• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
<p>Thank you Ash.</p><p>The hack is great though the repeating dialogues are annoying. One more thing, I found a glitch/bug in the game. After defeating Lucas in Seanport City, I am stucked inside. What can I do now? I don't wanna start over.. T_T</p>

Thank you Ash. By the way I found a glitch/bug in the game. After defeating gym leader Lucas, I am stuck inside the gym as the first bridge is half open/closed. Is their a way to clear it as I don't wanna start over. T_T

Here is the Facebook link to the screenshot of the above mentioned bug.
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=368497276612752&id=100003574489732&set=a.115659151896567.12003.100003574489732&refid=7&_ft_=qid.5916942026185688073%3Amf_story_key.7844400487338727389
if there is a way then please reply fast. O.O

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 30, 2013
having an issue in groment museum. can't access mines because I'm told to go to museum, but I did everything there. team steam is still in the building though. fix?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Thank you Ash. By the way I found a glitch/bug in the game. After defeating gym leader Lucas, I am stuck inside the gym as the first bridge is half open/closed. Is their a way to clear it as I don't wanna start over. T_T

if there is a way then please reply fast. O.O
Use Ruby's Gameshark code for walking through walls. There is a video on that here. The description gives that code. I can help with entering into VBA if you use that and need the help.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
Hopefully someone can help me with this. Basically I am stuck in Groment City because I can't get into the museum, the gym, or the mines. I watched walkthroughs on youtube to find that you get the museum ticket from the guy blocking the gym, but I don't. I tried a walkthrough walls cheat but even that didn't help because when I was in the museum I fought everyone and then at the end of it I am not able to talk to the people at the end. Same in mt. zhery, once I get to the end I cant talk to the two people batteling with a steelix and a metang. Which is where I get surf. It may be because I switched the save state because I plaed an outdated version and switched to the full version but I really want to continue with the game. Anyone have any advice or is it over for me here :/

Team

Gyarados lv 50
Pupitar lv 48
Raichu Lv 46
Ninetails Lv49
Lucario Lv 43
Toarkoal Hm slave

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
Thanks Cyclone. But I am playing the game in my Windows Mobile. Btw, a save state saved me there though I had to let all me pokemons faint intentionally. :/
Now I am in Serenity town. Btw, does anyone know where to find Ditto?

I mean that I cannot use cheats here in my emulator. :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 30, 2013
gather every info you need to do, you might need to do something first.
that's just it, I defeated everybody, I try to talk to the people at the regeneration machine and nothing happens. nobody will leave, I'm stuck story wise

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
Found another typo at the end of National Park. It's the girl trainer that player battles last before leaving National Park.
Also 100th time, I wonder how to obtain Electrivire?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
Im not advanced too much on this game, but , it flashes me with a fantastic history, god tiles, god pokemons sprites, however, PLP dont convince me only for one thing, is ruby base... this hack on a emerald or fr/lg will be a Beast!!

Only can i say, the best hack rom ivd playd , without end game, sound stpd , but is real, is PLP, second, flora sky!! ^^

Congrats.!! U all are amazing!!

Years
Im not advanced too much on this game, but , it flashes me with a fantastic history, god tiles, god pokemons sprites, however, PLP dont convince me only for one thing, is ruby base... this hack on a emerald or fr/lg will be a Beast!!
Only can i say, the best hack rom ivd playd , without end game, sound stpd , but is real, is PLP, second, flora sky!! ^^
Congrats.!! U all are amazing!!

Pokemon Light Platinum actually has a post-game. After beating the Zhery League, you can start the Lauren League(basically a whole new region). After that is the World Championship and there is also catching all the legendary pokemon(guide here :http://wesleyfg.weebly.com/legendary-pokeacutemon.html). Light Platinum is too advanced to be made in something like Pokemon Emerald or Fire Red. It would take a lot of effort and time, and wouldn't really be worth the trouble.

Found another typo at the end of National Park. It's the girl trainer that player battles last before leaving National Park.

You can obtain elekid(the baby evolution of electrivire) on the side of the Professor's laboratory. I know that electabuzz evolves into electrivire at level 40. When it evolves, the resulting elevtrivire will be at level 37. I don't think its stats go down though. Look at this video here(skip to about 8:40) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLRVwmFWdRM&list=PL89A831B6561100AA&index=20

Also, for anyone looking for good walkthroughs of the game look here :
Tyranee's Let's Play : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA8C8D6B638861B3C
MunchingOrange's Let's Play : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL89A831B6561100AA
PokeCinema's Let's Play : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkzlVxz4e30bk7l8oPfwbjSjK_h_YbU8x
TheWileChase's Let's Play : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8B7424AEC87502D7

All of these Let's Play go through the entire game, including the Lauren Region(except for PokeCinema, he has only started the Lauren Region). TheWileChase's also shows the World Championship and MunchingOrange's shows how to get all the legendary pokemon(except he missed a couple, use the link above for a written guide on the legendaries).

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
Oh, so it's level 40 then, thanks. I should look into those walkthroughts if I ever need.

Also, for some reason fishing seems pretty broken in this game. Even though I push A button right on time, pokemon ever rarely gets on the hook. This can be frustrating and annoying sometimes.

Edit: I wonder if it is really possible for your pokemon to catch Pokerus in Guardian Tower in Dardusk City? And is there any way to check if your pokemon has pokerus or not in game?
And is there a Macho Brace somewhere in this hack? Where is it?

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
And for the 100th time, someone answered with level 40... you should seriously read before asking the same question 100 times.

PLP dont convince me only for one thing, is ruby base... this hack on a emerald or fr/lg will be a Beast!!
Dunno what you don't like on Ruby base but Ruby base offer the same quality as the Fire Red one.

You can obtain elekid(the baby evolution of electrivire) on the side of the Professor's laboratory. I know that electabuzz evolves into electrivire at level 40. When it evolves, the resulting elevtrivire will be at level 37. I don't think its stats go down though.
That ought to have been fixed in Snake's final version...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 30, 2013
not trying to be a dick, but does anybody have a fix for my issue being stuck in groment museum? I can't progress in the story. team steam never left the museum after beating them, therefore I can't get into the mines

Years
  • Age 39
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
Yikes. Ive downloaded this game but I get stuck at the Developers screen after hitting start at the start menu. Anyone know how to get past it?

Edit: This is for Light Platinum game. Weasly game that is.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yikes. Ive downloaded this game but I get stuck at the Developers screen after hitting start at the start menu. Anyone know how to get past it?

Edit: This is for Light Platinum game. Weasly game that is.
Download different ROM and patch anew.

not trying to be a dick, but does anybody have a fix for my issue being stuck in groment museum? I can't progress in the story. team steam never left the museum after beating them, therefore I can't get into the mines
Try to remove them with Advanced Map.

no trying to be a pain but gold will not turn around? what do i do!
Continue? Does he block you or something?

Years
Don't worry some people are seeing on this hack and hopefully they will fix this in future

Back