• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Video Gamers Unite

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
I'm not a fan of the Wiimote, the Gamecube controller, or the N64 controller. I think they all feel tacky in my hands, just the layout of them physically - especially the Wiimote, which the whole motion thing isn't really a big hype to me to begin with. I'm more of a PSX/PS2 controller fan, I think, but I guess that doesn't count for all the Nintendo games since, yeah.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
thinking I was the only one who used the Wiimote with the Nunchuk, but apparently I was wrong! :D

Wait - I thought you had to use the Wiimote with the nunchuck for Brawl. Can you play without the nunchuck? That would just feel weird as hell to me lol

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
Years
Wait - I thought you had to use the Wiimote with the nunchuck for Brawl. Can you play without the nunchuck? That would just feel weird as hell to me lol

Oh yeah its what I used only for Brawl since the Nuncuck is awkward for me. I have a new Wii that sadly doesn't support the GC controller.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I've had some great times with my Wii even though I rarely use it now though. I plan to get Skyward Sword someday, though.

Twilight Princess was probably one of the most amazing games on the Wii, lol.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
Video Gamers club? Great!!

Username: DarkAlucard
Current Console of Choice: SNES ftw!!!
Favourite Game: It's hard to choose just one! The Castlevania´s saga, Ogre Battle 64 and World of Warcraft.
Mario or Luigi? Luigi for sure.

Now with the topic: What is the most fun game you have played?
I'll go with Megaman X for the SNES. It was just so much fun going through all the stages until you reach the final battle with Sigma, not to mention the emotions generated by X and Zero in the history.

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
Years
Wait what?
How does it not support it? When I had my Wii, that was the only thing I really used it for; GC games.​

The new model ofr wii like the Red,Blue and Black don't sadly. They cut it for some odd reason. I think itsl ike how they got rid of the GBA slot for the DSi and the DSiXL

Renyui!

ascender
Years
The new model ofr wii like the Red,Blue and Black don't sadly. They cut it for some odd reason. I think itsl ike how they got rid of the GBA slot for the DSi and the DSiXL

Whaaaaaaat, how on earth would you play your Smash Bros/Xenoblade/Other respected GC controller games!?

Years
Username: fiOWNya
Current Console of Choice: PC or XBox
Favourite Game: Fallout 3
Mario or Luigi? Luigi!

And the most fun game I've played? Recently, probably Fallout or Skyrim. I love exploring and making my own adventure. :)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Whaaaaaaat, how on earth would you play your Smash Bros/Xenoblade/Other respected GC controller games!?
Classic Controller, I'd imagine? Or do those use the same slots? (I have no idea, I never got one. xD)

I had no idea the new Wiis took out GCN controller support. :( That's really depressing.

PokeGirlBel

Avengers Assemble!
Years
Classic Controller, I'd imagine? Or do those use the same slots? (I have no idea, I never got one. xD)

I had no idea the new Wiis took out GCN controller support. :( That's really depressing.

Yeah I'm not sure about the classic controller. If it won't work either I'll just miss out on XenoBlade. Guess I can watch Let's Plays but tbh I feel there is a difference between playing it yourself and just watching it.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
*Feeling like playing Rule of Rose again, but doesn't have enough plug ins to plug up her game systems in the new apartment.*

Cherrim

Years
Aww man, not having enough outlets is the worst. D: We've got enough power outlets next to the TV (well, in the power bar XD) to make it work at my place but not enough inputs on the TV. We've got enough HDMI ports but only one component port so whenever we want to play Wii or PS2, we have to switch one for the other. :(
Yeah I'm not sure about the classic controller. If it won't work either I'll just miss out on XenoBlade. Guess I can watch Let's Plays but tbh I feel there is a difference between playing it yourself and just watching it.
Yeah, I watched part of an LP of XenoBlade and it seemed really boring... but now that it's been released in NA too, everyone says it's really good so I figure it has to be one of those games that's fun to play but not to watch. :P

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
What is the difference in quality for HDMI and component connection to the tv. I usually play my consoles from component cables but recently starting using HDMI on my new xbox and I really havent noticed a difference, is there one??

Also taking away GCN capability sounds like a way to make people spend more money.

Cherrim

Years
There shouldn't really be a difference--they're both HD except the HDMI cable carries sound in addition to video through the one cord. Easier to use, I guess. Otherwise, they both carry the same signals. (I believe one can be converted to the other and vice versa.)

Component isn't standard on the older consoles though--I had to buy specific cables to hook up the Wii/PS2 via component over composite. It usually makes them look crisper, though, which is nice. (With some games, though, it makes them look worse, which kinda sucks.)
A user on GBAtemp managed to reverse-engineer the Wii to the point that he re-added the GC slots to a newer Wii. Memory card slots and controller ports all work properly, and iirc GC discs also work on it still.
Yeaaah... I feel like I'd rather just dig out my old Gamecube and use that instead of going into the Wii and adding slots. XD; Or I'd just buy a used Wii.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Since the 30 days of gaming thread is over, I guess I'll join. ;)

Username: Icebloom
Current Console of Choice: PS2
Favorite Game: Mother (NES)
Mario or Luigi? With the games that gave a you choices between the two, I usually went with Luigi.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I feel pretty sad about the fact that I was never able to play the GC games. When the original GC console was released, I was too young to know about video games. So when I got the Wii I tried to find some GC games but I never could, because it seems like all retailers ditched those after the Wii was released.

I really wanted to play LoZ: Wind Waker :(

Back