• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Pokemon Ranch: The Underdogs (Rated T)

miley810

Assassin
Years
Ooc: Sorry for not posting sooner. And sorry its not very long...I couldn't think of anything better. :(

IC:
Chapter One Post:

Adriane waited inpatiently for everything to be explained. She made sure her small smile remained there. Her eyebrows rose in intrest when he mentioned the egg. At least there was something cool going on. When he finished talking, she walked to the building and went into the room which had the eggs. She picked up the brown one, just wanting to get out of there, so she didn't notice any other eggs if there were any. She walked to the girls building, went inside, found a bed, and sat her backpack on it. She laid her egg against the pillows.

"I guess this will be a very interesting time. I wonder what kind of pokemon will hatch from the egg."Adriane thought.

Adriane sighed. She wasn't much of a farm person, but she'd have to get used to it. She was unsure on weither she'd end up getting hurt or not. She was sure it'd be because she does something stupid if she does get hurt. She looked at the egg. She smiled. She couldn't focus on the bad, she had to focus on the good, like the egg.

"I can't wait for it to hatch!"She thought.

She'd never had a baby pokemon. She didn't know what it would be like. She was exited to find out. She hoped her egg would hatch soon. She wondered when it would hatch, the guy didn't say.

"Maybe it depends on how well you take care of it, for the faster it hatches."Adriane thought.

Chapter Two Post
Adriane was sitting on her bed, thinking, when she was told she had to go pick vegetables. Adriane sighed. She emptied her backpack of all but a blanket. She wrapped the egg with the blanket and put it in her backpack. She noticed a few other people, and fallowed them, hoping to end up where she had to go. And with luck, she did.
She opened her backpack, and got the egg to the side. She began putting the ripe looking vegetables in her backpack.She kept on intill the backpack was full, and would still zip. She zipped the backpack and put it back on.Suddenly, string wrapped around her feet. She looked in front of her, and there was a caterpie.

"Really?"She asked a little bit coldly.

She pushed her legs apart and the string broke with ease. The caterpie backed up a little bit. She got on her knees and patted it on the head.

"Its okay."She said.

"It probably thought I was attacking it terratoriy or something."She thought.

Adriane stood up and walked to the kitchen. She opened her backpack and put all of the vegetables there.She zipped her backpack back up and walked out of the kitchen. She roamed around the vegetable area. She respotted the caterpie, and it respotted her. It crawled over to her.

"Hi again."Adriane said.

The caterpie ran away. Adriane shrugged.

"Guess its afraid of humans."She thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner Adriane headed back to her cabin. She went inside and sat down on the bed. She took the egg out of the backpack and sat the backpack on the floor. She pulled out the diary her mom made her promise she'd keep.She wrote down what had happend. From the egg, to having to pick the vegetables, to the caterpie.The egg was still wrapped in the blanket.She sat it securly inbetween two pillows.After a few minutes, she fell asleep.

King!

better
Years
@miley810 - It's fine, at least you're caught up now? Just try to stay on task from now on and you'll do better. :)

@Everyone - By now I'm thinking Iwasapony was been removed, so if you know of anyone who has been interested in a spot, please let them now one is available. Also, I have to go eat breakfast and back my things to go home, then afterwards, the third mission should be up!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
OCC:
Well, I believe the only one not up to ready to start chapter three is Xlugon!
(minus the X'd Iwasapony)

By the way, what is the problem with the OCC thread? If you don't mind me asking.

miley810

Assassin
Years
OOc:Yeah I made a rp a few weeks ago, better than any rps I had made before, and it didn't get accepted! And they don't update the See if yoru rp has been accepted thread so I don't know what to fix!

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
Years
I don't think anyone is. Unless Red got one of the other mods to watch, which I highly doubt. If ya'll want, you can invade my OOC thread. Arceus knows I don't use it and no one checks it. It's Almia's Shadows Return. Your all welcome to it until Red gets back. I don't mind. It'd be nice to see it get used.

King!

better
Years
@Everyone -

I'm soooo sorry for the delay. I've been a bit busy with getting back and community service things for school in the fall, and all that good stuff. Plus, I've been kind of putting it off until we can get our OOC thread up. Like I said, I submitted the OOC thread on the 20th of June, and it has full details on every character that I made up. I spent about two hours on it, and then stupidly didn't save it on my computer. I contacted one of the higher staff about at least getting the info back, but they didn't even answer me, not even directing me to someone who COULD help. So, I'll put another 'filler' mission up now, and in a few days when Red hopefully returns, we can get this sorted out. If I ccan't get anything back within the week, I'll remake everything. I'm so sorry you had to wait for this, guys!

Mission 3: The Great Egg-Swap!
(2-3 Posts)​
The man sat at the round table, watching...waiting for each one of them to go to sleep. Finally, the last 'camper' was gone, in for the night - hopefully. He silently rose, and quickly changed into his black attire. He sunk out into the black night, and made his way over to the girls' cabin. Once inside, he fingered his belt and ulled a pokeball from it, calling the Pokemon out. The ball made no noise or light - just a slight open and close, as the black Pokemon was released. It swept across the room, swiping what it was looking for, After it has retreived the objects, it made its way back to its owner, and handed him the group of shiny spheres. Together, they invaded the boys' cabin, much like they had the girls. Stuffing all of the objects into a sack, the duo ran towards the woods...

Okay, okay you all - settle down! I'm sure your eggs are going to be quite alright...no, no, we'll get them back! The ranch is in complete lockdown overnight, and besides, the security camera shows that whoever took your eggs brought them to the forest. All you have to do to get them back is go into the forest and, uh, search. I have a feeling that whoever took them couldn't have gotten very far... Oh, and remember, the forest is to the east of here! Now get going!​

Objective: You've all woken up to an unpleasent surprise - your eggs are missing! Your character goes into the forest to look for it... The forest is full of wild Pokemon from all over, so feel free to be creative with challenges and such - but remember, most of you are without Pokemon, for now! The eggs should be scattered around the forest, pretty close to the ranch. So don't go to far in! Also, during this mission...your eggs will hatch! So....​

PLEASE PICK ANY LEVEL 5 POKEMON OF YOUR TYPE, THEY CAN EVOLVE AT LEAST ONCE. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A BABY POKEMON, AS LONG AS IT EVOLVES AT LEAST ONCE AND MATCHES YOUR TYPE, YOU SHOULD BE OKAY.

@Arcaray - Your type is Fire.

@Fearless Love - Your type is Fighting.

@Kiyoshi - Your type is Dragon.

@Sweet Dreams - Your type is Dark.

@miley810 - Your type is Rock.

@Xlugon Pyro (If you're still here, and once you finish the second mission) - Your type is Water.

and finally, @DarkAngel - Your type is Ice.

As usual, this mission is a little sketchy, so if you have any questions, ask me! This should hopefully be the last of the confusing, disconnected chapters, and once I get all of the NPC data in, we'll be set! Thanks for being so tolerant, guys!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Chapter 3

Valentine was strolling to the main building for his next "mission," or so Derek liked to call them, with his beautiful indigo-

Valentine stopped dead. He wasn't quite sure why he stopped, but he started to look around his surroundings for the reason. The only movement was of the wind lightly pushing the trees and bushes, as if engaging them into a dance. Nothing was off around him.

He started to examine things about his person to see if something about himself was the culprit of his suspicion. His pants had nothing in their pockets, besides his switchblade. His sweatshirt was clean of anything weird. There was no part of him that was feeling tired or strained….

That's it. His egg wasn't putting stress on his arms. It was surprisingly light, almost like it was filled with air.

Maybe this was a sign that it was just about to hatch! Valentine, with no hesitation, looked down at his egg, almost ready to burst in some sort of smile.

….

No signs of hatching. Or the usual nice, cozy warmth he felt when carried it. Valentine went from this almost ecstatic to having a little feeling of dread. As per usual, more of his suspicion started to set in. He raised his egg above his head to look at its underside. No dirt. It was previously littered with little dry flakes of mud. He lowered it down to his chest again. Another thing was off; it was a perfect sphere. Pokemon eggs were slightly oval.

