• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I don't know how much of a bug it is, but (for me at least) I noticed that when you encrypt a game, the VS bar animation doesnt show up, and the new outfit feature recently added does not work either
its not necessarily game breaking, but I noticed the VS bar bug a long time ago, and just found out about the outfit one, which is pretty much a deal breaker for me

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
the new outfit feature recently added does not work either
Describe "does not work". Do you have appropriate graphics for the outfit you're trying to wear, and are they named correctly? The game will use the default graphics if it can't find the outfit-specific ones, so if you haven't gotten the graphics right, it may look like nothing's changed when you change outfits.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Describe "does not work". Do you have appropriate graphics for the outfit you're trying to wear, and are they named correctly? The game will use the default graphics if it can't find the outfit-specific ones, so if you haven't gotten the graphics right, it may look like nothing's changed when you change outfits.

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear
When you encrypt the game, in the same way as the VS animation no longer works, so too does the Outfit no longer work

I have tested it, and with your help on another thread, have successfully implemented your brilliant script, but once the game is encrypted, I noticed it no longer works

it just doesnt change the player's graphic, though I have not tested if it actually changes the outift...but if you have the folder "characters" in a dummy folder named "graphics" in the game folder it works...but that defeats the purpose of the encryption, same goes for VS animation (the transistion folder in a dummy folder named "graphics" plays the animation)

Maruno

Years
I do see that the Vs graphics and the charset outfits (and, partly, berry plants) have a different way of checking for the existence of files than other graphics do. It seems that method of checking always returns false if the game is compressed/encrypted(?), so that's useless. I've changed it for the next version, so it should hopefully work properly.

As it is, the trainer's back sprite in battle should still work properly with outfits even in v13.

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2016
This is also on the animation front, but Icicle Spear (in the animation editor) doesn't have hits 2-5 created. So it uses icicle spear for hit 1, icy breath for hit 2, inferno for hit 3, ironhead for hit 4, and jump kick for hit 5.

Just FYI

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Enemy Spearow's sprite disappears when it uses Aerial Ace. Not sure if this bug affect every enemy that uses Aerial Ace or if it's only Spearow, just happened to notice it when testing my game.

EDIT: It reappeared during the following round, after being hit by my attack.

Not sure if it matters, but the first move I used was Dragon Rage, when it disappeared, and Ember when it reappeared. I was using a Charmeleon

Last edited:

oldsnake90

Creator Pokemon Glacial Freeze
Years
Im having a issue i compressed my game and encrypt it using RPG Maker. and when i get past the start screen it gives me (Script 'SpriteWindow' line 1998: NoMethodError occurred. undefined method 'length' for nil:NilClass.)

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
If you use the translation system, the game will break if you calls a Common Event at a map without messages defined. To fix this, change line 'if @messages[0][type][id]' to 'if @messages[0][type] && @messages[0][type][id]'.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every time that I change the language and click in continue, I receive the below error, but the game continues.

Code:
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
[EOFError, "End of file reached", ["Section058:2070:in `oldload'", "Section058:2070:in `load'", "Section107:346:in `pbStartLoadScreen'", "Section107:328:in `open'", "Section107:328:in `pbStartLoadScreen'", "Section107:319:in `loop'", "Section107:452:in `pbStartLoadScreen'", "Section148:6:in `main'", "Section151:37:in `mainFunctionDebug'", "Section151:15:in `mainFunction'", "Section151:15:in `pbCriticalCode'", "Section151:15:in `mainFunction'", "Section151:47", "Section151:46:in `loop'", "Section151:55"]]
OK   

Maruno

Years
Every time that I change the language and click in continue, I receive the below error, but the game continues.

