• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Whoops, I made a pretty big typo in my explanation, I said "the psychological pain should have been so tremendous that there would be no way he could have died", when I meant to say "couldn't".

Doesn't it suck when you post something and make a single typo than changes the meaning of [almost] everything you said...or directly contradicts it?

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I like to believe that the opening scene where Klein feels pain is a mental reaction, but after Kayaba turns it into a game of death that pain suddenly applies to the game (since it seems that pain is one of the alterable 'features' that admins can change). I imagine Kayaba in his mad genius brain would no-doubt have turned the pain on.

Additionally, spoiler:
Spoiler:

That said, I do think there are some plot holes, at least as far as the anime is concerned. I'd love to read it instead, though it should actually be published here. I want a tangible book of this.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
The LN is quite good. It actually makes logical sense out of the ending to the SAO arc that I won't spoil, which gave me a lot of closure since I've always had something against Deus ex Machina/Love Conquers All endings (well, not just endings, in general, really). Kirito's also a more likable and more relatable character in the Light Novel, and Alfheim is more developed (for instance, those two female fanservice characters that appear twice are actually legitimate and important characters, the class system is explained, and the world is explored more).

Also, about the incident you put in the spoiler, this is a quote from the LN regarding the incident:
Spoiler:

So I can confirm that they don't feel pain from attacks...unless the whole "the mind makes it real" thing comes into play.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Real Life Name : Markus Steele
In-game Name : Gothax
Appearance :
Spoiler:

Personality : Markus (Gothax?) is a very calm man. He is also mostly a loner, likes to do things by himself and doesn't like to be annoyed. If you bother him, he won't answer to you or give one of his "death glares". He really likes to fight and if someone challenges him, he'll be more than happy to slash you to pieces(his favorite term). He don't interact often with people but if you insist, he'll talk a little or help you out. He likes to think before acting and that makes him a worthy opponent. He became like this because of all the difficulties he faced on the streets before he had the life that he was leading. He had to go through lots of things, he was bullied at school and during in teen years and all those insults made him stronger but they also made him wary of other people.
History : Markus was a ordinary student in the programming field. He liked everything in the video gaming field, even more the process of creating one. That's why he decided to learn how to make them. He registered in the SAE Institute and got accepted. He decided to have a part-time job to help pay his fees and his overall needs. That's how he ended being a cashier in one of the many GameStops. That way, he was in direct contact with any new video game and would make some decent money.
That's how he learned about Sword Art Online. He was working as always when someone came and delivered lots of copies about it saying they were free for the beta testers of the game. He thought it wasn't too bad and since it was for free, he decided to get one to play during his free time.
When he came home, he put his NerveGear and began playing and level grinding. Shortly after the announcement he teamed up with one of his friends in real life. On the first day, he witnessed that friend's death. After that, he swore to himself that he'd make it out of that game for that friend who died.
Skills :
-Two Handed Straight Sword
-Detection
-Forging
-Battle Healing

Sword Arts : Metal Slash [Red] : Gothax closes his eyes and puts his sword the middle of his two eyes. It starts to glow and he then swing his sword in front of him. That creates a strong wave that could cut enemies. Causes high damage.
Raion Ikari [Black] : He puts the sword in the middle of his two eyes and it also starts to glow but he swings his sword to create multiple waves.
Level : 13
Code : Link Start

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Real Life Name : Markus Steele
In-game Name : Gothax
Appearance :
Spoiler:

Personality : Markus (Gothax?) is a very calm man. He is also mostly a loner, likes to do things by himself and doesn't like to be annoyed. If you bother him, he won't answer to you or give one of his "death glares". He really likes to fight and if someone challenges him, he'll be more than happy to slash you to pieces(his favorite term). He don't interact often with people but if you insist, he'll talk a little or help you out. He likes to think before acting and that makes him a worthy opponent.
History : Markus was a ordinary student in the programming field. He liked everything in the video gaming field, even more the process of creating one. That's why he decided to learn how to make them. He registered in the SAE Institute and got accepted. He decided to have a part-time job to help pay his fees and his overall needs. That's how he ended being a cashier in one of the many GameStops. That way, he was in direct contact with any new video game and would make some decent money.
That's how he learned about Sword Art Online. He was working as always when someone came and delivered lots of copies about it saying they were free for the beta testers of the game. He had already tested this game and saw it wasn't too bad. Since it was for free, he decided to get one to play during his free time.
When he came home, he put his NerveGear and began playing and level grinding. Shortly after the announcement he teamed up with one of his friends in real life. On the first day, he witnessed that friend's death. After that, he swore to himself that he'd make it out of that game for that friend who died.
Skills :
-Two Handed Straight Sword
-Detection
-Forging
-Battle Healing

Sword Arts : Metal Slash [Red] : Gothax closes his eyes and puts his sword the middle of his two eyes. He then swing his sword in front of him. That creates a strong wave that could cut enemies. Causes high damage
Lion's Fury [Black] : He do the same pose for Metal Slash but swing his sword to create multiple waves.
Level : 13
Code : Link Start

We'd like a description by the appearance section. Your personality is rather short and your second sword art is far from acceptable. You don't say "same goes for ……" every sword art has to be explained properly. You also didn't mention when your sword starts glowing in the sword arts.

