• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What games don't you like but others enjoy?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Skyrim - far too open and seriously unpolished (I mean, think back to the opening where there were glitches EVERYWHERE). Also, I really like Dragon's Dogma, which is pretty much a better version of Skyrim.

FF13 - I am an avid Final Fantasy fan, but this game hurt. In some respects, the sequel was actually better. The characters are uninspired, the gameplay was dull and the 'summons' were disappointing.

Kingdom Hearts - I hate the meshing of un-related universes. Considering all FFs are separate (with some theoretical exceptions), and disney universes are separate... it just doesn't work. Severely overrated imo.

Also most FPS, but mainly because I suck at them :<

PixelWarrior

Conqueror of Castles
Years
Definitely going to be League of Legends for me. My brother loves it, and I mean absolutely adores it in a way that it takes up most of his life. He watches videos on it 24/7 and aspires to become a pro. Now, I'm hoping that he enjoys the game to its full extent and all, but I just couldn't get myself to enjoy it.

The characters were visually amazing, actually. I loved the variety and the skin selection in the game, but I was dissapointed to see the actual gameplay. For such good character creation and development, they threw that all away with the horrible playing perspective. The characters details and features are barely visible on the board-game like field and are shrunk by a large margin. On top of that, in ranked matches when it gets to the intense parts of the game and attacks start flying, the small characters shooting their attacks while scrunched together creates a very crowded and ugly looking screen filled with skills and other glowing, flying junk. I tried, but LoL is just not for me.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
-Pretty much every FPS. I've never gotten into FPS's.
-LoL and other MMORPGs.
-Animal Crossing. I tried it, and it still surprises me today, when all my friends are asking me if I got New Leaf, how much I didn't like the series.

Years
Halo is a franchise I can't get into. (but I do play CoD and a lot of other shooters so I doubt it's the FPS aspect) MOBAs, such as League of Legends and Dota 2, are not in my book, as well as some RTS games. Skyrim is a specific game that I didn't play because it was overrated. And to end my list off, sports games (i.e. NBA, EA Sports, etc. etc.) never appealed to me in the first place.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Most shooting games and J-RPGs, irrespective of their perceived quality, are games that I just can't get passed. I understand why they have their fans, but the fundamental principles of how to play the game and the story structure and many of the gameplay elements themselves just don't sit well with me whenever I'm playing. I don't think that many of them are terrible or anything, I just chalk it up to "not for me".

TY

Even tho it has been mentioned a lot. I honestly dont like CoD in fact, i hate it.
I got the game, played for some weeks and then quitted of all the little kids that scream a lot... God this is why i prefer Borderlands over any other FPS (Far Cry 3 being a exception).

The countless invites i got from almost all my friends made me just go on a deleting spree. Maybe thats why my friends list is kinda small xD
Also if i say i dont wanna play the game they instantly insult me from being a coward or a idiot for not playing it.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
Definitely sports games. A lot of my friends at school play stuff like FIFA and NBA and I find myself unable to get into it. It's just that one genre of video games that I know I won't be able to enjoy.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I really didn't like the Super Mario Galaxies, but most fans seemed to enjoy them. I just didn't like the space theme of it all I guess.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Sports games. I think video games are supposed to let you do stuff that is impossible to do in real life. Why play a video game of something you can do in real life?

Yoshi's Island. It's a bit interesting, but I'd rather play a normal Mario game.

Platformer Mario games. I like some of them, but I prefer the spin-off games a lot more.

Zelda. I've played some of the games, and they're fun and interesting, but I never got that much into the series.

Last edited:
Years
I went to my friends' house the other day to play Portal 2. I didn't like it. Don't get me wrong, I can see why people really enjoy it, but it's not one of my games. I asked my friend why he found it fun and he explained it but I still, no matter how much I tried, couldn't like the game. After 2 hours, I simply placed the controller on the floor and asked to play another game.

Years
I don't like CoD and Halo is a bit bland too. I don't like games where all you do is shoot-shoot-shoot. I think most FPS games have the same basic storyline to be honest.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
For me it would be Minecraft...I mean, I DID enjoy the single player game to some extent but it got tedious for me to play after awhile.

