• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
I used a static poke when chaining electrike and got 2 shinies out of the chain cause of it, one I use for my competative battles even though it's quirkey nature, it may be quirkey but it still 1hko's gayrados(I can't spell this abomination)

Years
:laugh:

Now then. I finally captured shiny Seviper! :D Four of them, actually, and the chain's still going. I just nursed the chain up slowly while avoiding all of 13mjvr's patterns as well as staying away from edges. I guess I just took that edge rule too casually. :nervous:

So now I feel like I'm on fire--like I can chain absolutely anything! For real this time! It'll be a quick job scooping up a shiny Sneasel and Absol, and I can get onto Rotom quite shortly.

I'm thinking, though. Wouldn't it be cool to have certain dedicated members attempt to capture all the shinies of a particular colour? Stuff like gold, blue, or purple would be way too difficult, but I'm thinking I'd like to collect all the red shinies. There aren't all that many, but most of them are totally sweet.

Edit: I decided I was done and it was time to advance my chain as far as it would go. It broke on 47 from the MM Pattern with 6 shinies. (More on the "MM pattern" later. It wasn't in this thread where I talked about it.)

Edit2: Gosh. Only one of them is Modest. Better than none I guess, so I'm off to check her IVs.

Last edited:

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
Congrats MM on all your shinies! maybe I'll stop taking that edge rule so lightly ><

Congrats to Thebiggamer on your new shiny electrikes I'm totally jealous I love that pokemon and the shiny one just looks sooo cool!

I'm gonna play some GTA tonight but I'll definatly chain something tomorrow (not sure what yet I'm gonna see what's swarms....I hope it's snubull)

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
well im going keep chaining until i get shiny, the reason i didnt get a electrik was because i didnt have strong pokemon with static =/.going check out todays swarm. hey wat do yall think the best swarm is

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Hey all Congrats to new shinies!! I've had no luck with my targets yet. Did like 5 hours of Combee Sring that last couple days, no combee on tree today though :/ Also finally transferred Darkrai from Battonage over to my Jpn Pearl. Been Sring for it, hope it shines soon lol.

Oh yeah on Friday I finally got lucky on ebay. Finally found a copy of the Japan Colosseum Bonus disc. Lol cost me $120 US + shipping, yeah pricey but its supremely rare :p Heh now all I need is a jpn colo and jpn R/S/E and I'll be able to download celebis, albeit slowly (already have freeloader disc so no need for jpn gamecube). Those can wait, as I got the masterpiece of the set :p Anxiously waiting for it in the mail x___x oooh I'll explode if I get a shiny one somehow xD

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
Hey all Congrats to new shinies!! I've had no luck with my targets yet. Did like 5 hours of Combee Sring that last couple days, no combee on tree today though :/ Also finally transferred Darkrai from Battonage over to my Jpn Pearl. Been Sring for it, hope it shines soon lol.

Oh yeah on Friday I finally got lucky on ebay. Finally found a copy of the Japan Colosseum Bonus disc. Lol cost me $120 US + shipping, yeah pricey but its supremely rare :p Heh now all I need is a jpn colo and jpn R/S/E and I'll be able to download celebis, albeit slowly (already have freeloader disc so no need for jpn gamecube). Those can wait, as I got the masterpiece of the set :p Anxiously waiting for it in the mail x___x oooh I'll explode if I get a shiny one somehow xD

Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Wow, that is great news!! I have the american one, for anyone that needs jirachi.. We got a few celebis at a pokemon event but to be able to get them "on demand" would be really be cool. Good luck getting the rest of the stuff you are looking for, and I hope you get really lucky and get it all much cheaper than the bonus disc you just got. :)
Kim

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
No new shinies from me but I trained my Lickitung, but check this out

WBME0001.jpg

I got Pokemon Ranch and put some of my shinies on it (particularly the bad natured ones, etc.)
Like Brawl, you can take pictures and put them on SD cards. Unlike Brawl however, they are saved into a special directory that it TELLS you about, and tells you the file name.... and the extension? .JPG

So you can put them on the computer and view them automatically!

Don't you just love shiny Lickitung? I think it's very cute! It reminds me of a little kid or something.

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years

WBME0001.jpg

I got Pokemon Ranch and put some of my shinies on it (particularly the bad natured ones, etc.)
Like Brawl, you can take pictures and put them on SD cards. Unlike Brawl however, they are saved into a special directory that it TELLS you about, and tells you the file name.... and the extension? .JPG

Don't you just love shiny Lickitung? I think it's very cute! It reminds me of a little kid or something.