Your history is not acceptable either. What you are saying is that you are a beater… but you're a PK'er. NO ONE has tested the game besides the 1000 beta-testers so game companies haven't tried it out either. I'm gonna discuss with ShinyDiamond about not accepting any more beaters so please don't change the status, just the history.

I hope you understand that PK'ers have rules. They are not allowed to actually kill players when the creator is not okay with it. They can't attack in safety zones too.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
That appearance picture is the same as Teashi ._.

I seriously hope SAO is published in America. It would easily be my favorite book ever.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Still, it certainly seems popular enough to be brought over here.

It's sad, though, years ago I had a novel idea that was veeeeeery similar to it, however, I don't feel like making that book now since Sword Art would no doubt trump it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I doubt there'd be any problem if you went through with it. After all, it would probably appeal to different crowds. Besides, Dot Hack had a huge following when it came out (heck, SAO even managed to borrow from Sign on occasion and it worked out) and SAO still did well, and in terms of media, Dot Hack was pretty expansive.

But I doubt the LN would come over. One reason is because there aren't any publishers that I know of that publish LNs in the West, and also because popular series like Durarara!, Baccano!, and the incredibly popular Haruhi haven't been published over here either, all of which had a bigger following than SAO in their day. After all, SAO is the Attack on Titan of 2013 and the Angel Beats of 2010, it's talked about in what is the present, when it's still running but the buzz and demand lowers substantially some time after its end.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Machomuu, you're really making me want to pick up where I left off in the SAO LNs. The increased detail is something I always crave, but I have more than enough reading to juggle, and I just recently became interested in the Song Of Fire And Ice series. Ugh, what to do, what to do? Screw it, I'm reading it. I hate you (not really).

Sapphire Rose

Years
I think it was Genevieve's turn to post c:

Interesting conversation here~ I might not have answered but i've definitely been following it ^^ there is not much for me to comment on~

Colony

Years
I posted, and experimented with my line spacing, again. By any chance is that forest dungeon in between TOB and Tolbana? I could only imagine everybody's reaction to a player killer running through a dungeon (possibly screaming like a little girl).

Sapphire Rose

Years
I posted, and experimented with my line spacing, again. By any chance is that forest dungeon in between TOB and Tolbana? I could only imagine everybody's reaction to a player killer running through a dungeon (possibly screaming like a little girl).

Nope, it's on the west side pf the first floor and 30 minutes away from Tolbana Town. You could've read that in the "floors" section on the first page c;

Genevieve- I apologize for telling you it was your turn to post ^^; I just remembered the interaction between Lucina and Princess already ended a while ago ^^;;;

JNathan- you're accepted. I did notice some grammar mistakes. "he don't interact with people often." should or could be: "He doesn't interact with people often."

I'm not the one to correct this since English is my second language... Maybe that someone else with English as their native language can correct it for you ^^

It's not a big deal though c:

Last edited:

Colony

Years
The floors section does mention that the dungeon is 30 minutes away from Tolbana (the closest town to the dungeon), but it doesn't mention the dungeon's location compared to the other towns. I was asking if it was something like A(TOB)........B(Dungeon)...C(Tolbana), but from what you said it is more like A......C...B, which is all I was wondering. Either way I'm sure if I think about it for a bit I can figure out a way to get Nirvana over to the dungeon, while being chased of course (it wouldn't be fun otherwise). Regarding JNathan's grammar, well, there are some glaring mistakes, one of which you corrected, but I personally dislike being the one to bring it up. I always feel like a jerk afterwards -__-

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Actually French is my native language and I have no problem with someone correcting the mistakes I made.

Colony

Years
It makes a lot of sense why there are mistakes if English isn't your primary language. The majority of errors that I saw were simply syntax related, such as awkward sounding sentences or absent words, though a few misused words (a instead of an, don't instead of doesn't) were present. Syntax is tricky, and I've noticed that it's subjective according to what type of English (United States vs United Kingdom) the person knows.

One thing I can say that always makes it easier to know how to use a or an is by remembering to use a for consonant sounds, and an for vowel sounds. An example (<- 1 example) can be seen in the following sentence: An eagle can fly, while a shark can swim. Don't be fooled, though. A word can begin with a vowel and require a, while a word can begin with a consonant and require an. A good example is: A opossum (silent o) plays dead. Grammar mistakes are an honest (silent h) error if you're not used to them.

Regarding don't/doesn't, this may not be a good explanation so someone correct me if I'm wrong. Don't is used in first-person and second-person situations, such as I (never me), you, we, and they, while doesn't is used in third-person situations, such as he, she, and it. So, ultimately these words are very similar in usage, but it's mostly syntax sensitive.

Hopefully this doesn't come across as crass or condescending, and if you think it helps I'm happy to help. :)

Back