• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
It also doesn't mean they'll try to recreate the creature from legend as closely as possible. I think they'll have an idea of what kind of Pokemon they want to have in the games and then try to merge the two - what they want and what makes sense. So they may decide that they've had too many flying dragons and design this next one to be non-flying. We'd all still be able to figure out the connection and the reference in its design.

Years
I think some of the pokemon that they've come up with in recent gens aren't as good as the old ones. Thats not me saying there aren't any good ones left to make, i've seen some awesome fakemon. Also i'm not happy with the starters. What is up with that frog thing!? and the grass one just looks weird. however fennekin looks cool. I think the main legendaries also look good but i think they should be releasing this game on normal DS's not just the 3DS, they'd sell more copies and it would give the gamers without a 3DS a chance to play too.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I'm so ready for some decent revelations. Since the reveal of Panchum I've been so thirsty for more!

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
I think some of the pokemon that they've come up with in recent gens aren't as good as the old ones. Thats not me saying there aren't any good ones left to make, i've seen some awesome fakemon. Also i'm not happy with the starters. What is up with that frog thing!? and the grass one just looks weird. however fennekin looks cool. I think the main legendaries also look good but i think they should be releasing this game on normal DS's not just the 3DS, they'd sell more copies and it would give the gamers without a 3DS a chance to play too.

Nintendo are moving their games over to the 3DS, which is the sensible thing to do. They can't release the 3DS and then continue to only make games for the previous DS consoles. It's like saying that Sony should release their Playstation 4 and then only release games for the PS3. Sure they could, but it would be waste of the next consoles abilities (in this case, the 3DS's far greater processing power and the 3D features) and it would provide no incentive for customers to buy the new console.

Speaking of the starters, this is the first time I've ever liked all of the starters from the get-go. Froakie is the most charming little frog I've ever seen and Chespin looks full of fighting spirit. If anything, Fennekin is my least favourite, not because I dislike it but because it doesn't get me excited about anything. This is all just opinion, however. I'm not arguing that your opinions are incorrect.

I'm so ready for some decent revelations. Since the reveal of Panchum I've been so thirsty for more!

As am I. I told myself to avoid all spoilers, but I know I'm far too weak for that. I'm looking forward to seeing Pancham's evolutions, personally, if it has any. I'm expecting it to become a fighting/dark type, due to it already being revealed as a fighting type and being called the "Naughty" Pokémon.

Guy

just a guy
Years
This is the first time I've liked all of the starters since Gen III. Now I just hope they don't go and mess it up with ugly evolutions and/or poor stats / movesets. In my opinion, Fifth Gen had the worst set of starters, not so much in design, but in their stat spread and their very shallow movepools.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I totally agree. They didn't really feel original like past starters have felt. So far I have way higher hopes, just from the base stages. Usually I don't feel that way just from that, and I wait until I see more evolutions before I get a good feeling. Chespin alone gave me that initial feeling by itself, and the other two just made it even better.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
This is the first time I've liked all of the starters since Gen III. Now I just hope they don't go and mess it up with ugly evolutions and/or poor stats / movesets. In my opinion, Fifth Gen had the worst set of starters, not so much in design, but in their stat spread and their very shallow movepools.
I agree, which really disappointed me. Serperior looks cool but it's moveset is awful...it's worse than Meganium's imo.
Hopefully Chespin and the others will have diversity in their movepools.

Years

I actually loved all the 5th Gen starters, but that's probably me being biased cos it's my fave generation (and Oshawott of course!) but I do admit I love all the 6th Gen starters as well, in fact I'm actually really confused on who to choose (although my love of Water-types suggests I go with Froakie, I don't find him ugly at all) but I do hope they have good stats and movesets all around, and maybe evolution designs that look appealing. 5th Gen was alright to me, since Tepig and Oshawott did learn some decent attacks.

I also love how this is the first trio to lack a reptilian starter, so X & Y definitely got me excited already for finally being very different with the designs. I have to admit Kalos has really appealing looks with the starters, and despite what most people say I actually think Froakie is adorable, not exactly Oshawott-level but his eyes are so kawaii! Chespin is my new fave Grass starter, and might be the first time I actually choose the Grass-type (since my main picks tend to be the Water-types) because he's different in the fact he's not a reptile, which got boring for me fast. Fennekin is my least fave of the bunch, but it's still alright and I think foxes are cute, not to mention the Firefox jokes hahaha.

Years
You discusss about starters? UGH I always, have a hard time choosing my starter! Since my first game!! I love all the starters of all the generations! My favorite is Charmander tho :) I haven't chose a Fire type since SS. I cannot wait to see Fennekin's evolutions!

Also, I saw that pic yesterday on the internet. Don't know who made it but those eeveelutions are so amazing, I kinda wish GameFreak sees them somehow. They are all awesome.

tumblr_mf583bWdP91ra12qwo1_500.jpg

full size: http://i.imgur.com/XdXRw.jpg?1

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
When Generation V first began, I didn't exactly appreciate the starters... but I grew to love them. I just look back and think "wow, did I really disregarded Samurott back then just because it was part seal and part otter?!" but now Samurott is one of my favorite starter evolutions.

