• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokemon Aria [DEMO 2.6 OUT NOW 8 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY 3 GYMS SHADOW POKEMON NEW UI AND VISUAL REHAUL ]

Years

nJZtOCa.png

UPDATE:
Pokemon Aria is no longer being worked on

About

Hello, and thanks for checking the thread for Pokemon Aria. Pokemon Aria started as a ROM hack in late 2012, throughout the years it has progressed to its current form as a game made in Pokemon Essentials, this incarnation of Aria has been in development for about 6 months. I am mostly doing it as a learning experience for later games I am involved in. The point of Aria is to be a relatively small game that people can play quickly.

The Region

Spoiler:

Throughout Aria you will be exploring the Lua Region a vastly diverse region filled will tons of different types of Pokemon. Travel from the Snowy Peaks of Harmonic Villa to the urban alleys of Tempra City. The thing that sets Lua apart is its Battle Frontiers instead of a typical set of gyms. The Facilities have combinations of types instead of a single, and their teams are meant to be difficult often built around the glaring type disadvantages they have.​

Story

The story starts with you receiving a letter from the Lua Region Professor Board saying you are able to choose your Starter Pokemon from your areas professor. When you arrive at Professor Pine's Lab he gives you the choice of Oshawott, Tepig, and Snivy. This is also when you are introduced to your only rival Belle. Belle acts like May in the sense that she focuses on filling the Pokedex instead of worrying about challenging the Battle Frontier Facilities. During the main story, you encounter a group of people known as Team Discord, all you know is that they plan on using strange Pokemon with Purple Auras...

Features

-Gen 5 Battle System
-Save States, just like Rom hacks you can save up to 9 different states!
-Shadow Pokemon, new and old Shadow Pokemon return like XD001!
-7 Battle Frontiers with unique locations for the Facilities!
-Old Pokemon Have new types Like a Dragon Grass Serperior or a Fire Dark type Emboar

Screenshots

D2fKpfn.png

3Uscovu.png
m7OeG8Z.png

js4cBHn.png

Here are a few more, I'll be updating them once a week hopefully :)
Spoiler:

Screenshots from the 2.0 Update:

Spoiler:

Credits

Graphics
Main Tileset:
Kyle-Dove
Heavy-Metal-Lover
WesleyFG
Dewitty
Zetavares852
XDinky
Newtiteuf
Alucus
Erma96
Hydrargirium
Poison-Master
Thedeadheroalistair
Shutwig
Asdsimone
Xxdevil
Steinnaples
Hek-el-grande
sylver1984
NikNak93
TeaAddiction
Cuddlesthefatcat
Magiscarf
Gigatom
The-Red-eX
geoisevil
Thurpok
Neffertity
BoOmxBiG
ChaoticCherryCake
chimcharsfireworkd-for the main tilesets
Rayquaza-dot
rayd12smitty
redblueyellow-spriters resource
P-Sign, C lowcardruler, Maruno, Venom12, FL .- Pokemon Black and White Sprites
Kyledove, Saurave, rhevarhe_duh, ShinyLugia249, and POKEM4NlAC. - More Tiles

Music

Pokemon ORAS soundtrack
Pokemon XY soundtrack
Pokemon XD Gale of darkness soundtrack
Pokemon Platinum soundtrack
Pokemon BW & BW2 soundtracks

Scripts

Elite Battle System, UI graphics trainer sprites and Pokemon sprites Luka S.J.

Title Screen and all it's graphics Luka S.J.

Savestates-Shiny570

Heart Gold Soul Silver Evolution scene, Flying Animation, Stats Up/Down Animation Foot Prints in sand animation - KleinStudio

Special Thanks

Fakemon123- for logo and being a cool dude on relic castle
Game Freak- for making Pokemon
Maruno, Poccil, Flameguru-for making updating and managing Pokemon Essentials

Download Core Versions

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.0: https://mega.nz/#!7Ykw3bBJ!CPptI6t12_LUmz_3xEtOtUpJRglP_TqaQx0n3QX7JeM

