Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games
Reload this Page Your game ideas

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 8th, 2015 (08:27 PM).

Nature: Hasty
The Alternate World idea sounds really cool.
The real-world aspect of it is interesting, and could be used many different ways. It already makes for a unique hook to the story, and could provide a different perspective on the Pokemon world, since it's from an 'outsider'.
And the Pokemon Detective part, solving cases, seems like it could be really fun, because you'd be getting involved in people's lives and problems and have a very good reason for it.

The malicious pick-up item sounds interesting. It reminds me of when you'd find items in the old Pokemon games and they would be Voltorb or Electrode, and it was very surprising.
Old March 9th, 2015 (02:47 AM).

Nature: Quirky
I'm not going to say too many on something already existing buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut there is. So anyway me and a couple of friends have started making a game and we wanted some community input. SO here is we begin

Protagonists
The first hero you see is Tarottorida and she is a nice young teenager around 18 she had left her foster parents house to the big city to earn some money. Unfortunately when her business doesn't go to well and the landlord asks her to pay up she runs. Anyway her weapon is Tarot cards hence her name.

Our second hero you meet is Jensen and the only male hero funny enough he is a touring pianist and he is walking in the street when Tarotto bumps in to him and they both go sprawling and his weapons are a keyboard and an axe

The next hero is Mayu and you wouldn't call her much of a peoples person. Yeah after her legs got cut she was made robotic legs by some scientists and then getting put into suspended animation will do that ya so yeah. You meet Mayu in an abandoned lab and free her from suspended animation. In all sense her main weapon is her new robotic legs

Ah the biggest cheese of all and I mean that job wise she is a bloody GOD!!!.... That had fallen from grace due to the trickery and arrogance of Loki and Thor respectively, anyway you meet Lotti in a pomegranate grove unconscious. Her main weapon is a massive that can control the four basic elements

And finally the biggest ham and I mean if we let her she would probably the entire background hmmmm tasty. Anyway I can't really give much info on HER (yes really that's her name) except her weapons which is stuff like falling pianos, ten ton weights, rainbow lasers, surprise howitzer. (sorry)

Story
Well the story is a bit basic on the surface Loki like in The Avengers minus the aliens plus mythical beasts wants to destroy the collecting a eight pieces of a crystal to imprison him blah de blah de blah. Along the way you will be helping people with their problems
Attached Thumbnails
10378959_863127883701653_6333293695453930210_n.jpg‎   10402984_863127897034985_4258426344429500707_n.jpg‎   10414511_863127953701646_5684628924440605458_n.jpg‎   10455054_863127917034983_8664723485768545676_n.jpg‎   HER.jpg‎  

Old March 11th, 2015 (02:26 AM). Edited March 11th, 2015 by Ice.
Turn off the heat, I'm trying to keep my cool
Silver Tier

So, I'm a big fan of board games, and I always like it when games take influences from them. Recently it got me thinking about a board game-ish pokemon game. It would be a full pokemon game that would take anywhere between 4 to 8 hours to complete. In my mind it would be playable by multiple people at the same time, in a turn based way. Towns would be a one square space, and you would get different options as to what you want to do there, like shopping or talking to NPC's. Routes would be multiple spaces, and if walked over you will get an encounter a turn, or a trainer battle if you end up on such a space. Once you have had that, you can do some activities on a square, as talk to NPC's for maybe the start of a quest or get some info. These would be semi-randomised. The goal would just to be the first to beat the elite four and the champion, and these quests would make small random storylines to liven the game up. Because the area's are all smaller and encounters are done by events, the game could scale to your level, and gyms could be done in any other. Of course they would still have a certain level, so that you need to be a certain strength to win a badge.

I think this idea could be very fun, and I'm all for working on it, if other people are interested. I'll write and draw some better concepts to show off.

EDIT: So I made some simple pictures to show off the concept. There should be a text overlay, but I'm too lazy to put that in, so the text is included under the picture.
Spoiler:

No text, just a showcase.

