Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 16th, 2014 (02:19 AM).
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious

Rikuto Yuuto Sato // Ryuusa Lv.8
Floor 4: Lobria Market
Store status:
Spoiler:
Floor Management:
Floor 1 location (Town of Beginnings central market): Closed
Floor 2 location (Urbus town square): Kouki [NPC]
Floor 4 makeshift stand (Lobria market): Ryuusa

Special items: None at the moment

The heavily-armored businessman sighed as he stood behind the shoddy stand he had managed to construct in Lobria’s marketplace with a bit of help from Camlann. This entire situation was more than a bit frustrating. Up until now, he’d been able to buy a locale for a proper store whenever one was available, where decoration, organization, the comfort of the indoors and a sign with the store’s name on it were all good for drawing in customers. Unfortunately, a Lobria location for Ryuusa’s Quality Goods didn’t seem like it would be happening anytime soon as he simply did not have the money to spare right now. Christmas, a boss fight, and now new years in the past week meant his employees were getting a lot of time off, which while good for morale was bad for production, something he needed considering two whole floors were unlocked in what seemed like an instant. Furthermore, he was unable to look for mining spots on the third floor on account of his level and the lack of a safe zone, limiting his ability to get material that could keep up with the competition unless he bought those materials. He’d made a lot of progress on his smithing level, but again, what good was that without materials? Maybe it was time to reconsider his leveling priorities...

And so here he was, stuck in an unremarkable stand without much to attract customers. While his display equipment was indeed very good, having been upgraded numerous times for superior quality as per the store’s name, it was still made from materials of lower floors so it unfortunately just didn’t look as impressive as a lot of the newer stuff in some of the shops. He probably should have hired a musician to play in front of the stand and draw a crowd, but he’d been a bit hesitant with looking for new employees ever since Princess’ death on Christmas. Try as he might, he still hadn’t been able to get completely past that.

With customers few and far in between, Rikuto’s mind would ordinarily have wandered as it does when it doesn’t have something to focus on, but his status as a market-stand salesman meant he couldn’t afford to be idle. With another sigh, he put his vocal cords to work and began shouting like a number of other stand-keepers. “RYUUSA’S QUALITY GOODS! HIGH QUALITY WEAPONS, ARMOR, POTIONS, CLOTHING, AND ACCESSORIES! WE DO CUSTOM ORDERS AND RESERVES!” Rikuto was very glad he had learned how to hide his level a couple days ago, as he didn’t need a low level making this more embarrassing than it already was. But it was all he could do for now so he simply kept on doing it.

Eventually, shouting the same thing over and over became second nature to Rikuto so he was able to let his mind wander just a bit anyway. He recalled the insanity that was Christmas Day, where he somehow got the bright idea to go into a dungeon and fight enemies nearly twice his level, then proceed to participate in a fight against a miniboss that definitely had to have been twice his level. His Full-Guard +6 really took a beating that day, but fortunately his trusty shield held out. Although, he hated himself for risking his life recklessly like that so much that day he spent the night in a bar in a state of simulated drunkenness. He thought about the others, Lacy, Taka, and Godot, and how crazy fights like that were normal occurrences for them. He wasn’t sure he himself was entirely ready to accept mortal combat as a normal part of his everyday life, even a month and a half into the game.

He then thought about Xenith, who had apparently led him to his room that drunken night after she helped fight the floor boss. Apparently she had joined some mercenary guild a bit after she started working for him. A group of people who devoted themselves to fighting things tough enough to merit other people paying them for it. And Xenith still somehow found the time to produce the store’s entire potion stock. This game really had some amazing people in it, and Rikuto wasn’t too sure he could keep up. He would have to try though, as he couldn’t keep his family waiting too long. If it wasn’t for them, he was sure he’d still be on the first floor getting drunk. It occurred to him that, being new year's eve, that’s what he would probably be doing tonight if he were still in the real world. It was strange knowing that today he'd be more productive in a video game than in real life.

With that last random thought, Rikuto decided to rest his voice for a moment and continue shouting after bit.

(OOC:) How the store works:
Spoiler:
[Summary]: The store is called “Ryuusa’s Quality Goods”, and it is a general store consisting of armor, weapons, potions, clothing, and accessories. Items can be reserved for a 25% down payment, and custom items can be commissioned as long as they are paid for up front. Every once in a while, there will be a "Special Item" for sale that carries a unique bonus. After a day or two, the item will no longer be available regardless of whether it was sold.

