• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Kunzite Version!

Should I add 4th or 5th Generation Pokemon?

• Only 4th Generation Pokemon

Votes: 21 10.1%
  • Only 5th Generation Pokemon

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Both

Votes: 148 71.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 31 14.9%

• Total voters

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I thought you would do that and was gonna suggest it haha. A few other options could be Kapix (can be said 2 different ways), Kyrozes, Kravu, and Kilaswag (see what I did there? :P)

Haha, Kilaswag. Those sound good too. Hmmm.... I'm of thinking that the region name shouldn't start with a K because Kanto started with K.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 8, 2023
Haha, Kilaswag. Those sound good too. Hmmm.... I'm of thinking that the region name shouldn't start with a K because Kanto started with K.

Well, I don't really see that being a problem, as long as it doesn't sound like Kanto. But if you want, you can just spell those with a "C" instead. Oh, and I had a comment about your starters. They seriously look great, but I just hope you don't give the griffin-based line a Fire/Flying typing, just because it's not that good and it doomed Charizard. Hate to see them just be a repeat of that...so maybe Fire/Dragon could work? As for 4th and 5th gen Pokemon, I don't think the game will really need many of them, but I'd lean towards more 4th generation, as that includes new evolutions of previous Pokemon, etc.

Last edited:

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Well, I don't really see that being a problem, as long as it doesn't sound like Kanto. But if you want, you can just spell those with a "C" instead. Oh, and I had a comment about your starters. They seriously look great, but I just hope you don't give the griffin-based line a Fire/Flying typing, just because it's not that good and it doomed Charizard. Hate to see them just be a repeat of that...so maybe Fire/Dragon could work? As for 4th and 5th gen Pokemon, I don't think the game will really need many of them, but I'd lean towards more 4th generation, as that includes new evolutions of previous Pokemon, etc.

You have a good point. And I was actually thinking of changing the fire starter (although I'd keep it as a catchable Pokemon in-game), a gryphon doesn't really fit with a salamander and a shark. I might do a fire/dragon now, and the reason I was doing fire/flying was because it fit with the secondary type match-ups (fighting-rock-flying), if that makes sense.

I was also planning on not using generation 5 Pokemon based solely on the fact that I've never played a generation 5 game.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 8, 2023
You have a good point. And I was actually thinking of changing the fire starter (although I'd keep it as a catchable Pokemon in-game), a gryphon doesn't really fit with a salamander and a shark. I might do a fire/dragon now, and the reason I was doing fire/flying was because it fit with the secondary type match-ups (fighting-rock-flying), if that makes sense.

I was also planning on not using generation 5 Pokemon based solely on the fact that I've never played a generation 5 game.

Yea I get what you were trying to do, giving each a secondary typing that is good against the starter they'd otherwise be weak to. There's a few more triangles like that, like Ghost (or Fighting)/Psychic/Dark, etc. The only other issue that could be a problem is how much the salamanders are like the geckos (the Treecko line). I really like your starters though, but maybe you could keep the awesome shark and move the griffins like you suggested, then maybe revamp a little. I can help with getting the typing triangles or something else if you have trouble deciding. Leaving out 5th gen shouldn't be that big of a problem, unless you wanna toss in a few or maybe make some new evolutions for ones that need it (poor Stunfisk >.>)

Years
Is it me or does the OW resemble Ness from the Mother series?
No?
Must be seeing things.

Anyway this looks great! The fakemon look legitimate and the story is nice and solid.
Why not just call the region Kunzite? Or to bland?

