• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Gold/Silver Remakes!

usami

biohazard
Years
  • Age 33
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 5, 2021
Here they are, I don't have the back pics so I couldn't do those.
rival.png
hiro.png
crystal.png

Sorry if the rival dosn't look shaded enough but theres not much I could do for that.

usami

biohazard
Years
  • Age 33
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 5, 2021
You need an IPS program try asking in the ROM Realated Applications Requets & Disscussion Thread, Or search on google.

Jason

Banned
Years
Miroku said:
Here they are, I don't have the back pics so I couldn't do those.
rival.png
hiro.png
crystal.png

Sorry if the rival dosn't look shaded enough but theres not much I could do for that.
Bah, they are even worse than ones that will be in my version.

Aaand...I show this whole thread to my mate Majin and he laughed at your knowledge of hacking with GSC. He told me that your palettes and maps are well sucked and we both think your hack will end up with a lot of scripting errors. Hehehehe....sorry for this ;p

Bakura-kun

I AM the darkness... :P
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 5, 2008
Miroku, thank you so, so much! :) Don't worry - I will put your name in credits section of readme and on game ;)

Jason - shut the **** up. I don't care if your hacks better. It's the first RS hack I'm making, and the reason I'm mainly doing this hack is to have some practice with the tools. Another thing, Miroku done good work for those sprites. I've not seen any of your sprites, so until I do, Miroku's are better.

MajinBlueDragon, i wasn't intending on using your sprite anyway. I was just trying out the RSball program, and it just seemed like the perfect one to try it with. I've got sprites from Miroku now anyway, so I won't be using yours.

Jason

Banned
Years
80% of the GSADV hack will be done with HEX
10% of the GSADV hack will be done with TLP, Pokepic etc
10% of the GSADV hack will be done with EliteMap and other proggies.

HEX RuLZ

Bakura-kun

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 5, 2008
Jason, talk about your hacks on your own thread. I am not in competition
with you. I'm not trying to make my hack super good. As I said, it's my first hack, and i'm just using it to practice with the tools i have. If you want to brag about how good your hack is, do it somewhere else, not here.

Bakura-kun

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 5, 2008
YAY! I've just finished all the text when you battle your rival! He says a lot more stuff than in Gold/Silver, but I've kept it along his personality. Anyway, I've just got to edit his Pok?mon than he's done! So you can pick both boy and girl, i've used Wally as a base for him. He'll have a Nidoran Male as his pok?mon, because he has a Nidoking on that Pok?mon Crystal special episode.
Currently, though, you will verse him before you get your pok?dex. But nobody's perfect... ;) For now, your rival is called KAMON, which is one of the names you can choose from on Silver. I also thought it fit in well with him more than the others.

I still need back pics for Hiro and Crystal, a Falkner pic and a Prof. Oak pic, so if anyone has them and would be willing to let me use them in my hack, then please, could i have them?

Bakura-kun

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 5, 2008
I have posted level shots of Route 29. The gatehouse has been moved down a bit, because there isn't a connection at the top of the map (yet). I want to complete the part up to + including Violet City before I move on to the routes after that. I was going to include Route 30/31, but the filesize was too big :(

Also - does anyone know where I can get a program like Advance Battle? I have Advance Battle 3.0.3, but it only works for Sapphire, and I need it for Ruby...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2020
Kamon is actualy the official name of the Rival ;) just like Hiro's is Kenta, and Crystal's is Marina...yeah, I was a big freak of the G/S Raikou DVD special with the Johto heros :P the american names suck though o_O Yoshi and Dani for Hiro and Crystal? Eh, don't think so :p

Bakura-kun

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 5, 2008
Yeah, most of the american names suck. I didn't actually know it's been released in english - but that's probably because i live in the uk. I've not seen the japanese one either, just the opening that i downloaded of the net somewhere. Suprising how I correctly guessed his name without watching the ep :D

usami

biohazard
Years
  • Age 33
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 5, 2021
Jason said:
Bah, they are even worse than ones that will be in my version.

Aaand...I show this whole thread to my mate Majin and he laughed at your knowledge of hacking with GSC. He told me that your palettes and maps are well sucked and we both think your hack will end up with a lot of scripting errors. Hehehehe....sorry for this ;p

First of all Jason I really don't care what you think of them, He likes them and thats all the matters and havn't you heard the saying "If you havn't got anythin nice to say don't say anything at all", and I'm sure your hack will be good and I'm sure Yamichi's hack will be good too.

I did a falkner sprite a while ago and i know this one kinda sucks so i don't care what anyone says about it.
falkner.png

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
Jason, give the guy a chance man cuz:
1. This is his first hack
2. It looks promissing
3. It's a hack of a different ROM.
4. We want to ENCOURAGE people.
5. MajinBlueDragon isn't diss'n him, and isn't he mostly doing the hack?

Back