• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Super Mario Bros. 3 Fanclub!

Which version of SMB 3 you like best?

• NES

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Super NES (Super Mario All-Stars)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Game Boy Advance (Super Mario Advance 4)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
Years
Aww..those are cute ^__^
i wasn't born during the time,and my parents were clueless about Fast Food resturaunts,so no,I don't have one T_T

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
Years
Yea..and at a very high bid I'm guessing..

Btw,what's yall's fav costume in the game?Mine's is the Hammer outfit and the Tanuki suit <3

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
Years
Yeah those suits are awesome too. I also like the Frog Suit aswell cuz not only you jump further with it, but it also makes swimming alot easier and you can even do multiple hops on top of waters too.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
Years
Hops?I never knew ya could hop on the water,but I did know about the swimming.

I recommend you use a frog suit on the 2nd level in World 8..it'll make passing a lot easier.

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
Years
Since world 3 has alot of underwater levels, that's when I've actually use them. Ok in order to make multiple hops on the water surface, just go on top of the water surface, than push up, jump, and keep on doing that until your moving forward.

And if you use the frog suit or the tanooki suit after you've defeated a Koopaling, the king will say something different! =)

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
Years
I can handle the water levels without a Frog suit.after 5 years of gameplay,it isn't that hard :P

XD Yep,they do say something diffrent xD While on the topic of Koopalings,which one is your fav?

Mines in the spoiled Wendy XP and of course the adorable Lemmy <3

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
Years
I would say my favorite Koopaling is either Roy or Iggy because Roy is like the tough guy and plus he's freaking tough too cuz each time he jumps, the floor shakes.

As for Iggy, he's a bit nerdy but I think he's the only one that jumps the highest when you're fighting him.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
Years
Yea..I thought Ludwig had the same effect on the ground though =3

Iggy is cuteness X33 He and Lemmy are twins I have heard.

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
Years
Well its obvious that both Lemmy and Iggy are twins it's because they both have the same type of hair style. Take a look for yourself.

Iggy:
IggyKoopa.gif

Lemmy:
Lemmy.gif

Yamato-san

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 15, 2012
they were only said to be twins in the Dic cartoon (for that matter, the cartoon also gave a small indication of the Koopalings' ages and order of birth, with I think Kooky Von/Ludwing Von being the eldest, and the twins being the youngest). Even if they do have similar hair styles, I don't think there's been any official word that they're twins or not.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
Years
Yep,that's exactly where I got the theory from xD

Luckily we could tell the diffrence.Iggy seems a bit taller and wears glasses and Lemmy is shorter(?) and has very large eyes o.o

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
Years
OK now lets talk about the Mc Donald Happy Meal toys again.

mcmario.jpg

In 1989 Pete Main and Bill White (Nintendo employees) sent a letter to Mc Donald's marketing department. Tempted by the success that Pepsi had had with their Nintendo campaign, he agreed and a Happy Meal based on Super Mario Bros 3 including Mario and friends was released!

Koopa Troopa Toy:

(Image not available)

This small cute koopa paratroopa is attached to a small hose that's attached to a small pump. When you push the pump, the koopa Troops's rear legs push off the ground and he hops.

Luigi Toy:
mcluigi.gif

Here Luigi rides upon a cloud and if you pull back on it, and it zooms forward.

Goomba Toy:
mcgomba.gif

This is the one I had when I was a boy! ^_^ If you press his front the little goomba does a flip backwards.

Mario Toy:
mcmario.gif

Mario is in his raccoon suit sitting on a suction cup attached to a spring (as if he was jumping). through an arrengement you can make Mario "jump" if you push the cup down. the suction cup attached to our belowed plumber will then "stuck" to the platform below him and when there is no more suction the spring will make Mario fly high up in the air!

Source:
http://www.nintendoland.com/funfacts/merchs/mcmario.htm

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
Years
Welcome aboard! Holy cow, were getting alot of members already! XD

Now anyways, time for some more trivia!

• Super Mario Bros. 3 was featured in the motion picture The Wizard three months before it was released.

• Before they stopped keeping track, Nintendo claimed SMB3 had sold 7 million copies. The 1999 Guinness Book of World Records pegged SMB3 sales at 15 million copies sold worldwide -- a world record indeed.

Trivia Source:
http://www.themushroomkingdom.net/smb3.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back