But, this was exactly where he placed his egg the previous night. This had to be his egg. Valentine continued to the main building, barely looking where he was going while peering at his "egg" for any more oddities. He rubbed it at bit, and its texture was scratchy and ridged.

"You know," he thought. "It kind of looks like one of those bouncy balls you play on your driveway with. Just like a…."

He threw his "egg" at the wall of the main building. It smacked on it with a trademark echoing "ba!" and ricocheted past Valentine; landing on the dew-graced land behind him. Just like he said, it was a freshly bought bouncy ball that just happened to be the same shade of indigo his egg was.

"My indigo prodigy…." He whimpered to himself. He looked down and grabbed his chest. He was feeling odd somehow, as if he hadn't felt this same feeling in a very long while.

He looked back up to the ball on the ground a little ways away. He finally got a hold of himself, and started thinking clearly. If this thing wasn't his egg, then where was it? He knew he wasn't carrying around a ball this entire time.

Derek. That son of a-

Valentine started to walk into the entrance of the main building, a dark look on his face for Derek. He burst through the doors to find the counselor sitting down and drinking coffee.

"Derek!" Valentine cried. The person in question looked over and gave a smile to greet him with. "Where is my egg?" Valentine interrogated. Derek's smile changed into a quizzical look.

Valentine explained how his egg was replaced by the ball this morning, and with each progressing word Derek grew more surprised and shocked. Derek went into a room where the video tapes were observed. Valentine was following close behind him, with hand on the switchblade residing in his pocket in case Derek pulled anything funny.

They watched the tapes, and it showed two figures: One person, and one smaller figure- probably a pokemon of sorts. They scooped up all the boys' eggs. Derek switched the tapes to the girls' cabin, and the same thing happened earlier. Derek tried looking to where the culprits went. Finally finding the right tape, both him and Valentine saw that the duo went into the woods. Derek had a sad and angry look on his face. Valentine let go of his concealed knife. If Derek was planning something in store for the ranchers, obviously his plan involved those eggs for some reason- either that or he planned on acting that it wasn't him.

But then again, why would Derek steal eggs he gave to ranchers, rather than keeping them in the first place? That didn't make sense.

Valentine heard murmuring coming from the main room where they just where. He walked out the door and followed the sound. There were several of the ranchers, all furious and egg-less. Derek came from the corner and started one of his declarative speeches.

"Okay, okay you all - settle down! I'm sure your eggs are going to be quite alright...no, no, we'll get them back! The ranch is in complete lockdown overnight, and besides, the security camera shows that whoever took your eggs brought them to the forest. All you have to do to get them back is go into the forest and, uh, search. I have a feeling that whoever took them couldn't have gotten very far... Oh, and remember, the forest is to the east of here! Now get going!"

What.

Derek was back under Valentine's murderous suspicion again more than ever. Valentine had it all figured out in his head. Derek obviously gave them the eggs and allowed enough time for the ranchers to grow attached. Then, he stole them in the night, disguised, and scattered them in the forest for the ranchers to go in and get killed by the wild, ravenous pokemon in the forest, ripping each of them of life limb by limb.

Derek went outside. "Probably going to watch," thought Valentine. The rest of the campers followed Derek and started for the forest, their faces creating a small sea of uneasiness, determination, concern, and fright. Valentine was thinking fast. He needed to find out a way to save that egg of his while escaping Derek's trap at the same time. But, how could he do that?

Valentine was walking behind everyone when he spotted who was the second-to-last behind the crowd. Her lab coat swished in the slight wind with fierceness. Valentine barely hesitated to grab her shoulder, causing her to stop.

"Jae," he said.

iaza12293495725100.gif

Valentine Curamos

Spoiler:

Last edited:

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
Chapter 3:

With a jolt, she woke from her dream. Though her nightmares were uncommon, they were relatively fast and horrific. This one, though short-lived, had rose out of nowhere. Alice had learned through practice how to snap herself out of any dream she dared not to face. This was one of those moments. Forgetting completely of what she had just encountered, she sat up on her bed to realize she had dozed off in the middle of the day; her soup bowl laid on the ground, thankfully not broken.

The girl rubbed her eyes, still tired. However, she knew that once she got up, it would be near impossible for her to lay back down again. Sliding off her bed, Alice grabbed her leather coat, flinging it on and slipping her arms through along with her other clothing which was put on her body. Something in the girl's mind told her she was forgetting one thing or another, but she merely ignored it, suspecting it was nothing of importance. Standing up, her dark eyes scanned something in the corner of her bed- her egg. Grinning, she reached for it, guessing she had kicked it off the bed on mere accident. Her eyes widened as she touched it.

This wasn't her egg. It COULDN'T be hers! Both Alice's anger and surprise flared up as she kept examining the ball. It had the same color, however, the 'dent' on the side from where the Rattatta bit her egg had vanished. The biggest change she found was its shape; too circular in appearance, including its texture which was too smooth for her egg. The 'egg' was also ridiculously light. Back when she was younger, she probably had one of these balls kept in her room. What a sick joke. Immediately, she pulled the covers off of everyone's beds, making a large 'stomp' with her leather boots on the ground. She felt her chain necklace jump at the force, along with the floorboards while the loud pounding sound echoed through the cabin. Alice watched their eyes flick open.

"Alright, listen up. Who was the sick f*ck who switched my egg?" Alice held up the circular black ball, slamming it with force as it recoiled off the ground and smacked the ceiling with a 'boing'. She snatched it back as it came down. No one had an answer, however at least one of them looked to be protesting. With a grim glare on her face, she stormed out of the cabin in rage. If Alice couldn't punch anyone's face in, she would have to go to Sir Derek about the issue; which may not have been as enjoyable, but good knowing there would be other punishments for the trickster.

Heading to the main room, she slammed the door open to find him and another student standing next to each other. Her narrowed eyes literally appeared to have flames in them, the orange in her pupil almost appearing to light up with anger. Alice demanded an explanation. Looking behind her, she noticed other campers walking inside. Each held other fake 'eggs' in their hands, all of them looking up to the saddened face of Derek. The girl's anger lessened. This wasn't a joke.

"Okay, okay you all- settle down! I'm sure your eggs are going to be quite alright...no, no, we'll get them back! The ranch is on complete lockdown overnight, and besides, the security camera shows that whoever took your eggs brought them to the forest. All you have to do to get them back is go into the forest and, uh, search. I have a feeling whoever took them couldn't have gotten very far. Oh, and remember, the forest is to the east of here! Now get going!

The hell? Was the man insane? Was he really going to send a whole bunch of kids to go out and catch a criminal? In the middle of a forest? Whatever. Anything to get her egg back. Walking outside with another student, she kept her tongue while she watched the boy glancing at the girl with the lab coat. Alice struggled not to burst out laughing, turning her head away so she could release the amused smile she was holding in.

"They are a wonderful couple, aren't they?" she joked to herself. Just yesterday the girl had seen them both feuding, arguing about how 'bad ass' they were. Watching them try to get their eggs back today would be a riot.

Walking near east, she studied the forest from afar, taking in the details. The sun was still peeking out from behind the green bushes, its sun rays reflecting off the clouds in the yellow sky. Alice reminded herself to sketch the view in her notebook once she came back with her egg. She had been neglecting her artistic abilities ever since she arrived at the ranch, and perhaps illustrating her own pokemon would be a good thing to do. Refresh her only profession. Then again, what the dark egg would hatch into, she had no guess- her knowledge of pokemon poor. It was only a matter of time before she would learn.

Last edited:

Arcaray

Tetris God.
Years
Chapter 3

"Agh! Son of a-"

Jae mumbled a continuous stream of curse words under her breath as she scrambled out of bed, rubbing her scalp where it had made contact with the unfamiliar bedpost. Bird pokemon were chirruping incessantly outside, each happy note punctuating a nerve in Jae's body.
Inhaling deeply through her nose, Jae glanced at the alarm clock beside her bed. Six thirty a.m. ... You're kidding, right? As light a sleeper as she usually was, Jae very rarely found herself up before 8, and she couldn't recall a time where she had ever been this alert upon awakening. She felt that she had barely slept at all, as if her night had been heavily disturbed. Considering that she had no recollection of rising in the night, she assumed that the disturbance was a combination of anger and hunger; even as the thought wandered across her mind, her stomach growled furiously.

