• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC Fitness Club

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
dance is actually a very physically demanding exercise

and today I think I ate a whole packet of biscuits
will power = 0

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Dont worry impo I'm sure you'll make it up tomorrow as do some extra cardio or something! I demolish packets of Tim tams and cookies all the time so it wont be bad.

On the willpower thing though its better to give yourself tears every now and then instead of just cutting yourself off completely. I think I read the best way is to not tell yourself you won't have it and instead say you'll have it later of you do something etc and possibly continually putting it off so just be confident impo!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
o m f g. Out of the 5 hours that I was at college today 3 were dancing. That literally killed me. I enjoyed it though, so it looks like when I start college properly in September I'll be doing a lot of exercise. For now I'll just have to do exercise using the Wii and whatever else I find useful.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Dancing is very good for you and your core! I think its a fantastic exercise to be doing! What do you use on the Wii? Just Wii fit? And by whatever you find useful do you mean like strength building exercises?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Dont worry impo I'm sure you'll make it up tomorrow as do some extra cardio or something! I demolish packets of Tim tams and cookies all the time so it wont be bad.

I'm not going to the Gym today and it's too wet to go running D:
Luckily I bought a skipping rope from the mall today so I might try and jump some rope but I got really tired really quick :/

On the willpower thing though its better to give yourself tears every now and then instead of just cutting yourself off completely. I think I read the best way is to not tell yourself you won't have it and instead say you'll have it later of you do something etc and possibly continually putting it off so just be confident impo!

That's good to hear. I might just try and do some home exercises today :D

Perriechu

Years
Dancing is very good for you and your core! I think its a fantastic exercise to be doing! What do you use on the Wii? Just Wii fit? And by whatever you find useful do you mean like strength building exercises?

On the Wii I use Just Dance. :x Wii Fit is kinda boring for me tbh. JD kills me though. And by useful I just meant anything that basically has me doing exercise lalalala. The only thing that fits that though is the Wii and my Crosstrainer that never gets used.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Oh well at least you're having fun on just dance. I assume you're a dancer with all this dancing you do!
Oh why don't you use you're cross trainer?

As long as youre doing something impo all is good! You should be doing the 6 week thing for your holiday body though!

Perriechu

Years
Oh well at least you're having fun on just dance. I assume you're a dancer with all this dancing you do!
Oh why don't you use you're cross trainer?

As long as youre doing something impo all is good! You should be doing the 6 week thing for your holiday body though!

I'm a performing arts student so dancing is mandatory ): I prefer acting/singing > dancing tbh.

My cross trainer is like really old so when it's used it creeks like hell, my mum keeps saying she'll fix it but the day never comes.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years

My cross trainer is like really old so when it's used it creeks like hell, my mum keeps saying she'll fix it but the day never comes.

omg put in headphones they'll drown it out. The treadmills at the gym are loud but I can't tell (the people around me can though)

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Oh thats really cool! I wish you the best of luck with that Dragon!

Oh who cares about the sound it makes just put on some headphones/earphones and youll be set! Music while you work out is where its atttt!

So I was thinking to get some more activity in this club I'd post a health recipe once a week that I find in Australia's Men's Health and Men's Fitness as a way to help people who need some healthy food recipes etc. I would also encourage members to post their own recipes as well and maybe we can put together our own diets from the recipes we collect! (sounds fun doesnt it!)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Today my family went to McDonalds and I only had a bottle of water because McDonalds is disgusting I am proud of myself. Did anyone else know they put the kilojoules next to each meal so now you get to feel extra guilty! I like it!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Today my family went to McDonalds and I only had a bottle of water because McDonalds is disgusting I am proud of myself. Did anyone else know they put the kilojoules next to each meal so now you get to feel extra guilty! I like it!

Well you can still be healthy and eat at Maccies, i know in the UK at least they do grilled chicken salads (which to be fair are kinda nice imo) and fruit etc. =P

Spoiler:

Went to the gym today, was back and triceps day tagged some abs onto the end too. Couldn't do any deadlifts (which is annoying as its my best lift) tho as ive done something to my back at work which sucks ass. I basically avoided all lower back exercises and just stuck to rows etc for upper back. Bent over rows didnt hurt me though i hope i havent snapped any crap up in there. =/

Going to try a day of intermittent fasting tomorrow and then do it once a week. Wish me luck. Might continue it if it works as its meant to be awesome.

