• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Help,
I recently downloaded Yape, but I got an error.
I tried fixing it, and succeeded, but then I got a different error that said:

"Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application"

I've tried fixing it, but I can't.

PLEASE HELP!

Please, next time you get an error that has to do with windows, google it first. It's really easy to find answers to questions like these.

Here you go:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp...=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=2aeeae8f1bff98ea

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
Is thig bug fixable?
How can I find the right image in UNLZ to replace the "arrow", seeing it seems to be corrupted?
wivy9f.jpg

vmq9ac.jpg

57c6691f6_zoom.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2013
Quick Question :P

Um, lets say I'm playing a beta for a ROM and a new version comes out. How do i update that version without deleting my saves? It would suck to start all over. The game I want to update is flora skies with the new complement dex. Thanks for the help!!!

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I can't seem to save map connections on maps that I've inserted, and replaced over other maps. If I make a new map altogether, it works fine.

What's wrong?

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2011
How could I change the trainer music in GBA roms?
I am aware that changing the trainer class in Advance Trainer (eg. changing PKMN TRAINER BRENDAN to TEAM AQUA BRENDAN) would make the Team Aqua/Magma Grunt theme play when I battle with him, however is there any way I could change the battle music without having to change the Trainer class? When I try to rename the class (Eg. if I renamed TEAM AQUA BRENDAN back to PKMN TRAINER BRENDAN, still meaning the aqua/magma theme plays) every team aqua grunt suddenly is called PKMN TRAINER GRUNT and I don't really want that...

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
How many people will be able to solve this question?

I need to decode a binary which I've unpacked from a DS game ROM. I suspect the contents are full of Unicode goodness so I want to know what's in it. Anyone know about decoding them?
Um, that is incredibly vague. What format—is it text only or a binary (image or other data) format? What file extension? Bits from the file header? Who says it's Unicode and not something like Shift‐JIS? If it is Unicode, is it UTF‐8 or UTF‐16 (or something else entirely)? I'm surprised you would ask something like this without giving necessary details.

Baconkillszombies

I AM NOT A ZOMBIE >.>
Years
Forgive my newbieness,but does anyone know if it's possible to do wifi/internet fights with emulators? I was trying to do so with a DeSmume emulator earlier and got so close, yet it seemed fail. To be fair I was only trying to do the mystery gift thing,but I don't really know if it's still possible.

If it is possible, can someone point me in the right direction? :P

Thanks in advance.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
hmm, just a question,
this has something to do with palletes, i was trying to insert a graphic stuff for my hack, by reading the tut, one part of the tut said to change the first pallete of the pic after indexing to a brighter colour as it is the transparent colour it is okae to change it but the problem is all my try of indexing the first pallete is not the transparent colour but instead one of the colour use in the pic which when i change the colour the area the colour is use in the pic will change too..
Do you know why my first pallete is not transparent pallete or how to move the transparent pallete to the front..

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
Bumping an old question...
Is thig bug fixable?
How can I find the right image in UNLZ to replace the "arrow", seeing it seems to be corrupted?
wivy9f.jpg

vmq9ac.jpg

57c6691f6_zoom.png

and adding a new one:
Every time I try to load my rom in YAPE, I get this error
Spoiler:

It's not a problem with YAPE, as it can load a clean rom without problems. Any help on this?

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012
im replacing the pokemon sprites with heartgold soulsilver ones and for some reason it comes out like this the programs im using are infranview and photoshop elements

Attachments

• oops.png
    oops.png
    171.9 KB · Views: 6

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
hgss pallete but only 16 colors i indexed it its 64x64 and the trasparent color seemed to work is there a reason it scrambles pixels
I'm not sure but you should try using Wichu's Advanced Series tools. [Go to the toolbox] it makes inserting sprites really easy and as far as I know shouldn't produce an error liek this.

Varin

Storm'd at with shot and shell
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 24, 2013
Is it possible to expand the size of the Kanto Order Pokedex in FireRed? I want to include 210 Pokemon prior to the E4, and obviously it naturally caps at 151. Is there any way to edit this?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Is it possible to expand the size of the Kanto Order Pokedex in FireRed? I want to include 210 Pokemon prior to the E4, and obviously it naturally caps at 151. Is there any way to edit this?

I believe it's possible through ASM.

Not an expert on ASM though...

is there a tutorial or any tips or rules that have been posted for this program?

Not that I know of, but it's really easy to use.
Just save a back-up of your ROM hack.

Liquid Twilight

Super Geek
Years
I have a few questions regarding Firered and Ruby.

Is it possible with ASM or otherwise to create new menus on the main menu screen and possible sub menus?

Also, regarding headbutting trees, I noticed not too long ago there was a tutorial on here about how to include headbutting in Firered. How would I go about using ASM to create a random outcome for that event, for example, headbutt the tree once and a Spearow falls out and then headbutt it again and a rare candy falls out?

Would I use variables for this to store a random integer?

Varin

Storm'd at with shot and shell
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 24, 2013
In Advance Map, when editing a script, what do the variables "Var number" and "Var value" do? I have created an event, but all it does is cause the player to become incapable of motion. I don't think it is the script and all the other variables seem to be okay, so I think it has something to do with one of those two.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back