"Oh shut up." Jae muttered irritably at her innards as she looked around her new residence for the summer. It was grubby, it was bare and it was certainly not any better than she'd expected.
Contemplating the consequences of accidentally setting the whole thing alight, Jae's shiny egg caught her eye as it glinted in the morning sun. Her face relaxing into a smile (or at least, less of a scowl), the girl picked up her companion-to-be. Holding it for no longer than a whole second, Jae allowed the egg to slip from her hands and fall onto the bed.

Something's wrong. The egg had previously been warm to touch, she could practically feel the life inside. Instead it felt hollow, cold, unfamiliar. A sense of panic arose in Jae. Had it died? Was it a bad egg? Would she be the only rancher without a brand new Pokemon?

She picked the egg up gingerly, examining it from all angles. No... It feels different. The shape wasn't quite right, the dirt from her labcoat and the ash marks from the vegetable patch hadn't seemed to take a hold on the egg...

Her panic turned to anger before the clock had turned to 6:33. This wasn't her egg. Leaving the imposter to roll from the bed to the hard floor, Jae grabbed her labcoat and fled the room. Sir Derek is going to wish he hadn't been born.

Jae stormed into the main building, the only sign of life being a half drunk mug of coffee on the table. Where is he, the complete--

The thought hung incomplete in her mind as Derek walked into the room, a rancher in tow. Valentine. If he had something to do with this... The room was filling with eggless ranchers now, and Jae's temper was close to boiling point.

"Oi! S*** for brains! Where the **** is my egg?" The words exploded out of Jae's mouth before she'd even chosen them, and not even Sir Derek seemed in the mood to knock her down a peg. Jae's breathing was shallow and uneven, and her anger manifested as her fellow ranchers began hurling their insults at their so-called superior.

"Okay, okay you all - settle down! I'm sure your eggs are going to be quite alright...no, no, we'll get them back! The ranch is in complete lockdown overnight, and besides, the security camera shows that whoever took your eggs brought them to the forest. All you have to do to get them back is go into the forest and, uh, search. I have a feeling that whoever took them couldn't have gotten very far... Oh, and remember, the forest is to the east of here! Now get going!"

The 'reassurance' of their counsellor did nothing for Jae's peace of mind. He didn't seem like he was about to do something about it, so let's make the troublemakers do it instead. What's he got to lose if we get into trouble trying to catch some criminal? Just a few less farmers.
And the forest? That place which is out of bounds? How convenient that must be. If this is some sort of trick...

The ranchers had began to trek towards the forest, Jae following with ferocity in every step. The closest she'd gotten to actually having a Pokemon... It wasn't about to get away from her that soon.

"Jae." A hand grabbed onto Jae's shoulder, breaking her from her reverie. She turned to see she was face to face with Valentine once more.

"Get your hand off me," She said is tensely. Friendship is weakness. Jae couldn't stand the idea of anyone seeing her as weak.
"Couldn't help but notice that you were the one accompanying our Great and Powerful Leader. Is your head firmly up his ass yet, or what?"

She wasn't about to trust this guy, but if Derek had nicked the eggs, perhaps he could give her a hand...

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
Years
Shirona woke up to find her egg gone. She stormed out of her room, still in her blue sweatpants and blue hoodie. All she had on were her blue flip-flops. Midnight was in her hood, looking around. After learning that she needed to go to the forest, she searched everywhere. She eventually found it and she held it close. It started glow and she set it down. Mommy? What's it doing? Midnight asked. "Hatching I think.", she said. After a few moment, the egg exploaded in a burst of white light. Sitting on the grass was a baby Eevee. "Huh?", Shirona said. The Eevee glowed white and changed shape into a graceful Glaceon. "Ooooo", She said. She held the baby and smiled. "Your a girl, so I'll name you Snowstar", Shirona said. She put the baby in her hoodie pocket and walked back...only to be stopped by an oddish. Midnight used Bite, quickly making it faint. They trekked back, where Shirona showed Sir Derek her baby. "It was an Eevee, then it evolved into a glaceon.", she said.

(The creative juices are not flowing today. Sorry for the shortness)

Fearless Love

self-proclaimed anime dork
Years
Chapter 3

Cheyenne groaned at the on again off again weight that appeared on her stomach. It was constant, and had been going on for quite a little while. She could tell this by how sore her stomach was feeling. She covered her eyes with one of her hands, continuing to groan. She rubbed her fingers across her eyes, trying to clear the sleep out of them. Once that was done efficient enough, she slowly opened them, leaving them slightly squinted. Due to how fast the thing was jumping up on her, it took her a minute to fully know what it was. But through her sleepiness, she managed to make out the little Caterpie's face.

Quickly, she smacked her hand down on the Caterpie's back, making it stay laying on her stomach, holding it there. She glared at it, wondering why it interrupted her sleep. The little Pokemon began squirming under her hand, trying to wiggle out of her grasp. She just gripped the little Pokemon tighter.

"What are you doing?" she asked through gritted teeth.

The little Pokemon squeaked and squirmed, finally getting out of her grasp. Her eyes followed it as it went to her right side, jumping up and down on one spot of the bed. She furrowed her brows, and the Pokemon whimpered a little. The Pokemon lay down on that spot of the bed, looking at her with pleading eyes.

She eyed the Pokemon for a few minutes, looking at it, and letting her eyes roam around, trying to see if there was anything around that had caused distress in the Caterpie. She stared at the Pokemon, and at the spot that it seemed to be making such a big fuss over. She thought back to the previous day, and as to what had happened, to see if anything jogged her memory.

Why would Caterpie this upset? I mean, the only thing it cares about is that stupid egg...WAIT A FREAKING MINUTE!!

She jumped into a sitting position, looking around frantically, looking for the object of the Pokemon's obsession. Of course, it was no where to be seen. She turned her body towards the Caterpie, her eyes wide.

"I thought you were suppose to protect it?!" she shouted, worry covering her voice.

Caterpie shied away from, pushing itself down onto the bed.

Cheyenne felt a twinge of guilt. It wasn't exactly the Caterpie's fault that the egg was missing.

"Alright. Whatever. What's done is done. It can't be changed. Let's just go find the dang egg." she mumbled, picking Caterpie up in her arms and standing from her bed.

Cheyenne made her way outside, with Caterpie in her arms. She soon realized that several of the other ranchers were outside as well, all fussing and complaining about something or another. Looking at each of them, she managed to pick up bits and pieces of conversations. It seemed their eggs were missing too.

Looks like we got some egg-snatchers around here. She thought to herself, tightening her grip on Caterpie.

Some of the ranchers complained louder than others, and she winced at the exact pitch their voices were at. She never liked loud noises, and she never dealt with too many. It was always just her dad and brother in the house, and usually it was just her brother. There was never a reason for any loudness, and she wasn't fond of it.

She sighed at the thought of her brother. It had been years, and yet he was still nowhere to be found. First Jayden disappears, and now my egg disappears. She was fairly certain these two things had nothing in common, but it still got under her skin.

Her head snapped up, and she saw two more people come out of one of the buildings. One was the Derek guy, and the other was the guy she had seen earlier, when she left her room for a while.

Before she could even think about it, she screamed, "Dude! Where the hell is my egg?!"

"Okay, okay you all - settle down! I'm sure your eggs are going to be quite alright...no, no, we'll get them back! The ranch is in complete lock down overnight, and besides, the security camera shows that whoever took your eggs brought them to the forest. All you have to do to get them back is go into the forest and, uh, search. I have a feeling that whoever took them couldn't have gotten very far... Oh, and remember, the forest is to the east of here! Now get going!" she heard Derek say.

The forest? He wants us to go search for our eggs in the freaking forest?! She shook her head. One day of being here, and things are already going wrong. It seemed everyone was heading towards the forest, and since Cheyenne preferred to not go in on her own, she decided to follow.

As she walked, Caterpie jumped out of her arms, landing beside her, obviously wanting to walk on its own. She turned her head so she was capable of seeing the Pokemon, and smiled lightly. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw two of the ranchers stop. This made her walking motions cease, and she half turned to see who it was who had stopped. She recognized that it was the boy who had come out with Derek, and the girl, whom she wasn't all too familiar with, who she had found out could be pretty loud when she wanted to be.

