• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gilded Halls ★ OOC+SU

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Yeah, I would think that'd be okay. Just don't go into detail and we should be set. All kinds of teen things have nudity implied so that should be A-OK, in my opinion.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
Ah, very well. I am still on the fence about whether I should just invoke the magic pants trope for the sake of convenience or not, but the fact that I am consciously weighing my options about whether I'd like to see Riley in the nuddy or not is probably not a healthy thought at all. I should probably go with magic pants (and shirt). >.<

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

Dominic "Dom" Irving

Appearance

Dominic towers over other kids his height at six-foot-nine. Dom is the tallest of kids his age and it works out just perfectly for him as an athlete. He is built of solid muscle and is what others would describe as "ripped". Another distinguished feature about Dom is his large weight compared to how lean he is. He has so much muscle mass that he weighs in at two-hundred and forty pounds.

Dom's skin is a lightly tanned tone that matches well with his light brown hair. His hair falls down to about his neck and can be described as a shaggy style. His eyes are a dark green color and many girls have said they find them to be very attractive. Most people wouldn't describe Dom as a ladie's man but, many girls have been drawn to him because of physical attraction.

During the summer season Dominic can be seen wearing a bro-tank paired with some light tan khaki shorts. When the season's start to turn to a colder weather, Dom rocks a pair of khaki pants and a crimson sweater with a dress shirt underneath. As for his attire during sports, he likes to pull back his hair in a ponytail when he is involved in athletics. Dom doesn't mind his robotic legs and doesn't hesitate to show them off. He prefers to keep them uncovered but during the winter when it is below freezing, his legs can start to disfunction.

History

Born in Glasgow, Scotland, Dom grew up in the slums of the city with his mother, father, and two brothers. The family was often thrown from their homes because of their lack of money and inability to pay the bills that they owed. They would shelter in the streets and often be starving from lack of food. From a young age, Dominic was an exceptionally talented athlete and he learned many sports and loved them all. He soon became a star athlete on the playground but, was never able to play organized sports because of his family's lack of money. The government soon became aware of the family's situation and since they were unable to support the three boys they went up for adoption.

At age six Dominic was officially adopted into the home of the Ninneman's in Riverdale, Georgia. Emotionally scarred from being pulled away from his family, Dom grew to be a withdrawn and anti-social individual. Riverdale was better than being homeless but, not by much. He was enrolled in a public school where he was bullied for his accent and for his white skin. In that city, the blacks were plenty but, Dom was the only caucasian in the area. His new parents supported him though and tried to get him to come out of his shell. To do this they enrolled him in a football camp just to make some friends. There even without knowing the game, Dom excelled in all aspects of the game.

Dominic finally found something that he loved and that wouldn't leave him. Something that he could use to run away from his troubles, something that he wouldn't lose. As Dominic kept growing, his athletic prowess also grew. He started basketball, baseball, track, and soccer. Now he could finally use his skills to assist a real team and he led all his teams to a state championship at the age of 9. By that time the kids at school loved him. They now longer mocked Dom or called him names. Instead they praised him for his athletic abilities and said that the very things they mocked were what was unique and nice about him.

Now Dom had all that he had ever asked for, a loving family, friends that cared for him, and the one thing that he loved the most... sports. At age fourteen Dominic was completely dominating the sports scene. He was only a freshman, yet he made varsity squads on all the sports he played. Dom was already being heavily recruited by college teams all around the nation. He was invited for interviews on the news and even to late night shows. Dom was the talk of the nation, a boy raised in the slums of Scotland who came to the ghettos of Georgia was now one of the greatest athletes in the nation. Everyone knew him in Basketball because of his sick handles. Everyone knew him in Baseball for his ability to stroke the ball. Everyone knew him in track as the fastest guy around. Everyone knew him in Football as the man with the golden arm and crazy jukes. Dom was living the good life, and he knew it. But he always remembered his roots and stayed humble.