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Yea I get what you were trying to do, giving each a secondary typing that is good against the starter they'd otherwise be weak to. There's a few more triangles like that, like Ghost (or Fighting)/Psychic/Dark, etc. The only other issue that could be a problem is how much the salamanders are like the geckos (the Treecko line). I really like your starters though, but maybe you could keep the awesome shark and move the griffins like you suggested, then maybe revamp a little. I can help with getting the typing triangles or something else if you have trouble deciding. Leaving out 5th gen shouldn't be that big of a problem, unless you wanna toss in a few or maybe make some new evolutions for ones that need it (poor Stunfisk >.>)

I was worried about the whole gecko issue when I made the grass starter, but I when I thought of the name "SLAMANDER" I couldn't help but make it. I may end up revamping the starters like you said; if I keep the shark line as the Water/Rock type I won't even need to add secondary types to the other two, Rock-Fire-Grass is a type triangle already. If you have any Fakemon ideas (and this goes for everyone), feel free to PM them to me because I'm running out of ideas.

After looking at Stunfisk, I feel like the poor thing needs some kind of evolution. I guess I'll throw in a few 5th generation Pokemon, in that case.

Is it me or does the OW resemble Ness from the Mother series?
No?
Must be seeing things.

Anyway this looks great! The fakemon look legitimate and the story is nice and solid.
Why not just call the region Kunzite? Or to bland?

I didn't even notice the resemblance and I made the character, haha, good eye.
And thank you! That's also not a bad idea. Although, I haven't played a Pokemon game where the region was the same name as the game, would it be too 'unorthodox' or would it not matter?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 8, 2023
I was worried about the whole gecko issue when I made the grass starter, but I when I thought of the name "SLAMANDER" I couldn't help but make it. I may end up revamping the starters like you said; if I keep the shark lie as the Water/Rock type I won't even need to add secondary types to the other two, Rock-Fire-Grass is a type triangle already. If you have any Fakemon ideas (and this goes for everyone), feel free to PM them to me because I'm running out of ideas.

After looking at Stunfisk, I feel like the poor thing needs some kind of evolution. I guess I'll throw in a few 5th generation Pokemon, in that case.

I didn't even notice the resemblance and I made the character, haha, good eye.
And thank you! That's also not a bad idea. Although, I haven't played a Pokemon game where the region was the same name as the game, would it be too 'unorthodox' or would it not matter?

Well, that won't really work though. The problem is, besides Water/Rock being a not-so-great typing, that wouldn't give the grass type an edge over the fire starter. A really cool triangle is Grass/Electric, Fire/Water, and Water/Ground. Or you could always try Grass/Ghost, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting for a "perfect type triangle". As for the region, I probably wouldn't make it the same just because it's unorthodox and not that creative. It wouldn't be the end of the world, though. Also, I'll send you a few ideas when I get some time. A good idea I thought of for the game would be to add hidden abilities with a unique way to get them (since there's no Dream World ofc).

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Well, that won't really work though. The problem is, besides Water/Rock being a not-so-great typing, that wouldn't give the grass type an edge over the fire starter. A really cool triangle is Grass/Electric, Fire/Water, and Water/Ground. Or you could always try Grass/Ghost, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting for a "perfect type triangle". As for the region, I probably wouldn't make it the same just because it's unorthodox and not that creative. It wouldn't be the end of the world, though. Also, I'll send you a few ideas when I get some time. A good idea I thought of for the game would be to add hidden abilities with a unique way to get them (since there's no Dream World ofc).

Oh yeah, I guess you're right. The problem is, the shark line has a theme involving anchors and weights for fishing, which would make it the steel or rock type. I didn't want to use Water/Steel because Empoleon has already claimed that type combination. What if there wasn't a perfect type triangle, and the secondary types didn't really affect each other (like in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)?

I also think it would be really cool to add hidden abilities, but first I'd have to figure out how.

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
UPDATE: I made a Youtube channel where I'll be officially posting stuff for Pokemon Kunzite version. I'll also be putting entertaining videos up. Feel free to subscribe and spread the word! :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/HeyoPC

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 8, 2023
Oh yeah, I guess you're right. The problem is, the shark line has a theme involving anchors and weights for fishing, which would make it the steel or rock type. I didn't want to use Water/Steel because Empoleon has already claimed that type combination. What if there wasn't a perfect type triangle, and the secondary types didn't really affect each other (like in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)?

I also think it would be really cool to add hidden abilities, but first I'd have to figure out how.