She raised her brow, wondering what they were talking about. It seemed like they were quite acquainted with one another, something she knew she should make a note of. She smiled to herself, grabbing the camera around her neck. Her memory could be so horrible at times, so pictures were her best way of reminding herself of things.

She pulled her camera up, focusing on the two talking. She took a moment to steady her camera, fidgeting slightly, trying to make sure she would be able to identify both of them later on, looking back on the photo. Once that was accomplished, she readied her finger over the 'snap' button. Before anything could happen that would ruin her shot, she pressed her finger down on the button. Once she was sure the picture had been taken properly, she checked the quality. Then, she smiled to herself. This would work. It would be sufficient for later.

She felt a tug on her leg, and looked down at Caterpie. It pointed its tail to the forest. She let her gaze travel that way and she jumped, gasping.

"Oh Sh-" she bit down on her lip, looking to where the other ranchers had been. In the time she wasted getting the picture of those two, the rest of the ranchers had already gone into the forest, and she could no longer see them. "This is just great."

She really didn't want to go in there on her own. Sure, she had Caterpie, but would that be enough to protect her if anything attacked her? She fidgeted with her feet, picking Caterpie up in her arms. She glanced back and forth from the forest to the two ranchers, trying to decide what to do. She could go with Caterpie and search for her egg on her own. Or she could wait until those two went into the forest, following after them.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Another Joint Post!
I'm going to VM you, Fearless Love, since this three member meet up post coming up needs to get all organized.

But, for now, enjoy this second Jae/Valentine encounter, guys!

UPDATE: Now with the wonderful Fearless Love as Cheyenne!

UPDATE AGAIN: Valentine ending chapter three is now added! It gets a bit gruesome, so be prepared with your Linkin Park background music. It fully makes use of the T rating. Please note that I plan to make Valentine's Pokemon symbolic to him, and I'm saying that for reference so you don't think I'm a murderous bastard or anything :/
WHAT DO I MEAN BY THAT?! WELL YOU'RE JUST GONNA HAVE TO READ, HM!

----

"Get your hand off me," She said is tensely. Friendship is weakness. Jae couldn't stand the idea of anyone seeing her as weak.
"Couldn't help but notice that you were the one accompanying our Great and Powerful Leader. Is your head firmly up his ass yet, or what?"

She wasn't about to trust this guy, but if Derek had nicked the eggs, perhaps he could give her a hand...

Valentine's hand was ripped from Jae's shoulder with the same fiery rage she used to fuel her words with. Even though he knew she would do something like this, he still flinched a bit at her reaction due to its intensity. He quickly regained himself, and put himself into a calm disposition.

"I wouldn't trust that bastard even if his throat was under my knife." He retorted.

Jae eyed the boy suspiciously, but silently approved. She despised herself for it, but Valentine was beginning to grow on her. She kept her steely composition however, and refused to drop her guard. She knew it was foolish to trust anyone, and this guy was no different.

"Level with me then, Val. Did he take my egg?" The emphasis Jae put onto the word "Val" was almost mocking. She smirked slightly as she said it, careful not to sound too friendly.

"Let me start at the beginning," Valentine said firmly, ignoring any power struggle Jae was possibly integrating in her speech. "Your real name is Jaclyn. Your real hair color is blonde. You're from Ecruteak. You were orphaned when your parents and adopted brother were killed in a fire." Valentine paused for any response she had, and knowing Jae, braced for something violent.

Jae's eyes widened at Valentine's words, blood pounding in her ears. She could barely manage anything other than a snarl, and so she grabbed his wrist tightly with her deceivingly strong fingers and pulled him to the side of the forest. Upon seeing that they were alone, Jae released her grip. She forced an eerie calm upon herself, her eyes glinting in the shadows of the trees.

"Look, bucko. You're going to tell me how you know this, and you're going to tell me now. If you know all that about me, then you'll almost definitely know that I'm not afraid to burn down a room filled with people. Lie to me, and I'll find out. Are we clear?"

Her teeth were bared, and she was inches away from Valentine's face. It was obvious that he was in this with Derek; how else would he have known?

Valentine remained his composure, and finally overcame his quagmire of stress from the previous night. He felt strong, even when Jae was forcefully digging her nails into his wrist and spraying venom in his face with her words.

"There's a run-down cabin in the outskirts of the main building. Right before we were given the vegetable-picking job, I stumbled upon it and looked in it. When I examined inside, I found files. They were on every rancher here. I went to grab my file, but I ended up grabbing yours, too. Curious about the resident pyromaniac, I only read yours and it described you.... in shocking detail. Everything you could imagine. I also found this," Valentine paused for a moment and uncapped the switchblade while it was in his pocket and lifted it towards Jae. He motioned his eyes to let go of his wrist.

The resident pyromaniac. Jae liked that. She let go of Valentine's wrist as she contemplated what he said. As she had done so he had pulled out a small blade, to which Jae smirked.
"A switchblade, huh? You're going to need a lot more than that to scare me, hun."
What Jae did fear was Valentine's knowledge. How much was in that file? The idea of people knowing her made her uneasy, to say the least.

She kept her composure however, although her tongue was considerably less acidic now.

"So, you happened to stumble across my file. Funny, Witton and Curamos aren't usually next to each other in the alphabet..."
Jae interrogated Valentine calmly, although she was fairly certain he wasn't lying. She could sniff out a lie without too much difficulty, and this guy... She could read him quite well indeed, and there was no sign of deceit.

Valentine hadn't quite thought of that. They weren't in alphabetical order. This filled him with dread. Did the order mean something? He made sure Jae had no idea what he was thinking, if she were to distrust him completely, they would both be corpses soon enough. And as much as the thought of Jae's dead body didn't strike any concern in his heart, it would mean the end of any hope he had for surviving himself. She was probably the only capable one out of the bunch of groaning hormone-fueled ranchers there besides him, and facing Derek alone might end up with his body being in a shallow grave.

"Whatever the order, that thing had everything on you. I assume the same for mine and everyone else's. It even listed the length of your limbs. Explain to me how files like those exist in a cabin that, through any other extent, was abandoned and forever banished to be filled with nothing but darkness?"

The length of my limbs? Jae glanced down at her own arms instinctively, and then back at the ranch buildings. Well. That's just creepy. She looked back at Valentine, slightly annoyed that he saw it fit to read her file. For once, she swallowed her pride and tackled the task at hand.

"Right. Say that I believe that you accidentally came across my file, and that I believe this grade A dung that you're flinging my way. You think Derek knows about it?"
Jae didn't trust Valentine, but she trusted Derek a whole lot less. So much so in fact, that her voice was as civil as it had ever been. To compensate, she wore a mocking smile on her thin-lipped mouth.

"And the eggs... Him as well?"

Valentine read the expression on her face. If she didn't believe him somewhat, she wouldn't be humoring him.

"You gotta wonder, Jae," he said as he twirled the switchblade in his hand, to show a little backbone to Jae. "Even if my story is bogus and I'm just some lying lunatic, why wouldn't Derek take responsibility for having his ranch grounds invaded and having things stolen from them? He is in charge of protecting us." He paused to have Jae chew on that for a second. "Then after that, why would he make us go into a forest, full of Pokémon that wouldn't hesitate to make us their supper, for eggs that might not be for-sure still in there?" He paused again for another moment, closely watching Jae's reaction. Oh, how was Valentine keeping himself from exploding.

"Can't this girl just believe me already?" He frantically thought.

"From where I'm standing," he continued, "I'm seeing him using the bond we have with our eggs to send us to the death. And whoever actually survived and brought back their egg," Valentine, making another pause like it was his trademark, eyeing the switchblade in his hand, "he probably would have something else in store to get rid of them."

Jae nodded slowly, decided to give up any charade of disbelief. If Valentine was correct, she was better off at his side. He proved to be somewhat useful at digging up information.

"That's exactly what I had thought. Sending a bunch of idiot ranchers - excluding myself of course - into the forests? Not exactly the most responsible man in the world. He's either up to something, or he's incredibly stupid."