[Management]: There are multiple store locations but only one will be run by my character at a time, with the other locations being run by one of my NPCs. You can just roleplay that as if you would an encounter with a normal NPC shopkeeper. Ask me about the price for whatever it is you want to buy or sell beforehand and I'll tell you. If you want to haggle with them, however, they will not be allowed to lower the price of anything more than 10% below normal when you’re buying or raise the price 10% above normal when you’re selling, and that’s if you’re really good.

[Buying]: Have your character ask for a specific item type (e.g. light armor, curved swords) and I'll make a price list afterwards of everything that fits under that, at least until Rose Quartz and ShinyDiamond finally make that official price list. The more specific the better because it means I get to make a smaller list. Rules for buying from my NPCs under [Management] above.

[Selling]: Items can be sold to any location. If it is the location Ryuusa is in, the item will be appraised at which point the characters can discuss final sales price. If the location is being run by one of my NPCs, let me know so I can give you a price. Rules for selling to my NPCs under [Management] above.

[Employment]: Ryuusa does indeed employ other players, who are free to ask if he isn’t presently advertising “We’re hiring!”. Wage (and possibly hours) are based on the position and discussed with the potential employee. I’ll usually only require you to write into a post that they actually showed up, after which you can carry on with whatever you were doing after mentioning that X hours passed.

[Disclaimers]: The store's funds and Ryuusa's funds are entirely separate. Any items sold to the store will not be used by Ryuusa, nor will any items being sold by the store. Rose Quartz and ShinyDiamond have the right to override any prices I have already decided.

Old November 16th, 2014 (03:10 PM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz

Lucina
Player level 17
Floor 4: Lobria

Lucina searched around for a small alley where she could quickly pull on her cloak. It didn't take long to find one at a place that was less crowded. She opened up her inventory once again and took a quick look around if anyone was looking before equipping her beloved cloak. Lucina didn't want to take the risk of not being able to fight on the front lines again. She hated to just stand by and watch things happen and promised herself this was not going to happen inside this game. Lucina's stubborness had a downside too. Even though she was told to hide herself a little more because those members of maffia gang still might be trying to get to her, she still kept bringing herself in danger by showing up on local events and festivals... like today.

She wondered if she'd see Robin, Turnip, Godot, Kagome and everyone else at the New Year's eve. Well... maybe not Godot. She had business to take care of with him but didn't want to do that today. She mainly hoped to see Robin but didn't exactly know why, she just wanted to see someone I guess. Now she thought about it, Robin was still the only one who knew about the scar on her back and was one of the few who knew about the maffia gang trying to kill her. It was strange how something from the past could escalate so badly.

It didn't take long before someone actually walked up to her while she had been mindlessly walking around the market place. "H-hey L- Er..." The hooded figure, obviously Robin, said while stuttering and waving at her. "I haven't seen you in a while," Robin said, sounding nervous and turning away from her. Something was odd about him today but Lucina couldn't put her finger on what. "Hey Robin, I was actually just thinking about you." Lucina replied while smiling. "I've been busy trying to get some more money." She said but corrected herself. "N-Not that I need new armor or something... I just want to save up money in case... Anyway, what have you been up to?" Lucina asked him.

------
«Lucina's white dress» [unequipped]
«Falchion» [equipped]
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old November 17th, 2014 (10:26 PM). Edited December 17th, 2014 by ShinyDiamond.
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful

Mamoru - Lvl 15
HP: 95% - EXP: 35% - Col: 2753

Spoiler:

I'll have to cut through the markets before I can reach the wall. Well, that's the plan anyway. Too bad this town's safety system prevents me from actually cutting through here. Just kidding~

I'm walking through the markets while taking interests in the goods around me. I wonder where NPCs get these goods? Propably technology! Oh! Do I spy with my virtual eye...? Maybe it's time I reveal myself...

Robin - Lvl 12
Floor 2: Marome Shops
HP: 100% - EXP: 87% - Col: 6061

Spoiler:

It seems Lucina is here for the same reason as Robin. "I'm actually here selling some stuff too. I-isn't that a coincidence," he replies nervously, checking his new amount of Col. "I've been...staying put for a while, training." Robin scratches his head in desperation to know what to say next. These friendly conversations are not his thing. The next words that come out of his mouth are actually by instinct. "Uh, Lucina. If you don't mind, maybe-"

"Rooooobiiiiiin!!!" Robin's words were stopped right there when he heard a familiar voice. "That voice..." he rests his chin on his right fist, contemplating, "do I know it...?" Before he could even come close to thinking enough, he's suddenly back-kicked to the ground. "Agh-!"

