• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese or English Black/White?

What version of B/W are you getting?

• Total voters

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
were the heck do you import them from??? i wanna import black any ideas on how to do that i need a new importing site the link would be awesome and ill buy white over here in its real realease (i know is not out yet)

The place you Import it from is in your signature? o:
http://play-asia.com/

Anyways, I'll be importing both.
Then buying them when they are released in America.

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2011
I'll be getting White when it's released in the UK but I'll play through either of them in Japanese through my R4 despite the fact I can't read Japanese. I did that with SoulSilver and the funny thing is my completition time was 3x as long in English.

Esmas

General
Years
Both. I'll pre-order the Japanese game(s), and buy and/or pre-order Black and White when they come out in America. Though I can hardly understand the Japanese language, I guess it's a way to practice it, and then there's the multiple event Pokémon, legendaries, and I just love having Japanese Pokémon! :D Not to mention I don't feel "left out" that people have played the game like a year before me XD;

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2010
I love the stories and I don't speak japanese so I wait for the english version

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
i will probably import one from japan. it will help me with my japanese and then i will probably buy the other in english

Adley

Tidiliboo
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Definatly going to wait for english release. I can't even stand to was Japanese subs. No doubt I'd go nuts playing the imported game

Guy

just a guy
Years
I rather wait for the English release where I can understand what I'm playing through and not ruin the fun of the game beforehand. My Japanese skills aren't so great, if you can even call it that, so I'm not going to waste my money importing and then buying the English copy altogether. I'll just wait for it to be released Spring of 2011 here in the US.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
English, as I only know two languages: English and Engrish,

BUT if it screws the game corner up, I'm gonna have to play a fan translation of the game (cause I'm NOT going through that Voltorb thing AGAIN) and then somehow get a hold of a DS flash cart (do they even make flash carts for the DS?).........

Actually, I highly doubt that Voltorb will even BE in the Isshu Pokedex, And it may be possible that there won't be any slots or Voltorb Flip off Jack Thompson in B/W (after Nintendo of Japan probably saw what America did with HG/SS), maybe (as I probabably said before) it will be an arcade with Pokemon-ified Arcade Classics like Space Invaders or Tetris

That's the thing with Americans, they live in fear (ZOMG, gambling will turn our children EVIL, we must change that!!!!!! ZOMG, the name "Tin Tower" will cause terrorists to invade!!!!!!!), while as one president said (I think it was Franklin Roosevelt) "There is nothing to fear, but fear itself (and spiders)!" Fear is an illusion created by the devil to trick us, as a result, HG/SS was heavily censored, all because paranoia has striken our adult guardians, personally, I think the censoring of the game corner and renaming of the Tin Tower is just plain ludicrous, but of course, it all started with the twice as paranoid Europeans haveng a fit over the slots in Platinum (a lot of my friends living in the UK had to import Platinum from the US, the last the states will ever see and play the slots in a video game that is not M rated, as we all know of the lovable bastard named Jack Thompson)

Last edited:

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
  • Age 34
  • Fl
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I don't understand Japanese at ALL. I wish I could import the game. Sigh, I'm just gonna have to wait. But I don't want the game and all the new Pokemon to be spoiled from me by waiting. =( I remember as each new generation game out, I always loved the thrill of playing it and seeing a new Pokemon for the first time when it appears in the wild.

Neurotripsy

前向きロケット団!
Years
I'm just gonna wait for the English release, probably cheaper & my Japanese isn't good enough to make it through the entire game.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I'll most likely be importing Black from Japan and buying White when it comes out in Canada. Though I haven't checked the cost for such a feat, so if it's too outrageous than I'll wait until next year.

....Naw, I can't wait. And I wouldn't have to worry about spoilers for once, as I'd just have to worry about not spoiling others. xD

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Patience might kill but it's a virtue :P
I'll just wait for the English version :)

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years
I am going to wait a week after the release of the Japanese rom for the translation patches. I am going to play Black because I plan to buy English White.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
Waiting for US release. I mean, I can't understand Japanese writing. BUT, I'll play the JP version on an emulator, to feel how the game is.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
English all the way, for me. My cousin got Japanese Platinum when it was released and he got all frustrated that he didn't know what on earth was happening.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
Years
I'll just wait until it's released in australia. I don't understand japanese, and I want to buy platinum and play through that first

Back