< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Create & Discover > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials Question Game freeze at all events

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Reply Post Reply
Old August 28th, 2013 (2:56 PM).
Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Silver Tier
Nature: Timid
So I purchased a laptop over the weekend and moved all my game files over and tested my game and after the intro whenever I talk to an event (other than a warp event) it freezes. The events themselves are fine but I think it's my comp. It's a 64 bit. Any help would be appreciated.

"The Incredibly Pretty Girl"

Gym Leader Whitney
link | link | link

FC: 4699-7156-4669 IGN: Gavin
Old August 28th, 2013 (8:42 PM).
A 64-bit often gives different reactions on different programs compared to a 32-bit. I'm currently working on my laptop, which is 32-bit. But when I get home after a few months (I'm in Australia working on my internship), I would like to work on my desktop again, which, you guessed it, is 64-bit. I have only used p/k Essentials on my laptop so far, so I'm interested in whether the 64-bit is indeed the problem. I'll keep a close eye on this thread.
Old August 29th, 2013 (5:00 AM).
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
I use Windows 7 x64, so 64-bit isn't the problem. You may need to do some compatibility stuff, though - I don't remember because I would have done it so long ago.
Old September 1st, 2013 (4:15 AM).
Pokémon Island Creator
Go into Properties, in the Compatibility section put at the Run in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP.
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links