Code:
Pokemon Essentials
[EOFError, "End of file reached", ["Section058:2070:in `oldload'", "Section058:2070:in `load'", "Section107:346:in `pbStartLoadScreen'", "Section107:328:in `open'", "Section107:328:in `pbStartLoadScreen'", "Section107:319:in `loop'", "Section107:452:in `pbStartLoadScreen'", "Section148:6:in `main'", "Section151:37:in `mainFunctionDebug'", "Section151:15:in `mainFunction'", "Section151:15:in `pbCriticalCode'", "Section151:15:in `mainFunction'", "Section151:47", "Section151:46:in `loop'", "Section151:55"]]
OK   
There's a couple of 14.times in the PokemonLoad script section. Change them to 15.times and let me know if that fixes it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 14, 2014
Whenever my player chooses a starter Pokemon the "[Player] recieved [Pokemon" message appears like it should. However, when I go into the Party menu, these errors appears:

When I'm playtesting:

Exception:Runtime Error
SpriteWindow: 218: in 'initialize'
PokemonSprite:113: in 'pokemoon='
PokemonParty:341: in 'new'
PokemonParty 341: in 'initialize
PokemonParty:614: in 'pbStartScene'
PokemonParty:612; in 'each'
PokemonParty:612 in 'pbStartScene

When I play the game file:

Script 'SpriteWindow' line 218: RuntimeError occured
filename is nil

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Whenever my player chooses a starter Pokemon the "[Player] recieved [Pokemon" message appears like it should. However, when I go into the Party menu, these errors appears:

When I'm playtesting:

Exception:Runtime Error
SpriteWindow: 218: in 'initialize'
PokemonSprite:113: in 'pokemoon='
PokemonParty:341: in 'new'
PokemonParty 341: in 'initialize
PokemonParty:614: in 'pbStartScene'
PokemonParty:612; in 'each'
PokemonParty:612 in 'pbStartScene

When I play the game file:

Script 'SpriteWindow' line 218: RuntimeError occured
filename is nil

This is not a bug, you installed the Pokemon Pack wrong, or perhaps did not even install it.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
----------------------------
There's a couple of 14.times in the PokemonLoad script section. Change them to 15.times and let me know if that fixes it.
Worked!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 4, 2023
Didn't anyone get the bug in which HP bar sometimes enters in a loop when you take damage, yet?

Detailed description:

When taking damage, the HP bar get stuck between two values. It keeps on oscilating, and the game cannot continue.
It only happens sometimes (~1 out of 8 attacks).
It can happen both to the opponent as well as to the player. (not at the same time)
When the loop starts, there is nothing the player can do so to continue the game.

It doesn't take long to see this. Just play around for a while and you will eventually find this bug.

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
The translation system for scripts isn't working. To fix this, just change both 'string=MessageTypes.getFromMapHash(MessageTypes::ScriptTexts,arg[0])' to 'string=MessageTypes.getFromHash(MessageTypes::ScriptTexts,arg[0])'

Sam Dreams Maker

Do his best at every moment. Crazy french develope
Years
In the script "PokemonStorage", in the class "PokemonStorageScene" at the line 2161 :
change "if key!=nil" to "if key!=-1" and the bug of computer will be corrected.
;)

Maruno

Years
In the script "PokemonStorage", in the class "PokemonStorageScene" at the line 2161 :
change "if key!=nil" to "if key!=-1" and the bug of computer will be corrected.
;)
This doesn't apply to Essentials v13. The line in question reads: if key>=0 - this is perfectly fine.

Sam Dreams Maker

Do his best at every moment. Crazy french develope
Years
Oh sry, i use the Pokemon MMO Starter Kit. I didn't know there was modifications on the Pokemon Essential.

edogg

EXTREME mapper
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2014
Im sorry I am very new to this, and I am probably posting this in the wrong thread but here are my errors logs.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
In this version (Version 13), my Jolteon got paralyzed (To my knowledge, this can't happen in Gen 6 to an electric-type... Can somebody verify this since I don't actually have a 3ds, and I'm just going by what my friends tell me?), Later on, he attacked a Nidoran and the poison point ability poisoned him when he was still paralyzed.

Pretty sure that's not supposed to happen.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
In this version (Version 13), my Jolteon got paralyzed (To my knowledge, this can't happen in Gen 6 to an electric-type... Can somebody verify this since I don't actually have a 3ds, and I'm just going by what my friends tell me?), Later on, he attacked a Nidoran and the poison point ability poisoned him when he was still paralyzed.

Pretty sure that's not supposed to happen.

I'll test it to confirm it, but yes electric types are immune to paralysis in gen 6

Back