• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
For the six years I've been here, I've only been in one RP that's finished (which I actually got the last post on :D) and that was The Uprising.

Actually, I have a topic which I need to get answered (because there's an emblem if you've been here long enough) and that is;

How long have you been roleplaying at PC? Or how long have you been roleplaying in general?

I've been RPing on PC for about a year now, and that's all I have been roleplaying for.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
I'm going to hit a year of roleplaying here in the beginning of May. Cool, I'm an old timer lol.

King!

better
Years
I actually came to PC in the first place looking to RP xD So...hmm...since the beginning of January of 2009? Yeah...I think. xD So three years and three monthsish :D

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
I've been rping almost as long as I have been here. I was roleplaying at another forum, a small one, rping with someone I got along with online. Hmm.. I think I have been role playing for a little over a year. I originally began rping to preserve my writing skills because I lacked inspiration to write anything. (I still lack it now.) My weakness when it comes to RPing would be sticking with the character I made for myself because I often feel really self-conscious which causes me to go out of character and another would be rping in third person.

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I only started RPing when I started here, and that was one year and one month ago. Now give me my emblem.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I started roleplaying here the instant my PTA SU was accepted (it was like, the first thing I did here.) I've been roleplaying for thirteen years. I still got rejected from two roleplays here in the past month though, so it just goes to show that experience doesn't necessarily mean very much.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I started a few months ago I believe (too lazy to check my own profile to be sure) but probably a bit more than a few months. But that's only PokeCommunity.

I used to visit Roleplay Guild, and a dozen other sites I forgot the names of, and even joined "The World's Biggest Roleplay Group" on facebook, though I rarely visit the latter.

Someone close (almost like a son, even though I'm only 17) had been RPing on here for some time, I'm not exactly sure how long. I think he preferred going by "Silver Dracul" though he could have used a different name here. Anyways, He's been gone for quite some time, I miss him a bit. My point is, he would always borrow my laptop to get on, and I found the address after he left, but I was adamant on joining. "As much as I like Pokemon, RPing it would seem too childish to me." However, when I actually checked it out, I changed my viewpoint and gave it a try. First PTA, followed by Earth&Sky, and now Power Sprint as well.

So, tl;dr

Time on PokeCommunity: 4-5 months
Roleplay in General: 8 Years (Give or take some months)

Yeah. Been playing these for quite some time now. Though I've never been in a finished RP.

Last edited:

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
I've been roleplaying for almost five years; I first roleplayed on a Fire Emblem-centric forum, but then moved here three years ago, I think it was. The roleplay forum on PC was what drew me here and away from that forum, actually.

I, uh, was originally going to post an anticipatory post about the roleplay I just finished writing (I've been working on it and related materials for it for almost five days non-stop), but now that I've answered that question ... I've been here for a long time, huh.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
How long have you been roleplaying at PC? Or how long have you been roleplaying in general?

I've started since March. I've been roleplaying for about one year & a month now. It was the year March 2011 that I started, so a bit over a year now. I was a newbie back then, & now I'm in so many RPs. I've improved a lot since then, so I'm pretty happy.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

At PC, I've been roleplaying for about 2 and a half years, before that I did mostly novel writing, entered quite a few contests and won one, started that about....6/7 odd years ago now, damn I feel old.

hahahahahaha

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Another question if I may,

What factors make a great RP? In your opinion, what need to be in place for a successful RP to happen?

Me, I think loyal RP'ers are important. If there aren't RP'ers posting loyally on a RP, it isn't going anywhere, no matter how great the plot is.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
i've been RPing since January, my first RP was Pokemon Trainer Academy because my bestie recommended it to me XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'll try advertising here. There is an open spot in my journey/chapter RP Arcanum. It's fairly slow moving and we usually make quite long posts. In other words, it's a roleplay for people who like to write. Please join if you find shiny pokémon and a new (detailed) region interesting. Eevee will be your starter~

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
I'll try advertising here. There is an open spot in my journey/chapter RP Arcanum. It's fairly slow moving and we usually make quite long posts. In other words, it's a roleplay for people who like to write. Please join if you find shiny pokémon and a new (detailed) region interesting. Eevee will be your starter~

I second this, guys plz join it's a really fun RP! :D Don't let the few long posts intimidate you or anything though, it's not a very strict RP and the only reason we all did that was to show off and you'll definitely enjoy yourself because everybody here knows RHCP's a cool GM.

/end hyperactive advertising

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
I'm thinking about it, only problem is that I've got an assignment due on the 30th and I'm already in two RPs (which are only just starting). I don't want to compromise role playing for school work, if you get what I mean. xD

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
hey guys, i'm gonna advertize for my RP PMD: Victory's Reign alot of people joined as Explorers (my RP is not a normal PMD RP btw, but with gijinka's) but i need guild workers too :3 i hope some people want to join ^^ but if you want to be an explorer, it's okay too ^^

Example of an gijinka: dragonair Gijinka
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've been a player since... Hm, June 2010 I think. I entered slls81's RP back then for a brief while. Then I didn't RP much until the autumn or even winter. I think. I don't remember precisely xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back