• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
If a pokemon is shiny in the grass or a cave will it be most likely to be in a shaking grass or a dust cloud?

No. Shaking grass/dust clouds either have another kind of Pokemon or a higher level Pokemon than the others (or an item in the case of dust clouds), not a higher shiny chance. For example, in Giant Chasm, the shaking grass yields Audinos, Clefables, and Metagross. Each of these still have the 1/8192 or whatever chance to be shiny, it's just a set of Pokemon that can't be found in normal grass.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
is there a list somewhere on the internet that says what NPC's in white have X pokemon so you can "see" said pokemon for GTS trade?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
is there a list somewhere on the internet that says what NPC's in white have X pokemon so you can "see" said pokemon for GTS trade?

I don't think there is, unfortunately. :/

Years
In route 8 I've been to the Moor of Icirrus and now I am trying to get to Tubeline Bridge, which I checked on the map is east from Icirrus City. And these two Team Plasma geezers are blocking my way saying:
Apparently some of us are working in the Relic Castle in the Desert Resort!
I've been to the museum place and I talked to everyone they did nothing.
And I've also got 7 Gym Badges.
What do I do to get past?
Plz Help ASAP

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
In route 8 I've been to the Moor of Icirrus and now I am trying to get to Tubeline Bridge, which I checked on the map is east from Icirrus City. And these two Team Plasma geezers are blocking my way saying:
I've been to the museum place and I talked to everyone they did nothing.
And I've also got 7 Gym Badges.
What do I do to get past?
Plz Help ASAP
Relic Castle
Relic Castle
Relic Castle
I think that's your answer right there. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
Years

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/isshudex.shtml - For new pokemon.

As for every other pokemon... I have no idea where a list would be, sorry, you might have to use a cheating device to encounter them or ask a friend who may have it.

Fiendly

Never let go.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Not sure if this has been asked before, but whats the difference between cloning.. and hacking?
I don't understand it, I always thought if you were cloning that it kinda was hacking.

Can someone clear it up for me!

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
Years
Not sure if this has been asked before, but whats the difference between cloning.. and hacking?
I don't understand it, I always thought if you were cloning that it kinda was hacking.

In a manner of speaking pretty much, but the way cloning works is using a pokemon that was caught or bred and not created with say Pokesav, and then making a copy of it where everything is the exact same, whereas with something like Pokesav you run the risk of it being made sloppily and not legal in wi-fi battles or for the GTS.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024

Cloning is actually more like tweaking, because it's not editing the game in any way, just taking advantage of the bugs/glitches in Pokémon games. While hacking would be using Pokésav or an Action Replay code to hex edit the game or save files, cloning would be a sequence of actions to get a glitch to duplicate a Pokémon. If you need me to delve into this, you can ask.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
Years
Question about shaking grass:

What exactly factors into when shaking grass appears? Does cycling/walking around in the grass make it appear faster? Does running do so faster than cycling? Is it time-based? If I sit around and wait in the patch of grass, will it appear or do I have to keep moving?

Is there any way to make it appear faster? Are there any things that I should not do to try to make shaking grass appear?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Question about shaking grass:

What exactly factors into when shaking grass appears? Does cycling/walking around in the grass make it appear faster? Does running do so faster than cycling? Is it time-based? If I sit around and wait in the patch of grass, will it appear or do I have to keep moving?

Is there any way to make it appear faster? Are there any things that I should not do to try to make shaking grass appear?

It's based on steps, and not in the grass, just anywhere near it. It will appear in grass within your sight, but if you're biking past you may miss it because you're moving too fast. You have to keep moving.

What I do to fight Audinos, which is what I'm assuming you're doing: Go to Giant Chasm, just past the cave there, and make an immediate right. There's a patch of grass that's kind of long, and 2 tiles deep. Run up and down right next to the patch of grass and eventually a shaking grass will appear. It's shallow enough that you won't get into any battles while hitting the tiles for the most part. If you're looking for a rare Pokemon that just happens to be in shaking grass, just run near a patch of grass (not inside so you don't get in battles) until you see it. Keep in mind that you can use repels and such, because the shaking grass will still give you a battle regardless of repel.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Thanks for the response. Though I'm grinding for the Elite 4 right now, specifically trying to evolve my Rufflet.

Then just grind in Route 10. Alternatively you could just give it a Lucky Egg and let it battle two Pokemon at once with the double battle grass. I find it's an effective way to level up if Audino's take too long to appear.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
Years
So, I've beaten the Elite 4. Now I'm going to attempt egg moves for the first time.

So the question:

I want Hypnosis and Confuse Ray on my Milotic, but the parents that learn said moves aren't the same. So can I breed Hypnosis on and then Confuse Ray or will the first one be lost? As in, if there's an egg move on the female, will it carry over?

Or more simply put, is it possible to get 2 egg moves on a pokemon with two different species of parents? Scratch that, I want Dragon Pulse and Hypnosis. Also mind that I'm not making a competitive team right now.

Last edited:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
So, I've beaten the Elite 4. Now I'm going to attempt egg moves for the first time.

So the question:

I want Hypnosis and Confuse Ray on my Milotic, but the parents that learn said moves aren't the same. So can I breed Hypnosis on and then Confuse Ray or will the first one be lost? As in, if there's an egg move on the female, will it carry over?

Or more simply put, is it possible to get 2 egg moves on a pokemon with two different species of parents? Scratch that, I want Dragon Pulse and Hypnosis. Also mind that I'm not making a competitive team right now.

From what I know only egg move are passed on from the father, and the pokemon the egg hatches into is the mothers speciies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back