Jae tutted as Valentine twirled the knife in his hand, attempting to look tough. As idiotic as it looked, Jae took it as a compliment to her ego that he saw it as necessary to look like a badass in front of her. "Either way, I'm not about to let my egg just sit in that forest. I'm tougher than anything in that place, and I'm pretty sure I can handle Sir Derek's crap too."

She walked away from him, her hands balled into fists. She paused a few feet away, but didn't turn around.

"You coming, or what?"

"Oh, thank God." Valentine thought to himself as he scurried to just beside to her. Now that the pyro is sort of believed him, maybe they both had a chance for whatever Derek might have in store for them. As they walked into the entrance of the forest, Valentine noticed it was a bit cold and the wind was picking up somewhat. Jae appeared unaffected and was making firm, powerful steps. Valentine's mind started to wander now that he felt safe, somewhat, what with this lethal firecracker at his side.

He started to wonder back to Derek's expression when they were discovering the eggs were stolen and scattered.

"What if Derek had nothing to do with this? What if he's just a dolt like Jae has said...." He internally pondered, "Then what is this all about?"

He thought like this constantly as the two walked and examined their area. Then Valentine spotted a moving humanoid figure on the path they were just walking, its full figure hidden by the brush.

Derek? Henchman? Pokémon? Real Perpetrator?

"Jae!" He exclaimed. "We got company!" Valentine saw Jae turn her head backwards from the corner of his eye, as if she was skeptical, and then turning completely around in a prepared fighting stance when she saw what he was talking about.

To both of their curiosity, a girl appeared before them. Valentine recognized her from working in the patch, hold the looks-like-she-just-got-out-of-bed look that all the ranchers had been plastered on with that morning because of Derek's scheme. She was the one with the camera slung around her neck, as she had on that moment. Valentine paused and looked at Jae.

They seemed pretty ridiculous looking all tense to a girl who, so far, showed no potential threat. Valentine loosened up.

"Um…. Hi," He said.

They act like I'm gonna murder them. Cheyenne thought to herself, holding Caterpie tighter.

"... Hi right back at ya." she said slowly. She stood there awkwardly for a minute, realizing how weird it must have been if they had noticed her take that picture of them. "I'm Cheyenne."

Valentine eyeballed this girl. She seemed innoccent enough, what with the caterpie cradled in her arms. That little bug was doing the same to him and Jae, appearing ready to pounce if they come closer to its master without permission. Valentine looked at Jae, who was pursing her lips and not responding.

"Might as well be me doing the talking," he thought.

"Well, it's nice to finally know your name. Uh, I'm Valentine," he said, awkwardly gesturing, "and this is Jae."

Jae simply turned her head.

"So.... looking for your egg, too, hm?"

Cheyenne rolled her eyes and nodded. "Yeah. It seems some idiot decided it'd be a good idea to snatch my egg."

She sighed and placed Caterpie on the ground, patting it's head quickly. Standing straight, she grabbed the camera around her neck and started searching through the few photos she had taken. When she found the one she had taken of her egg, and she took a moment observe it, making sure when she found it, that she would know it.

After a moment, she glanced up from her camera, and then just let it fall back around her neck.

"Valentine. Jae." she repeated, looking from one to the other. "Got it." this was more of a memory precaution for herself. Saying it outloud made it easier for her to remember it.

The freaking camera! How could I have not guessed?! She's been taking pictures for Derek, hasn't she? Gathering information! Now she knows our names! Jae is going to be pissed and we're both dead! What-

...."W- what am I saying?" Valentine thought accompanying the mental freakout he just experienced. Valentine was spazzing himself out again. But this "Cheyenne" was a tad bit suspicious. What was that camera for, anyway?

Might as well ask.

"Say, Cheyenne," He began, "You take a lot of pictures?"

Cheyenne looked at him with a bit of surprise. Sure, people had asked her about her camera before, but usually in a lot ruder manor. She just fidgeted with the camera, glancing down and smiling at Caterpie as it rubbed against her leg. With a sigh, she looked back up at Valentine.

"It's basically a memory tool for me." she said, playing with the string on her camera.

With that thought, she pulled her camera back up to her eyes. She focused the camera on Valentine, and quickly snapped the picture. She pulled the camera down, checking the picture, then pulled the camera off from around her neck. She turned it around to show him the picture.

"See? It's so I don't forget. People, places, events." she sighed, thinking about some of the older pictures she had on that camera. It had been a present from her brother, years ago. So pictures of her father and brother, and the events of that night still resided in the camera.

"What a likely story," He thought. However, he just couldn't drop his suspiscions. Taking a picture of specifically him? What other pictures could be on the camera....

"Mind if I just take a look at the pictures you took so far?" He asked casually, quickly glaring towards the Caterpie giving him dirty looks and back to Cheyenne. "It looks like you'd be a great photographer, and I'm curious."

If she was associated with Derek, or whoever this culprit is, he had to make sure this girl wasclean. She seemed too nice.

Cheyenne thought for a moment. Her camera really had nothing to hide. She'd only taken a handful of pictures since arriving at the ranch, and her past was common knowledge to most of the kids she had gone to school with. She fidgeted with the camera a little, shifting through the photos herself.

Sighing, she held out the camera for him to take. "Sure." she said, shrugging. "And thanks."

She only slightly remembered all of the pictures on the camera. She had gotten the camera the day before the accident had happend. So she only really had a few good photos of her brother and father. The majority of them were pictures she had taken at the lake, and a few of the accident itself. She had deleted most of the pictures she had taken during school, as most of them were classmates, and she no longer needed to remember them. Nor did she want to.

Valentine flipped through the pictures. There was the one of him, one of him and Jae talking (odd), one of a caterpie wrapped around an egg, one or two of a lake, a murder.

What.

Valentine had no idea what to say to this. Did he even dare to say anything about it? He looked over at Jae once more, she was looking through some of the brush in her silence.

Valentine gave the camera back to Cheyenne. Valentine sighed a little, eyebrows painted with confusion.

What did that all mean?

"Well, those were, um, interesting." Valentine struggled to say.

Cheyenne rolled her eyes, putting the camera back around her neck. "I take pictures of everything I need to remember." she responding, flipping through the photos.

She sighed, letting the camera fall around her neck. She picked Caterpie up again, glancing between Valentine and Jae. "You probably think it's weird, right?" she asked, holding Caterpie tighter. "The. . not so pleasant photos."

She turned her attention to the forest, where everyone else had gone. This reminded her of why she was out here in the first place. Not to converse with these two, but to find her egg, and maybe the person who snatched it.

"We aren't getting anywhere if we stand here all day." she said, sending both of them a glance.

Valentine definately felt a little shocked and awkward. For now, this girl seemed fine, real. She didn't seem like she was hiding anything. Valentine gave her a chance.

"You're right. We can talk later. It's still very nice to meet you." Valentine managed to utter.

Valentine called over Jae and the three of them walked together to find the eggs. They finally reached a clearing, the sky barely peering through the tall trees. In the middle of the field, there was three bulb-shaped things intwined with grass and dirt.... Valentine tried to make out the colors. Orange, Red, and a blue-like color, but a bit darker, like indigo.

Indigo. Those were eggs.

Valentine stood still. He just stared at the eggs for afar, them just sitting there in the mound of grass. The indigo of his personal egg almost was creating a light of its own with its shimmering glory. It was beautiful, even from a distance. Valentine wanted to stretch out and just grab it from here, serenading it with words of sympathy and apologies for losing it. Just the thought of re-holding it close to himself was so magical, it felt like this opportunity was made of pure dreams.

….Still not budging. Even Jae and Cheyenne were almost right next to the eggs in front of him, walking with no hesitation. What was wrong with him? Oh, right. Derek.

Valentine understood what his subconscious was warning him of. The eggs were left perfectly out in the open, with only the trees bordering the clearing as their company. He searched around. It's was Derek's trap. This was his plan. This is how he chose to specifically take care of him, Jae, and Cheyenne. But how did he know that the trio would end up together in the forest? He's probably learned so much about our psyche from those files that he knew that the three of us would be in a group, and planted the eggs accordingly. Bastard. Bastard. The only way for Valentine to get his indigo mystery was to step right into Derek's death trap, whatever it may be.