Sweet pictures DDD, any chance of getting a picture of misdreavus for me? pweez?

I finally completed my pokedex today, and reset at birch's lab until i got a female chikorita, so once i catch and purify the bayleef from colosseum i'm going to start breeding for a shiny chiko.

Years

Spoiler:

Aww, they're so cute! *hugs Lickitung* *gets covered in drool* I ought to somehow convince my bro to download Ranch (I'll probably have to pay him for it =/) so I can get some 3d pictures of my 4th-gen shinies in Hyper Chibi form. :D

I've saved in front of Rotom and will do a handful of resets. I don't have a Sing/Hail Lapras yet, so I just brought a random Snover. I don't plan on going all out for Rotom just yet, but I will pretty soon. I miss my little cherry drop. :'(

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Nice picture, DDD! Can I request shiny Metagross and Totodile in Chibi form? ;)

You got it, along with just about all my other shinies. Some of the pics I got were just... awesome.

Since this is the Shiny Hunters Club I doubt I'd derail things by posting pictures of them from Pokemon Ranch.

Ok, so here we go.

You've already seen Licky and Bronzor.

Starly!
WBME0002.jpg

Buneary buneary!
WBME0003.jpg

Sometimes the Pokemon.. ride each other. See below. Shiny Zigzagoon!
WBME0005.jpg

WBME0007.jpg

Corsola

WBME0008.jpg

Ma..... champ....

It looks weird. O_o
And I just realized how Machamp resembles Guts Man.

WBME0009.jpg

^Crimson, who reminds me of Saturos from Golden Sun

WARNING: THE MOST ABSOLUTE BEST PIC EVER:
WBME0010.jpg

Man that's unique. Antoinette the shiny Roserade, Celtic Sol the shiny Espeon, and one of my random shiny Starlies.

WBME0012.jpg

Antoinette alone. She looks happy. :)

WBME0013.jpg

Do you dare challenge the great and all-powerful Oz?! (He's actually alseep)
(He also won a battle for me earlier. lol)

AS REQUESTED

MoonRinger the shiny Metagross
WBME0014.jpg

Kinda sparkly, I think they all (shinies) do that when you "focus" on them.

WBME0015.jpg

Vector the shiny Totodile telling a random Poliwrath that he'll be as strong as him one day.

WBME0016.jpg

Edge the shiny Tyranitar! Rawr!

WBME0017.jpg

(just another weird pic. When I sent him over, he looked like an octopus, I couldn't see his legs)

WBME0019.jpg

Weeeeeeee.

*yawn*
I'm going to bed. On Diamond my Swarm is Skitty... I'll check pearl later...

I had Explosion TM in my grasp for Lickilicky (didn't transfer it or Staraptor fearing it'd reset their Return) but for some reason it didn't give it to me. I think it's because I exited the bonus round myself... Now I gotta do it again.... I need an extra Leftovers too...

Oh, and if anything goes the way it has been, Pearl will be the same Swarm as Diamond was a day before. It's weird. I hope it's not. If it is I have another shot at Phanpy. I kinda hope it's something else though.

And is Tangela even a Swarm Pokemon? In the guide it says so but on GameFAQs one of them didn't list it.

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
*yawn*
I'm going to bed. On Diamond my Swarm is Skitty... I'll check pearl later...

I had Explosion TM in my grasp for Lickilicky (didn't transfer it or Staraptor fearing it'd reset their Return) but for some reason it didn't give it to me. I think it's because I exited the bonus round myself... Now I gotta do it again.... I need an extra Leftovers too...

Oh, and if anything goes the way it has been, Pearl will be the same Swarm as Diamond was a day before. It's weird. I hope it's not. If it is I have another shot at Phanpy. I kinda hope it's something else though.

And is Tangela even a Swarm Pokemon? In the guide it says so but on GameFAQs one of them didn't list it.

You forgot my misdreavus request >_>

And no, tangela isn't a swarm pokemon, i think it was established a while ago that it wasm't a swarm pokemon.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
You forgot my misdreavus request >_>

And no, tangela isn't a swarm pokemon, i think it was established a while ago that it wasm't a swarm pokemon.

It's on my Pearl, which is why I forgot about it. Sorry. :P I'm gonna get more pics soon.

Darn..... That's very disheartening. I wish it was... I've been waiting for a long time.
I'll probably train one of the Bunearies next... but first I gotta get Explosion.