Even though Dom was getting so much attention from the media he couldn't escape the horrors of the city he lived in. Dom's parents were extremely strict about his habits out of the house and they made him stay inside the house after dark no matter the situation. That is, except one exception. It was the football game to determine who would be going to the state championship and was now inl Triple Overtime. Both of Dom's parents would have given up almost anything to stay but, they both had night shift jobs that they had to attend. The game lasted until one in the morning with, Dominic's team coming on top. Dom celebrated with his team and with his house being close by the team's football field he turned down all the ride offers that he had recieved and decided to walk the mile home.

Was it fate that day? Was it just coincidence? Maybe it was karma... but what for? The thoughts all raced through the head of the fourteen year old boy as he lay on the sidewalk, soaked in his own blood. The two legs that had just ran into the endzone for the game winning touchdown were now across the street from where Dominic was. The arm that had been used for throwing those deadly curveballs hung by a thread of muscle. When Dom had been walking home there were gunshots. It was just another gang war down the street, Dom had thought and kept on his trek home. Then skidding around a corner came an escalade packed full of men yelling and screaming. Dom just put his head down and pretended not to notice. But seconds after, another car also filled with people came down the same corner. They started firing away at the first car and the first car started firing back. Dom just ducked as soon as he heard the gunshots. He lay on the ground, hands on his head waiting for the two cars to pass by. As soon as they did Dom got up and used that famous speed of his to get home as quick as possible. He neared the Ninneman household but, just as soon as he crossed the street to enter his home a car came speeding down the road. It was the same car that had been involved in the gang fight earlier and there was another car coming in hot behind it. Don ran as fast as he could but a bullet caught his leg. He fell in the middle of the street. Another bullet him, now in the arm. A shotgun blast hit him straight in the legs. The cars kept coming. One bump. Two bumps. Three. Four.

The ambulance came soon after Dom passed out from the amount of blood loss. Amazingly he was kept alive, but barely. His life hung on a thread. A crowd had already surrounded the nurse blocking off Dom's hospital room. The media was sticking microphones in the woman's face while Dom's parents sat in shock while friends gathered around the old couple and sent prayers of hope for Dom. After a spending three weeks in a coma, Dominic awoke, missing two legs and one arm. He who was the star athlete of the entire nation... without legs and an arm. More importantly... all he had was his sports. It was his one love that he could rely on for support no matter what. Now, it was gone. The thought was too much. The big strong leader on the field that everyone looked up to was now bawling his eyes out saying how it wasn't fair and how his life was a joke. Dom spent the rest of the month, laying in his hospital bed, looking out the window and watching the cruel world go by.

As Dom's condition finally stabilized, the time came when he was to receive prosthetics. Companies from around the nation had sent all types of new limbs but, none of them seemed right to Dom. Some just felt awkward and out of place while others limited his movement or hurt him. After what seemed like the whole world watched their son struggle, the Ninneman's were contacted by the government. Apparently Dom's story had reached the ears of the head of a Military Technology company. The CEO took pity on the boy and had developed a prototype of robotic prosthetics for Dom. These new limbs would be connected to the nerves that were left so that Dom would be able to move fluently. Dom and his parents agreed to go through with the procedure and the operation began soon after. The prototypes turned out to be a huge success. Dom was able to move around fine in both his arm and leg areas but, he would have to endure a couple more months of a grueling process to relearn how to walk. After his physical therapy was completed Dom was able to finally leave the prison that was the hospital.

For another few months Dom wasn't allowed to freely walk and was subjected to dozens of experiments. He was studied by renowned scientists from around the world and these limbs were considered a breakthrough in the world of science. There was only one problem with Dominic's new legs, whenever he would run his they would go rampant and he would be accelerated to almost two-hundred miles an hour. However, this was seen as only a minor blemish on a huge accomplishment but, to Dom this was a major disappointment. There was almost no way that he would be able to control this while he was out on the court or field. Dom vowed that he would somehow find a way to control his new power so that he would be able to step back out on the field. To assist him in his goal, Dom's parents sent to a boarding school named, Gilded Halls. Apparently it was a school for the gifted and it was a place to assist them. A perfect place for Dom.

