• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Sadly we won't get Slots back unless Europe changes their gambling laws. Since the international games are all localized by the same company, its easier to cater to all of them rather than spend excess money tweeking for each individual country.

US gambling laws are almost as strict as Europes when it comes to gambling in videogames, so there is very little chance that they'd incorporate the Slots back into the games for just the US.

Even if the building isn't flat out replaced or closed off, (Honestly they'll just replace it with some small mini game place cause that would keep the appeal of leaving the building in mauville)we won't be getting the Slots or even the Roulette one. Its gunna be Voltorb Flip or a new game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I hope you're wrong Xander but you're proably right. Hopefully the mini game will be easier than Voltorb switch. Maybe they could make an arcade in the place of the game corner like hit the diglet (smack the mole) and other such games that would be more interesting to play.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Voltorb Flip is actually pretty easy to get the hang of and a little addicting if you do it enough.

Yeah, there's a slim chance that we'll see slots and the roulette back (:(), but they'll probably just add in some new minigame. They should bring back those fun little minigames from Mossdeep/Two Island(?) in FrLg though(multiplayer included) with the usual single playered risk ones, or some new ones all together. As long as there's a variety of minigames, it should still be fun. Then maybe we wouldn't really need to buy coins(as nice as it would be).

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Voltorb Flip is actually pretty easy to get the hang of and a little addicting if you do it enough.

Yeah, there's a slim chance that we'll see slots and the roulette back (:(), but they'll probably just add in some new minigame. They should bring back those fun little minigames from Mossdeep/Two Island(?) in FrLg though(multiplayer included) with the usual single playered risk ones, or some new ones all together. As long as there's a variety of minigames, it should still be fun. Then maybe we wouldn't really need to buy coins(as nice as it would be).

Voltorb Flip is actually very hard IMO. Especially since I royally suck at Minesweeper. Hopefully if they remake R/S, make the new "Gambling" actually EASY!

blue

gucci
Years
Voltorb Flip takes time and effort but can be addictive, I doubt they would bring back the same game for a different set of remakes. It seemed more of a HGSS exclusive thing, otherwise it would have been in BW & B2W2.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
If they were to go with something new I'd actually like to see the games corner replaced with a mini games house or something. Harder mini games on harder levels would score you more coins/however much of something you collect determines how many coins you win, if any. That'd be equally as addicting and requires skill as opposed to luck.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Voltorb Flip is actually very hard IMO. Especially since I royally suck at Minesweeper. Hopefully if they remake R/S, make the new "Gambling" actually EASY!
If they remake RSE then I would say it's odds on that the Game Corner changes in some way (pun possibly intended). They changed in HGSS due to a combination of european laws and game rating systems that changed (had HGSS stuck with the Game Corner within the Japanese version in America for instance something like a PG-13 rating would have been given), and it's also likely why BW/B2W2 has no Game Corner at all. So it'd be interesting to see what they do in such a case; remove it again or replace it with *something* less gamble-y

Years
If they were to go with something new I'd actually like to see the games corner replaced with a mini games house or something. Harder mini games on harder levels would score you more coins/however much of something you collect determines how many coins you win, if any. That'd be equally as addicting and requires skill as opposed to luck.

Something like the arcade I mentioned earlier could work. We have to buy coins for the machines and than we play for tickets, after we get enough we can trade for tm's, stuff Pokémon for our bases, special kinds of Pokéballs found deeper in the game (maybe a return of the Johto balls?), ect.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Something like the arcade I mentioned earlier could work. We have to buy coins for the machines and than we play for tickets, after we get enough we can trade for tm's, stuff Pokémon for our bases, special kinds of Pokéballs found deeper in the game (maybe a return of the Johto balls?), ect.

An arcade with mini games, that would be a nice simple replacement. Any leftover TMs they need the remakes to have but no where good to put them could be some of the prizes. Also how about Pokémon prizes??

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Here's my crazy wish right here. See, FRLG and HGSS retold the story, BW2 is a sequel, but what Pokemon has yet to have is an altered reality of the region. In this short story, I will retell the Hoenn region with a different gym order.

Spoilered for length

Spoiler:

