• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
This is actually a major glitch, but I didn't find it. Heatran, did you?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Ampharos 45, Typhlosion 50 and Pidgeot 44 .
Didn't learn any move since 31.
I'm checking my swampert to see if he'll learn moves after 31, he's 38 now o_O

Well, that is a major glitch o_o

Have you used any cheat codes?

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
k ppl been away for the weekend (ALGARVE!!!) partying 'till 5:00, then sgx 'till 8:00 (:D)
i got some bugs here (and some text corrections) for zel, might have been posted before because they're quite obvious, but ill post them anyway (sorry i cant post screenshots - only by my 15th post)

1.-"He'll (guide gent) put a TOWN MAP on your BAG" (OPPRESSED POKEGEAR SCREAMING FOR HELP No.1) - seriously in dont think the poke gear is necessary here, just edit that

2.- Dark Cave 1st section (lacking screenshot) - in that boulder you need to get around to get to the topmost part of that section (around the ledge), on the 1st upper tile from the right on that boulder, if you look downwards, you'll see a exit arrow (like in every building), but obviosly you cant exit there

3.- I think someone has mention this in a general way, but ill narrow it. The 1st person view when entering the dark cave its the rockets hideout from FR. I think that view would be most suited for the radio tower. By the way the 1st person view of the radio tower is.. a cave.

4.-(OPPRESSED POKEGEAR SCREAMING FOR HELP No.2) There's a chick in the 2nd floor of the radio tower who actually mentions the pokegear when talking to her (forgot what she says) - another text edit

5.-When u check the area of a poke in your pokedex it actually shows a kanto map with some smalls maps around it (might be sevii islands maps, idont know because i havent played FR till the elite 4)

6.- In the so-called early trip to kanto, when the guy tells u to check your map, it does show the kanto map, but your face is out of any road, some 4 squares above Indigo Plateau (for a split second i thought i had become a extreme hiker)

after this, just two questions:

1.- zel, you said you overwrote the seviis with jotho, but as you start in there, didn't you really wrote jotho over kanto and then kanto over the seviis?

2.- As im still in Olivine, and not caring about spoiler ads, :
-are we able to get all the starters and all the eeveelutions without trading in B5? if not, in B6 or final?
-and are all legendaries (except jirachi; as you WISH (lol) , ill find it out by myself) alredy present in B5, (or the main history photo-finish in B6) or will you include some in the extra areas you'll include in the final version?

great, GREAT game
(just dont make me waste 3 hours headbutting just to find carterpie's family and spearows...)

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
clonex just uploaded two videos of the Johto BGMs he's been inserting on his rom, so, listen to them and comment and be serious, if there's anything that you'd think it could be fixed, then do it, in the end, you'll be the ones who'll be hearing the themes for a lot of hours >.<

clonex's Johto magical journey - Part1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b5Kd-e8Q2M
clonex's Johto magical journey - Part2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNqjNmTRdoA

Those BGMs sound awesome. However, I think the beggining of Route 37 theme needs to be redone a little bit. Too many melody lines at the same time. It sounds a bit off.

And it's nice to hear Route 26/27 theme. I totally love this theme.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Those BGMs sound awesome. However, I think the beggining of Route 37 theme needs to be redone a little bit. Too many melody lines at the same time. It sounds a bit off.

And it's nice to hear Route 26/27 theme. I totally love this theme.

I agree ^3^

I love Ecruteak City's Music, it brings back such fond memories...

yoni159

a ... nvm/np
Years
to JJK:
1:no. he used done it on the sevii(check with advance map).
2:Zel already told that groudon and kyogre will be only in beta 6 or later.

good luck Zel.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 20, 2021
I just re-downloaded this (I had to delete all my hacks, downloaded and made by myself). Its been a long time since I've played this. I can't wait 'till Beta 6!

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
it's an awesome game.
but I can't pass to Kanto part....
affter the E4 my game returns to the start of the game.
what to do?