I wanted to record a battle I had with a friend today to upload but I'm not going to be able to because my Dad likes to come home 5 hours early from his job... :(

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
Awwww DDD those pictures are all soooooo cute!

I was chaining a mareep yesterday and the chain broke at 35 QQ then I had to go to work and didn`t get home till late sooooo no shiny mareep for me yet. Today my swarm is krabby... I found an okay patch of grass to chain but it`s really not the best...... i`m going to try to get a shiny before I go to work today though!

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
Awwww DDD those pictures are all soooooo cute!

I was chaining a mareep yesterday and the chain broke at 35 QQ then I had to go to work and didn`t get home till late sooooo no shiny mareep for me yet. Today my swarm is krabby... I found an okay patch of grass to chain but it`s really not the best...... i`m going to try to get a shiny before I go to work today though!

got luck! mines spoinks i see most people have a shiny one so ill attempt to get it also just be "normal" the shinies aren't that special to me though.

edit: woot im chaing houndoom! it just happen to be there

edit2: OMG IT KNOWS ROAR! crap now im scared =[ if i get a shiny should i use my only masterball?

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
There's a great place to chain for Krabby right under Route 227, I think...or rather, go to the Resort Area, north through the sandstorm area (Route 226, I believe), then go west. It's a very large patch, and it's where I got my shiny Krabby.

Good luck, everyone, and nice pictures, DDD! I love shiny Totodile. I'm actually breeding for one on my Diamond version.

Edit: Here are my new targets.

FireRed :: Zapdos
LeafGreen :: Moltres
Ruby :: Beldum
Sapphire :: Jirachi
Diamond :: Totodile/Darkrai
Pearl :: Turtwig

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
edit2: OMG IT KNOWS ROAR! crap now im scared =[ if i get a shiny should i use my only masterball?

I know just about everything around every situation like this, so here's my advice:

For chaining this one, obviously have a Pokemon that's high-level and can kill them in one hit. Roar makes it go last, so Speed shouldn't be a matter but you should be faster than it anyway.

If you get to 30, 40, whatever and shiny grass comes up.... What to do, what to do. It'll just Roar you away if you try to weaken it, so the best bet is the best Pokemon for catching Pokemon: Breloom with Spore + False Swipe.
It's still very risky.
Why? Spore, Swipe, HOUNDOOM woke up! HOUNDOOM used ROAR!

So what's the best thing we can do?
Counter Roar with a Pokemon Ability.

It's called Suction Cups, and it makes it to where the Pokemon can't be Roar-ed away.
3 Pokemon have this ability.
Lileep
Cradily
and.... Octillery.

Octillery is slow but powerful, and it type-trumps, so you could use it as your chainer for Houndoom and other Pokemon that know Roar or Whirlwind.

Let's see, what can Octillery do to help you?
Surf and other high PP attacks will help if you decide to also use it as a chainer.

Shiny Houndoom appeared!

What to do:

Well, don't hit it..... CONSTRICT it. You could try that move out on a previous nonshiny Houndoom to see how much damage it'll do. You can use it to chisel away at Houndoom's health.
Octillery doesn't learn a sleep move but it does learn Thunder Wave so if you want to use that you can.

Suction Cups are Roar B Gon.

You can also use a similar strategy with Cradily if you'd prefer to use that one. :)

Good luck!

As for me, I'm trying to get RID of those Giveaway shinies I got a while back. The Mew is so hacked, I can't even trade it on GTS and on PBR it shows up as a bad egg -- we will NOT have this on my game!
I'll probably end up releasing it. As for the others, Chimchar's been GTS'd, but it's the only one so far. I'm going to see if my friend Anthony wants Turtwig but it's the same thing as Chimchar.

I'm wanting to keep Squirtle, Cyndaquil and Steelix but I'm gonna send them down the road too.

I got Explosion which is how I found out about the bad egg Mew, I was uploading my Pokemon to PBR and it said I had a Pokemon switched to Bad Egg which made me go "WTF!?" and then I checked and sure enough it was the Mew, I didn't save PBR, I just turned it off.

I don't think I'll be going to any more Giveaways.

Even if the person was sincere and was only collecting them to begin with.

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
Years
my shinies

I own shinies- charizard manectric(traded from ruby) squirtle FIRE RED
SAlemnce drapion charmander dialga!! piplup torretra zapdos DIAMOND

Back