"What's up, tough guy?" Mamoru lands on his feet & salutes to Robin with two fingers, "Long time no see!"

Spoiler:

Robin at first gets angry at the guy, until he looks up to see a familiar face. "C-Clay?!" He coulnd't believe it, but he had to. His best friend was in the game, virtual flesh & bones. It's no wonder. That back-kick is all too familiar. Robin gets up & dusts himself off, his hood off due to the kick. "Why'd you do that, Clay?"

Mamoru chuckles & replies, "What? Can't a guy see his old friend after a month?"

"That's not what I meant. You know, you really have a way of making bad impressions." As Robin explains his friend's personality, Mamoru is already introducing himself to Lucina.

"Nice to meet you! My name is Mamoru! At least in this world." As he keeps talking, Mamoru continues shaking Lucina's hands each one by one, "I've been keeping an eye on Robin here for a while, so I already know your secret," he whispers that last part in a weird way. He eyes Lucina inside her robe, "Not bad."

Spoiler:

"This is exactly what I'm talking about," Robin says irritably after he hammers Mamoru on the head, who comically lands flat on the ground. It took a while before Robin realizes again that Clay is in the game. "Hey, wait a minute! What the hell are you doing in this death game?"

Thanks to the safety in this town, Clay was alright, so he gets up & answers with a grin. "Well, it wasn't an easy task," he continues with weird poses, "I had to go through a bunch of obstacles to get the game, climb a bunch of mountains, raid the rackets, just so I could surprise you!" mamoru smiles at Robin, who only showed disinterest in his story. "But my step-mom beat me to the punch, so she surprised me." That only gave Robin dot eyes.

"..."

While I'm alive, I won't let any party members die.

Paired for life with Rose Quartz
~Dia+PS~
Old November 18th, 2014 (02:41 PM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Lucina
Player level 17

"I'm actually here selling some stuff too. I-isn't that a coincidence, I've been...staying put for a while, training." Robin seemed nervous but Lucina thought it was nothing. "Uh, Lucina. If you don't mind, maybe-" Robin wanted to ask something but was interupted by a loud voice shouting his name. Robin seemed to recognize the voice but the poor guy was back-kicked into the ground before he could even say something else or even finish what he was going to ask her. Lucina was a little stunned. The guy in front of her now was a blonde haired guy that looked somewhat like a... pirate maybe? "Robin! Are you alright?!" Lucina shouted worried but the pirate guy kept talking, he wouldn't give Robin a break. Lucina felt like she was watching a tutorial of a game where the maker of the tutorial kept pressing the (A) button.

"What's up, tough guy? Long time no see!" This guy actually knew Robin...? "C-Clay?!" It sounded like Robin indeed knew him. His in-game name seemed different though but that probably because these two knew each other in real life. Robin's attitude immediately changed after he showed up though. Aas this the real Robin? The two of them had a bit of a conversation about how that guy leaves bad impressions. Lucina didn't know what to think of him. He seemed like a guy that enjoys life even though he's in a game where dying means actually dying... unless he didn't know but that would be silly. Everyone knows. Soon the blonde guy turned to Lucina and introduced himself as Mamoru. He also said he knew her secret and took a look inside her hood which made her feel a bit uncomfortable. Before Lucina could even introduce herself he said "Not bad." What was that even supposed to mean...? Robin hit Mamoru of the head to end the whole confusing situation. After Robin asked how he ended up here, he was surprised by the answer somehow.

"Uhm... I-I'm Lucina. Nice to meet you... I guess?" Lucina said with a shakingly voice, adjusting her hood a bit. "Do you guys know each other...? And Robin, are you alright? I mean... that fall looked pretty bad." Lucina awkwardly smiled. Not really knowing what to think or say.

------
«Falchion» [equipped]
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki / Ryuu Higoroshi / Luna / Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old November 18th, 2014 (10:48 PM). Edited December 17th, 2014 by ShinyDiamond.
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Robin - Lvl 12
Floor 2: Marome Shops

Spoiler:

Lucina introduces herself to Mamoru after that whole fiasco, then proceeding to ask Robin questions. He merely crosses his arms & grunts, "I'm fine thanks to the town's safety system. I'm afraid I do know the guy."