OH, and sports games! I've never enjoyed any of the soccer, football, and hockey (among other) games. I'd much prefer to be playing as a guy with magical superhuman powers with nonexistent creatures by my side... Although I don't mind playing sports games with friends, I can't sit there alone and play one without ripping my eyes out.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2015
There's quite a few of these, and I hate to admit it a lot of the time. One big one recently was Skyward Sword, it's not that I didn't enjoy it per-se, I just didn't love it as much as other games in the Zelda series. For me, I enjoyed the LoZ games which added a sense of exploration and discovery such as Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Wind Waker. Each of those games allowed you to freely roam a larger expanse of areas. Within Skyward Sword, you're pretty much limited to the sky, which incidentally, does not actually have a whole lot to see and do. It did bother me that the entire game only really had one town to visit, which hampered the diversity for me. Amazing gameplay and dungeons, as well as story-telling, but thanks to the lack of exploration, the replay factor died a bit for me, and it rendered the post-game redundant as there was pretty much nothing to do.

World of Warcraft, and almost any MMO, bother me. While I love Western RPG's, and RPG's in general, I find MMO's to just really lack storyline and consistency. Quest systems have so much potential, but I've found these games to lack drive and strong design. The same goes for any top-down MMO's, I simply cannot stand games such as League of Legends and Diablo 3.

Mass Effect is another game I struggle to get to terms with, while the series has some of the highest rated games of all time, I have yet to enjoy it much. I find the setting to be overly sci-fi and I suppose that's not a genre that interests me too highly. In saying that, I did pick up the first Mass Effect for 99c, so I might give it another go. I do love my RPG's as I've said before, and while Mass Effect is intended to be one of the finest in existence, I'm struggling to relate to it.

A big one is Dishonored. People have been giving this game massive praise, but I found it to be really badly polished. The start of the game did nothing to engage me, and I feel that if a game can't get you to be engaged within the first hour, it's already failed on you. I know a lot of people enjoy this game, and it does have a lot of positive points about it, I felt it did lack the strength to grab me in and make me want to keep pushing. I never made it to my second hour.

Assassins Creed 3. I love this series, it has some extremely strong points, and I would consider myself very faithful to it. However, the only thing I really enjoyed about this game was the online multiplayer. While it did look great, I found it to be a really buggy and unfinished game, which again, lacked a lot of finesse. It's one I'm almost finished, but find myself struggling to do so. I feel that Ubisoft are certainly cashing in big time, even with AC4, they knew that the most fun thing about AC3 were the ships, so they're making a game where you're a pirate. I'm beginning to lose faith in Ubisoft, so I hope they take more time to polish this one, which is doubtful given the release date.

There's quite a few, and I know my opinions would easily come under fire for them. But alas, we all have our guilty hates.

Last edited:

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
Years
Sports games, Call of Duty, Halo. Also, Dead Island. I got the game because my friend said it was great but it was really hard to get into, the game is really hard. The fact that your weapons break after about 10 hits and you have a horde of zombies chasing you while your unarmed is annoying. I played it three times and gave up. The controls are weird and the map system is confusing and the zombies are way too overpowered, especially with your weak weapons.

EDIT:
A big one is Dishonored. People have been giving this game massive praise, but I found it to be really badly polished. The start of the game did nothing to engage me, and I feel that if a game can't get you to be engaged within the first hour, it's already failed on you. I know a lot of people enjoy this game, and it does have a lot of positive points about it, I felt it did lack the strength to grab me in and make me want to keep pushing. I never made it to my second hour.

I quite liked Dishonored, but the replay value is low. You'd probably only want to replay it a second time for the different ending. (High Chaos, Low Chaos)

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
I'm actually not a fan of Zelda as a whole. The only one that actually ever caught my attention was Four Swords (GameCube) with multiplayer. That's pretty much it. I tried giving OoT a chance when it hit VC since everyone was raging over it, but honestly I didn't enjoy it, in fact the more I played it the less I liked it. Same goes for Twilight Princess. As a result I never bothered with Skyward Sword nor Wind Waker.

Also I'm not a fan of Colosseum/XD games. I just got bored with them super quick. I even didn't get halfway through XD.

...and also I still don't know whether or not I like Super Mario Sunshine.

Last edited:
Back