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
I think the trainer music starts of like the fr gym leaders but faster.
I can't wait for a rocket grunt remix. That is a classic.And the elite 4 and both kind of gym leaders.

Are you still gonna do the healing house idea for the dead pcs?

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
the musics are really great...
rembers me the ol' 4th grade times when me and 9 other guys joined and entered the routes to hear those bips in chorus... my gb speakers actually stop working
didnt matter, my skarmory\magneton\forretress\2x steelix\scizor blew the all... 1st steve in history :D

anyway IS B6 comin out in june? great news!!!
well zel himself tells us not to grow attached to our pokes so... :)
(but its HARD to do that...)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I'll try to do my best to do some replies, but to tell you the truth I got a bit lost... -_-

hm... I see. I am excited to see them then. :P

by the way, zel...
I played Shiny Gold yesterday, and I stopped after I defeated the Rockets in Mahogany Town, yet, here's my little report...
Spoiler:

I think that's all. Keep up the great work, zel. :classic:

1.I'll try to remember about checking about that during the next fixing phase.
2.Now I have inserted a MD Dragonite sprite so that wont be a problem next time :D
3.I know, I know
4.Maybe for the X, have I changed her moves a bit...? *Checks* Nope, OK, I'll give it something else.

It is said to be possible to trade FR<->SG. Don't know if it is true.

SG is FR in the end, so trading between FR and FR is possible. The only thing that cannot be done inmediately is trading between SG and RSE, but you know that for that you'll need to reach Pallet.

A few headbut trees in route 1 make a pinging sound.

That's because there's a script there looking for the "Headbutt" movement. That sound will guide you to know which trees are headbutteable so I dont think it's bad.

Hey Zel, remember me? Haha I haven't been on in a while :)

Well yesterday I decided to play Shiny Gold (I admit I never played it until then, mainly because I was waiting for lots of progress :))

Found a new bug (I doubt this one is fixable)

After the bug-catching contest, all of my Pokemon have the 'traded' status and my name (:S) has changed from JAKE to JAK (woah)

Snrub

Hey, long time!

Anyway, about the name changing it's the "name changing mystery". I think other people get the same problem but on other places, not after the Bug Catching Contest (it is probable that the problem could be generated there, though, considering how many variables and switches I have used there... :\)

Ampharos 45, Typhlosion 50 and Pidgeot 44 .
Didn't learn any move since 31.
I'm checking my swampert to see if he'll learn moves after 31, he's 38 now o_O

Sounds fishy, I have used Ampharos and Pidgeot many times and I think that they learned moves. Maybe you are using a different FR rom. Dont forget that this is a hack of Fire Red(U)

k ppl been away for the weekend (ALGARVE!!!) partying 'till 5:00, then sgx 'till 8:00 (:D)
i got some bugs here (and some text corrections) for zel, might have been posted before because they're quite obvious, but ill post them anyway (sorry i cant post screenshots - only by my 15th post)

1.-"He'll (guide gent) put a TOWN MAP on your BAG" (OPPRESSED POKEGEAR SCREAMING FOR HELP No.1) - seriously in dont think the poke gear is necessary here, just edit that

2.- Dark Cave 1st section (lacking screenshot) - in that boulder you need to get around to get to the topmost part of that section (around the ledge), on the 1st upper tile from the right on that boulder, if you look downwards, you'll see a exit arrow (like in every building), but obviosly you cant exit there

3.- I think someone has mention this in a general way, but ill narrow it. The 1st person view when entering the dark cave its the rockets hideout from FR. I think that view would be most suited for the radio tower. By the way the 1st person view of the radio tower is.. a cave.

