Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old September 3rd, 2014, 05:13 PM
BigJB20
JamesB

Nature: Relaxed
its a great hack im really injoying it thanks
Old September 5th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Erenussocrates

Hi, I hope it's okay to give some critism and reviews. First of all, it is a great hack, the best one I've ever seen among both GBA and DS hacks I've played so far (at least that's my opinion).
But still, there are a few bugs as it seems. Some of the 580 base stat legendaries do spawn on their respective spots even way before I had talked with the veteran in humilau city pokemon center. Those are Tornadus, Thundurus, AND Landorus, to be precise. And when I talked to the veteran in humilau city, those legendaries which I caught also respawned on their spots as well, even though I've battled them and caught them before. It's possible to catch two of each of those legendaries. And yet, also Meleotta and Darkrai were also on their spots even before I had unlocked their events. I didn't check them if they had respawned yet too, but I can inform you of that if you wish so. So in short, I was able to form a party half consisted of strong legendaries halfway through the game, but still no big deal, it was challenging.
Oh, and this is not a bug, but some guides that come together with the download has some quirks. Some of the documents, (like Wild List) uses japanese names of the locations instead of english ones, so it can become a bit confusing. Just informing here.

I still didn't even finish the game, I'm on victory road. Damn, this hack made me realize that Gamefreak really has to put an end to their old HM traditions. It's nonsense. I have to take 3 pokemon from my main party, and take 3 dummy HM pokemons from PC in order to be able to traverse in victory road, which makes everything arduous.

Edit: Yeah, as I thought, Meleotta was also respawned in musical theater, after talking to the veteran in giant chasm. And I guess Darkrai will also respawn after battling Cresselia post-game. Oh, and forgot to mention, I also saw Shaymin without triggering the event, and shaymin also had respawned. Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Meleotta, Darkrai, Shaymin, those are the pokemon which respawns regardless if the event was triggered or not. Other legendaries I saw until now were fine.

Edit2: There might be some problems with some double battles. The psychic twins at the end of humilau city, sometimes gothitelle casts offensive moves on it's own ally. I don't remember if I've encountered a similar case before......................

Last edited by Erenussocrates; September 5th, 2014 at 08:30 AM. Reason: additional information
Old September 6th, 2014, 11:20 AM
runesmithy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshi55 View Post
Which game are you playing?
Sorry... I figured out what went wrong... I'm an idiot!
Old September 15th, 2014, 11:17 AM
emelian65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erenussocrates View Post
Hi, I hope it's okay to give some critism and reviews. First of all, it is a great hack, the best one I've ever seen among both GBA and DS hacks I've played so far (at least that's my opinion).
But still, there are a few bugs as it seems. Some of the 580 base stat legendaries do spawn on their respective spots even way before I had talked with the veteran in humilau city pokemon center. Those are Tornadus, Thundurus, AND Landorus, to be precise. And when I talked to the veteran in humilau city, those legendaries which I caught also respawned on their spots as well, even though I've battled them and caught them before. It's possible to catch two of each of those legendaries. And yet, also Meleotta and Darkrai were also on their spots even before I had unlocked their events. I didn't check them if they had respawned yet too, but I can inform you of that if you wish so. So in short, I was able to form a party half consisted of strong legendaries halfway through the game, but still no big deal, it was challenging.
Oh, and this is not a bug, but some guides that come together with the download has some quirks. Some of the documents, (like Wild List) uses japanese names of the locations instead of english ones, so it can become a bit confusing. Just informing here.

I still didn't even finish the game, I'm on victory road. Damn, this hack made me realize that Gamefreak really has to put an end to their old HM traditions. It's nonsense. I have to take 3 pokemon from my main party, and take 3 dummy HM pokemons from PC in order to be able to traverse in victory road, which makes everything arduous.

Edit: Yeah, as I thought, Meleotta was also respawned in musical theater, after talking to the veteran in giant chasm. And I guess Darkrai will also respawn after battling Cresselia post-game. Oh, and forgot to mention, I also saw Shaymin without triggering the event, and shaymin also had respawned. Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Meleotta, Darkrai, Shaymin, those are the pokemon which respawns regardless if the event was triggered or not. Other legendaries I saw until now were fine.

Edit2: There might be some problems with some double battles. The psychic twins at the end of humilau city, sometimes gothitelle casts offensive moves on it's own ally. I don't remember if I've encountered a similar case before......................
Sadly Drayano hasn't come around the forum for a LONG time, so even thougth they are good critics it will be strange for him to read them.
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 08:38 AM
H3dgehog

Help with the 3rd (Castelia City) Gym?

My team right now is:
Magnemite lvl 27
Growlithe lvl 27
Servine lvl 26
Luxio lvl 28
Lucario lvl 27
Charmeleon lvl 23

But I can never beat it (have tried a lot)

Tips?
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 06:49 AM
Erenussocrates

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3dgehog View Post
Help with the 3rd (Castelia City) Gym?

