• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Charizard X Vs. Mega Charizard Y?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Y u no make poll?

Mega Charizard X looks more appealing to me and he's finally part Dragon-type as most Charizard fans wanted, so I'm with the guy! That's not to say Mega Charizard Y's sucks, his Ability is neat as well. :)

Years
Both have their unique abilities, but I love X better because he looks cooler and finally gave Charizard that Dragon-type he wanted. Plus, it also allows Charizard to run more physical moves allowing for diversity in what moves he uses.

Meng Jiaxin

Dragonlord of the Seas
Years
Mega Charizard X looks more appealing to me and he's finally part Dragon-type as most Charizard fans wanted, so I'm with the guy! That's not to say Mega Charizard Y's sucks, his Ability is neat as well. :)

Both have their unique abilities, but I love X better because he looks cooler and finally gave Charizard that Dragon-type he wanted. Plus, it also allows Charizard to run more physical moves allowing for diversity in what moves he uses.

I'm with Mega Charizard X too, as I find it much more handy in my team (the Flying typing is permanently taken up by Gyarados despite no STAB). I am just raging over the fact that Mega Gyarados is Water/Dark.>:(

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Y Version does pull an instant solar beam trigger and makes flame thrower twice the punch. X Version do deserves the dragon-typing and making it a decent strong attacker with physical moves. So I like them both

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
Mega Charizard X and Mega Charizard Y have their abilities, and both are very powerful! But I think I prefer Mega Charizard X because of his awesome design and because he receives the dragon-type that many fans wanted!

Years
Charizard X, it's got what I feel is the better design of the two. Or at least, it's more visually striking than Charizard Y. Plus it changing to dragon-type is more interesting to me. No comments about their power since I've used neither yet in battles.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I feel Charizard Y to be a little more appealing when it comes to design, mostly because it manages to maintain its original color-scheme. X isn't all too bad when it comes to this, but to me, does seem slightly out-of-place.

I prefer X a little more battling-wise, however, as I find it to be more easy to utilize.

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2019
Have to say I like Charizard Y a little more because while Charizard X is a threat that stands by itself, Charizard Y can use it's sun to support it's team. However, that sun isn't always a good thing, and Charizard Y loses a lot of power if it is gone, so you pair it up with things like Tyranitar or politoed.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Thanks for the input, everyone! I guess X is better statistically, but I can't help but think that Y has the better overall design.

Also, this may be the wrong place to ask this, but how do I make a poll?

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen yesterday
Both have their unique abilities, but I love X better because he looks cooler and finally gave Charizard that Dragon-type he wanted. needed. Plus, it also allows Charizard to run more physical moves allowing for diversity in what moves he uses.
that had to be corrected

Years
As someone who has and has used both in battle, I can't really choose one over the other, both design and strength-wise. X has very good physical attack thanks access to Dragon Dance, it's base stats and Tough Claws, while Y can dish out some heavy hits with STAB Fire moves coupled with Drought. In addition, Y needs no charge-up with Solarbeam unless weather conditions change.

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2016
Actually design wise only things thats going for Mega Charizard X are its colours and it's Dragon type hype. Mega Charizard Y on the other hand has a much more elegant and sleek design. If you paint it same colours as Mega Charizard X you will see that it is simply better also ironically it is the most dragon looking pokemon in the game despite not being a Dragon type.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
It's tough for me to choose, because I like X better in terms of design, but Y is far superior when it comes to competitive battling. I'll say my vote overall goes to Mega Charizard Y, because at the end of the day it's the one that I end up using the most :3

Years
You have to admit I'm not usually a Charizard fan but Mega Charizard X did at least make me like him a bit more, to the point he was on my X team. I just wanted those awesome blue flames hehehe

Years
Extreme Sp.Atk, Drought powered Solar Beams and Fire Blasts? I couldn't ask for anything better. Charizard Y all the way across the sky.

mjb8910

mjb8910
Years
They both have their advantages and disadvantages. Probably I like Y better because of the drought ability. It also is immune to most entry hazards but takes 4x the damage on Stealth Rock so it loses over half of its HP. Man Gotta hate Stealth Rock Charizard fans!

Back