"No, no, this can't be the only way. Please." He whimpered to himself. He felt like he was losing his mind trying to figure out what to do. He looked at the other two trainers, content with reuniting with their eggs. "Why can't that be me?" he thought.

He tried to reassure himself of his safety by reminding himself he is pseudo-teamed up with a pyromaniac and a girl that photographs murder, of all things. These two wouldn't go down without a fight no matter the form it took. He finally found the courage to stride over, fists clenched, to the middle of the clearing, where he was finally standing right in front of the indigo egg. In his eyes, it looked like it wobbled as if to say,

"Hi Daddy! Boy, did I miss you! Where have you been? Give me a hug, silly!" and he imagined it like the creature inside was smiling the most adorable grin ever to stretch across any creature who walks, squirms, or wobbles on the land or in the sea. A tear almost fell out of Valentine's eye; and for the first time, he actually cracked a smile, however subtle it was. He picked up the egg and lifted it over his head. Dirt spots. Those glorious dirt spots.

He lowered it. It was oval shaped, too. This was his egg. There was no mistaking it. Its warmth heated his skin, and vibrated its message of safety and happiness into Valentine's entire body. Valentine clenched it to his chest and hugged it tightly.

Crack.

Valentine eyes opened wide, and he glared at the egg. D- Did the noise come from it?

Craaaacccckkkk.

It sounded like leaves breaking under a person's foot. It was oddest noise, and it sounded like it was coming right from the indigo marvel. But…. nothing was changing about it.

Then it struck Valentine. He was only looking at it from one side. He slowly turned it around. The egg was developing a crack. Valentine began to put his hand to it. That only caused it to chip further and make that odd noise again. Valentine eyes finally lost the battle and water started pouring down his face. His egg was lost. It probably smashed against the ground too hard when it was being placed, or hit something hard along the way, but that didn't matter. Whatever had had happened, the egg broke and the Pokémon residing within was killed in the process, having the shell pieces jammed into its body.

"No." Valentine whispered into its crack while raising it up to his face in his arms. "No…." This couldn't be; his indigo prodigy was dead. Dead. Dea-

Crraacckk.

Valentine opened his eyes again. He didn't do anything this time for it to crack. Was it- was it cracking on its own? Movement from within the egg shoved itself from the crack and bumped Valentine's noise. Valentine looked over to his companions. The same thing was happening to theirs. He directed his attention back to his egg.

CRACK, CRUNCH, CRRAACCK CRUNCH

It was pulsating more and more, something trying to free itself from inside the egg using the crack as a door. It finally broke through somewhat, and Valentine saw a scaly back and a tail finally poking out. "This thing's alive!" He thought.

Finally, whatever it was gave a forceful smash with its back and broke its indigo prison. The being was immediately caught into Valentine's arms, it recoiling a bit from its breaking push on Valentine's chest a little and ending up in a lying down position in his arms and clenching its teeth from the little pain it felt from the previously mentioned bump. The shell remnants scattered on the dirt floor below them.

Valentine looked curiously at the Pokémon lying in his arms. This- this was what he was waiting so eagerly for. This was what was in his indigo treasure. No, this is his indigo treasure. The egg was just a container.

…. But, um, what was this? Valentine had never seen one of these one of these before. The poor thing was still clenching its teeth and slightly flailing its arms from the mild pain it was feeling in the back of its neck, and was shivering from the introduction from its warm capsule to the chill morning air. Valentine was examining it.

Its feet were pointed into two points per foot, it had a yellow triangle on its belly, it had two, little arms, it had two little fangs protruding from its mouth on each side and had a yellow jaw to match its belly triangle, two holes for ears that were surrounded by yellow circles, and it had two eyes on each side (closed right now) that came out of what looked like a silver mullet made of steel; and its skin was a beautiful shade of indigo, matching the shell it came out of.

"B- B- Bay," it cried softly as it endured the pain. It probably seemed like a whole lot more than it was since it hadn't felt pain in all of its existence up to this point. Valentine didn't want to bear seeing his indigo creature feeling grief. He put his hand on the back of its neck and rubbed it slightly. The tiny beast sighed with relief and content on having its pain soothed away by a tender, caring hand. Accompanying his compassion for his newborn, Valentine couldn't help but feel baffled at trying to put a name to what it was. He started to search through his head. Thankfully, the more he thought about it, the more he regained a faded memory of a class he wasn't paying attention in. The class was discussing all the known species of Pokémon. He knew he was staring at the screen at the time, watching the images of Pokémon galore, but his mind was miles away. All he got from the memory was that that day they were discussing Pokémon originally discovered and inhabiting the Hoenn region, and that this guy was probably apart of the bunch. He stopped his trip on memory lane when the pocket monster tried to budge his eyes open. They were fidgeting and slightly cracked when they sealed shut just as before, apparently from pain.

"Bay! Bay!" it yelped. The light was hurting its newly introduced eyes. Valentine bounced it up and down a little. He started to talk to it softly, trying to calm it down. On the outside, he was perfectly calm in tending to his prodigy. On the inside, however,

"Crap crap crap crap calm down calm down calm down calm down please please please please!" he thought as he frantically tried of ways to tame his creature. He even started to sing a little.

Sure enough, the miniature indigo terror calmed and even started to smile. "Bay~" it said as it rolled in its master's comfortable arms. Valentine suddenly remembered that Pokémon usually say their names or something close to it. His indigo pet was constantly saying "Bay," so the species probably started with the same Ba or Bay sound.

The Ba or Bay monster that was almost laughing its tiny squeals in joy for the big thing, presumably its parent, it was resting on and making all its pain go away. It again started to crack open its eyes open to meet Valentine. Its eyes were finally adjusting to the world's light and were completely open. From the expression in its pupils, Valentine justified it was probably only seeing blurs right then as the final tweaks set in. It blinked twice quickly and looked straight at him, making perfect eye-contact.

"Bay?" It questioned Valentine. It was probably asking it Valentine was its maker, the big thing in question making it feel relaxed. Valentine nodded his head slightly. "Bagon!" it joyfully cried for meeting it's "dad" for the first time.

"Bagon. So that's what it is," Valentine thought to himself, glad to have the mystery gone. He still didn't have much knowledge on it, but he planned to learn through the rest of his life with it.

Valentine turned over to Jae and Cheyenne. And tilted his arms to showcase his little buddy. "Hey guys, look, I got a Bagon!" he said as he eyed the others' too. Jae got what he believed to be a Charmander, or something to the tune of that, recalling it was very popular starter Pokémon in the Kanto region. Cheyenne had what looked like a tiny humanoid Pokémon with floppy ears, something that was maybe called a Roulou or Rilou or something. When the Bagon saw their company it let out a cry of utter terror.

"Baybaybaybay Bagon baaaayyy!" It whined into Valentine's chest as it turned its head and closed it eyes. It rubbed its head on him a little and let out a little "Bay!" to finish, and then opened its eyes, littered with tears, directly into Valentine's pupils, piercing his soul in the process.

"Little guy must not like company," Valentine said out loud, trying to explain the Bagon's weird and sudden behavior. Valentine stroked the creature's rock head with the softest touch he could manage. It enjoyed that and calmed right down. "Whew. Now that that's over with," he thought, "this shy killer needs a name."

"I've already given you an array of different names in my head, buddy." Valentine said to the Bagon, who was trying to understand what the humble giant was saying. "Um, let's see. Indigo something. Indigo…. marvel? No. Um, Indigo…." Valentine just gave out whatever he was thinking, and the Bagon lowered its lids in concern for its guardian. The giant looked troubled as far as he could tell. The Bagon tried its best to sit up in its master's arms and licked Valentine's face a little to cheer him up.

"Hey," Valentine said playfully. The Bagon silently rejoiced for curing its apparent creator of its worries. "How about you be named Indigo Prodigy?" Valentine finally decided. The Pokémon looked un-phased by the statement. It simply looked at him and blinked. "That's right," Valentine realized, "You have no idea what I'm saying, do you?"

