• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friendship is Magic ~ The My Little Pony Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Wow. Lot more thorough answers than I expected! Interesting ones too. I should become a fandom researcher!

Random question, anyone here been to Canobie lake Park in NH recently, by any chance?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Something I had to post:

Spoiler:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I have been thinking about getting into that, as I'm a big fan of Pokemon, and MLC (I like to call it My Little Cards) seems to have the same concept!

Right now I'm collecting booster packs as well as bought the 50-card pack containing Rarity & Princess Celestia foils. It's actually worth the $10 bucks at wal-mart/target. I have a total of 107 cards right now. Sounds like a lot, but what I don't understand is that...why did the 50-card starter pack came with duplicates? Is it normal to have duplicates in a deck? I need to ask my bf about that when I get the chance. (or if someone can answer this for me that'd be greeeeeeeeeeat <3)

Rainbow-Dash

Premier Polychrome Pegasus
Years
Oh, pssshhhhhhh... Right! XD

Username: Rainbow-Dash
Favorite Mane 6: Rainbow Dash
Additional Info: I got into the series late last year because of increasing curiousity in what the Bronies were talking about. Now I consider myself a brony because te show just flat-out makes me smile.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Does anyone remember their exact day of "realization"?

Er...
I think it was during a month or two before the Season 2 finalé.
My youngest bro forced me to watch the first episode of Season 1 with him, promising that I'll enjoy it.

Of course, during the "book intro" and the "title song" were playing, I was arching an eyebrow and internally shivering at how childish the episode was going to be.

Long story short, I ended up watching the whole Season 1 episodes, which was around midnight. I was late for work the next day. xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Er...
I think it was during a month or two before the Season 2 finalé.
My youngest bro forced me to watch the first episode of Season 1 with him, promising that I'll enjoy it.

Of course, during the "book intro" and the "title song" were playing, I was arching an eyebrow and internally shivering at how childish the episode was going to be.

Long story short, I ended up watching the whole Season 1 episodes, which was around midnight. I was late for work the next day. xD

Damn. Your outcome was worse than mine I think. On the night of the 25th or so, I stayed up all night watching six episodes in a row, and I had a quiz to take the next morning at my uni. The friend that linked me to MLP is no longer a brony now (she got bored of the fandom in general, sadly :s) so I have to rely on other peeps for lots of MLP stuff.

My immediate reaction when I watched the first episode was "why do people like this crap?" but I continued to watch, because it had a cliffhanger at the end so I watched the 2nd episode...then the 3rd, then the 4th. xD

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
September 14, 2012.

I remember the date because it was the day my favorite game came out which I played for 3 days straight to try and 'un-brony' myself. It kinda worked but we can all see the final outcome.

I hate watched the first 2 episodes of Season 1 on youtube while I waited for the torrent (Yes, it was a legal one, it was put up by the developers) to finish. I think I may have watched the 3rd episode too but I don't quite remember. I just know I was super embarrassed and disappointed in myself for getting any enjoyment out of something so childish and went into a sort of denial and tried to 'cleanse my mind' with said game.

Black Mesa Source for any who are curious

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
The first time I had ever seen anything from the show was a long time ago, possibly before season 2 had even started. I was at my uncle's house with family to celebrate something, what it was I don't remember. My uncle has two little girls, so the TV was on the Hub channel and MLP was on. Don't remember what episode it was, but I remember thinking that this didn't really seem that childish for My Little Pony. I think it was the beginning of last summer when I decided to sit down and watch the first two episodes on Youtube, so I can finally see what all rage was about the show. It thought it was pretty good, so a little while later I watched the rest of season 1, then season 2 and so on... I realized I was a fan of MLP and that's it, I guess, it all just sort of happened. :)

Years
My immediate reaction when I watched the first episode was "why do people like this crap?" but I continued to watch, because it had a cliffhanger at the end so I watched the 2nd episode...then the 3rd, then the 4th. xD

That was pretty much my reaction to the show at first. Only reason i kept watching was because there were a few funny or interesting episodes that made me keep watching. And before i knew it, in a day or 2, i watched the entire season 1.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Can I post here yet? I mean, I haven't been acknowledged at all...

You were acknowledged in this post. I think the page break kinda misled you. xD

I never understood the whole concept of "bronies" until right after I finished Season 1 of MLP. That's where I realized "wait, does that mean I am a brony as well???" Welcome btw!~

As long as you have a clean club-signup, you should be fine with posting within the group (which you do!).

Rainbow-Dash

Premier Polychrome Pegasus
Years
Okay, thank you (:

Well, I arrived at the brony fandom quite late actually, about a year ago. Like I said, one day, I just happened to have nothing to do one morning, so I found MLP while browsing Netflix and watched it.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Okay, thank you (:

Well, I arrived at the brony fandom quite late actually, about a year ago. Like I said, one day, I just happened to have nothing to do one morning, so I found MLP while browsing Netflix and watched it.

Its alright and understandable. A lot of folk got into the show within the past two years. I've been in with it since the Generation One Movie, 'Escape from Nightmare Castle' with the original Tirek as the main villain. Looking back on it now, man... I loved that movie so much. Still have it on VHS.

Years
I remember like nothing from the generation one of MLP. Except that one episode where a smart pony had a birthday and others were completely clueless what to gift her.

I frequently watched that with my sister cause i was 7-8 years old and pretty much watched every cartoon i saw back then.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I used to own Gen 2-3 stuff such as books, pony toys, and even owned a toothbrush & toothpaste. I no longer have them anymore though. Never really watched the series/movies though, they didn't appeal to me as much as this generation did. My memory is kinda foggy atm to even remember what I had when I was younger, but all I can say is that it was pretty weird back then xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back