• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

competitive wifi team...is it ok?

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
Hi! I was going to use this team competitively but i'm not sure it would work...i just need a variety of opinions to make sure it would be a sucessful team. Also I need 3 more!!!!! I was wondering if i should use pokemon that can take advantage of the sunny weather, i was going to use a heat wave honchkrow but i'm not sure... HELP

Heracross: Impish: Toxic Orb: EV's: 208 HP / 104 Atk / 196 Spe
Ability: Guts MOVES: Facade-Megahorn-Bulk Up-Stone Edge

Clefable: Modest: Expert Belt: EV's: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Ability: Magic guard MOVES: Ice Beam-Cosmic Power-Swift-Softboiled

Leafeon: Adamant: rose Incence: Ev's132 HP / 4 Atk / 120 Def / 252 Spe
Ability:Leaf Guard MOVES: Sunny Day-Leaf Blade-X Scissor-Swords dance

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Heracross' current set is seriously walled by Steels. As appealing as Facade sounds for the doubled power while statused, Low Kick is the better option for hitting Steel Pokemon hard, especially considering the fact that most of them are heavy.

Clefable is rather terrible in the upper tiers, to be honest. Blissey is far superior in the supporting department because of its better Special bulk:
-Aromatherapy
-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss/Flamethrower
-Thunder Wave/Toxic
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure

Like Clefable, Leafeon isn't too good either. Also, Leafeon shares a Fire and Flying weakness with Heracross; I'll suggest something like Heatran to help cover those weaknesses:
-Fire Blast/Overheat
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice)/Dragon Pulse
-Explosion
Nature: Rash/Naive
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Specs

But, since you now have 2 Pokemon weak to Fighting, I'll put Gengar in as your next Pokemon:
-Substtute
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power (Fire)/Hypnosis/Pain Split
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

If it's allowed, I'll let the others come up with suggestions for the last slots.

The reason why I didn't suggest Sunny Day was because it amplifies Heracross' Fire weakness.

Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2013
I would go for a scarfed, fully offensive Heracross. Like mentioned without a fighting move, it gets walled by steel.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
I used facade because of heracrosses gut ability and the toxic orb, and while poisoned it couldn't be put under sleep or paralyzation. I think I might swap leafeon for vapoureon or umbreon, and i like the use of blissey, but with ice beam instead of flamethrower, and toxic over thunder wave, thanks for the tips :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I used facade because of heracrosses gut ability and the toxic orb, and while poisoned it couldn't be put under sleep or paralyzation. I think I might swap leafeon for vapoureon or umbreon, and i like the use of blissey, but with ice beam instead of flamethrower, and toxic over thunder wave, thanks for the tips :)

The reason why Flamethrower or Seismic Toss is used over Flamethrower is because while Ice Beam has good coverage, it's stopped by Steels (and other Ice Pokemon). Flamethrower gives Blissey a way to hit Steels hard, while Seismic Toss inflicts consistent damage on the opponent, given Blissey's average Special Attack.

Back