• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn Remake or Kanto Remake?

Which would you prefer?

• Hoenn Remake

Votes: 138 92.6%
  • Kanto Remake

Votes: 11 7.4%

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years

kanto1.jpg

With both Hoenn and Kanto (Re-release) coming out around the same time, people could argue why both are in need of a remake but that's not what I'm talking about.
Which would you prefer to see remade, Hoenn or Kanto? Assuming that they were on the 3DS you could imagine that both would look spectacular in their own way. Note that this is not a thread to discuss RSE/FRLG remakes, just a general poll of which you would prefer in terms of graphics etc.​

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Hoenn should get its spotlight. Kanto is in almost every generation, so it's a bit too much. I don't think that they would do that since it's been in GSC, R/B/Y/G, HG/SS and its remake: FireRed and LeafGreen. Hoenn is only at the 3rd Gen which is barely sponsored at the others, so they should remake it and add enhanced qualities of it. The graphics could look good when we see that big building where the player is in the Devon Company or the boat as well. Also the sea, since of how vast it is.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Hoenn. The landscape of Hoenn was far more superior than Kanto. And getting to see Hoenn in a 3D-ish.. kind of perspective would be just amazing to see.

We saw what they made with Johto with the gen IV graphics, now just imagine Hoenn with the Gen V graphics. It would be mind blowing.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm getting quite tired of Kanto. And naturally, Hoenn has not had nearly enough attention and pampering compared to Kanto, so I think it's only time that it's brought into the spotlight. Also, I've never gotten to play any of the game situated in Hoenn much, so for me, I'd definitely love to see Hoenn get remade so I can experience a new journey.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I would say Hoenn, but I would buy both lol I didn't play the Kanto Remakes, so really the last game centered in Kanto would be Yellow..

But I still think Hoenn would be the way to go. I would love to see that

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I'd really hate to see another game with Kanto. That being said, if they actually made a Kanto remake, I'd still buy it. ;P

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I REALLY hated all the tedious surfing in Hoenn, but I'd like to see what justice the Gen V graphics would bring to it.

The only reason I would be for a Kanto remake is the Sevii Islands

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I would rather Kanto doing it. Its a new frontier why not start with the region that started it all. Get its full story into the 3D environment and give it 3D CG videos like how HG/SS/B/W/B2/W2 had them. Then release Hoenn remakes after testing since Hoenn wasn't as popular a series due to it being on a mildly bad system.

Only reason Hoenn sold bad was cause of the GBA. SP started to save sales, but not well enough.

Cinnabar

Fenniken is godly.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Call me a criminal, but I'd love to see a Kanto remake. Nothing against Hoenn, but I just really didn't find it very... Standout-ish, aside from the torturous amounts of water routes, it wasn't very special to me. And plus, I think that it'd only be fitting that Kanto see's the first 3DS Pokemon RPG title.

Turboblaze

Blazing Aura
Years
I'd love to see a gen 5 or 6 Kanto on the DS but I think Hoenn should definitely come first. Sure 3rd gen wasn't the greatest but I think with all the new mechanics that have been introduced in recent games, Hoenn remakes could be way better than they originally were.

Years
The only way that I'd want to see another Kanto-based game before a Hoenn remake would be if it was placed many years after the events of the originals (and remakes). Considering HG/SS (with Kanto) was released internationally in 2010 compared to nearly eight years for Emerald, I think that Hoenn is long overdue.

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
I want a Hoenn Remake. I'm soooo tired of Kanto. Too much Kanto remakes. Hoenn deserves to be beautiful. And I don't really care about the water. Hoenn is a tropical region and I live on a freakin island :3 If Hoenn gets a remake I'm sure it'll be 75% more popular then it is now. The only reason it looked ugly was because it was Gamefreak's first games on GBA. Hence why Firered/Leafgreen Looks better.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I wouldn't mind either, because thinking of Kanto in new graphics gets me a bit excited, but there is no question that Hoenn would be more appreciated. Maybe they'll combine them for FIRE RUBY or something.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I have to say, please no Kanto. We've had enough Kanto for quite a while and Im hoping we wont see another Kanto game or Kanto featured in any way until the 20th anniversery of Pokemon. Hoenn needs more exposure, I think Ruby and Sapphire need to be remade next. Im not opposed to a Kanto game on the 3DS but Ruby and Sapphire needs to be first.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Let's see the possible benefits for both region remakes: physical/special split from Gen IV, cross-gen evolutions from Gen II and IV (and possibly Gen VI) added to the dex, unlimited use of TMs from Gen V, return of Voltorb Flip from HG/SS, retweaked gym leader/Elite Four roster, and revamped post-game features. Sadly, I see Kanto remakes making more sense because the story issues for the R/S remakes, since Emerald is considered to be the true story of Gen III. Plus, who is going to be the champion in the remakes: Steven or Wallace? Will Juan return?

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
If I'm restricted to choosing just one, then Hoenn, since Hoenn hasn't had another chance to shine yet. However, I would much prefer to have both a Hoenn remake (say Emerald) and a Kanto remake (say a combination of FR and LG) and have them released together as Gen III remakes. So then, not only do we get some awesome remakes, we also get a paired games that are entirely different.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
We've seen a Kanto remake twice already. It's only fair in my opinion to see a Hoenn remake and I would love to see one as well, but they add more things to it just like what they did in Kanto for LeafGreen and FireRed.

:t354:TG

Back