It's Player 1's turn! Let's roll the dice.

Player 1 rolled 2.
-
A wild pokemon appeared. (Here follows the normal pokemon encounter system. No pic made.)
-
Choose an action - Search around
- Open Bag
- Check Pokemon
- End turn

Youngster Joey challenged Player 1!

Where should Youngster Joey be put down? (Because PvP is basically undoable on a single pc, the players can move trainers they beat to annoy and block other trainers.)

Youngster Joey Challenged Player 2

Red spots are town, and give the player the ability to challenge Gym leaders. If you lose, then you can't challenge him again that turn.
Old April 13th, 2015 (01:20 PM).

Alright, time for me to see how people take to....................
Pokémon Redemption
Lore: There was a time when Pokémon and Humans lived in peace, without fear or hatred. Arceus created these two species as separate halves, the Humans having their complex minds, and the Pokémon having their amazing powers. Neither species would truly be complete without the other. However, this all changed when a single Human, driven by unknown motives, waged war on the world. Using near infinite resources, and an army rumored to have spawned from the Distortion World, this lone Human struck hopelessness into all who opposed him, with the exception of only one. The single rebel, known by history as the Ancient Hero, faced the Human in a battle to the death.............and lost. Arceus soon decided that he had seen enough, that the only way he could save the world he created was to destroy it. The Human was forced to watch as his entire species died before his eyes before being killed himself as punishment for his actions, thus forever being remembered as the Last Human. Before long, Arceus had created a new world, filled with a solitary species bearing traits from both Humans and Pokémon. With luck, the old catastrophes will never happen again............

Story: Celebrating the 1,000th year of the world's rebirth, the denizens of the world are living harmoniously amongst themselves. However, a young male named Shade is having dreams of a strange creature with black fur and yellow rings. The village elder keeps telling him that the dreams have little meaning, but after meeting an odd woman that looks suspiciously like the ancient Pokémon Gardevoir, the dreams have worsened. Is Shade losing his mind, or is he destined for something beyond what he's always known?

Features:
Voice Acting (Might not be implemented, but still highly possible)
Day-Night System
Sound Test
"If the cock won't sing, buy me a Cola, and none of that Diet stuff, y'hear me?" -Eiichiro Oda
Old 1 Week Ago (03:28 AM).
Asker of Dumb Questions

Right, so I've had a game in mind for a while...

It's your typical Pokemon storyline with 2 Main Regions and one Mini Region.
Like all Pokemon games, the focus is challenging the Pokemon League. However no badges need to be won and winning the League isn't a necessity.
It's all about getting enough money to pay entrance into the league, so there will be different benefactors looking to help fund your challenge.

A few side storylines I've got in mind :
A Team Rocket eqiuvalent(not named as of yet) and a Pokemon Breeder both looking to catch Mew. (Mewtwo involved)
A pair of Pokemon detectives on the trail of Pokemon Smugglers.
An organisation looking to control all Pokemon Battles in the regions.
And for the outlandish, a time travelling Pokemon Trainer that helps out on the odd occasion.

I also want the game to be very decision orientated. Giving a lot of options as the player goes on and each effecting the gameplay, whether it be big or small effects.

What you guys think?
Old 1 Week Ago (04:13 AM).
Blah

Quote originally posted by Marohak:

Like all Pokemon games, the focus is challenging the Pokemon League. However no badges need to be won and winning the League isn't a necessity.
It's all about getting enough money to pay entrance into the league, so there will be different benefactors looking to help fund your challenge.

A Team Rocket eqiuvalent(not named as of yet) and a Pokemon Breeder both looking to catch Mew. (Mewtwo involved)
And for the outlandish, a time travelling Pokemon Trainer that helps out on the odd occasion.

I also want the game to be very decision orientated. Giving a lot of options as the player goes on and each effecting the gameplay, whether it be big or small effects.

What you guys think?
Money mattering would be cool!

