• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I really don't need to depend on autocorrect as much on my tablet as I do on my iPod touch.. but that's because my thumbs/fingers aren't the smallest, and I can often press the wrong keystrokes on my iPod :p

Ironically though I am more prone to typos on my tablet, but that's just from me using Swype in a swift manner and not paying attention to where I'm swiping.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I got that it was a joke and still do not see the relevance of you pointing it out. xD I got my sister in law a bluetooth headset though for Christmas... I hope she likes this one! It was on sale <.<

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I have a very difficult time trying to type on my mum's Samsung Galaxy S II, as the default Samsung keyboard always tries to autocorrect everything and never shows what you typed.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I have never really typed enough on a touch screen to use the keyboard. My old Droid phone had a slide-out keyboard, and whenever I use my tablet, I use my wireless keyboard. It's more comfortable to me then trying to use the onscreen one.

I'm sure I'll have autocorrect stories to tell with my new Droid phone. It doesn't have a slide-out keyboard.

To close any 'modern' app in Windows 8. Move the courser to the top of the screen in the app, the arrow should turn to a hand, click and drag towards the bottom of the screen to close the app.
Handy to know! Alt+F4 is my preferred method. It's what I default to when it comes time to close a window since that's what I use in work. (We have a mouse attached to all computers, but I'm usually carrying several things in my arms, so it's easier to just use two fingers than to juggle a mouse.)

To open pictures the 'old' way, right click on any photo and choose open with, then choose "Choose Default Program" then select Windows Photo Viewer.
And already did that.

It's mostly when I check the weather (the only app I still use on the desktop) that I have to remember that I can't simply click an X button on the top right. But Alt+F4 works. And now I know another way, so thank you!

I got used to Windows 8. I just don't like the fact that I can't play a game that I want, and that I had to jump through hoops to install my printer. But I'm not going to get angry when forced to use Windows 8 or whatever is next.

Really and honestly, my problem with Windows 8 is that I can't play the Sims 2 on my desktop. That's it. Everything else is manageable. I just want my Sims back.

Years
I have never really typed enough on a touch screen to use the keyboard. My old Droid phone had a slide-out keyboard, and whenever I use my tablet, I use my wireless keyboard. It's more comfortable to me then trying to use the onscreen one.

I'm sure I'll have autocorrect stories to tell with my new Droid phone. It doesn't have a slide-out keyboard.

Handy to know! Alt+F4 is my preferred method. It's what I default to when it comes time to close a window since that's what I use in work. (We have a mouse attached to all computers, but I'm usually carrying several things in my arms, so it's easier to just use two fingers than to juggle a mouse.)

And already did that.

It's mostly when I check the weather (the only app I still use on the desktop) that I have to remember that I can't simply click an X button on the top right. But Alt+F4 works. And now I know another way, so thank you!

I got used to Windows 8. I just don't like the fact that I can't play a game that I want, and that I had to jump through hoops to install my printer. But I'm not going to get angry when forced to use Windows 8 or whatever is next.

Really and honestly, my problem with Windows 8 is that I can't play the Sims 2 on my desktop. That's it. Everything else is manageable. I just want my Sims back.

It just outright won't install? Windows 8 is just Windows NT 6.2, so it should theoretically play nice since it plays nice with Windows NT 6.0 (Vista), and Windows NT 6.1 (W7), at least from what I've experiences and learned from the experiences of others.

Or is it a matter of the games being on discs and not having disc slots? For that, you could buy a USB CD drive and install it that way or borrow a friend's computer and rip all the discs to .iso files and then use Windows 8's built in .iso mounting feature to mount the .iso file into a virtual CD drive.

Years
I've been using one for nearly two years now on my HTC Sensation and I'm still not used to it.

Could be worse, though. I could be trying to use an on screen keyboard on one of those "feature" phone "smart" phones. Those things are so horrid I'd almost recommend supergluing a bluetooth keyboard to them.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
It just outright won't install? Windows 8 is just Windows NT 6.2, so it should theoretically play nice since it plays nice with Windows NT 6.0 (Vista), and Windows NT 6.1 (W7), at least from what I've experiences and learned from the experiences of others.

