• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Lol two fast paced RPs are fighting right now. War Between Pokemon & Humans and Pokemon Trainer Academy. PTA (lol not the association) has more posts and views :D but our posts are longer and have more content :) back to the ages list. Edited

Age of Silence (the RP corner isn't active back at the days. there are good RPs though)(???-Feb 2011)

Age of Rebirth (new RPs like me joined the corner and it's been flourishing since then) (Feb 2011 - March 2011)

Age of One Liners (enough said) (March 2011 - Late April 2011)

Age of Newcomers (a lotta new RPers have joined the corner, a flooding the area :D) (Late April 2011 - Late May 2011)

Age of Revolutionary RolePlaying (Where my War RP and a few others come in, introducing new methods and ideas as well as systems. A whole new age of RolePlaying. The TRP, Twin RolePlaying System is also introduced, but hasn't been tried yet. Sophrosune's creation is helping this age to thrive, to live longer than the others. There are a lot of newcomers too at this age.) (Late May/Early June - Now)

Been around since the first age as well back in 2008. Pretty accurate list. Age of Silence may be an exaggeration in my opinion since the board was pretty active till about 2009 or so, then it became practically dead till the Age of Rebirth (like the name by the way).

I joined my first RP in 2008 and actually finished it. My writing was horrible back then. I could barely write a paragraph. Then I was on and off (especially during the Age of One Liners) till recently.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Lol two fast paced RPs are fighting right now. War Between Pokemon & Humans and Pokemon Trainer Academy. PTA (lol not the association) has more posts and views :D but our posts are longer and have more content :) back to the ages list. Edited

Age of Silence (the RP corner isn't active back at the days. there are good RPs though)(???-Feb 2011)

Age of Rebirth (new RPs like me joined the corner and it's been flourishing since then) (Feb 2011 - March 2011)

Age of Newcomers (a lotta new RPers have joined the corner, a flooding the area :D) (Late April 2011 - Late May 2011)

Age of Revolutionary RolePlaying (Where my War RP and a few others come in, introducing new methods and ideas as well as systems. A whole new age of RolePlaying. The TRP, Twin RolePlaying System is also introduced, but hasn't been tried yet. Sophrosune's creation is helping this age to thrive, to live longer than the others. There are a lot of newcomers too at this age.) (Late May/Early June - Now)
I came in during the Age of Silence than sort of faded away until the Age of Revolutionary Roleplaying XD

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Haha, I joined at the very first age, Silence. There were more PMD and Chapter RPs then. So I could say that I'm a veteran in this place. x3

BOW DOWN TO ME!!!! XD

I've been here longer than you ;P

I joined during/before the Age of Silence, since it apparently has no definite date. My very first RP EVER was actually last August(Not on this website) :3 I think I've come a ways since then.
Still, no one really wants to be in my RPs :'( So sad.

I'm making a new one with a different storyline than most JUST to see if people will join, and so I can RP with a Zweilous. I've taken a sudden liking to Zweilous :3

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
I just happened to notice the "when did you first RP here" convo. and had to pop in :P

The Second Coming was the first RP I was ever in on PC (on a different account, of course :P), but I was a total n00b and spammed the OOC thread with my friends even after Alter had warned us. I was in quite a few after that probably until late 2009? Then I went to LiveJournal Roleplaying for a year, took a break, and recently came back to forum RPing when I saw Skymin's RP.

Before PC, I RPed on 4Kids's forums and on a pet site. That was at least back in 2004 :P Given, I wasn't that great an RPer since I was only in 4th grade at the time.

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years

*cheers for War* :'3 <333

AGE OF NEWCOMERS! I found this place literally by looking up "Pokemon Roleplays"... lol... it worked well, too~ XD

Its hard to believe how long some people have been RPing on here. I almost look up to them. Kinda like the elders of the internet... XD *bows*

I still feel like a total nub on here, though. :B lol. Glad to be in the Revolution!

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
2008 Punks! Yeah, I was AWFUL back then, now I'm still not great.

@Raikiri: the first RP I was in you were in, I think. Island of Time

and

@Nocturnal: I feel like I responded to your first post here on this thread... and I think the ages thing is pretty accurate but I feel can go back further in time if some veteran would add on.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
I do remember Pokemon Roleplay being fairly active back when I RPed in '08-'09, but Other Roleplay (yes, believe it or not you newer members, but there were two different RP sections back in the day; I think they merged in '10?) was fairly quiet. So the Age of Silence was most likely '10 at least, but definitely before that for Other Roleplay. I guess it would make sense, seeing how this a Pokemon forum, after all, and there are other sites dedicated to all sorts of Roleplay (like LiveJournal, though the Roleplaying there is far different from forum Roleplaying).