"I'm the guy!" Mamoru replies with a grin yet again.

Robin eyes Mamoru with one eye, "Is Mamoru the name you chose?"

"Pretty neat, huh?"

"No way." Robin was not interested in the least, except for Mamoru being inside the game. "I still can't believe you've been spying on me..."

Mamoru whistles as an explanation, "I wouldn't say spying...more like observing."

"Call it what you will..." Robin had that irritated look in his face as usual, something Mamoru is all too familiar with. Robin then remembers Lucina is still here. "Anyway, this is my friend, as you already know-"

"We're best friends!" Mamoru cuts in, wrapping his arm around Robin's neck. "I was just on my way to check out the wall. It's just a wall, but I'm curious~" Robin had that look in his eye again.

"You have the most weirdest tastes," he replies to Mamoru.

"Don't be like that!"

"I'll be whatever I like!"

"What, a narcissist?"

"You're using that wrong! Again!"

"Am I? I don't remember."

Spoiler:

"Grr...!" Things were getting out of control. Robin's teeth were gritting, & Mamoru, well, he only had a smile as if nothing's changed. They were causing quite a ruckus, a crowd was gathering around them. Robin payed no mind to them. He remembered Lucina, so before she could reply, Robin cut her off, "Stay out of this. This is how me & him always interact."

Mamoru just laughs, like he always does, "So, wanna settle this again?"

"..." Robin gave no comment & just walks in a different direction, which happened to be where the teleport gate is. It's the same gate that won't open til tomorrow, so not many people will be around.

"OOHH! We'll be fighting there? Great!" Mamoru gets excited & jogs past Robin on the way to the teleport gate. Looks like a duel is coming.

Robin: Still don't know why he insists on fighting me when he always loses.

~Dia+PS~
Old November 19th, 2014 (10:25 AM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Lucina
Player level 17

After Robin said he was alright he confirmed that Mamoru was indeed his friend, best friend to be exaxt. Lucina was surprised by the fact Robin actually called him his friend because she hasn't heard Robin refer to anyone as a friend ever since they met. He even said he wasn't here to make friends in first place. Lucina was worried back then but it felt relieving seeing him like this right now. It definitely felt like they had been friends for a long time even though Robin was harsh on him. Mamoru was being noisy though, causing a crowd to gather around them to see what's happening.

"Stay out of this. This is how me & him always interact." Robin said sternly to Lucina. At this point Lucina didn't know whether Robin saw her as a friend or not. It seemed like his attitude was way different around people he considered a friend. To Lucina he was... cold, sometimes friendly... It kinda depended on the situation. Maybe he just stayed close to her because of that maffia gang...? Lucina decided to pay no mind to it even though it was something she was curious about now.

Meanwhile, Mamoru and Robin decided to fight somewhere and were walking off. Lucina quickly followed them and tried to read the situation. Were they really going to fight...? Why? What was the point to it? "Guys! Please reconsider!" Lucina shouted as she tried catching up. "Why are you guys going to fight? What's the point to it? Is the winner getting something?" Lucina actually sounded a bit excited. This would be the first time seeing a duel instead of being in one.

------
«Falchion» [equipped]
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old November 20th, 2014 (09:58 PM). Edited December 17th, 2014 by ShinyDiamond.
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Robin - Mamoru
Floor 4: Teleport Gate
Duel!

Spoiler:

Robin payed no mind to anyone around besides Mamoru. As for Mamoru, he was willing to answer Lucina, "There's really no point to it," he gave a thumbs up as he continued to speak, "unless you count settling this argument a point!" Mamoru didn't really care about the reason behind the fights, except that he enjoys fighting with Robin.

"..." Robin, Mamoru & Lucina arrive at the teleport gate, & Robin already went to his spot from the middle. Mamoru gets to his side of the field, hopping in excitement. Robin speaks firsts, "..." if you count silence as speaking.

"Do you always have to make me have the first word?" Mamoru asks with a smile. Robin simply nods. "Alright then." Mamoru opens his menu & issues a request to Robin.

-Total Loss Mode
-Half Loss Mode
-First Strike Mode

Robin taps the duel option at the bottom: First Strike Mode. The countdown begins. He readies his Anneal Blade for battle, while Mamoru takes out his own weapon, Talwar. "Nice weapon," Robin compliments.

"Thanks! I forget how I got this." Mamoru replies, simply smiling all the time.

The countdown had 5 seconds left, Robin breathes in then out.

Duel!