Ability name: Super Speed

Spoiler:

Room Number: 8

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Ah, very well. I am still on the fence about whether I should just invoke the magic pants trope for the sake of convenience or not, but the fact that I am consciously weighing my options about whether I'd like to see Riley in the nuddy or not is probably not a healthy thought at all. I should probably go with magic pants (and shirt). >.<

You should do au naturale. It's more realistic than magic pants. And yes, I know we're talking about shapeshifting and realism, but come on. Nudity is good for you.

Edit: Excellent bio Chili! I teared up reading it... omg it's so good.

Last edited:

EGKangaroo

Years
You should do au naturale. It's more realistic than magic pants. And yes, I know we're talking about shapeshifting and realism, but come on. Nudity is good for you.
Well, for the sake of convenience I'd prefer not to, so if I am allowed not to go with it, I'd rather not go that way. It's not like I am prudish (au contraire), but it's just that it's incredibly inconvenient to either be cutting through my character's wardrobe like butter, or constantly have him find a changing room to undress before shapeshifting. Unless Swiftsign happens to recommend and/or require me to go with ending up trouserless, I'll go with magic pants.

Also to ChiliDawgs. Bloody good sign-up, mate!

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Well, for the sake of convenience I'd prefer not to, so if I am allowed not to go with it, I'd rather not go that way. It's not like I am prudish (au contraire), but it's just that it's incredibly inconvenient to either be cutting through my character's wardrobe like butter, or constantly have him find a changing room to undress before shapeshifting. Unless Swiftsign happens to recommend and/or require me to go with ending up trouserless, I'll go with magic pants.

Also to ChiliDawgs. Bloody good sign-up, mate!

Alright -- that would be a bit inconvenient I guess! I'm sure he won't make it a requirement, so no worries there. Why don't you just have him shift back and be in the same outfit he shifted in? Idk, maybe you said something bu I have forgotten. I'm really excited to be SwiftSign's roommate. :B I plan to give him a hard time!

Are you guys planning on having fun with your roommates?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Having fun is a very good idea if you see what I mean ;)
Seriously, Nathan tends to be a little anti-social and shy sometimes and his roommate is also shy. Good times ahead

EGKangaroo

Years
Alright -- that would be a bit inconvenient I guess! I'm sure he won't make it a requirement, so no worries there. Why don't you just have him shift back and be in the same outfit he shifted in? Idk, maybe you said something bu I have forgotten. I'm really excited to be SwiftSign's roommate. :B I plan to give him a hard time!

Are you guys planning on having fun with your roommates?
Oh, yeah, that is what the magic pants trope means. Just shift back into the same outfit as you had in your human form. And I don't have a roommate yet. I am sure one of the reserved ones would love to take up room 2.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
PREVIOUS VERSION SCRAPPED BECAUSE WHAT IS A GENDER RATIO

Full name: Cecily Glenham

Appearance: Luxurious hair, a clement tint of French beige, descends naturally to Cecily's waist in an unconstrained cascade, tied into a loose sheaf at two or three inches below the shoulder with a thin black ribbon. It appears well-brushed and slightly lustrous, and idle strands fall into place at the front and sides of her face to form a fringe that serves to accentuate the refinement of her visage. Atop her tresses balances a porkpie hat of black felt, decorated by a silver band and concomitant floral adornment. Her eyes are a placid aquamarine, reflective of the perceptive nature of their master. Her skin is fairly pale, having been relatively well taken care of and shielded from harmful elements, and her hands possess a gossamer-like slenderness and delicacy.

Cecily is fairly tall for her age / gender combination, standing at 173 cm (approximately some 3 inches below 6 feet). Her physique doesn't lean towards either end of the spectrum, cutting a stately, radiant figure. Although she refuses to divulge her mass to anyone who would wish to query her upon the subject, an observation should nevertheless be made that she weighs slightly more than the exact average.