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.1:
https://mega.nz/#!rB9T3J4Q!8v2Y1535szrlxjmihcyFZlY82iWNHE6pgDZQ4DQ1zAs

DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.0: https://mega.nz/#!rYdXBLYI!R4SFTIOsM3QyT-acJzMA4M72MrYySijQJC_d9kgpwyw

DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.1:
https://mega.nz/#!3cFmHDhA!GmhuJ4-4zXOcRS1PyFcw55X8mYjiRNtd7KEsGhH3mYY

DOWNLOAD 2.2:
https://mega.nz/#!DINw2JKI!tRl08rwSv-V-f980Rnr4y3Zc6x0cTxoowxrX8fHT81s

DOWNLOAD 2.3: https://mega.nz/#!qIN0gSxa!JxK2Fuac0mWnwjKWlqvaVEPhSue0yfkycRE0pbnznXQ

DOWNLOAD 2.4: https://mega.nz/#!TZcTFBZT!3PAFBNgmbgMFvzqm9NyjKG2GW_opoiZOfujMUxQRBIU

DOWNLOAD 2.5:
https://mega.nz/#!rVkVRRIJ!aNf_lte7ooCVVp1na05tvJ2bWq23NsW2TY8dxOAHKIg

DOWNLOAD 2.6:
https://mega.nz/#!iAM2yZ4J!IAmM6P_1ltALK9FP2Wi2ypW1ykM16nHybhbwPZIE6lo

2.6.1 Patch files:
https://mega.nz/#!eEtlxI6L!OR-yX9yQJU4WRiSwzMPriZGWOYzCKmLXgZlnU7MDlHM

replace the current RGSSAD file with the one found in the 2.6.1 folder
this just makes it so that you start with the right intro instead of starting in the lab

2.0 Changelog:

Spoiler:

2.6 Changelog:

New Animations from the Klienstudio scripts!
-Bird Flying down to pick up the player, footprints stat up and down animations
New UI curtosy of Aki from Relic Castle just to make the game feel it's from gen 5
-Male and Female trainers now have trainer backs
-Fixed the bug with the first rival battle, it's now optional. Yes the event is really rough and not very good, but I'm going to have that better when 3.0 drops
-Visual Rehaul!
New Sprites for: Belle, and Sara
Added New and properly sized Mugshots for every important fight in the game -The boss in the Cavern of Ordeals

UPDATES
So this section is mostly for updates on the development of the game
-1/13/16: Happy first update! So currently the state of the Game is very good, I recently overhauled a few things and the game is getting really close to releasing! I'm hoping for the first of February at the earliest, if it's not ready by then I will update you guys!

-1/16/16: Hey everyone I'm back again with another update, everything is still on track with the release on the first of February, the game is shaping up well, if everyone wants to follow the game more closely please check out the twitter over at https://twitter.com/Pokemon_Aria/ur...SIZE][/SIZE][/LEFT] [SIZE=6] [/SIZE][/CENTER]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jul 6, 2016
The tiles used look great in the first few screen shotz

Especialy the 4th screenshot it look great

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
Hello.I would like to report a bug.As soon as i try to start the encounter at the summit peak (Allen),the following error pops.
Script 'Interpreter'line 276:RuntimeError occurred.
Script error within event2,map15(Battle Summit Peak):
Exception:RuntimeError
Message: Section054:393:in 'load_bitmap'Failed to load the bitmap
Downloaded the version 1.1.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
Downloaded 1.1 and I keep getting this error while fighting Belle after getting my starter in the lab.

bkq4X4Y.png

Years
How far does the 1.1 demo go?

The demo goes to the second battle facility but it has about 3 and half hours of game!

Downloaded 1.1 and I keep getting this error while fighting Belle after getting my starter in the lab.

bkq4X4Y.png

Hello.I would like to report a bug.As soon as i try to start the encounter at the summit peak (Allen),the following error pops.
Script 'Interpreter'line 276:RuntimeError occurred.
Script error within event2,map15(Battle Summit Peak):
Exception:RuntimeError
Message: Section054:393:in 'load_bitmap'Failed to load the bitmap
Downloaded the version 1.1.

