The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 21st, 2008, 04:15 PM
LynnCreed
Mime Jr.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LynnCreed
Anyone ever played zoo tycoon? This is kind of pokemon-meets-zoo-tycoon. Not exactly the same but you get the idea. Someone on the Zoo Tycoon 2 forums posted about an idea kind of like this, so it isn't completely original, just thought I'd post it. Didn't look to see if anyone else has posted this before so if they have go ahead and delete.

Story: You are aspiring to be a pokemon breeder. You've recently purchased a small plot of land on which to raise other trainers' pokemon. Eventually you work your way up the ranks to Master Breeder or even Legendary Breeder.

Details: You're on a small plot in the middle of nowhere so the trainers who ask for your services aren't exactly the exotic types. You'll be starting out with ones like Hoothoot and Rattata. Successful breeding will be determined by how happy you can make the pokemon, how impatient the trainer is (how fast he comes back for it), if the trainer provided a Ditto or something compatible with the pokemon he wants bred, etc. Occasionally a trainer will abandon a pokemon into your care, at which point you can keep it for breeding or for overcoming challenges (the fence broke, a wild pokemon attaked the ones you're breeding, etc).

Just a rough idea of how the game might be. Comments?
Old February 22nd, 2008, 05:15 PM
mistersmeargle
is a scatman.

It seems fairly okay. I'd post more but it's half one and I've got quite the headache.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 05:27 PM
LynnCreed
Mime Jr.

lol. I appriciate it. It's actually more of a sub-quest that will eventually be in the pokemon game i'm going to make. I decided to make one from scratch using Sphere rather than rom-hacking, though so far all i've managed to do is confuse myself. >.<
Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:21 AM
spike6958
Actor in Training

Nature: Brave
Seems quite a good idea, i love playing Zoo Tycoon, you should allow people to visit the zoo so you can earn more money for food for the pokemon.
Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:38 AM
Horizon
The wanderer.
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
This sounds like a good idea. You could enroll some people who have past experience programming games from scratch, so you have a whole team of guys working on it. To polish ideas etc.
Ex-D/P/P Moderator ~ FC: 1547-5175-5150
Old February 23rd, 2008, 02:53 PM
LynnCreed
Mime Jr.

I still don't know what I'm doing when it comes to making games that I understand the workings of, let alone this kind of thing where I'd have to design it too. If someone wants to use this idea it would be fine by me, but I'm not going to try to make this one until the other is finished.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links