Yea, I see where you were goin with it but Conkeldurr holds 2 stone pillars and is a mono Fighting pokemon. So the anchors could just be a sign of strength. And to be honest, another Water/Steel wouldn't be so bad, as long as there's not ANOTHER Fire/Fighting starter. I think you should just go with making the starters good, like you said. You can make the griffins become a Dragon and keep them as the Fire starter, make the sharks either Fighting, Ground, or Steel, and then replace the Grass starter line and maybe use Electric, Ghost, or even Rock would make a good secondary type. Hope that gives you a few ideas.

As for a few other things, the physical/special split is probably a good idea to improve the game. Since this is a FireRed hack, that will have to be done manually...for tiles, you're doing a good job, but I just wanted to mention that you should try to make them really pop. An exellent example is the awesome work Dante did in the Ruby hack, Pokemon Crono, if you wanna take a look. Last thing - do you plan on adding new moves and/or abilities?

Last edited:

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Yea, I see where you were goin with it but Conkeldurr holds 2 stone pillars and is a mono Fighting pokemon. So the anchors could just be a sign of strength. And to be honest, another Water/Steel wouldn't be so bad, as long as there's not ANOTHER Fire/Fighting starter. I think you should just go with making the starters good, like you said. You can make the griffins become a Dragon and keep them as the Fire starter, make the sharks either Fighting, Ground, or Steel, and then replace the Grass starter line and maybe use Electric, Ghost, or even Rock would make a good secondary type. Hope that gives you a few ideas.

As for a few other things, the physical/special split is probably a good idea to improve the game. Since this is a FireRed hack, that will have to be done manually...for tiles, you're doing a good job, but I just wanted to mention that you should try to make them really pop. An exellent example is the awesome work Dante did in the Ruby hack, Pokemon Crono, if you wanna take a look. Last thing - do you plan on adding new moves and/or abilities?

I forgot that there has been more than one Fire/Fighting type starter, so I guess another Water/Steel type wouldn't be so bad. I think I'm definitely going to change the other two starters, though.

I agree with you on all of your other points. And I definitely considered adding new moves (I don't know if I can add new abilities), but first, I have to study up on how.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 8, 2023
I forgot that there has been more than one Fire/Fighting type starter, so I guess another Water/Steel type wouldn't be so bad. I think I'm definitely going to change the other two starters, though.

I agree with you on all of your other points. And I definitely considered adding new moves (I don't know if I can add new abilities), but first, I have to study up on how.

K sounds good. I'll be here when you really start programming in a few weeks.

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Updates: Got some music onto Youtube, got some mapping done.

Also, I need some ideas for what an underground city should look like.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
driftstone_zps843aeec6.png

Wow I love how you made the bridge from recycled fr tiles:)
Looks really good!

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2015
I Like everything about the game so far and the music sounds great but as an idea I think you should include a town that is snowy/ cold but also has parts with lava and things like that. Just a suggestion keep up the great work!

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I Like everything about the game so far and the music sounds great but as an idea I think you should include a town that is snowy/ cold but also has parts with lava and things like that. Just a suggestion keep up the great work!

I am planning on having one town and two cities that are going to be snowy (one's going to be the town you start in), and I'm planning on having a volcano map which will have lava too. How would you have a snowy level include lava? Or do you mean a town with lava in it?

Thank you for the compliments, too. :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
hey heyo!

This hack looks really nice, I like the screenies and the storyline is new and different. I could see myself spending many an hour on this game haha. I would love to help you out with the project. Ive just gotten into youtube videos for pokemon hacks and would love to spotlight this game on my channel. Send me a shout :)

~dwsquirtle

rhettz_emboar

Did you just pee??
Years
,nice hack sir heyo!

but i think the tiles should bbe more attractive.
dont you think so??

BTW good job!and good luck....

---------------------------
Its more fun in PC!

Project Genesis

Coming soon!

Want to help?
PM me!

EDIT:Looking forward for the final beta!

Last edited:
Back