A neat and formal appearance is presented in her daily attire, which consists of, first and foremost, a bishop-sleeved white cotton blouse, over which a cotton-surface leather corset vest of the opposite colour is worn, producing a pleasant effect via the layering of its puffed sleeves with those of the blouse. A flowing silken skirt and a pair of slightly lighter thigh-length socks serve to cover Cecily's lower body, and a pair of leather half-boots designed for athletic usage completes the outfit. To draw a little attention to the gender of the person being clothed, a conservative amount of lace is used to round out the ensemble.

History: Though initially the nature of the gift seemed mundane, Cecily has exhibited signs of a brilliant intellect from birth. Her father an investment banker and her maternal grandfather a baronet, she was born into the echelons of the upper middle class of British society, and enjoyed an excellent preparatory education in her first two years, largely as the result of the zealousness her mother showed in edificatory affairs relating to her daughter. As a result, her linguistic and mathematical comprehension at the cusp of her second birthday was sufficient to rival a child three times her age, and her faculties were already well-developed when she headed off to North London Collegiate School - although the institution was not particularly close to the family's property in Essex, its unrivaled prestige as a girls' school was the determining factor to Cecily's parents in their choice.

The academic excellence that she displayed beyond the abilities (or perhaps in spite) of her age allowed her to be quickly ascend through the ranks of the scholastic ladder, skipping a year each in the First School and the Junior School; in the best interests of her social life, the decision was made to withhold further advancement, which prevented her interactions with schoolmates from suffering too much, an unfortunate fact often caused by a significant age difference. Furthermore, thankfully for all parties involved, she was able to develop relationships which were more than cordial with upperclassmen as well.

It was not until she was 8 that the uniqueness of her mind was brought into public view: an unfortunate accident occurred, caused by a reckless automobile, which involved the direct contact of her cranium and the pavement; the ensuing month-long coma was the source of significant distress for her parents, who resolved eventually to allow the usage of experimental technology in an attempt to resuscitate her. The machinery functioned in a reasonably effective way, and her consciousness was effectively restored, but the force of the complex mixture of electromagnetic radiation and the neural damage that she had suffered combined to subtly restructure the method in which her mind synthesized information as well as unlock areas of hidden potential connected to the frontal lobe. Thus, as a whole, her already impressive intellect was vastly boosted by the process, even though it was not originally something with a positive nature.

Her increased memory capacity was put to good use as she continued in her academic endeavors, as it rendered subjects which required rote memorization (sciences, mathematics, history, and foreign languages) elementary exercises. This resulted in a significant amount of extracurricular free time, and a way was quickly found to expend it; within a few months, she had begun to take on investigatory tasks for fellow North Londoners. With the assistance of her computational resources, she achieved an astonishingly high degree of accuracy, and after two or three years of this service her consultations became increasingly valuable, both to her schoolmates and the surrounding populace. Eventually, she was prospected as a possible source of counsel by the criminal investigation department in London, and it was in this post that she acquired the habit of donning her (non-trademarked) flat-topped, relatively narrow-brimmed piece of headwear which would be best classified as a porkpie hat. She accepted the offer from Gilded Halls out of curiosity, interested in what the school would be able to provide her with respect to her aptitude.

Ability Name: Hypercognition

Explanation: The ability to make lightning-fast deductions based on the slightest clue, pattern, or scrap of memory resident in one's mind, and through a sort of rigorous deductive process which delves into the supernatural come to a seemingly unrelated statement that is nevertheless true or completely reasonable. Through continuous rapid initializations of the ability, the user is also able to glean a limited prediction of the future, the accuracy of which is based on the number of preexisting elements that the user is able to comprehend (but typically reaches about 99.9% - give or take a few hundredth percentiles, with an absolute minimum of 95%). Naturally, more mundane tasks of inference are well within the grasp of this ability as well, and the user's available neural processing power is vastly increased for day-to-day tasks, such that calculation speed is increased to approximately 9.22 exaFLOPS and memory capacity an amount of exabytes equal to double that amount.

