• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Favorite Challenge III

Status
Not open for further replies.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
I've slowly been making my way through this challenge (sooo many distractions!), and finally here's my third update.
Spoiler:

The team so far:
Spoiler:
Approaching team member #5! ^-^

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
A-hem... I've completely spaced out on posting updates here. >_>; Such things may happen when you're too busy trying to survive, study and find a job. Anyhow.

Since last update I finished up going through Victory Road and went to train up some for the E4, since I'm playing on Challenge mode. Several hours later (not because it was tedious) I was ready for a match. I had stocked up on Moomoo Milks, and all kinds of restores since I felt like I needed to have 5 of each in my bag again.
Also I limited my grinding up to level 60, because over leveling is not fun.

Here's the team BEFORE the battles (because it looks so much neater).
There wasn't any change in movesets really, since I remembered EQ is at route 15 and that's a NOPE. Oh well...

Spoiler:

So how did it go?
I started with Marshal to get it out of the way. He's always been the "hardest" for me for some reason.

• Throh eventually fell to Absolem and Verde switching between Protect and Toxic at first and then just all out Coiled Giga Drain.
  • I kept Verde out for as long as I could with the stat raises and kept healing myself to even out the damage received from Sawk. Occasionally I dared to slap some sense into the game and Leaf Blade.
  • With Mienshao I changed to Lumiere to Confuse the little bouncy weasel and hope for the best half the time.
  • Lucario fell to Absolem's Bulldoze after a few rounds of Protect stalling.
  • Finally Conkeldurr - Don't know where I should've started with this thing. I risked switching to Lumiere for a Confuse Ray and then change to Jiyan to avoid possible Stone Edge (game and it's hax-accurancy).
After all that I just sighed because it was over, the rest of the E4 feel much easier to me.
I went to read books with Sauntal next.

• I've never liked Cofagrigus. The ability it has sort of has it's uses, but to put simply I just dump them to the PC. But now... I sent in Verde, Coiled a few times and hit with Leaf Blade to get Mummy. (Because obviously I don't hack so my serperior doesn't have contrary.) Then I finished it off after a few rounds.
  • Suddenly Golurk! O_O muehehee... I hit it with my Mummy ability to pass it along and nullify the Iron Fist boost it would get before switching out to Shuyin to more or less just spam Seed Bomb and re-gain the Mummy.
  • Just my luck obviously that she would send in Drifblim (with acrobatics) next. I wasn't too worried. I was faster than it, so I prayed for a ThunderPunch crit. Which I got, but it wasn't enough. ;_; I had to go avenge with Jiyan's Psycho Cut (and also get back the Mummy again...what?)
  • Finally she sends out her Chandelure, which I instantly hit to pass the Mummy along to and hope for the best. The Psychic it has hit's still fairly hard and I have to switch out to my own one, Lumiere, so we have a Shadow Ball showdown. o-o
  • Banette falls over sort of disappointingly easily, but hey... E4 is E4

After that I saved and won't probably have time to finish up just yet.
But hey... here's an update. =)

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
I've started only today!
Here's my Journal of Events
Spoiler:

UPDATES!!!
Spoiler:

Current Team Statistics
I have 2 Genderless Pokemon on my Team. Dante is Male and Leafa is Female

Team as of now
462.gif
Magneto the Magnezone
Lvl. 32 (EXP Share) Magnet Pull /Calm
Mirror Shot/Metal Sound/Volt Switch/SonicBoom

391.gif
Dante the Monferno
Lvl. 33 (Charcoal) Blaze /Brave
Double Kick/Blaze Kick/Fire Punch/Mach Punch

474.gif
Porygon - Z
Lvl. 31 (no item) Download /Bashful
Conversion 2/Tackle/Signal Beam/Psybeam

542.gif
Leafa the Leavanny
Lvl. 33 (no item) Swarm /Naive
Protect/String Shot/Bug Bite/Razor Leaf

Here's my Favorite List btw.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hey guys! I'm probably making this update waaay too soon, but with all the buzz about XY, I figure I might as well mention a few things. I'm going to spoiler it, in case anyone is avoiding gen VI spoilers (and believe me, I totally understand!). So read at your own risk! A spoiler-less summary will be provided after, though it's not really spoilery.

Spoiler:

Non-spoilery version: I will be making an XY Favorite Challenge on the first of December and this thread will remain until then.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Favorites Challenge: Black Version 2
7/8

Okay, I finally made it to Drayden. I also finally got Kabutops evolved, so that's pretty sweet. My team only has one NFE at this point, which is Deino (Hnnnnnnnng), but soon it will evolve into Zweilous, so thank god for that! Overall, Drayden was not hard at all. I only lost Deino because of an accident on my part. I'm trying to plow through the rest of this challenge, so expect to see my 8th badge soon.

Team:
Spoiler:

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Fourth update, and like Necrum before me, this one is also a seventh badge update.
Spoiler:

The team so far:
Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Favorites Challenge: Black Version 2
8/8

I basically went straight to the last gym, lol. I'm pretty sure I'll have no problem being strong enough to fight the E4 when I get there.

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2014
so i had a challenge going in feb. but my save file got lost in feb i was past skyla D: i'd like to restart please

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
so i had a challenge going in feb. but my save file got lost in feb i was past skyla D: i'd like to restart please

Sorry to hear that! Take Fire, Ice, Normal, Dragon, Bug, and Ground for this one.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I've heard they're pretty good! Anyway, I'll give you Ice, Normal, Steel, Electric, Water, and Dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back