• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Nintendo E-shop

Years
si I'm from Phillipines who is planning to buy Pokemon Y in the e-shop
and ofcourse I will be using my parent's Credit Card to add funds to my nintendo e-shop
so I can buy it
will it be that easy?
some site said that I can't use it because the credit card is in the PH while, I change my Nintendo 3ds Location to california

help please :P
will it accept the credit card to add funds?

Sirfetch’d

While the games are region locked if you buy the cartridge, I am pretty sure that you can put funds on any 3DS with any card, using the following steps:

1. From the HOME Menu, select the Nintendo eShop icon and tap "Open."
  2. Scroll left and select "Add Funds."
  3. Select "Add Funds Using a Credit Card," then select the dollar amount ($5, $10, $20, or $50).
  4. Select the type of credit card (VISA / MasterCard).
  5. Enter the credit card number, expiration date, and security code, then select "OK."
  6. Enter the zip code / postal code, then select "OK."
  7. Select "Yes"or "No" to store the credit-card information.
    • If Yes is selected:
      1. Using the touch screen, enter a four-to-eight character password and tap "OK."
      2. Re-enter the same four-to-eight character password and tap "OK."
  8. Tap "Add Funds."
  9. Tap "OK" to return to the shelf menu.
I'd like someone else to clarify and make sure though as I am not 100% positive about this, but remember next time that this forum is for questions related to Pokecommunity itself. Hope that I helped though! :]

Sirfetch’d

Unfortunately I did some more research on this and it appears that you can only use a credit card that is inside of your system's region :[ For example, you will need to use a 3DS that was purchased in the Philippines if the credit card you are using was issued there. Sorry about the confusion.

My advice would be to try it and see if it works and if not, you should have plenty of time to pre-order a cartridge game online that is meant for your system and have it delivered within the week of release :]

Years
Unfortunately I did some more research on this and it appears that you can only use a credit card that is inside of your system's region :[ For example, you will need to use a 3DS that was purchased in the Philippines if the credit card you are using was issued there. Sorry about the confusion.

My advice would be to try it and see if it works and if not, you should have plenty of time to pre-order a cartridge game online that is meant for your system and have it delivered within the week of release :]

Yep bought in the Philippines however I changed the location to California in order to have a e-shop
but then I will use the credit card.
I see I will try it.

Years
I'm not having a complete knowledege about adding funds with e-shop, but I'm pretty sure that if you have a credit card that can be used for international shopping it will work.
for example I ordered my 3ds from UK, and added funds without using credit card from their, I just used my dad visa which can be good for any kind of international shopping.
So if your parents have that kind of credit card I think you will be fine.
(I will jus note again that I'm not 100% certain about what I said, I will asked someone who understand those things and will have certain answer for you).

Years
unfortunately my parents changed their mind
about letting me use their credit card and I will buy a E-shop card instead

Back