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Well heres the first recipe im going to share, taken from Mens Health Australia:

Hamburgers With Mushroom Sauce!(4 servings; 21 minutes to make)

Ingredients:
700g ground sirloin.
Salt and pepper
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced
2 glaric gloves minced
100g button or swiss brown mushrooms (stems removed) thinly sliced.
1/2 tbsp flour
1/2 beef/chicken stock
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce (low sodium recommended)
1/2 Worcestershire sauce.

Steps:
Step 1 (minutes 0 - 11)
Sear the burgers.
Preheat the oven to 90 degree's C. On the stove heat a large frying pan on medium-high. Season the burgers with salt and pepper and add the oil to the hot pan and swirl, then add the burgers. Cook them until they're browned on both sides and medium-rare; 3-4 minutes each side. Put the burgers on a baking tray and put them in the oven to keep them warm.

Step 2 (minutes 12 - 17):
Saute the Veggies
Add the onions, garlic and mushrooms to the frying pan and cook them until they begin to brown; 5-7 minutes.

Step 3 (minutes 18-21):
Make the sauce.
Sprinkle the flour over the veggies and stir with a wooden spoon to coat. Stir in the stock, breaking up any lumps and add the tomato, soy and worcestershire sauces. Cook the sauce until it thickens; 2-3 minutes. Serve the burgers topped with the sauce on either spinach or wholemeal buns.

Nutrition info per serving:
1840 kilojoules, 50 grams protein, 7g carbohydrates, 1g fibre, 22g fat, 406 mg sodium.\

Hope you guys enjoy and try it out! Again all credit on the recipe to Men's health Australia.

Perriechu

Years
I've been awful this weekend because I've done no exercise. I was nursing my hangover ): But I did try to eat healthily. Well I didn't eat anything but w/e.

This week I'll get things back on track. Hopefully. :x

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
So dark you target specific muscle groups when you hit the gym? Wanna share your routine? :P also it's no good when you hurt yourself so make sure you don't make it worst working out.

Haha dragon don't even worry I had the worst weekend.. I had maccas subway hungry jacks and KFC instead of healthy food. My body did get angry at me and make me sick when I got home but hey. I'll work it all off this week anyway!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
So dark you target specific muscle groups when you hit the gym? Wanna share your routine? :P also it's no good when you hurt yourself so make sure you don't make it worst working out.

Sure, this is what is currently. Its a 3 day split routine at the moment.

Biceps + Chest

Chest

Flat Bench (Main exercise)

Decline Bench or Decline Dumbell Press or started doing some Guillotine presses also recently. (awesome for man cleavage aka upper chest lol!)

Incline Flyes or one of above exercises.

Bicep

Barbell Curls / Preacher Curls

Incline Hammer Curls

Arnold concentration curls

All above are 4 sets of 6-10 reps. Ill alternate between pyramid and reverse pyramid.

Abs ill super set crunches, v-sits and planks to failure. About 6 sets. Ill tag these on if i dont feel tired.

Rest Day

Triceps + Back

Back

Lower

Dealifts

Cable back extensions

Upper

Bent over rows

Pull Ups or Seated Rows or Bent Arm Pull Overs.

Single Arm rows

Triceps

Narrow Grip Bench super setted with skull crushers and narrow/diamond press ups. (absolute killer, gives you huge triceps though, i still ache for like 3 days after after this mofo).

Tricep kickbacks, extensions or Pulldowns on machine.

All are 4 sets of 6-10 reps. Ill alternate between pyramid and reverse pyramid.

Rest Day

Shoulders and Legs

"legs"

Squats

Shoulders

Shoulder Press super setted with behind neck press

Arnold Press

Upright rows

Rear Delt Rows or rear delt flyes

Shoulder Shrugs super setted with calf raises with barbell.