Spoiler:

Mamoru runs really fast at Robin jabbing his sword straight at Robin's chest. Robin quickly swings his sword to deflect. "So fast...!" He & Mamoru start trading strikes & blocks with each other, Robin manages to delay Mamoru's streak attacks & slashes at his left shoulder. A slight miss. Mamoru jabs again & swings down, Robin backing away with each swing before returning a counterstrike at his lower torso. Mamoru slides his sword across Robin's own & pushes back.

"You think you can hit me?" Mamomu mocks. He shows off poses for no reason, all of which are really weird.

"...You're an idiot," Robin comments before jumpign around Mamoru & slashing across. They each swing without hesitating, landing small blows to each other. Mamoru backflips & sprints at Robin again. Robin takes a back stance & lowers his sword, which glows vivid white. Mamoru notices this & quickly jumps over Robin as he unleashes Beautiful Luna.

"Crazy!" Mamoru shouts excitedly. He raises his sword high up, & it glows a deep blue. Robin wonders why he doesn't move immediately. It wasn't long before he realizes what Mamoru is about to do; he runs at Robin & jabs, Robin barely deflects, then Mamoru slashes upward, Robin pushes against the attack. He sees Mamoru come down, which gives Robin an idea. As Mamoru slahes down, Robin backs away just a bit, & as Mamoru finishes up, Robin quickly jabs fast at his shoulder. Mamoru gets pushes back as a big chunk of his HP is depletd.

Winner
Mamoru VS Robin

Robin sheathes his sword & walks up to Mamoru, "As usual, I win." Mamoru laughs & gets up, patting Robin's shoulders.

"You haven't changed a bit! Next time for sure, I'll be the winner!"

Robin sweeps away Mamoru's hands from his shoulders, "Keep dreaming." Mamoru puts away his own sword & takes a stern pose, "OK mate, tonight we go off on a journey to a land called Wonderland! We shall collect all the chocolate & seize the keep!" He raises his fist in the air & shouts, "ALL WILL KNEEL BEFORE THE MIGHTY GUY!!!"

Robin stays silent for a moment before slumping, "...You always find a way to chance the mood." Mamoru merely chuckles & rubs the back of his head.

~Dia+PS~
Old November 21st, 2014 (04:00 PM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Lucina
Player level 17

Mamoru answered Lucina's questions and confirmed there was no point in fighting. Lucina smiled and couldn't help thinking this was their way of showing their friendship. She also felt a bit lonely. She couldn't help but be reminded of the fact that she never had a real friend. She stopped following them once they reached the teleport gate. They both took their stances and gave each other some quick words and looks before they started battling. Lucina always thought Robin was a man of few words but today he showed a different part of his personality. He showed a part of his personality that she never expected. He was like a bird, he sang his own songs but the right person had to come along for it.

Lucina watched the battle patiently and was stunned by how long the two were holding out. Lucina saw in her eye corners that a crowd was gathering to see the battle. They were causing quite a ruckus here. Lucina opened her menu to see the time and was surprised that an hour had passed already since she woke up. She closed her menu and returned her attention to the duel. Mamoru and Robin kept dodging each others blows but in the end Robin was able to hit the poor guy. Lucina couldn't help but laugh a little bit. They seemed to have a lot of fun, especially Mamoru who acted like Robin was some kind of king.

Lucina walked up to the two. "Congratulations, Robin." Lucina didn't bother to shake his hand, knowing he wouldn't take it anyway because... that was Robin. A rude guy with a soft spot that he had shown when guarding Lucina in the fields while she had fallen asleep a few weeks ago. "That was an amazing fight. It wasn't as short as I expected! I thought one of you would trow the first blow after a few seconds but it took more than 5 minuted!" Lucina smiled and adjusted her hood a bit. She wasn't planning on letting that thing fall off her head in the middle of a crowd even though they were all slowly leaving. "I'm going to cook something for new year's eve. I still need to invite some people but would you guys like to come?"

------
«Falchion» [equipped]
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old November 24th, 2014 (09:32 AM). Edited December 9th, 2014 by なぎ.
なぎ
call me n a g i

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to なぎ
.W I S P / HP:85% ; EXP:37% ; Col:15,500 _______ FLOOR 3

A myriad of sparkling pixels flew into the air as the last of the Salamander Warriors was defeated. The girl kept the stance of her finishing move for a few more seconds while the blade in her hand lost its silver shine. She was panting; the horde of reptiles had given her a harder time than she'd anticipated. They may not be particularly intelligent, but they hit hard and could be quite fast. The result screen appeared in front of her, showcasing the EXP, col and items she received. She stood up and sheathed her sword before inspecting them.

