• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Pokémon Trading Card Game Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Found a checklist and it said Double Crisis is 34 cards, with 66 after reverse foils. My fave place for cards sells them for 15 dollars, but lowest my local I noticed at 14. Lots of support for status games. Though I see running four reg Groudon EX and four Team Magma Groudon EX in same deck as too much, the Double Crisis bit adds nice Trainers.

If only the Team Magma ball was in the video games for breeding pass around...

Last edited:
Years
There's some place, a hobby shop, that sells cards and singles and all that great stuff, and even holds events. But I have no way of getting there sadly. I really would like to go though.

Also trying to get back into the PTCGO. The only complaint is now there are daily challenges and not daily rewards. But that's alright if you play more often than I do lol.

Years
Hi, I'm thinking of getting back into collecting Pokemon cards. I bought two packs the other day at a local store and then ordered the "Enchanted Echo" deck on Amazon. Not sure where to start, I guess I should buy a good binder to put them in.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Hi, I'm thinking of getting back into collecting Pokemon cards. I bought two packs the other day at a local store and then ordered the "Enchanted Echo" deck on Amazon. Not sure where to start, I guess I should buy a good binder to put them in.

I personally recommend portfolios. Anytime I've have the card binders with the separator sheets they just turn into ruined pieces of junk. ;;
The portfolios have sleeves that open from the slide and allow very few cards to be placed in them, making it better to keep items in near-mint condition.

Also, actual, individual card sleeves are way better for storage than any larger plastic cases. The tighter the sleeve, the less room for weather effects to get in there. Sleeves can be anywhere from $4-$8, depending on the quality and brand. I personally recommend KNC brand card sleeves. They come in packs of 80, have awesome colors, super durable, and are made to hold one and only one card, so the fit is a little tighter.

Years
In addition to card sleeves, the second thing you'll want to get are hard-plastic toploaders for your rarer cards, and some sort of longbox/card box that fits those. Those do get pricey, though. Then again, so does nearly every method if you end up buying enough cards.

EDIT: It's also worth noting that I probably own somewhere north of 5000 Pokemon cards. This is just a complete guess, though. I haven't actually bothered to count in years.

Last edited:
Years
Hi, I really like the Pokémon TCG i've got about 900 cards, and nobody to play wth. =( Is there any online software like YGOpro where you can play it online, and make your own decks. Don't say TCG online, you got to buy like everything unless they've massively changed it.

Years
Hi, I really like the Pokémon TCG i've got about 900 cards, and nobody to play wth. =( Is there any online software like YGOpro where you can play it online, and make your own decks. Don't say TCG online, you got to buy like everything unless they've massively changed it.

They have changed the TCG online quite a bit in the last couple of years. I remember when I first started it was essentially impossible to play for free, and I gave up within like an hour, but they've changed that a lot. As far as game mechanics, it's the best I've seen so far. It's obviously going to be way easier to buy cards, but it's actually not too hard to play for free - you get a few free decks to play with off the bat, and there's always a promo code that gets you a free deck, and you can earn booster packs and tokens to buy more booster packs or decks various ways - daily log in bonus, matches against other players, entering tournaments, etc. If you're active, you can easily get a couple of booster packs a week, or a new deck every month or so. Only downside is cards you got for "free" can't be traded (with the exception of cards won through tournaments, which count as "purchased" so they can be traded).

Otherwise there's tcgone.net. All the cards except the most recent set or two are available, and you aren't limited to cards you own so can make any deck you want (unless you're playing in "career mode" where you earn points to buy cards through playing games and achieving goals). It can be a bit finicky at times though, I find gameplay a bit clunky, and it hasn't been very active recently. But it's good if you want to play using some of the original sets.

There's also playtcg.com. I haven't really used it because it's completely manual play - the computer doesn't do anything for you at all unless the programming's been updated recently - but again, you can use any cards you want, so it's good if you want to play with older cards, or interact more with your opponent (because you have to actually tell them what attack you've used etc.)

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for the advice on storing the cards, I purchased a small portfolio for them. Ordered 4 booster packs, can't wait to see what I get! :)

Years

There really isn't an equivalent to YGOpro. Well, there kinda are, but they require extensive knowledge of the rules, like playtcg.me / playtcg.com for instance. It doesn't handle the rules processing for you. You basically have to know how a card will play in order to be using PlayTCG.

Years
What's with the online codes, are they just used to play or are they to track what cards you own? If it's just to play the game I'll give the codes away because I just collect but if it helps track I want to do that

Years
What's with the online codes, are they just used to play or are they to track what cards you own? If it's just to play the game I'll give the codes away because I just collect but if it helps track I want to do that

They are only for getting cards in the TCGO. They have no use for tracking the cards you get in a physical booster pack as the packs you get from the codes are generated when you enter the code into the TCGO client, so the contents of the digital pack will be different roughly 99% of the time.

BrinkX69

Fun!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 30, 2015
First question ever on this site, so sorry if it comes across as ignorant... (or in the wrong thread)

So I was looking at deck building suggestions and one person references the following card(s):
"3-1-3 AT Sceptile line"

Now I know that the Sceptile line is; Treecko -> Grovyle -> Sceptile
I also understand that the "3-1-3" refers to how many of each of those cards to use.

What I don't understand is what does the "AT" mean before Sceptile? I have a couple of Sceptiles and I can't figure out which set this one would be from... what does "AT" mean. Help :-)

Thanks in advance (plus is there somewhere I could go to figure out what much of the short-hand language means... like "FA" means "full art", "LF" means "looking for", etc.).

Last edited:

BrinkX69

Fun!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 30, 2015
If it's a recent post, it's probably referring to "Ancient Traits", an aspect of certain cards new in Primal Clash.

Ahhhhhh... that makes total sense! Some of the new cards have special "traits" listed at the top of the cards such as, "Recovery", "Growth", "Barrier", "Barrage", etc. All proceeded by what looks to be a symbol from the Greek alphabet (Alpha and Omega... which I guess comes from the new video games? Strange though that they used the lower case letter for Alpha and uppercase letter for Omega :-).

I was aware of the new cards and these traits, but for the life of me I wasn't putting two and two together about the name of these traits. Boy did you hook me up as I had already spent way too much time trying to figure this out and was starting to pull my hair out :-)

Reading through the posts in this thread, I find your name often. You have been very helpful to many people and I just want to extend my thanks from all of us.

Portugal, huh. This truly is a global game...

DerpyTails

PokeBrony
Years
So I went to my local Roaring Skies Prerelease yesterday (haven't been to one since Flashfire) and here are my pros and cons about it:

Pros
---
* Friendly Folks
* Traded for some good cards Here (Mega Gardy I bought from the store though)
* Got some alright pulls (1 FA Latios-EX, 1 Reg. M Latios-EX, 2 Trainer's Mail, RH Deoxys, Winona, AT Altaria Regular Art, RH Latios Spirit Link)
* The Altaria Promo art :3
* Bought a RH VS Seeker

Cons
---
* No Sky Fields or Shaymin Pulls :(
* Tried to get a FA Yveltal-EX for my Brother and failed :p
* Lost all of my rounds

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
how valuable are gold star pokemon cards?

Not necessarily monetary value, but are they seen as must have's or significantly valued by collectors.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
how valuable are gold star pokemon cards?

Not necessarily monetary value, but are they seen as must have's or significantly valued by collectors.
I think they're a risky investment compared to say 1st edition base set holos, because people have been hoarding them like crazy with the same goal of making a profit in mind. Purely as a collector's item though, they're still extremely desirable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back