• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Mirage Of Tales: The Ages Of Faith [ ALL PROLOGUES RELEASED ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Thank you! As far as plans go, this will be a fakemon-free game.

Okay, I've come to get some general opinions on something I don't know about, as usual =P. So, I have no personal religious beliefs, and neither do most of my family/friends sadly. The thing is, I'm looking for a word to use to describe the kind of "places of worship" each of the religions has for their (fictional) gods. Using "temple" for now but it doesnt sound "religious" enough if that makes sense. I was considering using the words "church" or "mosque" (preferably the latter).

What I want to know is, would that be... okay? According to dictionaries they are words for places of worship, but for some reason i feel unsure about using them in this kind of context. Since I come from a fairly athiest background I don't know if this would be deemed offensive or not, and the last thing I want to do is offend people. [plz educate me lol]

I can suggest one
THE DOME OF HOLINESS!
It is a picturesque name!Also it conveys what you want to tell!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback! I still haven't had much free time lately to work on my hacks, but thought i would drop in and post some updates on what's new.

hx20ev.png
15fq0ax.png

First up, here's a little sneak preview screenshot of a new feature I'm making. It's called the Strategy Map in-game, and you'll be using it a lot in the council chambers. You can move the cursor around to view the different countries, and select icons to learn some little things more about that place and its people. It will be very important in making in-game decisions, such as choosing where to travel to and who to talk terms with! It's by no means finished, so it will get bigger as time goes on. At the moment, the only countries you can see are the Havabora area, Central/Eastern Avlar and Izantine (Prince Evandor's homeland/ANAD Ekaruba Island).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 24, 2016
Avara let me tell u something, btw this is my first time here on pokecommunity but you probably won't believe me but I just started playing the first MOT last sunday. I at first HATED the idea of azradon being a thing but I soon grown to love it. I for one don't like a whole pokemon hack being made of fakemon but since there was only one I loved it! I was deeply sad that when I finished it on Friday. I was deeply saddened when I realized that the visa wasn't a real thing and I tried to look for any other pokemon hack that could match the enjoyment I had in MOT. The thing im trying to say is that im sad that there will be no fakemon in this but hey as long as there is another MOT im not complaining!

Years
If it's just half as good as your previous hack, it's going to be amazing!

Edit: Saw you were looking for a religous place name, what about Ashram since you're going into the Arabic theme?
Maybe something diffrent from the usual Church and Mosque for temple names.

Last edited:
Years
The map system seems really cool. It's always nice to see something brand new in hacks. It always gives them a little bit of extra spice.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hi, everyone, sorry for the lame update - I know a video would have been better, but for now screenshots are all I can use to demonstrate what this does. Thanks to Darthatron and FBI Agent for the ASM that made this possible!

2ekk8yb.png
2vn1imf.png
2qjhl3l.png
11azo5l.png

Introducing the brand new custom item exclusive to AOF, the Extension! This item allows you to carry up to twelve Pokemon with you at a time instead of six; allowing you to switch between two parties. It can be used with the Select button for maximum convenience. Note that you will still lose a battle if 6 of your Pokemon faint/all of one team faints, but since healing places are few and far between I thought this would be an extremely useful feature; not to mention the fact that PCs, Pokeballs and the Pokedex do not exist in this time setting.

~ I'll probably add more to this comment later ~

Last edited:
Years
that... is... incredible...

Just curious. Will we be able to switch Pokemon between the two? And how do you think this will effect some level gaps? It has to be tougher training twice the amount of Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
that... is... incredible...

Just curious. Will we be able to switch Pokemon between the two? And how do you think this will effect some level gaps? It has to be tougher training twice the amount of Pokemon.

