• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Wedlocke Challenge.

Years
Update 1!
- Started with Oshawott (Male) nicknamed Rip Tide
- Beat both Bianca and Cheren with a lot of luck
- Encountered Lillipup (Female), Caught on Route 1
- Nicknamed Lillipup: Beeotch
- Rip Tide and Beeotch are a couple
- Beat N with both Rip Tide and Beeotch
- Encountered Patrat (Female), Caught on Route 2
- Nicknamed Patrat: Patricia
- Arrived at Striton City
- Obtained a Pansear (Male) in Dreamyard
- Nicknamed Pansear: Goku
- Patricia and Goku are a couple
- Beat Cilan with Patricia and Goku
- Beat Cheren on Route 3 with Patricia and Goku
- Beat Plasma Grunts in Wellspring cave with Rip tide and Beeotch
- Encountered Drilbur (Male), Caught in Wellspring cave
- Nicknamed Drilbur: Moleman
- Encountered Pidove (Female), Caught on Route 3
- Nicknamed Pidove: McPigeon
- McPigeon and Moleman are a couple
- Arrived at Nacterene City
- Defeted N with McPidgen and Moleman
- Encountered Tymploe (Male), Caught at Pinwheel Forest
- Nicknamed Tymploe: Mudman
- Mudman was sent to PC as I have 6 Pokemon
- Both Beeotch and Rip Tide have evolved into a Herdier and Dewott
- About to Face Lenora with Rip Tide and Beeotch
- Hopefully I won't loose anyone to that damn Watchog!

CURRENT TEAM

Rip Tide (Dewott) - (M)
Lv 18
Impish Nature
Moveset - Tackle, Focus Energy, Razor Shell, Water Sport

Beeotch - (Herdier) - (F)
Lv 18
Quirky Nature
Moveset - Tackle, Take Down, Bite, Order Sleuth

Patrica - (Patrat) - (F)
Lv 18
Mild Nature
Moveset - Tackle, Detect, Crunch, Hypnosis

Goku - (Pansear) - (M)
Lv 18
Hardy Nature
Moveset - Cut, Lick, Yawn, Incinerate

Moleman - (Drilbur) - (M)
Lv 18
Gentle Nature
Moveset - Mud Sport, Mud Slap, Metal Claw, Fury Swipes

McPigeon - (Pidove) - (F)
Lv 18
Brave Nature
Moveset - Air Cutter, Roost, Quick Attack, Leer

Years
I ll have to restart this because my computer crashed a while ago and I lost everything I had on it :( So I ll restart this later today - this time on Pearl and I will randomize it as I did before because I want to have a bit more of a challenge since I have no idea on what can pop out of grass that way :)

godo156

All Hail the Glow Cloud
Years
Would, uh, it be possible to do a slight alternate of this challenge with male/male, female/female, ungendered/(fe)male and ungendered/ungendered pairings along with male/female and still be included in this?
In any case, I may join in this if it's not too late, but I'll have to wait till I get home to see what game I can play it on (at school atm)

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Would, uh, it be possible to do a slight alternate of this challenge with male/male, female/female, ungendered/(fe)male and ungendered/ungendered pairings along with male/female and still be included in this?
In any case, I may join in this if it's not too late, but I'll have to wait till I get home to see what game I can play it on (at school atm)

You can't have 2 males in a couple, or 2 females in a couple, it's not that I am against same gender couples It defeats the point of the challenge and Genderless pokemon cannot enter because of the reasoning that they have no gender therefore cannot be paired.

Years
You can't have 2 males in a couple, or 2 females in a couple, it's not that I am against same gender couples It defeats the point of the challenge and Genderless pokemon cannot enter because of the reasoning that they have no gender therefore cannot be paired.

It wouldn't defeat the point of the challenge if you ONLY used same-gender couples. You'll have incompatibility either way. Of course I guess the question was about pairing with every single possible combination, including with pokemon that no one can normally use, so I guess that doesn't help XP

If Genderless pairs were allowed, they'd either be wildcards (which is possibly too easy?) or Genderless/Genderless only which I could imagine being QUITE difficult to pull off under Nuzlocke rules. Plus there's the aspect where they're normally banned, which could lead to certain advantages if you allow them (such as being able to catch a pokemon in New Mauville in Ruby).

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
Hv to ask, to be politically correct why only male and female pokemon can pair :p

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
It wouldn't defeat the point of the challenge if you ONLY used same-gender couples. You'll have incompatibility either way. Of course I guess the question was about pairing with every single possible combination, including with pokemon that no one can normally use, so I guess that doesn't help XP

If Genderless pairs were allowed, they'd either be wildcards (which is possibly too easy?) or Genderless/Genderless only which I could imagine being QUITE difficult to pull off under Nuzlocke rules. Plus there's the aspect where they're normally banned, which could lead to certain advantages if you allow them (such as being able to catch a pokemon in New Mauville in Ruby).

I understand what you're trying to say but it still becomes pointless having same gender couples, as I mentioned before it then just becomes a Nuzlocke with some extra rules and not a wedlocke, I have nothing against same gender couples it is just the rules of the challenge, and genderless pokemon are not allowed because of obvious reasons, Maybe I might add some wild card pokemon that are genderless in the future but for now the rules will stay as they are.

Hv to ask, to be politically correct why only male and female pokemon can pair :p

Because other wise it defeats the point of being a wedlocke, instead it becomes a nuzlocke with a few extra rules.

Can I just add if you do not plan on actually taking part in the challenge, can you refrain from posting in here. If you have any questions regarding the challenge send me a PM or VM and I'll be happy to reply.

Last edited:
Years
Two things regarding the OP:
1. You can't really do a Wedlocke in RBYG (read: Gen I) because Pokémon don't have genders there.
2. Why do Black and White require you to beat Alder for completion? Most people who do Nuzlockes in BW declare it complete after beating Ghetsis, I mean there are probably a few who do Alder but not many in comparison.

