• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which starter did you choose?

Shijo

Scientist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 9, 2013
for fire red i choose bulbasaur, for ruby the first time i played choosed treecko but didnt liked, so i choosed torchic because i dont like water starters (except for squirtle), but after a while a store blaziken in pc

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
Years
Water type starters ftw! :P In Sapphire and Firered I chose Mudkip and Squirtle as my starting Pokemon respectively. As I've mentioned in the other "which starter Pokemon did you chose?" threads, I always choose the Water type starter for my first and main game because they entice me the most.

blue

gucci
Years
Since playing first time round I'm always swapping whenever I replay them but my main favourites still remain at Squirtle & Torchic.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

torchic, as blaziken irl and the game would kick swampert and sceptile buts. And squirtle, cause blastoise is a a bigg turtle with giant cannons on his back!

Lara

<3
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2012
Bulbasaur was the first choice, since I love grass Pokemon. This was in LG. In FR, I obviously chose Charmander; well, because I wanted to try something different.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Oh goodness, well, I know I got LeafGreen and chose Bulbasaur (since I chose Charmander the first time in Red/Blue, I wanted to switch it up). I can't remember if I chose Torchic or Mudkip in my Sapphire version. I know I didn't get it until a while after it came out, and because of that I know I was impressionable because I didn't get it until after the anime started airing. I think, since I liked Torchic in the anime, I chose Torchic for my first run-through. Then I chose Mudkip because I liked it better in my second and all consecutive playthroughs.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
I chose Charmander in FireRed and Torchic in Emerald because I really like Fire-type Pokémon and they're over powered from early game to late game. They have advantages in gyms compared to Grass- and Water-type Pokémon so completing game is little faster. Before Torchic I chose Treeco and Mudkip in previous saves but then realized how good Blaziken can be with it's burning attacks.

wildkayaker

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2012
Charmander and Torchic! Fire and dragon types are my favorite and since there is no dragon starter I chose the fire type. I love fire types!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Mudkip on Sapphire, Torchic on Ruby, Treecko on Emerald, Charmander/Bulbasaur on Fire Red, and Squirtle on Leaf Green lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I flip flop between Mudkip and Torchic, Squirtle and Bulbasaur. I like more of the bulkier Pokemon than anything. I like Charmander and Treecko, I'd just rather the other four.

Years
In all my Hoenn games (my Ruby and my brother's Sapphire and Emerald) I chose Mudkip cos it's the easiest to use throughout the game plus I love Water-types.

Back