Sometimes Pokemon Essentials gives weird errors and since I'm not a programmer I don't really have a fix besides just making a new save file, I'm really sorry about this but I'm generally unhappy with version 1.0 and hoping 2.0 will fix a lot of the issues I have with it

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
Hello.I have to report a bug.When u start a new game,u have already a female character with a name given (not that i really mind) the real issue is that u are already in the second city with no pokemon
Spoiler:

Thanks in advance

Years
Hello.I have to report a bug.When u start a new game,u have already a female character with a name given (not that i really mind) the real issue is that u are already in the second city with no pokemon
Spoiler:

Thanks in advance

Thanks for reporting this I'm uploading a new version right now :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 29, 2022
i have the newest update and when i get the first battle with belle crashes the game with this error:

Script 'Interperter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 1, map 4 (Pine's Lab):
Exception RuntimeError
message Section054:393:in 'load_bitmap'Failed to load the bitmap
located at: Graphics/Transitions/vsBar1
***Full script:
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::PKMTRAINER, "Belle",_l("How could I have
lost?!?!"),false,1,false,0)
Interpreter:243:in'pbExecuteScript'
Elite Battle Entry Animations:85:in 'pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonTrainers:438:in 'pbTrainerBattle'
(eval):1:in'pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:794:in'eval'
Interpreter:794:in'command_111'
Interpreter:320:in'execute_command'
Interpreter:193:in'update'
Interpreter:106:in'loop'

Years
i have the newest update and when i get the first battle with belle crashes the game with this error:

Script 'Interperter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 1, map 4 (Pine's Lab):
Exception RuntimeError
message Section054:393:in 'load_bitmap'Failed to load the bitmap
located at: Graphics/Transitions/vsBar1
***Full script:
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::PKMTRAINER, "Belle",_l("How could I have
lost?!?!"),false,1,false,0)
Elite Battle Entry Animations:85:in 'pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonTrainers:438:in 'pbTrainerBattle'
(eval):1:in'pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:794:in'eval'
Interpreter:794:in'command_111'
Interpreter:320:in'execute_command'
Interpreter:193:in'update'
Interpreter:106:in'loop'

This error has come up before, but I don't know what causes it, my only advice is to start a new file and save before the first rival battle. I can't replicate the error on my own. Sorry for the inconviences

lollipop00

#Whatislife
Years
  • Age 25
  • TX
  • Seen Sep 2, 2016
This error has come up before, but I don't know what causes it, my only advice is to start a new file and save before the first rival battle. I can't replicate the error on my own. Sorry for the inconviences

I started a new save file 3 times already and it keeps giving me that same error where I cannot battle the rival. It seems like I cannot actually play this game and it looks really nice too. Oh well.

Years
Ok guys, I managed to replicate the bug on my own but I had to mess with files in the Dev build of the game. So version 2.5 should have the fix. If it doesn't work, I have no idea what could be causing it. As usual, you should download the new version to fix the bug!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
I'm sorry to say that the fix didn't work. I've been trying to play this game for a while now and I still get the script error when Belle tries to battle you at the lab. Was really looking forward to finally playing the game.

Years
I'm sorry to say that the fix didn't work. I've been trying to play this game for a while now and I still get the script error when Belle tries to battle you at the lab. Was really looking forward to finally playing the game.

I'm going to be uploading a data folder that you can replace the current data folder with. It changes the event so that it's an optional event. This bug has been a pain for a really long time, and hopefully nothing else goes wrong *crosses fingers*

Years
Again, I am deeply sorry for the issues with this bug, I do have a fix. If you download the data patch and replace the current data folder with the new one the event that bugs out is now optional. It's really rough because it's a hotfix but in 3.0 the event will be cleaner and fit better with the story

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
Hello.I would like to report an error. When i start the game,i get this error:
Script 'Title screen' Line17: NameError occured.
uninitialized constant PBSspecies
It's the version 2.6 with the replaced rgssad file.
Keep up the good work

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
I dont want to seem haughty.
I have not played it myself but from the screenshots
you posted the mapping needs work.
Everything is like angular.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 5, 2017
I'm gonna try this game ;)