Time traveler is kinda of left field. But I like the idea of making factions/jobs.

Criminal: The Evil Team.

Cop/Private Eye: Be an apprentice for the two detectives.

Controllers: A Ace trainer type program. They want to regulate trainers, impose strict rules, regulate the strength of teams. But they need a majority of something, like a ruling council based on the region's top trainers. Maybe the E4 is that council? So they have a program to make the best of the best and you get in. Endgame choice is voting for or against them.

All three have their own quest lines/ways to earn money.
Old 1 Week Ago (12:38 PM).

Quote originally posted by Marohak:

What you guys think?
Decision oriented? Sounds kinda neat. And not needing to win badges? Time travel? GENIUS!!!!!!!! Too bad my idea doesn't get this much attention..............................
"If the cock won't sing, buy me a Cola, and none of that Diet stuff, y'hear me?" -Eiichiro Oda
Old 1 Week Ago (05:33 PM).

Nature: Brave
Cool little side story
So my rule when choosing pokemon to use in a game is only use dual typed pokemon for more stab options. Its the only reason I never use eve forms. SO i was thinking. What if someone made a little side story in a hack where team rocket or whoever was experimenting on useing two types of stone on an eve at the same time. Of coarse it wouldnt be that evee it would simply evolve into one or the other, so they harness the energy of the stones and fuse two types together. Then the evee doesn't react so they genetically alter evee slightly so that it can. boom, dual typed evee evolution. And of caurse once you defeat them you find they left some altered stones and a genetically altered evee and you rescue it and take the stones. Then, since only 3 or them evolve from stones normally you have only 3 dual typed stones to use on it. fire-electric, water electric and water-fire.
Old 1 Week Ago (11:52 PM).
Asker of Dumb Questions

Quote originally posted by lauerolus:
Money mattering would be cool!

Time traveler is kinda of left field. But I like the idea of making factions/jobs.

Criminal: The Evil Team.

Cop/Private Eye: Be an apprentice for the two detectives.

Controllers: A Ace trainer type program. They want to regulate trainers, impose strict rules, regulate the strength of teams. But they need a majority of something, like a ruling council based on the region's top trainers. Maybe the E4 is that council? So they have a program to make the best of the best and you get in. Endgame choice is voting for or against them.

All three have their own quest lines/ways to earn money.
The time traveler is to take a bit of seriousness out of the game. Also, thought of using him to introduce Gen 6 Pokemon.

My idea for the the Evil team and Pokemon breeder is to have the breeder child be your rival/friend, then depending on which you help attain Mew, your rival will pick the other team and be your final battle at League.

Then maybe have a few mini Pokemon Tournies hosted by "Controlling Company" with very strict rules.

Thanks for feedback
Old 3 Days Ago (02:01 PM).

So while I was at work on my break, I decided to get RPG M XP and do some experimenting. After a while, I made a half-completed script for a fan game. They will be called Pokemon Granite and Andestite, and the sister game (Like crystal, emerald, or platinum) will be Diorite. For Granite, the legendary will be Moltres, for Andestite, I will be Zapdos, and for Diorite, Articuno. The three starters will be Smoochum, Magby, and Elekid, and Jynx will get a fake-mon evolution through a Freezerizer, compare to an Electarizer (is that it) and a Magmarizer. Ditto will play a major role, disguising itself as either Zapdos or Moltres in their respective games and confusing the player as a boss. HMs will be removed, and TMs will be accessible through a TM(TM) player, where at a hotel or someplace with a television you can click the TV and ask if you would like to use a TM. A TM player will be able to be obtained through saving someone (sort of like how you got the bike in B/W) because the guy said he wanted it for his Wobbuffet but Wobbuffet didn't like the TV. ( ) The game will contain all Pokemon up to gen VI, all megas, the two primals, and if gen VII comes out before I am done and there is some promising Pokemon in that roster, I will add them in as well. I have a lot more ideas, and feel free to add to what I have here.

Thanks!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links