• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New battle style game-play?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
In generation 5, we've been introduced to Rotation, and Triple battles. Do you think or hope that more battle styles will be in Gen 6? If so, what do you hope those new battle styles will be like?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't think anything else will come about really. I think the styles we already have are enough, and if you wanna be technical, there are TONS of styles if you count each Battle Facility gimmick as a style. I certainly would. So if there's some kind of Battle Frontier sort of thing with gimmicked battles like in the past, then that's enough styles being introduced.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
No thank you. Too many styles of battling exist, and I don't think you can implement anything new without making it overly complex.

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
New battling styles have only come every other generation. We'll probably have to wait for Gen 7 for a new battling style. (6 vs 6?)

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I hated Rotation and Triple battles so I definitely hope the keep it simple sweet by not implementing more.

I second this. We have way too many battle methods that it's getting kinda annoying. And yeah, Triple/Rotation battles really sucked u_u

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeaahh I don't want new battling styles. I'm fine with what we already have (and even competitively there should be more interest in what we have lol).

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I liek triple battles, but I didn't like rotation. I really hope that GameFreak does not implement a new battle style.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I don't get the hate for triple and rotation battles, I honestly don't mind them, just like I never minded double battles.
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Gym leaders with their own specific Battle styles.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Sigh, I wouldnt mind new battle styles at all as long as they wernt mandatory at some point in-game. All those who do could just avoid them I guess

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Eh, it's probably not going to change much this gen, but I would like to see more battle-style game play being used for gym leaders. Maybe something like 2 v 2 rotation battles? Although.. that'd be complicated. xD

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I would much prefer to just see the battle styles from previous generations. 'Cause there's already rotational battles as well as triple battles introduced in Pokémon Black/White.

But if I could think of any, maybe having a battle where you and the opponent send out a random Pokémon and then you attack and then you call back the Pokémon and have to send out another random one from your team and the opponent sending out a random one from their own team. I call it... a Randomized Battle.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
All I am really hoping for is co-op multiplayer with double battles. Other than that, it's all good Ninty.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I hope not. I'm not a big fan of Triple / Rotational Battles. I felt like they were pushing it at that point. If we're to follow any sort of existing pattern, then it's likely we're not going to be introduced to any new battling styles. Frankly, I kind of hope Triple / Rotational Battles is as far as it goes in terms of how many Pokémon we can have out on the field at the same time. Any more than that and things just become to clutters and too complex.

New battling styles have only come every other generation. We'll probably have to wait for Gen 7 for a new battling style. (6 vs 6?)
6 vs 6? But we haven't even gotten to 4 vs 4 yet. :p

I would much prefer to just see the battle styles from previous generations. 'Cause there's already rotational battles as well as triple battles introduced in Pokémon Black/White.

But if I could think of any, maybe having a battle where you and the opponent send out a random Pokémon and then you attack and then you call back the Pokémon and have to send out another random one from your team and the opponent sending out a random one from their own team. I call it... a Randomized Battle.
That just sounds extremely... tedious. D:

Back