• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

DemonParia

Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2015
That titlescreen was EPIC. This is a MASTERFUL MASTERPIECE of MASTERNESS. It's a BEAUTIFUL work of ART. CAPS are FUN.

No, but really. This seems like a magnificent hack.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
You mean where you have to cut the tree at first? YES, theres a BUG... :/

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2009
found some glitches/bug in LIBRARY..
when you try to talk a person(some not all) in library the screen will turn to red.

hope i wont encounter the cut tree glitch again

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
When I talk to the girl in the Latim catacombs, the game crashes and turns into a red mess.
I think the scripting could use a bit of fine tuning...

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2015
I tested the demo and I find her really well, there is that of small bug in rectified ^^

D3ath Angel

Ace Trainer
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2014
Glitches and all...

Let's share with eachother how far we've gotten and for what reason we can't go further. Maybe we can help eachother.

I got as far as 4 and then wandered around in Beta 2 until I gave up on the sandy beach. I repatched the game with beta 3, took the ferry, and the game turned black with music.

As for freezing in front of the cave where you need to cut, just use the gameshark walk-through-walls code. Walk around the guy standing there and enter the cave from above; that's how I did it. Here's the code:

509197D3 542975F4
78DA95DF 44018CB4

Watch out though, the code stays active until you shut off the emulator.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2008
:cer_boogie:Awesome!! The Intro story thingy looks really great hope to play soon!!:cer_boogie:

Mitchman

Banned
Years
I now see your problem you idiots. Your not supposed to re-patch beta 2 your supposed to restart it. Exactly why i dont get hyper happy over a beta and wiat for the full.

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
I now see your problem you idiots. Your not supposed to re-patch beta 2 your supposed to restart it. Exactly why i dont get hyper happy over a beta and wiat for the full.
That's exactly what I - and hopefully most - did, I deleted all traces of Beta 2 in order to replace it with Beta 3. I even deleted the folder it was originally in.
The problem may lie with a bad ROM, but that doesn't really give the excuse to call others idiots. Help their problems, but don't insult.. gee.

nct28th

MY METAPOD IS HARDER LOLZ XD
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 30, 2009
hey thrace i have an awesome idea cheak this out- what if you made Phill Colins a starter ehh he could have the attack belly drum hed be the best pokemon ever

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
hey thrace i have an awesome idea cheak this out- what if you made Phill Colins a starter ehh he could have the attack belly drum hed be the best pokemon ever
Who is Phil Colins? :/

Anyways, how go things Thrace? :3

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2009
I think i found a bug in beta 3, or it might be just me.
So i downloaded the game, patched it over Pokemon Red
Played for like 30 mins then saved and closed the game..
Now when i try to open it, theres no save game! Which really pissed me off.
Is it a bug or theres something wrong with me?
I play it on my PSP with a GBA Emu, every other game works perfectly fine and i can save and everything.

EDIT: I found a fix, the problem is with me, but i found it for rijonadventures

# Pokemon: rijonAdventures
game_name = RIJON ADVENT
game_code = BPRE
vender_code = 01
idle_loop_eliminate_target = 080008c6
flash_rom_type = 128KB

Can anyone give me the game_name and game_code for Genesis?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2011
SWEET

This is AWESOME im only in the first trainer battle and i already love it...
Can you PM me i have a question

ONly 1 problem so far, when you get paralyzed it dosnt show up (mine did when i leveled up)
Also the gym that has a notice on the door(Felridge)
Still lets you go inside....sorry for being critical but iwaan help on this awesome game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 23, 2009
wow its looking great! i really love that titlescreen, keep up the good work.

Years
hey, why arn't u doing a world map ?

hey i get to the 2nd gym city, and most of the ppl in the city and in the cave above, when i talk to them the game just get stucked
also the big building which was sliph. co is glitchy.
besides that i really loved the changes u made like in route 1 and i cant wait to continue play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
Same glitches as the others. library is all messed up. Every floor. There's also a pokeball on one floor that I can't reach. Lastly, The little girl in the catacombs freezes my game. this is really disappointing, because I really wanted to get the shiny duskull in this beta. funny, it worked just fine in the last beta. I'm betting that tree is still bugged too. =_= Overall, though, I've been enjoying the game. Can't wait to see the final product.

Back