The Bagon blinked again. It smiled, raised its arms towards Valentine's face and said "Bagon!" as if to play a game of lets-reply-to-your-noise-with-my-noise. Valentine tried to think of ways to bring the name across. He started to point at the Bagon's belly.

"Indigo Prodigy. Indigo Prodigy." Valentine said as he constantly pointed his finger. The Bagon was looking down at this strange action its master was doing. W- what was it? Is it referring to him?

"Bay?" it said quizzically. It wasn't getting it. Valentine then poked the Bagon as he said for a third time, "Indigo Prodigy!" in a playful fashion. The Bagon managed a little laugh from the silly action that tickled him. It looked back up to the giant and said "Bagon!" with gusto.

"It still probably has no idea what I'm doing or saying," Valentine concluded. "Oh well, it'll probably get it after a while." Valentine shifted his arms so that the Bagon was comfortably clutched in his arms, with the creature's stubs for arms slouched over his own. The creature constantly looked around, and grew more uneasy with its surroundings. It only wanted to look at its dad. Looking at its dad meant nothing else mattered but its own safety. It meant being constantly graced with his love, and always having that magical touch to stop any worries and pain it felt. This area, filled with giant brown things topped with green stuff surrounding them scared him. The thing tried to justify that the giant it called dad was around him always, and that he should be fine.

Oh, if only his master had the same feeling of safety.

Valentine resumed right where he left of being suspicious. And now with the addition of the small creature he had to protect in his arms, he felt more paranoid then ever. The three humans there eyed each other to leave. They took one step and-

Scree?

Valentine's heart stopped and so did all movement. Indigo Prodigy's eyes grew wide. Valentine looked up at the trees. There they were, hundreds of them, who were previously blended into the shadows of the leaves but clear as day now.

They were Zubat.

All of them were asleep, expect for the one that made the noise. "Scree?" it said again.

"Why is it crying?" he thought. "Wait, Zubats are blind. It can't see us. Why would it be….? Crap. Echolocation. It wasn't looking at us, it was detecting us. Okay, that's fine. It should see us as no threat, I mean, there wasn't anything of value here besides the eggs-"

"Crap! Zubats eat eggs!" Valentine said quite loud, scaring the dickens out of Indigo Prodigy, who looked up at him, not knowing what he was saying but obviously seeing that something was disturbing his master.

SCRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE!

The one Zubat had shouted at the top of its lungs to alert the rest of the herd. It then swooped down at the trio and their Pokémon, trying to attack them. The Zubats made various noises, knew what was going on, and then made the same horrible noise, and doing the same action.

Indigo Prodigy's eyes grew wide and bold as it saw the fog of Zubats that swarmed above them. He didn't know what was going or what the things were, but they was screaming wretched noises, were constantly moving and freaking out his master. The Bagon started to cry. "Bay! Bagon! Baybaybaybay!"
Valentine looked all around him in terror. Derek you ****ing bastard. These things were going to rip apart the trio, limb by li- wait. No! Valentine had a Pokemon now! It knew moves! It had power beyond that of any imagination!

Valentine set Indigo Prodigy on the ground. The little Bagon stumbled and landed in a sitting down position. It cried louder, terrified that not only was the mass of flying things swooping down and attacking everyone, but now his master was not surrounding him with protection. As the seconds pasted, the more its cry got louder and more frantic, flailing its arms and flinching around in panic.

"Crap. I forgot this thing was a baby for a second. It doesn't even know how to stand, let alone battle!" He thought. He had to think fast, the Zubat were closing in on them. Valentine managed to remember that Pokémon had instincts. They know how to use their power from the start, but it needs to be brought out by danger or threat. He grabbed Indigo Prodigy by his back in one hand.

"Make me proud, buddy!" He said as he threw the Bagon at the sky of Zubats. "Baaaayyyyyy!" it screamed right before something in it triggered. Its eyes focused on one juicy Zubat as it saw him and swooped. The Bagon licked its lips and revealed its sharp fangs. The Zubat landed perfectly in its mouth, and Indigo Prodigy sunk its teeth into the prey's body. The Zubat cried in pain, which only made Indigo Prodigy hungrier. It punctured its teeth down more into it, causing the body of the Zubat to start to break into two and scream louder.

Valentine positioned himself just right to catch Indigo Prodigy. "Please be okay," he prayed. He didn't see what was about to come next. The Bagon landed in his arms, safe and sound, and Valentine almost released his breath in relief if he hadn't started to fell liquid trickle down his arms. Valentine tilted his head to see what Indigo Prodigy was doing. His eyes grew with confusion and fear when he saw the Zubat's flesh being ripped right from its body, blood spraying everywhere all over the Bagon and Valentine's arms. Valentine couldn't describe the feeling he felt as he heard the Zubat's increasing gargled cries as it drowned in its own blood. Finally, through all the torture it put the Zubat through, Indigo Prodigy cracked open its mouth wide again and ripped the poor thing it was holding's head off, allowing even more blood to trickle on Valentine and the ground.

"In- Indigo Pro-" Valentine started as he saw the Bagon look towards him with these eyes. These weren't painted with the same sensitivity they had before. This was rage. The Bagon then jumped up again, grabbing more un-expecting Zubats in its hands by their wings. As it land on the ground, it ripped one wing from both the Zubats and ate them. Ate them. The one-winged Zubats flopped on the ground before Indigo Prodigy decided he wasn't done being hungry. He ripped apart each one quickly, eating whatever he found fitting in no particular order. Despite the cries above him, Valentine could only hear the howling cries of Indigo Prodigy's victims. Once the current ones were good and dead, the previously scared-to-the-bone Bagon again jumped up, and then used its head to pelt more of the poor Zubats to the ground, this time at least five, right next to Valentine.

There's probably no point in explaining in depth what happened next. Of course, Indigo Prodigy was continuing his violence binge and went down to the Zubats, ripping off heads, disemboweling them, and even biting down on one in a way where he pierced one of the main arteries so blood embellished Valentine's person even more. This continued for a while until most of the Zubat were killed by the trio's Pokémon or retreated. Valentine helplessly watched every single kill his prodigy made, eating whatever it pleased.

Finally, there was just one delirious Zubat left, flying in circles and suffering from a damaged wing. Indigo Prodigy looked upwards, still locked in his rage. It jumped up and grabbed the sucker, smashing it to the ground with his iron head. Once landing right near the victim, he grabbed it, and readied for the signature bite of death. Suddenly, Indigo Prodigy heard something.

"Stop it! Stop it! Right now, stop!"

It was Valentine. Once he stopped pleading, his heart pounded with intensity and was breathing heavy, looking up at his Pokemon. Indigo Prodigy blinked his eyes a couple of times and frantically looked around. Where was he? What's happening? What-

SCREESCREESCREEEESCREEEE!

Indigo Prodigy noticed the screaming and injured Zubat in his hand. Its mouth was jostling up and down, and it was flinching with panic and despair. It frightened Indigo Prodigy, especially since it was right next to his face. He let go of it, only for it to flop aimlessly on the ground. The Bagon wobbled a bit. It was standing? It plopped immediately to the ground.

But something was weird. His bottom felt welt. Indigo Prodigy looked around. Red. Everywhere. All red. He was completely coated in it. Things that were oozing the red that looked like portions of the creature he was just holding in his hand scattered the ground. His stomach was full, even though it had been completely empty just a moment ago. His dad wasn't around him to make it all better. He couldn't help to lose himself in a sea of tears. He was completely confused and upset, and wanted his guardian so much. He didn't want to be there.

Please make it go away. Please. What's wrong with the screaming thing? What is the red? Why was it wet? Oh, just please hold me. Hold me.

Indigo Prodigy felt a presence, but he was too upset to figure out what it was. He just kept crying. He wanted his Daddy. He wanted the bad things to go away. It wasn't like this before.

Valentine was looking over the squabbling Zubat. "It can't live like this," he thought. Hesitantly, he pulled out his switchblade and uncapped it. He pinned the creature down to make sure its neck was steady, even though everything else on it was twitching frantically. It was in pain.