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
yes, believe it or not you newer members, but there were two different RP sections back in the day; I think they merged in '10?)

actually i was there when the two subforums merged. At first, there's a forum called RolePlay Lounge, and that's where you put the OOCs. There were two sub-forums, one called Pokemon Roleplay, the other one called Other Roleplay or some sort. It merged uh...in like March 2011. It was really recent.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
This was before then :3 Pokemon Roleplay was a section on its own with an OOC section and Other Roleplay was a section on its own with an OOC section. They were both in different areas on the forum. But I totally forgot that it was like you said when the first merge occurred :P

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Yes, the merge was pretty recent. And, of course, right after the merge, a bunch of Other RPs were made.
My last RP, Worlds Collide, was made like two days before the merge. I remember because Red (Yus, this was also after Michaela's modship) stuck it in "Other RPs".

On another topic, my very first RP on this site (my second ever) was The Argent Tournament by Grifspark and Ray Maverick. Then Ray went AWOL, and Grif had computer issues... and it died :| Luckily, Ray came back :) Grif visited the website recently, but he's not officially back :(

killet513

Death the Kid
Years
I do remember Pokemon Roleplay being fairly active back when I RPed in '08-'09, but Other Roleplay (yes, believe it or not you newer members, but there were two different RP sections back in the day; I think they merged in '10?) was fairly quiet. So the Age of Silence was most likely '10 at least, but definitely before that for Other Roleplay. I guess it would make sense, seeing how this a Pokemon forum, after all, and there are other sites dedicated to all sorts of Roleplay (like LiveJournal, though the Roleplaying there is far different from forum Roleplaying).

I so remember that. Goodness, it doesn't seem that it had been that long. I remember checking out the Other Roleplays and there were maybe four tops, but when I would check the Pokemon Roleplays, it had about three pages worth of RPs.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
So I've completely revised The Searchers and this is the basic plot I've come up with: Strong pokemon, as well as their trainers if they have any, from around the Mt. Silver and Union Cave areas have been disappearing. A group of young, unevolved pokemon who have lost friends and family set out to find the cause of the disappearances, which is a rather small organization known as Team Devastation. Team Devastation is experimenting on the pokemon and trainers they capture as they try to create "the perfect being" with which they will try to rule the world.

I'd have an amount of time set for the pokemon to defeat Team Devastation before they create their "perfect being". RPers would be able to join either as a pokemon or as a member of Team Devastation.

What do you think? Is it good? Does it still need some work? Would you join?

Me thinks my post was ignored o-o

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Yeah, I remember the Other Roleplay section, only because TWEWY/Pokémon roleplay was put in there. It died after a few posts ;~;

But yeah, the Other Roleplay usually had 3 or 4 active at a time, compared to the main Pokémon section, which had at LEAST 15. You know... this is the only place I've PROPERLY roleplayed. I used to go on roleplay forums but they were all so confusing!

I have the honor of never being declined from a roleplay though! *puffs chest out*

Me thinks my post was ignored o-o
I think we're all bathing in nostalgia here.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
I don't think it's hard not to get declined... : U As long as your writing is up to par with what's correct and you add enough description and character depth, you should be fine.

Oh man, the RP section merge... Used to be that the Other Roleplay section would see little to no activity, which might be what prompted the merge. Now people actually LOOK at the non-Pokemon RPs, which is a refreshing change of pace.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I can't even REMEMBER. Seriously. I do remember I usually left during the dead periods, which made them worse hahaha.

slls81

What does that even mean?
Years
I dunno what happened before the Age of Silence though :D someone mind making the previous ages? :D

I might be biased, but I still think the RP corner was busier and more vibrant back in 2008 when I first joined than it is now. That's not to say that the RP corner hasn't improved recently, it's certainly in a better state than it was at the end of 2009/most of last year. I think this 'Age of Silence' pretty much covers that period.

From what I remember of the RP corner a few years back, it was pretty much a flavour of the month type system. You'd get periods where 5 or 6 Mystery Dungeon RP's would crop up at the same time, followed by a series of adventure RP's. Oh, and not to forget the monthly attempt by someone to set up a pokemon school/academy RP which would invariably die before sign up were even filled :P

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
I don't think it's hard not to get declined... : U

Try writing an SU where the purpose is to NOT write at least two paragraphs for appearance, personality, history, etc. I did that and got rejected from one from of Mika's RPs ;; That was the only time though. Other than that, the worst that's happened to me was a "Pending" status. Unless you count LiveJournal Roleplays. Aw man was I rejected in quite a few of those. But I had also signed up canon characters, not OCs.

Years
I'm kinda sad that there's no Funniest Roleplayer position in the RolePlay Awards. x/ Whoever does the next one do include that or I'll skin you alive!!!!!!! MUAHAAHAHAHAAA!! xD

From what I remember of the RP corner a few years back, it was pretty much a flavour of the month type system. You'd get periods where 5 or 6 Mystery Dungeon RP's would crop up at the same time, followed by a series of adventure RP's. Oh, and not to forget the monthly attempt by someone to set up a pokemon school/academy RP which would invariably die before sign up were even filled :P

Nostalgia of PMD!!! *drinks in* X3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back