• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which games do you think introduced the best pokemon?

Which game introduced the best pokemon

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lunar Crescent

I choose you pikachu!
Years
I agree with you on that, i liked Generation's II pokemon more, they where really cool and i liked them, the starters were amazing too, the legendaries were awesome too, who wouldn't want a Lugia!

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Black & White; but I personally like the first generation monsters, if what you mean by 'best' is 'favourite'.
I have a particular fondness for their sprites at the time, being rather grotesque and misshapen, ie. monstrous, hence Pocket Monsters.

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I think Gen 3 had a lot of really cool pokemon, and i even liked all the starters, so that has to be one of my favorite Gens regarding the new introduced pokemon

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
third gen for sure because their typing/designs were original. Toakrol is a turtle who is a water animal but is a fire type... I rest my case.

Years
5th Generation for sure, just look at all the strong Pokemon it introduced like Darmanitan, Reuniclus, Chandelure, Stoutland, Conkeldurr, Gigalith, Sigilyph, Sawsbuck... the list goes on!

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Overall, I'd say Gen 3 has the best , though Gen 5 comes really close to beating Gen 3.
Gen 3 is home to my favorite Pokemon, Treecko, and it also has many cool designs and strong Pokemon. Absol, Tropius, Wailord, Solrock, Shiftry, Aggron, Kyogre, Electrike; just a few examples of my favorites from gen 3.

For Gen 5, I'm really falling in love with this generation. The games were amazing and it really shows how much the series has improved. Alot of Gen V Pokemon have become my favorite and are really strong. Such as Braviary, Scrafty, Krookodile, Hydreigon, Darmanitan, Reuniclus, Chandelure, Haxorus, Carracosta, Golurk, and lots more.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I think 5th gen introduced the most useful Pokémon, which doesn't necessarily translate into metagame effectiveness, but 2nd gen introduced the overall coolest Pokémon, with 4th gen a close second.

People hate the 4th gen because of all the evolutions, but I loved them all, IMO it was a testament of love to the franchise by GF, who improved several Pokémon across all three previous generations. Some Pokémon I never looked at like Roselia and Murkrow are now among my favorites.

Sirfetch’d

For me it is a tie between Gen 3 and Gen 5. Both introduced wonderful Pokemon.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
third gen for sure because their typing/designs were original. Toakrol is a turtle who is a water animal but is a fire type... I rest my case.

Torkoal is a Tortoise, thus actually a land animal, but it is still pretty interesting ;)

I'm torn between 2 and 3, I think they both have some of the most interesting, and best looking pokemon

Years
As much as I love the original 151, I have to say gen 2. I really don't dislike any pokemon from it and it has my favorite one (Espeon). Love gen 2 :D

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. I loved how they introduced many new Pokemon and broke away from the Pokemon from the first two gens.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Gen 3 and gen 5, no question. Gen 3 offered some of the best standalones, and Flygon, while gen 5 gave us some amazing evolution families, and Golurk. The more isolated gens always bring out the better designs then the expansion gens, even if gen 2 and 4 had the best bird and mammal, Noctowl and Luxray respectively.

Years
I've always thought that even with it's smaller size compared to other regions, Johto and GSC introduced the best Pokemon. It gave us evolutions of Pokemon that needed them, we got a couple of cool new legendaries (that they didn't go overboard on), plus Pokemon could now have the Steel or Dark type, which really changed the game going forward.

Bounce

Blue eyes :3
Years
I'd have to say Gold/Silver/Crystal. I think all the pokemon from the second generation had awesome design.

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
I really like Gen 2, but I have to go with the pokemon from hoenn! the designs are really cool and none are really over the top. They are all really original and I love the legends of gen 3! Oh and gen 4 has a few of my faves (Munchlax, Turtwig, Gliscor) but as a whole... I really don't like the gen 4 pokemon all that much :/

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Generation 3 for me, just because it was the generation that got me back to pokemon. And of course Generation 1 is what got me into pokemon in the first place, so that's my second favorite.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
I honestly can't pick one generation, because each one has Pokemon that I love in it. If I had to though... It would have to be Gen 1. Just because Bulbasaur and evos are my most favoirte Pokemon ever.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
For me, the 5th generation had all the great looking and cute looking Pokemon as well. The other generations had their fair share of great looking Pokemon, but doesn't compare to the ones in Unova.

in my opinion:
01 - 5th generation
02 - 4th generation
03 - 3rd generation
04 - 1st generation
05 - 2nd generation

Back