• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yeah though the only ads I do watch well listen to is on the Radio since most of them are funny and they use jingles that I hum to myself in class plus I like to support local business'.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yeah I love cinematic trailers for some games like Diablo 3's one was perfect to bad the game lagged in singleplayer and was a flop since it was very repetitive with doing the same quests over and over again. in Diablo II it was good because the campaign was lengthy and there was always a challenge now it is just "Hey can anyone level 60 paragon 10 help me get through inferno?" and you get run through it picking up gear and boosting yourself higher and higher. Atleast in Diablo II you could just go off and do what you wanted. Where as in Diablo 3 you gotta do the missions not Teleport back.

TY

I liked the trailers of Borderlands and StarCraft, also the older games had some cool trailers but idr which games had the amazing ones haha

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
All of the fallout games have excellent and kind of funny in a crude/subtle way (last I remember) trailers.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
The Call of Duty: MW3 "There's a Soldier in all of Us" was my favorite one from that campaign that they crap out every time they release a game. The last two didn't feature any actors I knew.

Luck said:
Spoiler:

I sincerely hope that was from an issue of Mad. That's far too suggestive for Sega.

TY

Never seen those at all... but then again my interest in CoD is just as dead as it can be hahaha

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
The Call of Duty: MW3 "There's a Soldier in all of Us" was my favorite one from that campaign that they crap out every time they release a game. The last two didn't feature any actors I knew.

I sincerely hope that was from an issue of Mad. That's far too suggestive for Sega.

I don't know, I have seen other posters and even something on the box saying this. I think it may have been an error that they didn't realize what they were saying to 6 year old kids.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I don't know, I have seen other posters and even something on the box saying this. I think it may have been an error that they didn't realize what they were saying to 6 year old kids.
Nah, see, that's why they did it. The poster wouldn't appeal to 6 year olds, it had another meaning (the one we're all chuckling about) that they couldn't begin to understand, and that was the point. SEGA was trying to appeal to the "mature" gamer and do what Nintendon't (er...Nintendidn't). Regardless of Nintendo's current target audience (kids, everyone, or adults), back in the day Nintendo was the megalith of the gaming industry, they didn't have any contenders. Couple that with the fact that games were mostly a kids thing and one could easily grow out of them (because, by that point, that was still the image video games had, they were seen as toys).

Then, here comes SEGA with an almost obscenely mature message and 16-bit graphics. It was finally here, the system for mature, older gamers. The six year olds were basically just unlikely collateral.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah back in 2003 or 2002 can't remember but yeah I saw a Call of Dooty Scary Ghosts ad but it was actually for an energy drink. Here is my favorite video game ad that I saw on youtube once.

Who said nintendo is all about the kids
I saw this years ago, just never got it till now. *shrug*

Nope, that was a proper ad apparently. What Machomuu said basically. Sega was for the gamer with attitude. Actually the start of the many problems of this industry, come to think about it.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Marketing was the best when it was Nintendo vs Sega. Sega's marketing was crude, overly aggressive, and childish, but I think there's a certain undeniable charm from those kinds of commercials that just aren't present in ads nowadays.

Completely related:
Spoiler:
This was the ad that gave me the mindblowing realization that SEGA is AGES backwards.

Nakala Pri

Has Anyone Ever Played Kirby's Mass Attack?

It was no doubt one of the best games I've EVER played! :D It was vibrant, fun and full of colour. C: Collecting the Kirby's was so fun and the evil and adorable creatures were irresistible, I almost didn't want to kill them! xD

Plus Kirby never looked cuter. ^^

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Hey, change of subject:

Has Anyone Ever Played Kirby's Mass Attack?

It was no doubt one of the best games I've EVER played! :D It was vibrant, fun and full of colour. C: Collecting the Kirby's was so fun and the evil and adorable creatures were irresistible, I almost didn't want to kill them! xD

Plus Kirby never looked cuter. ^^
Easiest Kirby game if you knew what you were doing with the 10 Kirbys, down right evil when 100% it. Seriously, some of those coin placements are the hardest collectables I've ever tried getting. But yeah, easily the best Kirby in ages, unlike Squeak Squad...

TY

Heard of it, but never played it. Simply because i never had anything besides a Playstation and a PC xD

Nakala Pri

Definitely an awesome game, so kawaii and lovable! C: But I'm quite stuck. >#< There is a really hard lava place which is so the opposite of a cake walk. xD

Oh well, I'll come back to it later. :P

TY

Right now im too addicted to this silly FPS game named Tactical Ops. The graphics are so laughably stupid that its just hilarious to play xD

Even the character design looks poor xD

Nakala Pri

Never heard of it. :P But if it's anything like Halo, count me out. xD But if it's anything like Awakening, DOUBLE TRIPLE QUADRUPLE COUNT ME IN!! :D

Fire Emblem: Awakening is such an awesome game, I love it so much! <3

TY

Its not like either of those games hahaha

I thought FE was more of a strategy game O_o

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
It is. I think she was making a subject-change.

Anyway, just unlocked High-Powered Rifle Scope for my M4 in Battlefield 3? So I slapped on a Bipod and a Silencer, and tomorrow...?

I'm going huntin'! :3

TY

What in the... I wonder if my F2000 has that too since i overused it so much in BF3 xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back