Valentine made a straight line with the blade. It was like cutting into butter. The Zubat twitched a bit after that was done, but then stopped to lye in rest forever. Valentine wiped his blade on a clean part of his already bloody sweatshirt, and then placed it back into his pockets. Valentine turned his head to his crying prodigy. It was completely losing it, stuttering over its own words and blinded by its copious tears. Valentine looked around. Jae and Cheyenne had already left and he was all by himself. Valentine looked back at the upset Bagon.

"What are you?" He asked. The Bagon gave no answer but his constant flood of sadness. Valentine got up and picked the crying beast in his arms so it was lying down. The tears stopped.

M- Master?

It opened its eyes. It was his protector. The Bagon finally went to peace and fell right asleep. It was safe now. Valentine knew that the rampage was probably something that it didn't intended or remember. It wasn't its fault, it was just triggered. It didn't know how to control it.

Valentine sighed and started to walk out of the clearing. He remembered that he was drenched in blood. Well at least Derek will think twice before putting traps like this again.

Valentine made it to the main building, not bothering to change. He stood calmly with eyelids half lowered in front of Derek and the entire group, apparently being the last one to get there. The Counselor noticed him and stared at the fresh red stains that covered his entire person. The other ranchers looked at him with disgust and awe. Everyone taped with their own unique expression.

Valentine shifted his eyes back and forth, sighed, and then asked "What?" almost menacingly.

Last edited:

Arcaray

Tetris God.
Years
Chapter 3

"Jae! We got company!"

Jae span on her heel at Valentine's cry, her hand reaching for her pocket. Not that a tiny flame would be much use, but whatever... Her heart pounded hysterically as her mind flitted through possible scenarios of what may happen next. What if it was a henchman of Derek's, who'd heard them talking and had come to finish them off? What if it was the egg-thief, who'd lured them here for an attack? What if...

What if it's just some other Rancher? Jae glared at Valentine as the girl with the stupid camera poked her head around the trees, shyly looking in on the situation. 'We got company'... I thought we were about to get knifed...

Jae rolled her eyes and turned her back on the girl, gesturing towards Val to do the same. To her great annoyance, Valentine instead decided to talk to the rancher, even choosing to look through her camera. What is this, holiday camp? My egg is missing, and he's looking at pictures?

Jae sighed loudly and constantly until Val - and to her distaste, the girl - turned their attention to the task at hand. The three searched for their respective eggs, coming to a small clearing before much time had passed.

It was then that a thought hit Jae, causing her to stop in her tracks. What if her Pokemon had hatched out here? It'd be running around the forest, she'd never see it, never be able to--

What is that? In amongst the leaves in the middle of the clearing, something had caught her eye, reflecting the sunlight that was creeping through the canopy. She peered at it for a second, trying to make it out. Or rather, make them out, she concluded, as her eyes depicted three shapes of varying colours. Indigo, red and... orange. Her egg!

Fighting the urge to punch the air, Jae put a step forward to grab her egg. Then, for reasons she didn't quite understand, she stopped. Her egg was right there, mere footsteps away. She could see it, out in the broad daylight, awaiting her collection. It was so easy...
And that was it. It was too easy. Nobody takes an egg and then hides it in the middle of a clearing. It was a trap, set up by Arceus-knows-who. Jae shifted uncomfortably, looking at her egg with intense longing. That was her egg, right in front of her...

"You know what? **** it." Jae muttered, looking back at Valentine and shrugging. She tentatively stepped towards the egg, awaiting some booby trap to spring up on her any minute. When nothing did, Jae ran towards her only prized possession, picking it up and holding it in the light. There it was, scorch marks and all. It was so warm to the touch, and she held it close to her chest. She could feel it moving through her shirt, as if it knew she was there...

Caaagh!
Jae stopped and looked around wildly, looking for the source of the noise. That certainly was weird. The other two seemed completely unaware of whatever she had just heard, so Jae dismissed it as nothing. She held her egg out in front of her again, refusing to take her eyes off it.

Caaaaaaagh!
The noise had come again, muffled and weak. Jae locked onto the source of the noise this time, looking into her hands. Had her egg made that? She stared at the orange shell as it shook violently, as if in protest.

CAAAAAAAAGH!
The egg splintered beneath her fingers, deep grooves appearing at its apex. Jae's heart hammered ferociously, pulsating in time with her Pokemon egg. It was hatching.

The shell was cracked all over now, a small thudding noise being heard from the inside. Jae balanced the egg on her palms, waiting with baited breath. Without any warning, a fragment of shell broke free of the egg, a small orange foot protruding from its hole. A fraction of a second later, the shell had shattered into pieces, and in her palms cowered a small, orange lizard. Its back was haunched and it shivered from the cold, covered in the gooey liquid that had kept it warm since it had been laid.

The Pokemon looked up at Jae, blinking in the cold morning sun. It was orange all over, other than its tanned stomach. It stood on its hind legs, wrapping itself in its own tail, which bore a small flame on the tip.
"...Char?"

For the first time for as long as she could remember, Jae's face cracked into a genuine smile. A Charmander! She had her own Pokemon, and it was even a fire type. Not any fire type either, but a Charmander, which evolved into one of the strongest fire types known to man.

Jae turned to Valentine and the girl, grinning broadly. Each of them held their respective pokemon. Val cradled a small dragon type found in the Hoenn region - a Bagon, if her memory served her well. The camera girl held up a floppy-eared pokemon which Val had seen countless times in books and on television, but never in real life; a Riolu, the fighting type. Jae looked down at her Charmander again, sighing happily. She definitely had the better end of the deal.

Jae extended a hand to stroke her Pokemon, who snapped playfully at her fingers.
"Fiesty. I like it." Jae chuckled as she allowed her Charmander to nibble on her fingers with his small pointed teeth. "Char!" It shouted, before sneezing, and a small plume of fire bursting from its nostrils. The perfect companion for the Resident Pyromaniac.

Jae nodded at the others as an indication to leave the clearing, and the three took a step forward in unison. And there I was, thinking it was a--

Something flew past Jae's ear, screeching slightly as it went. Batting it away irritably, she turned to the others.
"What was --"

"Char!"

Jae looked at her Charmander quizzically, who was staring in the direction which they had come in. She turned around slowly, her eyes searching for her Pokemon's cause for alarm.
"Oh... that's not good." Jae muttered as she found what she was looking for. There, on every branch surrounding the clearing, there were hundreds of them. Hundreds of angry, hungry, vicious Zubat.

Jae's eyes narrowed, the fire in her belly reignited.
"Let's dance, batboys."

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
Walking into the bushes of green, she scanned the forest, looking for any signs of her egg. The others were doing the same, the boy from earlier chatting with another camper. They were looking at photos. Alice turned away immediately, mumbling to herself as her searching continued. She was use to being alone in school, though this experience felt different. There were less students at the ranch, meaning communication would be more needy; even now, however, no one paid attention to her. Was something wrong? Did she dress weird? Was she not good enough for the brats?

Keeping her distance, Alice went deeper into the forest than perhaps the other ranchers. Her egg was pure black, and it would be much harder to spot than the rest of the bright eggs. She was relying on luck to find it. That's when it hit her- if it had hatched already...

Turning around, she watched as she saw the others smile- either with or holding a pokemon. Eyes widening, she snarled, now very upset. Alice had already searched the area with no solution as to where her egg was located, but, of course, THEY had no trouble finding their own filthy eggs. Kicking a rock, she heard it crack as it smacked into a nearby tree. The girl was beyond upset. At this rate, her egg probably had already hatched.

Scampering through the grass, it was all or nothing. Alice knew she couldn't whine endlessly, as it was useless. Shifting her direction, she paused to see small black parts of shell on the ground.

"OH SHI-"

Running over full speed, she crouched on the ground to examine the texture- rough and hard, just like her egg. The small flakes literally lead a pathway across the forest floor. The girl hesitantly followed.

"If this is a trap, I f***ing swear I'm going to-"

Her trail of thought was cut as she felt pain on her arm. Shouting out in surprise she turned to see a black and blue figure. It had a long neck, its tiny legs backing up in reaction to Alice's startled reaction. The girl looked at her arm, no bite marks found. The pain had already left, and it was obvious the pokemon only wanted her attention. She looked back up at the creature. Was it....hers?

"DEEEIINOOO", it cried out, its voice low with high frequencies chipped in between.

Last edited:
Back