My team right now is:
Magnemite lvl 27
Growlithe lvl 27
Servine lvl 26
Luxio lvl 28
Lucario lvl 27
Charmeleon lvl 23

But I can never beat it (have tried a lot)

Tips?
Don't hesitate to use electric type against bug / flying dual types. His pokemon did have flying attacks too, so it really was a devastation for my pignite. It would be cool if you had a flying type, but his crustle can counter that though. Actually you should be able to beat him more easily since you have two fire types (even though it's not advised to keep same types in one team)
I think you should train/grind a bit. The difficulty curve is raised quite a bit. Re-travel the routes you've gone through, and fill your pokedex, catch the pokemon you wanna catch, and let your team battle with the pokemon that you don't wanna catch. That should train your pokemon. I wanted a level 16 gastly in castelia sewers, and my pokemon were level 30 until I succeeded in that. You can beat him easily that way...
Battle with game freak company everyday, take royal unova in evenings everyday.. That should give a good money boost too.
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 01:36 PM
Drimer
Admón

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Drimer
Sometimes the game freezes and i can't continue playing.
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 07:00 PM
Erenussocrates

This hack has serious flag problems, rayquaza, latias and latios are not appearing in their respective places even though I triggered all the requirements, I triggered every single legendary trigger-veterans in the game, including the one in clay tunnel who gives the keys. Except rayquaza, latias and latios, I caught every single legendary (except arceus, I will do that one last), but now those 3 are not appearing in their respective places at dragonspiral tower. I had been able to capture tornadus, thundurus, meloetta and darkrai without triggering their requirements anyways, and when I talked with the veterans in humilau city and giant chasm, those pokemons I previously captured got second spawns in their respective places, creating dublicates of legendaries. And the veteran who was supposed to appear after I fought the first kyurem, was already there in his spot before I had fought kyurem at all, so I was able to see and capture the other legendaries before fighting kyurem as well...... Somehow, I've seen a lot of legendary duplicates, but those rayquaza, latias, and latios are not appearing whatever I tried... This is so frustrating and game breaking for me. Are there any way to make those veterans in humilau and giant chasm reappear? To try a second chance to spawn all the legendaries, so maybe latias, latios and rayquaza could spawn this time as well? Or, do those legendaries have a different trigger, contrary to what the document states? I did everything the document said...... Someone please help me, I invested more than 200 hours into this one game.
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 08:03 PM
Erenussocrates

Yeah, I solved my problem using the action replay code provided on 7th page... Still, I wish that I didn't have to resort to action replay codes, and wish it was bugfree.. All legendaries on world got respawned once again, lols.

I wonder where to find Genesect's drives?

Last edited by Erenussocrates; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:49 AM.
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 03:31 AM
Typhlosionn
Blazing Fury

Nature: Relaxed
Where can I find Torchic?
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 09:49 AM
Thernos

Alright, so I'm trying to do a Blaze Black 2 Egglocke (Original, no?), and I'm having trouble getting the eggs into the game. I'm trying to use Pokegen, but whenever I save the eggs, the the save file, I dunno, corrupts? I start the ROM and there's no continue option. Then, I restore the backup Pokegen makes and it reappears, but, since it's a backup, there are no eggs (Obvious, no?). This is my first time trying this, so I'm probably just doing something obviously wrong.

More info: I have the eggs saved as .pkm files, so I drag 'n' drop them into Box 1. The save file extension is .dsv. I am using the DeSmuME emulator to run Blaze Black 2. I have only found solutions for no$GBA (but I like DeSmuME better for some reason, so I won't switch unless I really have to...). As far as I know, the pokemon in the eggs are perfectly legal, but that shouldn't really matter.

So... Help? Thanks, Thernos.

EDIT: Never mind, turns out my question was more general than I had thought and had a solution EVERYWHERE. Thanks, Bing, for dropping the ball (and hijacking my browser again...). My bad.

Last edited by Thernos; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:31 AM.
Old 6 Days Ago, 07:51 AM
Oakesy

This looks fantastic, may give it a crack when I have completed Blaze Black
HACKS I SUPPORT

Old 6 Days Ago, 08:09 AM
gnmmarechal
Hurricane the Blaziken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thernos View Post
Alright, so I'm trying to do a Blaze Black 2 Egglocke (Original, no?), and I'm having trouble getting the eggs into the game. I'm trying to use Pokegen, but whenever I save the eggs, the the save file, I dunno, corrupts? I start the ROM and there's no continue option. Then, I restore the backup Pokegen makes and it reappears, but, since it's a backup, there are no eggs (Obvious, no?). This is my first time trying this, so I'm probably just doing something obviously wrong.

More info: I have the eggs saved as .pkm files, so I drag 'n' drop them into Box 1. The save file extension is .dsv. I am using the DeSmuME emulator to run Blaze Black 2. I have only found solutions for no$GBA (but I like DeSmuME better for some reason, so I won't switch unless I really have to...). As far as I know, the pokemon in the eggs are perfectly legal, but that shouldn't really matter.

So... Help? Thanks, Thernos.

EDIT: Never mind, turns out my question was more general than I had thought and had a solution EVERYWHERE. Thanks, Bing, for dropping the ball (and hijacking my browser again...). My bad.
Why do you prefer DeSmuME?
http://youtube.com/gnmpolicemata

My 3DS Friend Code: 2509-3522-3377
I like Pokémon X/Y and Mario Kart 7 feel free to add me as a friend
Old 1 Day Ago, 08:30 AM
MizuRyuHime

So i have a question, is this compatable with Universal Randomizer?

Before i formatted my laptop, it worked completely.

I know the Wild Pokemon are modified already, but i like having custom starters (Vulpix, Raltz etc) and other things like Random Trainer Names, Random TM's, etc.

Everytime i try to use the Randomizer with Blaze Black 2, it successfully randomizes but the game doesn't launch. Its just a white screen with no sound.

When i try it with Volt White 2, it works perfectly until u choose ur first Pokemon, then after u choose and it zooms in for effect, its as though i never talked to Bianca. And i can keep talking to her again and again, over and over. Without getting my Pokemon.

I know the Universal Randomizer says that its not fully supported for Hacked Roms but that they may work. But before i formatted my laptop, they worked perfectly. I had randomized Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2 and they worked fine. Now? Nothing.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links