• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

lukasz_pro

Saiyan Prince
Years
I believe what that guy meant about the final version is the one with graphical edits like to the Pokedex and opening intro. The version Ash is talking about is the translated version from Snakebyte. Since Wesley hasn't updated in a while the translated version is technically the final version.

so theres is no option to get pokedex , bag and trainer card like this ? ( look at screens in #3382 post )

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
I'm trying to get into this hack but seriously, I don't like the plot whatsoever... it feels childish and cheesy. A "voiced" protagonist doesn't help either. Also, The first trainer I battle already has 4 pokemon? No way to heal my starter except for a single "max potion" (??) that I get from a random girl at the very beggining. After that, well, full teams of level 5 pokemon feels weird. Everybody seems to give you rare or uncommon items (or pokemon) for absolutely no reason. A lot of things the NPCs say make no sense at all.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk, not trying to be one, it's just that the whole idea of this hack, I mean regions, leagues, gyms, the pokemon variety, etc. is so awesome that this could be better game than any of the originals... it's kinda disappointing that a variety of small fixable things cheapen it (for me). I have to give (a lot of) credit to the designing and the size of the project though, it's awesome. I may have to understand that this is a hack after all, and for that I apologize. I know it took a lot of time to be made and I praise and thank the creators for that.
Trust me, it does get better. I felt the same at the beginning, and after discovering that a lot of the 4/5th gen Pokémon weren't programmed correctly (cries, exp given etc.), I wasn't sure whether to keep playing. But I did, and even though the hack isn't perfect, it does gets fun after you get fast the first few towns.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Well I've collected 5 badges so far, this game is awesome in regards to its graphics, however there are a few things that could use fixing.

- Many people have the same text.
- Only Ultra Balls and Hyper Potions are available at the first few Marts which cost too much with what you earn from battling.
- Some text haven't been given some thought. Example: ''My Charmander is about the evolve into Charizard.''
- EXP rates which have already been mentioned...
- Cries and trade evolutions changed would be nice.
- Many trainers use the same Pokemon especially different classes as well.
- Red talks.

I don't mean to sound rude, I'm just giving you my opinion, the graphics however are sublime! I mean, you did a really good job with them! I really hope you'll choose to continue working on this hack as there is still room for improvement! :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
Well I've collected 5 badges so far, this game is awesome in regards to its graphics, however there are a few things that could use fixing.

- Many people have the same text.
- Only Ultra Balls and Hyper Potions are available at the first few Marts which cost too much with what you earn from battling.
- Some text haven't been given some thought. Example: ''My Charmander is about the evolve into Charizard.''
- EXP rates which have already been mentioned...
- Cries and trade evolutions changed would be nice.
- Many trainers use the same Pokemon especially different classes as well.
- Red talks.

I don't mean to sound rude, I'm just giving you my opinion, the graphics however are sublime! I mean, you did a really good job with them! I really hope you'll choose to continue working on this hack as there is still room for improvement! :)
I totally agree with all of these things, it would be wonderful if they could be fixed. Wesley is still active on these forums, but I don't know if he reads these posts. If he does, I hope he realises we would really appreciate an updated version! Obviously it requires effort, and if he doesn't want to do it then that's up to him, but I know I would really love if Wesley could attempt to fix some of these things (changing the exp given isn't that hard, but changing the cries is ((Chaos Rush is doing a great job inserting all of the 4/5th gen Pokémon into Ruby, with correct cries and new moves)) and I don't know how hard it is to fix the problems with the new Pokémon). And by the way, a lot of the trade evolution Pokémon like Lampent, Seadra, etc. can be obtained through in game trade. :)

Last edited:

Kaith

Hacker of Fire
Years
Can someone help me? I'm at the snowce city gym and the gym leader isn't there! I already went to the Pokecenter and the ranger chick (never played the ranger games so I don't have her name memorized) told me to go find the gym leader in Mt. Icestorm. I went and found her and the gym leader left for the gym, but she's still not there! I did use and escape rope and flew back to the city. Please don't tell me that doing that glitch my game cus I already saved before entering the gym -,-

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
is it possible to catch all the pokemon in this game?

Im too lazy to read ^.^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And we might be too lazy to answer ^.^

Can someone help me? I'm at the snowce city gym and the gym leader isn't there! I already went to the Pokecenter and the ranger chick (never played the ranger games so I don't have her name memorized) told me to go find the gym leader in Mt. Icestorm. I went and found her and the gym leader left for the gym, but she's still not there! I did use and escape rope and flew back to the city. Please don't tell me that doing that glitch my game cus I already saved before entering the gym -,-
You need to find her again at the end of Mt. Icestorm =)

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years

Guys Pokemon Light Platinum Fan Art,
Make by FireReDragon (DA)

pokemonlightplatinumpok.jpg

Check More in My DA PAGE http://wesleyfg.deviantart.com/

PKM LP in here http://wesleyfg.weebly.com/

and one important notice, in the next moonth i will public screens about my new project, wait

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
How do you evolve snorunt into froslass? Leveled my female snorunt, but it keeps evolving at lvl 42 to glalie, lol. And what about the other evolution? Only trading or can they now be evolved at a specific level?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
How do you evolve snorunt into froslass? Leveled my female snorunt, but it keeps evolving at lvl 42 to glalie, lol. And what about the other evolution? Only trading or can they now be evolved at a specific level?
I believe it's by trading.

Please READ BACK previous posts before asking this question coz its been answewred 1000000000000 times already..
Objection!
Your number is rounded too much!

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2012
Hello people, I am about to fix the EXP rates now! :) i will release a english version to the people who send me a private message.

>edit< People who want to help me doing this even if u have 0% knowledge about pokemon scripting Contact me please
<edit< Also fixing the capture rates to the original ones

>Edit > dont need anymore help

>Edit> Working 100% Also for PSP , Exp rates/Capture rates fixed.

Last edited:
Back