Thanks!

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Two things regarding the OP:
1. You can't really do a Wedlocke in RBYG (read: Gen I) because Pokémon don't have genders there.
2. Why do Black and White require you to beat Alder for completion? Most people who do Nuzlockes in BW declare it complete after beating Ghetsis, I mean there are probably a few who do Alder but not many in comparison.

Thanks!

I've seen a few challenges which require you to beat alder, If you feel that N and Ghetsis are enough of a challenge then by all means end the challenge there.

And I have noticed RBYG don't run genders so I will remove them. People will have to use LG and FR.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Name: Ewery1
Game: Emerald
Ultimate or Single?: Single
Any optional rules?: Dupes Clause

• Moved to Littleroot
  • Saved Birch using a level 5 Mudkip newly nicknamed: Marshy! (Male).
  • Battled Misty who had a level 5 Treecko, and won!
  • Got the Pokedex and five Pokeballs.
  • Got the Running Shoes from my mom. (Whew surviving that long was painful...)
  • Caught a female, level 2, Wingull on route 101 and nicknamed it Flippers (Who knew they were there?).
  • Marshy and Flippers are now partners :D
  • Caught a male, level 2, Poochyena on route 103 and nicknamed it Steve.
  • Bought a bunch of supplies, Pokeballs and antidotes. (Poison is a killer...)
  • After running around in circles for ages trying to find a female Pokemon I haven't caught yet, I found a FEMALE Wurmple on level 3 which I named, Spinny.
  • Steve and Spinny are now a group. Yay!

That's it for today! The Pokemon are below.

Team
Spoiler:

PC
Spoiler:

Dead
Spoiler:

Years
I'll submit my challenge I did on Marriland a while back:

Name: novachief37
Game: Platinum
Ultimate or Single?: Single
Any Optional Rules?: No

http://www.marriland.com/forums/pokemon/pokemon-challenges/436747

Just for posterity, you said in DMs that you'd like hard proof that that was me. As I mentioned there, I have my link to my profile on Marriland listed below. But nevertheless, here was my final team:
Spoiler:

And here were the deaths I had:
Spoiler:

Hope this is sufficient enough! Thanks.

Years
I had to restart the challenge D: I had some computer issues and I lost everything I had on it x.x

Anyways I did start the game today and I did get a little bit done. I did all the beginning stuff and named myself Lara and my rival Barry. I got the starters. I don't remember which were the other 2 starters but I remember that I chose Octillery because it would be useful for first gym. Named Octillery Rennia . Bought some pokeballs - May the catching party begin!

First encounter on Route 201 was Bidoof - but luckily it was female so I didn't catch it. First eligable encounter was *drum rolls* lvl 2 charmeleon ~ I caught him and named him Charlie. He is now married to Rennia.

Went to the route next to the lake and first encounter there was Starly - I was really really happy because I love Staraptor- I caught her and named her Starlia.

Spoke to my mom and I went on to Route 202 where Lucas showed me how to catch a pokemon (Because I really didn't know how to do it and I didn't get Starly and Charmeleon x.x)

First male on route 202 was ~ Tyrogue. I caught him and named him Lil' Champ Lil' Champ and Starlia are now married.

I came to Jubilife city and it's time to catch our last pair. First encounter on route 204 was Dratini - I cought her and named her Cassie. First male encounter in the cave ahead was Shuckle but I accidentally killed him. So I went fishing left from the Jubilife and first pokemon I met was female Skuntank :( I wish I could have her though she would be awesome D: First male was Rapidash. I caught him and named him Thowra. Thowra and Cassie are now married.

I did a little bit of grinding so I got everybody up to level 10, got the Pokech and I battled my rival. I used Thowra and Cassie - Cassie took down his starly fairly easily and Rapidash took care of his Piplup (It's odd because I swear that professor said that we chose Piplup and Turtwig - You'd think that I chose "Piplup" and he chose turtwig - but apparently not lol.

Anyways here is current team - Will go on tomorrow.

First Pair:
224f.gif

Rennia, female, lvl 10
Good perservance, likes dry food.
Rash Nature, Ability: Sniper (I actually love this ability :o )
Water Gun
Constrict
Psy Beam
Aurora Beam
My starter and I love her. I love the moveset I got her with - It's really good and hopefully she comes with me to elite 4.

and

005.gif

Charlie, male, lvl 10
Mischievous. Happily eats anything.
Quirky Nature, Ability: Blaze
Scratch
Growl
Ember
SmokeScreen
He is awesome - And will be even more awesome when he evolves :)

Second pair:
236.gif

Lil' Champ, male, lvl 11
Often dozes off. Likes spicy food.
Adamant Nature, Ability: Guts
Tackle
Helping Hand
Fake Out
Needs some work but he is going to be awesome once he evolves.

and

396f.gif

Starlia, Female, lvl 11
Often lost in thought. Likes Bitter food.
Calm nature, Ability: Keen Eye
Tackle
Growl
Quick Attack
Wing Attack
Once she evolves into a Staraptor she is going to be even more awesome than she is now. She is going to be very useful for Gardenia.

Third Pair:
078.gif

Thowra, Male, lvl 10
Higly curious. Likes sour food.
Impish Nature, Ability: Run Away
Quick Attack
Growl
Tail Whip
Ember
He is a good team member :) He is also going to be useful in Gardenia's gym.

and

147.gif

Cassie, Female, lvl 10
Sturdy Body. Happily eats anything.
Hardy Nature, Ability: Shed Skin
Wrap
Leer
Thunder Wave
Needs a lot of work but she is going to be really really good when she evolves into dragonite.

Last edited:
Back