• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink Mommy

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I have a question but I don't know if I'm in the right place.
A while ago I bought a second hand copy of Soul Silver and it had a Jirachi in it.
I traded him to my Diamond game but I thought he was a hack because he was caught in a strange ball, so I tried getting rid of him by posting him up at the GTS but he had this strange ribbon that wouldn't allow it.
I didn't have the heart to just release him, so he stayed in my PC. Later on I read about an event Jirachi, so I want to know if that's actually what I have.
He was caught in a red ball, is a lvl7 and has a strange ribbon I'd never seen before.
Can anyone help me? Please?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I have a question but I don't know if I'm in the right place.
A while ago I bought a second hand copy of Soul Silver and it had a Jirachi in it.
I traded him to my Diamond game but I thought he was a hack because he was caught in a strange ball, so I tried getting rid of him by posting him up at the GTS but he had this strange ribbon that wouldn't allow it.
I didn't have the heart to just release him, so he stayed in my PC. Later on I read about an event Jirachi, so I want to know if that's actually what I have.
He was caught in a red ball, is a lvl7 and has a strange ribbon I'd never seen before.
Can anyone help me? Please?

Your Jirachi has a Classic Ribbon attached to it. It's also housed in a Cherish Ball, which is the Poké Ball used to house event Pokémon. This is totally normal. Also, is this the event Jirachi that knows Draco Meteor?

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I'm trying to get a hitmonchan with a certain ability (iron fist) so my question is does tyrogue's abilities (guts and steadfast) affect the out come of the ability that hitmonchan will get or is it random either way?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm trying to get a hitmonchan with a certain ability (iron fist) so my question is does tyrogue's abilities (guts and steadfast) affect the out come of the ability that hitmonchan will get or is it random either way?

Tyrogue with Guts evolve into Hitmonchan with Keen Eye. Tyrogue with Steadfast evolve into Hitmonchan with Iron Fist.

27thColt

The Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
How/Where do I train to beat Red?

Hi,I have SoulSilver and I am wondering how to beat Red?I am thinking od daycare but there are still a few moves I want to keep and take out.Here is my team.

Feraligatr/Jaws Torrent Lv.56 Water
Item:Mystic Water
Crunch,Ice Fang,Surf,Waterfall
Best Stat:Defense

Fearow/WunAtchPee Keen Eye Lv.55 Fly/Normal
Item:Choice Scarf
Drill Peck,Fly,Mirror Move,Assurance
Best Stat:Attack

Machamp/Muscle Guts Lv.55 Fight
Item:Muscle Band
Rock Climb,Strength,Earthquake,Karate Chop

Jolteon/The Flash Volt Absorb Lv.54 Electric
Item:Lax Incense
Thunder Fang,Pin Missile,Flash,Charge Beam
Best Stat:Speed

Gengar/Poison Fart Levitate Lv.55 Ghost/Poison
Item:None
Hypnosis,Shadow Ball,Psychic,Mean Look
Best Stat:Sp.Attack

Scizor/GrimReapa Techinician Lv.55 Bug/Steel
Item:Metal Coat
Iron Head,Iron Defense,X-Scissor,False Swipe

So that is my team...i am still looking for moves that will replace current ones.How do I level up easily?I know most of my team is physical.Machamp NEEDS two HMs to go up Mt.Silver so im stuck with that till i beat Red.I am looking for an item for my Gengar.Please Help.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Well, you of course will need higher level Pokemon than that. His are all in the 80s and his team is quite difficult to defeat.

Here's a link to a page with his team:
http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Red_(Game)

I can't give much advice, but take advantage of STAB as well as Attack/Special Attack. Perhaps try EV training?

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Daycare doesn't sound too efficient. ;P And it might be too late to EV train. Just rebattle the Elite 4 perhaps? They should be higher levels I think.

Reactions: Cid
Years
I'd go with what Sassy Milkshake said and rebattle the Elite Four.

You can also have rematches against Trainers you registered in the Pokegear, their levels get stronger when you pass a certain point in the game.

Reactions: Cid

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
These types of questions don't warrant their own thread and therefore belong in the 4th Gen Help thread, which can be found here. (click me!)

Please use that in the future for any further questions you may have regarding 4th Gen. (:

Moved.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Ok another breeding project I'm working on, I'm trying to get a phanpy with head smash and ice shard, I tried using a smeargle to sketch the moves I put them both in the DC but the phanpy is only picking up the ice shard, I have googled it and every where I look it says use a smeargle, what am I doing wrong?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Ok another breeding project I'm working on, I'm trying to get a phanpy with head smash and ice shard, I tried using a smeargle to sketch the moves I put them both in the DC but the phanpy is only picking up the ice shard, I have googled it and every where I look it says use a smeargle, what am I doing wrong?

Are you using a Sinnoh game? Phanpy can only hatch with Head Smash in HeartGold and SoulSilver in gen IV.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
~RNC~, As Vaporeon said, Head Smash is Phanpy's egg move only in HGSS. So you have to breed in those games.

MelchiorFlyer

Flygon
Years
I'm a totally nOOb when it comes to all these terms. So what is chaining exactly? And how did you get a pokeradar?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back