Limitations: There are three unimpeachable limits on hypercognition, following the fundamental rules of logic and mathematics:

- It is only able to be initialized upon a topic / item / person / et cetera that the user already knows something about (so it cannot be activated upon only a name, but a short description or an image will yield at least some useful information).
- Due to the nature of the ability, false information will have its nature exposed as such most of the time, and thus nonsensical questions or faulty information will be unable to result in particularly useful answers (other than, perhaps, indications of what actual information is necessary).
- It follows a law of proportional understanding, meaning that the amount of information it is able to divulge is directly correlated to the amount of information already possessed - launching from only a few facts, it is merely able to point the user in the correct line of thought by offering various broad conjectures or exposing what information might be required to solve the problem at hand, but with the appropriate collection of clues it is capable of instantly unraveling the mystery.

Hypercognition has no true limit on the frequency usage, save for the associated mental stress incurred by an excessive amount of time spent at maximum processing ability. Though normal function requires only a small fraction of his total processing power, prediction of future events costs a linear amount of computational speed per unit time, which means that the user is unwilling to utilize the precognitive component more than half a minute into the future in most circumstances, since placing too much load on the ability for an extended period may lead to unconsciousness and / or neural damage. (The length of 'effortless' prediction time will increase with practice.)

Room Number: 6

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Sorry it's taken me this long to come by with a notice. Duty called -- quite literally. I'll be posting an app as soon as I am able to.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Jeebus Chili! *-*

Welcome aboard :3 Someone is gonna have to put padding on all the walls with Dom around.

EDIT:

Due to PC's downtime today, all reservations have been extended to... whenever I get online tomorrow.

Roughly 10am, GMT.

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

Years
Full name: Adrian Draegar
Room Number: 1
Appearance:
Spoiler:

Draegar.jpg

History:
Spoiler:

Ability name: Energy Manipulation

Explanation:
Spoiler:

Limitations:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Cosmic - I'm afraid your ability explanation has left me quite confused. You have used the term 'energy' along with natural energy, stored energy, etc. etc. Energy, in scientific terms, is an incredibly complicated thing - I feel like your power is far too broad.

For instance, if he could only absorb light energy (basically making him solar paneled) and release light energy as his power - that would make sense. But you seem to have crammed every meaning of the word in ><.

Due to this, I feel that you've made it too complicated. In your explanation it says he rarely has to eat food, however you then contradict that saying he needs constant food and vitamins. The fact that your explanation for your power is longer than the rest of your entire application reflects how complicated it is.

Rethink your power, refine it, cut it down. You can use the example above (as sound and electrical energy are taken - maybe heat too? idk) or come up with something different.

The rest of your application is good, though.

Cosmic Fury

Years
I'll get it looking better soon. Thanks for looking!

EDIT: Touched it up. Removed all the unnecessary stuff and clarified everything else.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
The IC thread is now ready and waiting (hurrah!).

Due to someone giving up their reservation, there is now ONE SPOT AVAILABLE.

This will be given to either the first SU that I approve of, or, if multiple people post before I am able to log in and check... the best written SU.

More spaces may be available tomorrow, when reservations end.

Years
My first RP SU, please be gentle.

Evan Kyong Woo Sung (京宇成 , 경우성)

Appearance: Evan is of average height, 5'8". He weighs 140 pounds. He is muscular enough to have a well-toned figure, but not enough to see it through clothing. If you look at his body long enough, the first oddity you will notice is the size of his thighs – they seem ever so slightly larger than they should, considering his frame.

Although he is Korean, you would not be able to recognize it in his eyes. Like most East Asians, he has the traditional deep brown eyes and black hair – but his skin is more tan than you would expect, perhaps the legacy of a Mongolian ancestor or two in his bloodline. He has noble high cheekbones, a well-defined jawline and a high nasal bridge, appearing almost Caucasian if you could envision these features in isolation. His hair is disheveled, as he was used to military-style cuts until recently when he started growing his hair out.

