• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Palladium

Which tiles should I use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Just a suggestion, but I think you should have some kind of rest house outside or inside of Marl Cave. It was really annoying having to go all the way back home just to heal.

Years
Every hacked GBA rom I download, says something like Unsupported File or something. What do you do to play it? Drag which file to what thing? The emulator? Tell me what to do to play! Thanks!
Read the stickied threads in Progressing Hacks, those should help.

(Why are those threads only in PH? Shouldn't they be in this board? Most newbs will come here first...)

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2019
I was playing this hack because it looked neat, but for some reason there's no wild encounters. I even opened up Advance Map and saw no wild encounters for Marl Cave (first map for the game I found).

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Just a suggestion, but I think you should have some kind of rest house outside or inside of Marl Cave. It was really annoying having to go all the way back home just to heal.

I know. It's a problem I've had with that cave for a while. I just need to find a good way to get a healing spot in the middle of the cave.

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. If you have anymore just let me know.

I was playing this hack because it looked neat, but for some reason there's no wild encounters. I even opened up Advance Map and saw no wild encounters for Marl Cave (first map for the game I found).

I just tested both patches and they both work just fine. Are you sure you're patching it to a clean FireRed rom? Have you tried using both patches?

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
to be honest this hack was good except for a few things the last gym is a killer which bugged me :P the Unofficial gym :P and the tiles you are using a yucky Dx well the ones in beta 1 i'll quickly check the pictures to see if i missed them ;p

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
to be honest this hack was good except for a few things the last gym is a killer which bugged me :P the Unofficial gym :P and the tiles you are using a yucky Dx well the ones in beta 1 i'll quickly check the pictures to see if i missed them ;p

Yeah, the Unofficial Gym was suppose to be really hard. That's because it wasn't gonna be in beta one, but I enabled it to give people something extra to do after they beat the beta. And if you manage to beat it in beta one you will be able to get something special in beta two.

Just to let everybody know I should have a few more sets of screen shots of beta two up in a few days or so.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I've gotten a little farther, and I have more feedback: Don't you think you're curving the levels a bit too much? Sure it's fun to have high levels, but you're not giving enough opponents to let the player reach that high of a level range.

For instance, I've battled every trainer I could find, and I'm at the second Gym. My team is:
Lv16 Sandshrew
Lv16 Mareep
Lv18 Ivysaur

And one of the trainers in the Gym has a whopping Lv21 Ivysaur. That's borderline ridiculous, the battle ended with my Ivysaur using Struggle until it fainted from recoil damage (and his Ivysaur ended up using Struggle too).

I'm not even going to bother challenging the second leader until all of my Pokemon are at least Lv20, since if a gym Trainer reaches Lv21, I can just imagine how high you made the actual Gym Leader...

I haven't challenged David (was that his name?) yet, but Lv21 seems like an appropriate level for the Gym Leader, instead of that annoying Pokemon Breeder. Also, when all of my Pokemon were Lv8-10, one of the trainers had a Lv13 Butterfree, which was pretty much impossible to beat.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2016
For some strange reason, I can't find any Pokemon literally none...did I get a bad FR ROM?

EDIT: Never mind I repatched it and now it works fine!

Last edited:

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
I've gotten a little farther, and I have more feedback: Don't you think you're curving the levels a bit too much? Sure it's fun to have high levels, but you're not giving enough opponents to let the player reach that high of a level range.

For instance, I've battled every trainer I could find, and I'm at the second Gym. My team is:
Lv16 Sandshrew
Lv16 Mareep
Lv18 Ivysaur

And one of the trainers in the Gym has a whopping Lv21 Ivysaur. That's borderline ridiculous, the battle ended with my Ivysaur using Struggle until it fainted from recoil damage (and his Ivysaur ended up using Struggle too).

I'm not even going to bother challenging the second leader until all of my Pokemon are at least Lv20, since if a gym Trainer reaches Lv21, I can just imagine how high you made the actual Gym Leader...

I haven't challenged David (was that his name?) yet, but Lv21 seems like an appropriate level for the Gym Leader, instead of that annoying Pokemon Breeder. Also, when all of my Pokemon were Lv8-10, one of the trainers had a Lv13 Butterfree, which was pretty much impossible to beat.