4.-(OPPRESSED POKEGEAR SCREAMING FOR HELP No.2) There's a chick in the 2nd floor of the radio tower who actually mentions the pokegear when talking to her (forgot what she says) - another text edit

5.-When u check the area of a poke in your pokedex it actually shows a kanto map with some smalls maps around it (might be sevii islands maps, idont know because i havent played FR till the elite 4)

6.- In the so-called early trip to kanto, when the guy tells u to check your map, it does show the kanto map, but your face is out of any road, some 4 squares above Indigo Plateau (for a split second i thought i had become a extreme hiker)

after this, just two questions:

1.- zel, you said you overwrote the seviis with jotho, but as you start in there, didn't you really wrote jotho over kanto and then kanto over the seviis?

2.- As im still in Olivine, and not caring about spoiler ads, :
-are we able to get all the starters and all the eeveelutions without trading in B5? if not, in B6 or final?
-and are all legendaries (except jirachi; as you WISH (lol) , ill find it out by myself) alredy present in B5, (or the main history photo-finish in B6) or will you include some in the extra areas you'll include in the final version?

great, GREAT game
(just dont make me waste 3 hours headbutting just to find carterpie's family and spearows...)

Well, a bunch are stuff that I (or my testers) would find during the next Beta testing, while others (like the "put my head on the map correctly") I cannot fix (or I'm just lazy to fix because fixing it would consume a lot of time)

About your questions:

1-It's just as I said, Sevii is the replacement for Johto. Why would I make everything crazier and replace Kanto for Johto when I'd know that I'd need Kanto later?

2-Except the other two Johto starters, you can get all the 1st and 3rd gen starters as of B5.
B5 has Celebi, Ho-oh, Suicune, Entei, Raikou and Jirachi as legendaries. The next release will have a few more. And the final release will have them all, either as part of the storyline, or as sidequests.

Are you still gonna do the healing house idea for the dead pcs?

Temporarily for the next Beta, yes. I'd like them to work as real PCs, but I'm not so sure if that can be done.

So, I could take this screenshots about the legendaries with the savestates I had with me. I dont really want to spend more time playing the game just to reach a part with another legendary -_-

battlevshooheo4.png
battlevslugiazl1.png
blockingsnorlaxnu2.png
runningdogsmn8.png

NOTE1: I think Ho-oh's wings' tips are green, but I just didnt have a green close, so blue they will be.
NOTE2: Snorlax is eating a bit of the tree, yeah, I think I just need to fix the tile with the Block Editor, so it's not a big problem (BTW, it's funny 'cause I made Snorlax look as if he's sleeping... ^^)
NOTE3: Dont wonder what that guy is doing around the dogs, it's just that I warped myself there and the flag that removed him wasn't activated :P
NOTE4: Meh, I noticed I could use another sprite for when the dogs escape... -_- ... -_- ... -_-

spaceboy827

BTing and hacking, fun stuff
Years
wow, those new legendary sprites look pretty good. i guess this means i will have to restart my file to see these new changes from B5. ah well. its only the 4th time ive had to do it XP

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
I love the MD sprites for the game. It does seem better. Lugia looks a little off though. I think it needs to have the base of its feet and wings look like they are touching the water and have it's reflection shown in the water (it just doesnt seem right for Crystal to be reflected but the Lugia 5 times her size isn't). Otherwise they look absolutely great.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
So, I could take this screenshots about the legendaries with the savestates I had with me. I dont really want to spend more time playing the game just to reach a part with another legendary -_-

battlevshooheo4.png
battlevslugiazl1.png
blockingsnorlaxnu2.png
runningdogsmn8.png

NOTE1: I think Ho-oh's wings' tips are green, but I just didnt have a green close, so blue they will be.
NOTE2: Snorlax is eating a bit of the tree, yeah, I think I just need to fix the tile with the Block Editor, so it's not a big problem (BTW, it's funny 'cause I made Snorlax look as if he's sleeping... ^^)
NOTE3: Dont wonder what that guy is doing around the dogs, it's just that I warped myself there and the flag that removed him wasn't activated :P
NOTE4: Meh, I noticed I could use another sprite for when the dogs escape... -_- ... -_- ... -_-
I like all of them except snorlax. I think snorlax should be facing the player instead of it's side facing the player.

100th post!

Back