Evan prefers to wear shirts and long pants, even in the summer time. Occasionally, he will wear shorts, but only when the weather becomes unbearable. His attire tends to be slim fitting, whether it be a polo shirt, a regular collared t-shirt, pants, and even his sweaters. Although he hates to admit it, Evan secretly enjoys having and buying clothes. He tries to be stylish, though more often than not he still comes across as conservative.

pz7obmI.png

Evan Kyong's Third Year school portrait

History: Evan was born Kyong Woo Sung, the unexpected and late-born fifth son of a North Korean general. He is a staggering twelve years younger than the youngest of his older siblings. Given his family's status, Kyong Woo Sung was privileged to the best care and education (as much as you can teach a three-year-old) available in his motherland. At the tender age of four, he was sent to a boarding school in Scotland, where he was given his name Evan. He continued his education, propelled by the will of his father and pedigree, to prepare himself one day for military leadership – for his father was powerful, and not even the best academies in Korea were satisfactory in his mind for Evan's upbringing. In addition to learning an accelerated school curriculum, Evan received preparatory military training and discipline as well as studying English and Chinese.

As Evan grew, so did his father's power and controversy. When he was eight years old, he stopped returning home over the vacations as General Kyong became paranoid for his safety. When he was fourteen, he was recalled back to Korea – apparently under orders from his father.

Upon arriving, he learned that his father had been involved in an attempted coup d'état, and his immediate family had been purged and executed. As the youngest and last remaining member of his family, Evan was thrown into a prison camp to perform slave labour for the rest of his life.

He stomached unbearable violence and suffering as a prisoner. Yet he endured. He was hardy enough to perform the slave work required given the measly rations. However, there was the strangest thing about him that made him the centre of attention all over the camp, by both the guards and the prisoners. Evan always appeared reasonably well fed, avoiding the malnutrition of the other prisoners. Somehow, the prisoners gossiped, he would always have a bird or a rat with him, as if they came towards him. The guards, on the other hand, were wary. They beat and tortured him, suspecting him of stealing, but they would never find evidence and eventually took their frustrations out on the other prisoners.

As the months dragged on, Evan decided to make his escape. Having been assigned to a work detail far from the barracks and close to the boundaries, Evan waited in ambush for the patrol assigned to guard him to return. He killed the first guard with a stone, sinking it into his skull. In a frenzy, Evans wrestled the second guard to the ground. Worry dawned on him as he realized the chances of a fifteen-year-old boy overpowering a grown man. Yet the guard seemed to stall in fear, and Evan used his chance to push him against the electrified fence, killing him instantly. He used the guard's body to ground himself against the wire, and disappeared into the Korean wilderness.

Evan made his way towards the Chinese border, stealing what he could and bribing soldiers along the way. He gave the border guards chocolates and cigarettes – they did not shoot as he swam across the river. He managed to become a stowaway on a ship to Morocco, with a crew paid too little to do their jobs right. After swimming to Spain, Evan could make his way back to Scotland.

It seemed all too surreal to him. How could it have happened, that all the guards that should have been sleeping were sleeping, and all the guards that should have been distracted were distracted? Why did the Met officers that stopped him let him go with hardly a reason? He recalled his journey to his former headmaster, who was bewildered at the sudden appearance of this boy who was disappeared for two years. But Evan Kyong was happy and relaxed to finally be home, and soon enough, the headmaster also calmed down and came to his senses. By the next morning, Evan would be whisked away yet again, though this time to the serene splendour of Gilded Halls.

Ability name: Pheromone Secretion

Spoiler:

Room Number: 8​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Your first sign up ever? Then I have high hopes for you sir! :P

Great ideas there, your history and ability ideas are very original. You can count Evan in! Accepted.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
WOW! BlahYOUDONTSUCK! That was an excellent sign up omg. Obviously you're an experienced RPer n_n

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Attention!~

Reservations have finished. There are now three spaces available. Please post a completed SU if you wish to join (or finish yours off ASAP, if you've already posted some).

The IC thread including the introduction event have now been posted.

Recommendation: RP alone up until you get your goodie bag. Don't wait for ~everyone~ to arrive before you grab yours, write assuming that everyone is there at approximately the same time.

Last edited:
Back