I noticed this myself. When I was messing around the other day I noticed the highest level on Shorea Path is 7, than the Gym in Metrous City has levels 11-15. Before I release beta two I plan on going back and replaying the whole thing a few times to make sure it's fair.

This is the feedback I like. Because I know I can always improve something. Thanks for taking the time out and letting me know.

P.S. If you want to know David's team is:

Spoiler:

For some strange reason, I can't find any Pokemon literally none...did I get a bad FR ROM?

Make sure you're using a clean FireRed ROM. If you are then trying using a different FireRed ROM. Just make sure it's English.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Spoiler:

Here's my suggestion for the Gyms:

First Gym:
Gym Trainers: Lv6-9
Josh:
Lv11 Pidgey
Lv13 Noctowl

Second Gym:
Gym Trainers: Lv12-15
David:
Lv17 Spinarak
Lv19 Scyther
Lv21 Bayleef

I have not yet reached the third Gym, but I'll comment when I do.

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2011
Played the game and loved it so far. The Gym in the forest was a bit of a shocker when I first battled it. Quick question, when beta 2 comes out can we use the saves from beta 1 or will we have to start over?

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Here's my suggestion for the Gyms:

First Gym:
Gym Trainers: Lv6-9
Josh:
Lv11 Pidgey
Lv13 Noctowl

Second Gym:
Gym Trainers: Lv12-15
David:
Lv17 Spinarak
Lv19 Scyther
Lv21 Bayleef

I have not yet reached the third Gym, but I'll comment when I do.

That sounds good. I'll test it out. And thanks for your input so far.

Played the game and loved it so far. The Gym in the forest was a bit of a shocker when I first battled it. Quick question, when beta 2 comes out can we use the saves from beta 1 or will we have to start over?

I'm glad you enjoyed it! As I said earlier the gym was just an extra to give people something to do after they beat the beta. Also, if you can manage to beat the gym in beta one you will get something special in beta two.

And yes, you can continue your beta one file on beta two.

ase

learning How to Hack
Years
was a beta supposed to come out today? i'm not sure but i think i read that somewhere.........

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
was a beta supposed to come out today? i'm not sure but i think i read that somewhere.........

Not today, but I will be posting about 12 screen shots and quite a bit of info about beta two later today. So if you're interested in beta two be sure to check back here later.

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Beta Two Updates

Beta two is close to being done. I'm currently working on the last city in the beta. Once I finish that up I want to go back and touch up on a few things, then I will be looking for some beta testers.

I felt beta one was really dull and boring in the storyline and script department, so this beta will have a lot more scripts and a lot more to do with the storyline. You will also be able to earn another two badges with this beta. Now, on to the screen shots.

This first set of screen shots shows the revamped Chartreuse City.

Spoiler:

The next set is another screen shot of Denim City and two screen shots of Cobalt Town.

Spoiler:

This set is of the new Metrous City Gym and two new routes.

Spoiler:

The final set is some new scripts in beta two. These contain spoilers. So if you want to save all of the surprises for when you play don't look at this set.

Spoiler:

I would like to show some more, but I can't without spoiling too much.

PiplupGHacker

Keeping the dream alive.
Years
Looks awesome. I think I'll hold out on playing until the second beta though. I'm sure I'd finish the first one quick haha.

By the way - my name is Brian! :O Nice name for a main character. I'm guessing it may be yours too :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
I've been enjoying the first Beta so far and from the looks of it Beta 2 will be even more enjoyable.

More plot development is needed from what I've played thus far. (I haven't gotten past Cerise Forest yet. Heracross is proving elusive.) So hopefully this will be developed more in Beta 2.

Overall looking forward to playing this and I'm quite fussy with my hack choices.

FireShock

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Looks awesome. I think I'll hold out on playing until the second beta though. I'm sure I'd finish the first one quick haha.
guessing it may be yours too :P

No, it's actually my middle name. :)

I've been enjoying the first Beta so far and from the looks of it Beta 2 will be even more enjoyable.

More plot development is needed from what I've played thus far. (I haven't gotten past Cerise Forest yet. Heracross is proving elusive.) So hopefully this will be developed more in Beta 2.

Overall looking forward to playing this and I'm quite fussy with my hack choices.

Yeah, beta two will be a lot more about storyline and scripting than anything else.

Also, if anybody wants to access the special event in beta two for beating the secret gym in beta one make sure to keep the item that you got from the gym leader.

Back