• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Falling...

Crux

Evermore
Years
Hey guys!
I recently heard an interesting question,and was curious to hear what some of your answers would be.

"Say you were to jump off a building...
Would you rather be facing down,watching the ground and knowing when death would claim you?
or​
Would you rather be facing up,to see the sky and just enjoy the ride never once knowing when it would end?

To clarify the question what i'm asking is whether you'd rather know when you would die,or if you'd want to just enjoy life while you can.

Amuse me question answering monkeys! *cough...ahem...
I'd have to say facing up...right then,answer away!!

Last edited:

#isthenumbersign
Years
I'd be doing like somersaults in the air so I can experience both! Except I'm not sure how easy it is to be doing all those turns when you're falling that fast.

Years
I'm pretty sure that if you fall from such a great height, your body loses consciousness before impact so in either case you won't know when you'll hit the ground. I'd probably face down as that's the default positioning.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Id probably face the sky, looking down would cause me to panic and it would just make the experience much more terrible. It would be peaceful to look at the clouds.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Okay......

To clarify the question a bit,maybe it would be better to word it like this:

"If you knew you were going to die would you rather know when you would,or just enjoy life for the short amount of time you have left?"

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
What?! No way would I jump off a building, I'd never even dare going up to such a height :( But if it were to happen, it wouldn't really matter, because I'd have my eyes closed either way D:

Okay......

"If you knew you were going to die would you rather know when you would,or just enjoy life for the short amount of time you have left?"
Well that's kinda whole new question. In that case I'd rather know when I'd die so I had time to say all my goodbyes and do things I would want to get done before dying and such. Kinda reminds me of a book I read recently lol. If you mean relative to the whole falling thing, then it's pretty much the same. Rather know how close you are, than going out of your mind, constantly thinking it could happen every moment.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
It wouldn't really matter. I'd prefer falling down while looking at the sky, but I'm sure my mind would just panic and I'll stick to my default position: falling down while looking at the ground.

Okay......

That's a whole different question there.

I'd just enjoy my remaining minutes, hours, or days in this world. I wouldn't want to know when I'd die, because I want it to come as a surprise to me. One day I'll be doing that, and the next day I'll be in a coffin. That's what I want.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd probably shift my positions between facing up and facing down so that I won't experience the agony of watching my imminent death from down below as much.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
do summersaults like a boss

I'd hate to know when I'm going to die and the idea of looking death in the face terrifies me to no end, but I'm not sure what I'd do in that situation. If you're facing down then yes you can see how close you are to death and you're aware of when you're about to die, but even if you're facing upwards then you'd still know what's happening and that you're falling to your death, you just wouldn't be able to see the ground. I think I'd close my eyes and somehow try to pretend it's not happening paha, but if it's a choice between one or the other then I'd go with looking down so that I can see the world and people within one last time before dying.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
^ I second doing somersaults like a baws! One of the best times to try to do it, especially when you're not a professional gymnast/diver. xD

I don't think I'll be jumping off buildings any time soon, but if I somehow did..I really don't know. Looking up towards the sky and not knowing when you're going to go out in a poof is very scary. Looking downwards is scary as well (suicide is scary!), but I think I'd rather look downwards..at least you won't die in mid-thought. And you can get to say your last goodbyes that don't abruptly end in mid-thought. And perhaps fantasize that you are flying like a superhero, because superheroes who fly don't fly with their feet facing downwards, no? :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I would want to know. If it's far away, I wouldn't have to worry about it, and if it's close I would be able to spend my days enjoying myself instead of working on planning for the future. If I knew that I was going to die next week in a car crash, I wouldn't be going to my classes or worrying about anything, for example. I like to know things, and knowing when I die would be no exception.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I wouldnt want to know and i think facing the sky being oblivious to when you'd hit the ground sounds more appealing to me than just waoting for.the.moment you hit the ground.

droomph

weeb
Years
beforehand I would streamline myself so I take myself like a winner.

ANYWHO I would just enjoy life as I could, because schedules make my life hell. No need for another one.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
If the question is being taken literally, I'd rather be falling face down and knowing when the ground would hit me, so I could brace myself for it. I've always been this way; I've never looked away when doctors were putting needles in my arm or anything like that. I always have to look, I always have to know so I'm prepared.

But the essence of the question... in the grand scheme of things, I'd prefer not to know when I'm going to die. I'd rather just live life as it comes and hope that my death won't be for a very, very long time.

Back