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
On Perfecting the Formula…

In my humble opinion, YOU'RE CRAZY! But I like crazy ideas, so I'll give you my thoughts on your storyline concept. Although I really only skimmed it and will reread it later, your idea seems to try and merge the threads that comprise the best parts of the tales told by Ruby, Sapphir, and Emerald while also introducing new story elements to tie it all together. While I appreciate the initiative that you take in weaving the structure that you hope to see manifested in the remakes that we who read this thread especially anticipate, I doubt that Nintendo would allow GameFreak to modify the event sequence that occurs during the player character's journey through the Hoenn region as heavily as you did without providing players with some sort of fork in the event sequence which would allow them to choose between the game's multiple paths. In regards to locked gym orders, they have only existed in terms of story events; players could completely ignore most of these and obtain at least most of their badges in no particular order whatsoever. In fact, Pokémon Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold, and SoulSilver Versioms actually embraced this fact by allowing players to exploit a fork in story events near the late middle of the Johto story arc. If I were you, I would go back to the drawing board and devise a story mechanic that allows players to make a similar decision at various points in the game. But I'm not you, and I have other game concepts to nurture, namely that concerning the Aeonn region that I have designed. That, however, is a discussion for another time and thread; we currently discuss the Ruby and Sapphire remakes and the possibilities surrounding them. Speaking of which, how long did it take, on average, for speculation concerning past remakes begin after the original games' release? How much longer after that, on average, did Nintendo announce the remakes in question? How much longer after that, on average, were the games released? Finally, how lengthy was the average interval between the releases of the original games and their releases? Maybe we can use the pieces of data that answer these questions to estimate a more exact range of dates for each event required in the course of marketing and releasing remakes of the main games of Pokémon's third generation. Any other dates relevant to the remakes would also be heavily appreciated.
When I think of which platform might host our community's triumphant return to Hoenn, however, I hope that the Nintendo 3DS might receive the honors of doing so without losing compatibility with generations three through five. How do the rest of you think this might be achieved? I wonder if a DS Download Play client could use the Dual Slot capabilities of the original Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS Lite to enable functionality similar to that of Generation IV's Pal Park and Generation V's PokéTransfer system. This feature might also allow users to import their old Hoenn save files into their copies of the Hoenn remakes. A similar approach could also be pursued with the remakes that we all hope to see made of Pokémon Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, FireRed. and LeafGreen Versioms. As I mentioned before, any Pokémon remakes for the 3DS released via retail channels after August 19th would also have to be made available on the Nintendo eShoo. But regardless of the fact that the 3DS can display images in full 3D, I myself am not quite ready for the main Pokémon RPGs to become rendered fully in 3D because I believe that GameFreak is exercising great judgement in gradually transitioning to doing so. What, though, do you guys think about all of this?

Last edited:

SneakerTheOtter

Otter Power!
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
The legendaries appearing in B2W2 doesn't put me off that much. They didn't include Kyogre, Groudon or Rayquaza, which are the important ones for a remake. In Gen 3, where Johto wasn't going to appear, the mascots were made available at Navel Rock - but if Hoenn isn't going to appear in Gen 5, then why haven't the mascots been made available for B2W2? There's hope yet!

And I really want to see the original Battle Frontier again. That was awesome.

Years
The legendaries appearing in B2W2 doesn't put me off that much. They didn't include Kyogre, Groudon or Rayquaza, which are the important ones for a remake. In Gen 3, where Johto wasn't going to appear, the mascots were made available at Navel Rock - but if Hoenn isn't going to appear in Gen 5, then why haven't the mascots been made available for B2W2? There's hope yet!

And I really want to see the original Battle Frontier again. That was awesome.
Well there was that RSE mascot event but that was japan only so it's still up in the air.
Generation 4 mascots aren't in the games either, nor are the birds and beasts so perhaps those would be in the remakes. I imagine a mix between Hoenn and Sinnoh's cultures for the Creation trio place(s) maybe called Sinhoe ruins.

Years

Well there was that RSE mascot event but that was japan only so it's still up in the air.
Generation 4 mascots aren't in the games either, nor are the birds and beasts so perhaps those would be in the remakes. I imagine a mix between Hoenn and Sinnoh's cultures for the Creation trio place(s) maybe called Sinhoe ruins.

I really wouldn't like this. It's just Sinjoh ruins 2.0 really.

Years
I really wouldn't like this. It's just Sinjoh ruins 2.0 really.
Perhaps they would call it something else though. The legendary Bird duo will proably be in Navel rock, perhaps an event , perhaps not.
Also for some reason I see the possiblity of there being an event in which we gain one of the Tao trio stones, perhaps they could use the God Stone for Kyurem as the other two already have stones.

Years
  • Age 31
  • IL
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Lemme chine into this topic.

I for one, don't think that the RSE remakes will be on the 3DS. I believe that the remakes will be the ending chapter of Gen V. I expect a RSE remake announcement early next year. With a Spring JP release date, and with a Summer US and EU release date.

Then they will announce Gen VI later that Fall/Winter.

Years
Lemme chine into this topic.

I for one, don't think that the RSE remakes will be on the 3DS. I believe that the remakes will be the ending chapter of Gen V. I expect a RSE remake announcement early next year. With a Spring JP release date, and with a Summer US and EU release date.

Then they will announce Gen VI later that Fall/Winter.

I doubt they/it will be released so early after B2W2 came out, more likely it'll be released in summer in Jp like B2W2 were this year. Also two games in one year seem too rushed even by gen V standards.

Years
  • Age 31
  • IL
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013

I doubt they/it will be released so early after B2W2 came out, more likely it'll be released in summer in Jp like B2W2 were this year. Also two games in one year seem too rushed even by gen V standards.

Yeah you might be right that it might get a summer JP release date.

I really do think though, that RSE remakes will be announced next year though. Just look at the release cycle.

2002 - RS
2004 - FRLG
2005 - Emerald
2006 - DP
2008 - Platinum
2009 - HGSS
2010 - BW
2012 - BW2
--------
2013 - RSE Remakes ??
2014 - Gen VI ??

Status