Ill then finish off with some soft tissue work i.e my subscapularis + infraspinatus muscles in my rotator cuff. I used to have some bad shoulder problems as my deltoids were so well developed around the aforementioned and caused impingement. Alot of weight lifters get that problem lol. ;(

Rest Day

Rest Day

My shoulder and leg day is kind of a mess tbh. Mainly because i hate training my legs because they are already pretty big as it is, well apart from my calves which are ass lol.

Im kind of unorthodox when i train, i go heavy compound exercise (i make the most mass and strength gains on these as they recruit more muscle fibers and release more HGH) to start off with then isolate muscles later on in the session. I kinda like hitting stuff twice in once week and my body reacts best this way ive noticed and i make the most muscle gains that way. I go to failure also.

Ill also sometimes switch it up every few months i.e ill do back and biceps one day so i can hit them both with rows, then ill do triceps and chest then next so i can hit them both with bench etc.

On my rest days ive started to do some jogging and ill do some abs if i feel like it too like once or twice lol.

So yeah thats it lol. If you want more info like the weight lifted etc let me know.

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Dont be slacking on your legs or you'll become top heavy and look silly! :P

I was thinking of sharing a targeted routine as well, cept it does legs and arms on the same days so I dont know what people would think of that.

Would you like to explain pyramid training for us a little more though, I'd personally really appreciate it :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Dont be slacking on your legs or you'll become top heavy and look silly! :P

I was thinking of sharing a targeted routine as well, cept it does legs and arms on the same days so I dont know what people would think of that.

Would you like to explain pyramid training for us a little more though, I'd personally really appreciate it :)

My legs are already pretty big i used to play football/soccer and jogging also trains your legs partially, i do alot of walking and im also on my feet all day from work anyway. =P

Pyramid training is pretty simple and basically all it is is you increase the weight and do less reps with that weight as it gets heavier with each set. Reverse Pyramid is the opposite, you start extremely heavy and with less reps (~6) and then take weight off each turn and by your last set you will end up at 10/12 reps with a slightly lighter weight.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Still you shouldnt neglect your legs :P

Oh I see I see! That's interesting then I had a general idea of it but I hadnt really incorporated it before because changing weights is such a pain. /lazy Im sure heaps of people would find that interesting, also I hope you dont mind if I put your workout up as the new gym program, crediting you of course.

Heres my next workout for you all, it's my personal adaption of a fight club workout used (apparently) by Brad Pitt for his role as Tyler Durden. It's muscle group targeted and incorporates legs instead of only focusing on upper body. Use a weight that allows you to do the set number of reps without failure but any more puts you over this limit.

3 Sets of each exercise with either 60 seconds rest after each exercise or 90 seconds after every two exercises.

Monday
25 Push Ups
15 Chest Press
15 Incline Press
15 Chest Fly
15 Hip Bridge
15 Calf Raise
15 Squat Raise
15 Reverse Calf Raise

Tuesday
15 Pull Ups
15 Seated Row
15 Lat Pull down
15 Barbell Row
15 Barbell Squat - 120 second rest after this
15 Front Squat - 120 second rest after this
15 Hack Squat
12 Each Side Dumbbell Lunge

Wednesday
15 Arnold Dumbbell Press
15 Lat Raise
15 Front Raise
8 Dead Lift - 120 Rest after this
8 Romanian Dead Lift - 120 second rest after this
15 Pull through

Thursday
15 Bicep Curl
15 Cable Bicep Curl
15 Hammer Curl
15 Tricep Pushdown
45 Second Plank Hold
45 Wall Squat hold
15 each side foot to food crunch

Friday
At least 30 minutes cardio. (I recommend 45+ minutes)
For my Cardio I did 5 Minutes skipping 15 Minutes Boxing 5 Minutes skipping 15 minutes boxing 5 minute skipping

Saturday
Rest

Sunday
Rest

It's a fairly intense regiment to follow but it should get you fairly ripped in about 8 - 10 weeks. Also feel free to drop the leg workouts or not do all of them if you don't feel the need to, I just have skinny legs so gotta hit them as well as my upper half so I dont look stupid.

Feel free to tell me what you think of this workout.

Also if anyone is curious about my current routine feel free to ask and Ill share it with you :)

Back