The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Research & Development

Notices

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
Research & Development programs in this forum are subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old July 3rd, 2014, 12:57 PM
Creator135

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom2122 View Post
Well you could compile it with XSE, I suggest you download it and look through some of the tutorials on this site. But I see that a compiled version of the script has already been provided. So you're going to need HxD again. Where he says

"Here's a compiled version of the script for anyone having problems:"

You need to copy and paste these hex numbers into free space in your rom. Anywhere there are enough 'FF' bytes. There is a tool on this forum somewhere for finding free space but in this case it is such a small amount of bytes that we don't need it.

So once you've copied this into a FF byte area of your choice, put the cursor at the beginning of your new values. Look in the bottom left corner of HxD, that will tell you your current address in the rom. Write that number down somewhere.

Now for the final step go to 083100. Here you will need to enter that number that you wrote down earlier. However, it needs to reverse.
Just as an example, say your number was E01414. First, split it into bytes so that it looks like E0 14 14. Now put those in reverse order 14 14 E0.
Those are the numbers that you enter at 083100, your own numbers of course. Make sure the very next byte is '08'.

That should be it.

Thank you so much. I've now taken a step further into ROM Hacking.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 01:32 PM
Phenom2122

Nature: Quiet
I'm glad I could help translate it lol. Now that you've done this, it'll come more naturally every time
Old August 4th, 2014, 11:31 PM
hackstar
Check it out!!

Nature: Bashful
Cool! anyway will this work for emerald too?
Old August 5th, 2014, 12:33 AM
Dark Sneasel
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackstar View Post
Cool! anyway will this work for emerald too?
No, it will not. The offsets are different, and as of now, no one has achieved it on Emerald, at least what I know from.
Pokémon Emerald Specials
Change Player OW in script
Making a tag battle script
G3HS extended Pokemon in the wild
Starting out with Rom Hacking? Click here
#SlowDownFigi

http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...overy,fluorite
^Coolest irc... ever
Old August 9th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Mustachemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom2122 View Post
Well you could compile it with XSE, I suggest you download it and look through some of the tutorials on this site. But I see that a compiled version of the script has already been provided. So you're going to need HxD again. Where he says

"Here's a compiled version of the script for anyone having problems:"

You need to copy and paste these hex numbers into free space in your rom. Anywhere there are enough 'FF' bytes. There is a tool on this forum somewhere for finding free space but in this case it is such a small amount of bytes that we don't need it.

So once you've copied this into a FF byte area of your choice, put the cursor at the beginning of your new values. Look in the bottom left corner of HxD, that will tell you your current address in the rom. Write that number down somewhere.

Now for the final step go to 083100. Here you will need to enter that number that you wrote down earlier. However, it needs to reverse.
Just as an example, say your number was E01414. First, split it into bytes so that it looks like E0 14 14. Now put those in reverse order 14 14 E0.
Those are the numbers that you enter at 083100, your own numbers of course. Make sure the very next byte is '08'.

That should be it.
I've done this several times with different offsets and even with a clear rom, but it won't work! When repel runs out, it'll flash a text box with nothing written on it for less that a second. That's all that happens.

EDIT: I was using Ctrl+V instead of Ctrl+B on HxD.

Update: I changed all the bytes and added the compiled part and then repointed, but now repel will run off and nothing will happen. I also have no idea what I'm doing wrong, can somebody help?

I've tried using a clear rom, but it doesn't work. Clearly something I'm doing is wrong.

EDIT: Now I've done it! I feel like a million bucks for figuring this out! Hahaha. For some odd reason, the compiled code that the OP provided didn't work at all, but compiling the script with XSE did. I've also learned how to use XSE, which is pretty cool. If you're reading this, don't forget that you also have to change the pointer located at 083100 on a Hex Editor. Anyway, thanks for the sweet code!

Last edited by Mustachemon; August 13th, 2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 05:15 AM
hydrostorm

Hi. Please don't close this thread/ban/warn me for reviving something this old. I'm a newbie to ROM-Hacking, and I'm pretty sure I followed all of the instructions properly, however, after taking 100 steps, it doesn't ask me if I want to use another nor that it expired. Please respond ASAP. Thanks in advance.

(P.S.) By "doesn't work" I mean another multichoice box shows up (actually 2 of them), instead of the expected Yes/No with the message thing.

EDIT: IMAGES -(IMGUR.COM)
/ahxTU0z (1st Image; note the small multichoice box on the lower right hand corner)
/tjrODMw (2nd Image; the second screen of the multichoice, opened right after selecting any of the two options from the first)
/cQZUDLt (3rd Image; reuse of repel after exiting multichoice boxes, eternal freeze)

Last edited by hydrostorm; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:52 AM. Reason: Inclusion of Images
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 06:19 AM
Artemis64

Can this be ported to Emerald? The pointer is at 0xB58C0
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here