• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Georgia Representative Thinks Guam Will Capsize From Population Density.

Years
YouTube - Rep. Hank Johnson "The Island Will Tip Over" REALLY?

Anybody think this is an April Fools joke? Legit or not, I cracked up.

Personally I think he was being totally serious but I can't be sure if he really believes what he said. I think he wasn't paying attention very much. His speech sounded slurred and he couldn't form a coherent sentence without pausing a million times. Note when he tries to do the math for the area of square mileage he can't do it in his head even though it's very simple.

I read somewhere that he's on some sort of experimental treatment that's causing this, but that could be just a rumor.

Either way, if he's serious and he believes this nonsense then he's an idiot. If he was having a major attention lapse and if this happens often, I question his ability to serve.

Thoughts?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Islands don't just "tip over." According to the geological definition of an island, Guam will have to have soil and rock beneath the island rising up from the ocean floor, making it rigid and impossible for it to flip over. :P

Years
Islands don't just "tip over." According to the geological definition of an island, Guam will have to have soil and rock beneath the island rising up from the ocean floor, making it rigid and impossible for it to flip over. :P

Either he was tripping out or he needs to go back to middle school. But however this turns out it looked to me like he was dead serious. XD

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
Oh my God. I was reading that and expecting him to come out and say this was a joke. But he really meant it. Wow.

On a side note, I think I might have found his distant cousin. I decided to link a riff version of it, because I think the original is in bad taste.

Back