Or is it a matter of the games being on discs and not having disc slots? For that, you could buy a USB CD drive and install it that way or borrow a friend's computer and rip all the discs to .iso files and then use Windows 8's built in .iso mounting feature to mount the .iso file into a virtual CD drive.

Teehee.

If I recall correctly, that game had official support for a lot of Windows versions by the very last Stuff Pack. When the base game was first released, well, Vista and 7 weren't out.

I absolutely hate on-screen keyboards on smartphones. I've had to backspace at least 50 times so far, and it posted my message before I was even done typing it. It's absolutely unbelievable.

Not all on-screen keyboards are made equal ;)

I wouldn't want to have a physical QWERTY keyboard given a good software keyboard, since, well, they make your phone larger than they should be, and the keys are still tiny...

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
My brother has a Windows phone and it truly is built around quick productivity. I was pretty impressed by it. Not saying I'd trade my Android (NOT DROID) phone for one, but they're definitely nice devices.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
My brother has a Windows phone and it truly is built around quick productivity. I was pretty impressed by it. Not saying I'd trade my Android (NOT DROID) phone for one, but they're definitely nice devices.
As someone who has a Windows Phone, and has used Android and iOS devices. Windows Phone is the most fluid and easy to use. iOS comes in a close second. Android is in it's own league. Sure you can customise it, but most useres get lost in all of the options and end up confused.

Another way to exit the app is to move the mouse into the bottom left corner and click on the start button that pops up. Or since you are already on the keyboard. Press the Windows logo to get back to the start screen. If you are in an app, pressing the Windows logo key and the 'D' at the same time will take you straight to the desktop.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Speaking of Windows 8, the more I use it the more I like it. I installed classic shell to give me back the real start menu and boy do I love it.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Despite being an android fan, when I buy my next phone(well after a couple of years with the one I'm buying this week) it definitely will be Windows 8/9/whatever. I love how 8.1 is gonna have on screen buttons. For some reason I'm fine with physical touch buttons on android, but the minimalistic design of Windows 8 with touch buttons is jarring, and if its all on one screen then it would be truly amazing. Well that and actually having the amount of apps android has(and even that pales to iOS)

Years
Teehee.

If I recall correctly, that game had official support for a lot of Windows versions by the very last Stuff Pack. When the base game was first released, well, Vista and 7 weren't out.

They re-released the base game a couple of different times bundled with a couple different expansions that made it compatible with Vista and 7. The Sims 2 saw the end of support for 98 and ME while it was the current version of the game and saw the introduction of Vista and 7, so it makes sense that it had so many game supported for the last expansion.

Years
Despite being an android fan, when I buy my next phone(well after a couple of years with the one I'm buying this week) it definitely will be Windows 8/9/whatever. I love how 8.1 is gonna have on screen buttons. For some reason I'm fine with physical touch buttons on android, but the minimalistic design of Windows 8 with touch buttons is jarring, and if its all on one screen then it would be truly amazing. Well that and actually having the amount of apps android has(and even that pales to iOS)
I'm hoping my next phone is a Windows Phone, more specifically the Nokia Lumia 520. I've had the same feature phone for going on five years now, and I'd definitely like to be able to do more with a cell phone than just take calls and text in a slow manner. But I'm not going Android because I don't really need apps on my phone when I have my tablet, which is plenty of Android for me. :p

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Zach, you just don't know man... you just don't know xD

I upgraded my phone to CM 11 OFFICIAL! My phone has it official... so awesome. It's running 4.4.2 KitKat and is smooth as silk.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Perhaps, but the most important thing of a phone is being a phone, in my opinion.
That's kinda why I've been avoiding the use of any smartphones up till now. Been rocking old school Sony Ericssons so far, but android has become far too tempting for me. I'm gonna miss my phone, was so used to using the A200 UI...

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Sometimes I wish you could upgrade a phone's hardware for free while retaining the external appearance. These phones are getting bigger and bigger... For some reason, 4.x" phones now qualify as "mini". I want better hardware, but I obviously can't upgrade my pockets. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back