I just think... Pokémon X and Y have brought in such adorable starters, and I really don't mind whatever Fennekin evolves into... I can just feel that it's still going to look so amazing and cool... and powerful. There have been rumors of it being Fire/Psychic, I'm sure it's probably going to become a reality, but who knows... maybe it might end up being another Fire/Fighting like Generation III, IV and V... and if it does, I can just imagine how it would look like, probably something like a ninja fox Pokémon or something. Either way, I still hope that it'll be Fire/Psychic though, just to break the long string of "Fire/Fighting" types from Generation III - V.

And I've gotta say... the only Generation where the starter evolutions were pure types was Generation II, while the only Generation that had the starter evolutions with all dual types was Generation IV. It'll be interesting if Pokémon X and Y had all the starter evolutions with dual types as it was in Generation IV.

Years
Nintendo are moving their games over to the 3DS, which is the sensible thing to do. They can't release the 3DS and then continue to only make games for the previous DS consoles. It's like saying that Sony should release their Playstation 4 and then only release games for the PS3. Sure they could, but it would be waste of the next consoles abilities (in this case, the 3DS's far greater processing power and the 3D features) and it would provide no incentive for customers to buy the new console.

Speaking of the starters, this is the first time I've ever liked all of the starters from the get-go. Froakie is the most charming little frog I've ever seen and Chespin looks full of fighting spirit. If anything, Fennekin is my least favourite, not because I dislike it but because it doesn't get me excited about anything. This is all just opinion, however. I'm not arguing that your opinions are incorrect.

I get where you're coming from with the 3DS but i simply can't agree with you on Froakie, i respect your opinion and all but he just creeps me out, i can live with Chespin, Chespin is ok, but Froakie? Damn thats one creepy frog. But if thats your opinion i respect it.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
You discusss about starters? UGH I always, have a hard time choosing my starter! Since my first game!! I love all the starters of all the generations! My favorite is Charmander tho :) I haven't chose a Fire type since SS. I cannot wait to see Fennekin's evolutions!

Also, I saw that pic yesterday on the internet. Don't know who made it but those eeveelutions are so amazing, I kinda wish GameFreak sees them somehow. They are all awesome.

tumblr_mf583bWdP91ra12qwo1_500.jpg

full size: http://i.imgur.com/XdXRw.jpg?1

That image has been floating around for years now, but it's definitely still cool to go back and take a look at it. Many of those new Eeveelutions I like the appearance more than I like Sylveon, so it honestly would have been nice to see one of those pop up instead.

I get where you're coming from with the 3DS but i simply can't agree with you on Froakie, i respect your opinion and all but he just creeps me out, i can live with Chespin, Chespin is ok, but Froakie? Damn thats one creepy frog. But if thats your opinion i respect it.

+1 for Froakie just being a sub-par looking starter =P

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Probably what's going to happen, anyway. It happened In Gen IV for most of Gen II's Pokemon(as well as Gen I), wouldn't be surprised if it happened this time around for Gen III (meaning I wouldn't be surprised if this time around, they were to evolve most of Gen III's Pokemon).

Oh, yes; the possibility of tons of Generation III evolutions and pre-evolutions might mean that it's time to head back over to the RSE Remake Speculation Thread!

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
hqdefault.jpg

See that billboard?At first i though it was just a brand of clothes that we will wear.
Now i think that it has something to do with Pokemon contests.Maybe the characters will be able to participate along with their Pokemon by dressing up as well and compare themeselves to other trainers.
It could be either though since for a split second you can see the billboard being blue instead of pink.

blue

gucci
Years
hqdefault.jpg

See that billboard?At first i though it was just a brand of clothes that we will wear.
Now i think that it has something to do with Pokemon contests.Maybe the characters will be able to participate along with their Pokemon by dressing up as well and compare themeselves to other trainers.
It could be either though since for a split second you can see the billboard being blue instead of pink.

Or maybe some sort of modelling competition, it looks like the person is posing on some sort of catwalk possibly? Similar to Elesa's gym in BW2.

Years
hqdefault.jpg

I was curious about that billboard was as well, maybe it might represent a new sidequest similar to the Contests/Pokeathlon/Musical etc. If it happens, I'd like to see how well they can pull it off.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
The big two possibilities I see for that billboard are pretty much this:
  1. It's just a random billboard with a stock advertisement that loops with a few others. Probably just for effect in a big city.
  2. That big building is for Contests/Musicals/What have you, and the sign is how you recognize it. Although the building seems pretty...bland compared to the past Contest/Musical Halls, so maybe not.

Years
Oh, yes; the possibility of tons of Generation III evolutions and pre-evolutions might mean that it's time to head back over to the RSE Remake Speculation Thread!

which Gen III evolutions or prevolutions do you most want to see? I for one would love to see Swellow evolve, i want it to be like the other regional bird pokemon with three evolutions (Pidgey-Pidgeot, Starly-Staraptor etc.).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Well I did a rumor from 4chan stating that the anime will be including singing idol contests for both the new female lead and Jessie, so perhaps that building from the image may be the singing contest building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back