I'm trying to work on making sure you're able to switch between the two, I just have to set aside a couple of hours to figure out the scripting and then hopefully we should be good to go on that front! =) It will definitely be tougher to train two parties. However, the Extension item will be unlockable at a certain point, like when you already have a decent party of six and a few more in the "second" party. At the point in the game where you can really use it =P

Espeonage

Ninja Espeon
Years
The Pokemon universe has always had the potential for branching in the rpg genre and by the looks of it, this seems like it will be a perfect example of how the skeleton can be used to create a very different experience. I look forward to this more than anything unless Pokemon Identity was announced to be resumed.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
1 team for battleing, other team for HM slaves and 'rare/special' pokemon. :P

True! You can use your second party however you want, but since there are no HMs you won't be needing any pesky HM slaves =D

--------------------------------------------

Just adding some more info about the status changes I have made to Evandor and Zhafira's starter Pokemon, a level 35 Bastiodon or Noivern. Also changes I have made to Pokemon in general - if you are someone who absolutely cant stand altered Pokemon in hacks, this won't be up your street.

STATS:

Noivern's stats are unchanged, but I increased Bastiodon's base stats to 535 to match Noivern's to make it fair. The stats I improved were Speed, Sp. Atk, HP and Attack, because I felt improving its already high other stats would be a bit pointless.

MOVEPOOLS:

I have changed Bastiodon's learning of Swagger from l24 until later. This is because getting it at l35 would mean the only damage-dealing move you would have would be Ancientpower, which wouldn't be great - taking away the early Swagger means that you at least get Take Down too. And since I can't add Heavy Slam, I gave Bastiodon Body Slam at level 58. Since I don't know what level Bulbapedia's "Start" means (surely not level 1?), I also added Protect at l47.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
For a fully evolved Pokemon, "start" on bulbapedia means the move can be relearned at any level. Bastiodon can't be level 1 but if it was it would know protect at level one. Hope this makes sense.

Years
Yes. Basically, if you somehow hatched Bastidon from an egg, and have it at level 1 instead of level 5, it would have those moves. If you were to go to a move relearner, it could learn those moves.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Not sure why I haven't posted here, this hack is beautiful. Conceptually unbound, aesthetically nice, and it has some good ideas. I played the original Mirage of Tales back when that was in progress and I can see no quality has been lost in the transition. Keep it up!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Good morning everyone! Bit of bad news, so yesterday I spent some time getting all the 4thGen+ Pokemon sprites inserted and data edited in G3HS... Tested last night and the rom cut to a black screen. Thank god for backups lol. It's most likely me having done something wrong rather than the actual tool itself, but I won't get another day off of work until Sunday so won't be able to try again till then! Thought I may as well post a list of the Pokemon I planned to add, in case anyone has any suggestions for additions of Pokemon that could fit in with the general theme of the hack.

Hippopotas line
Axew line
Gible line
Tirtouga line
Archeops line
Shieldon line
Cranidos line
Sigilyph
Carbink
Amaura line
Tyrunt line
Druddigon
Goomy line
Skrelp line
Bergmite line
Mamoswine

P.S. Thanks for clearing up the confusion earlier with the "Start" moves! =P

Years
I think you should add the gothita, deino, fletchling lines..especially the deino line.. I love druddigon!!

Years
I think you should add the gothita, deino, fletchling lines..especially the deino line.. I love druddigon!!

The deino line is Deino --> Zweilous --> Hydreigon right? So what does that have to do with Druddigon? Or am i missing something here? xD
But including the Deino line would be great since Hydreigon is for sure one of my favorite pokemon!

Btw, if you're also taking legendary's into account, adding Darkrai would make my day. :$

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
The deino line is Deino --> Zweilous --> Hydreigon right? So what does that have to do with Druddigon? Or am i missing something here? xD
But including the Deino line would be great since Hydreigon is for sure one of my favorite pokemon!

Btw, if you're also taking legendary's into account, adding Darkrai would make my day. :$

I think he/she is happy that Avara is adding Druddigon to the game. Is there someway you can add Shaymin to the game, love that cutie sooo much.

Years
But including the Deino line would be great since Hydreigon is for sure one of my favorite pokemon! :$

I just messed it up.. :P I meant Hydreigon but I wrote Druddigon..:P {XD} {XD}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back