As expected, nothing special. The items were just two «Salamander Warrior's Armor». At least she got a good chunk of experience. She looked around and noticed the fog, though ever-present, seemed to thin out, signaling the beginning of another day. The girl dismissed the item screen and started making her way towards the floor teleport.
Despite the unwelcoming atmosphere of the forest, she felt oddly at ease here - at least when there weren't any monsters around. Perhaps it was because of the silence, or because the blanket of mist was soothing in a way... or maybe because of the similarity the thick, mountainous pine forest had to her home country. Her display name was right on target in that sense; will-o'-the-wisps would also feel right at home in a place like this. She chuckled at the thought. One difference though; the human Wisp would normally think twice before staying in the forest overnight. In this case, she made an exception. She had heard a special monster drop would only appear when the monsters were beat at night. Sadly, despite fighting for most of the night, she didn't manage to get that drop even once. Maybe the rumor had been wrong after all?

As she got closer to the floor teleport, the fog gradually thinned even more, and Wisp was greeted with the bright pastel colours of the dawn sky. While most players would consider this a blessing, to her it wasn't so much; it provided better vision, sure, but also visibility, and dealing with other players wasn't really something she felt like at the moment - or most of the time, really.
Thankfully, there was a simple solution. Wisp stood behind a tree and adjusted her robe to cover her body and bright hair. Then, she simply pressed the button on the right side of her visual field to go into «Hiding» status. After making sure she was covered properly, she proceeded.
It was always a bit nerve-racking to use «Hiding» in clear view, but as she used the skill so often it'd gotten to a very high level. To people who lacked a well-developed «Detection» skill, she was practically invisible, but then of course «Detection» was a very common skill to have. Wisp rushed to the teleport gate as fast as possible, while taking caution to land on her tiptoes every step to reduce impact and thus sound. She kept an eye on her «Hide Rate» that was steadily decreasing as she stepped into the light. Even this early in the morning, there was a group of people gathered around the teleport gate. Just as she stepped on the platform, her «Hide Rate» ran out, and she abruptly became visible to all. The crowd was startled, but she had enough time for her next disappearing act:

''Teleport!''

- said if you won't save me, please don't waste my time.
Old November 28th, 2014 (01:45 PM). Edited December 4th, 2014 by (Drakath).
(Drakath)
The Legendary Yakuzas

Nature: Rash
Drakath - Level 15 - Exp 50% - 17,593 Col - Floor 3

"Alright, where is it." Drakath said, attempting to keep his voice down. He was crouching on a thick tree branch while surveying the dark misty area, lit by a dim light blue light that was shining through the trees. The branch cracked, he knew this would happen eventually. "There, I found it." Drakath said, just as the branch broke off. He kicked off the branch and landed on another tree's branch. He ran along the branches from tree to tree until he reached a giant pit. A group of Mantis Knights and Salamander Warriors surrounded the pit. Are they guarding it? I guess he wasn't lying after all he thought. He decided he was going to jump into the pit while avoiding detection. He calmed himself, This is it, leap of faith. He ran forward on the branch and jumped off with all of his might.

He relaxed everything in his body, closed his eyes, and gracefully fell forward. His body was vertical above the middle of the pit, he spread his arms at a 45 degree angle as his entered the pit. He fell for what seemed like an eternity but to him, it felt like flight. Just before he hit the ground, he flipped forward and landed in a 3 point pose. The bottom was much softer than he imagined, as he lost no health much to his surprise. He opened his eyes as he stood up and saw a very large cave, well lit with torches, full of traps and treasure. He slowly walked from the floating object,surrounded by water, that he was standing on to the path that went across the lake he was in, to the cave.

Sakurza - Level 14 - Exp 75% - 14,862 Col - Floor 3

A tunnel, she thought confused. I guess I'll just go in, it'll get me out of the mist and I might find something she thought, as she went inside she quickly realized it went underwater but had air pockets. She walked through the tight tunnel with little light until there was a drop, "I guess this is where the swimming starts." Sakurza said, hearing a light echo in her voice. She then dove into the water with a splash and began swimming to the next air pocket. She went from pocket to pocket until she was pulled away into a waterfall. She screamed as she fell until she saw water below. She flipped into a dive position and landed in the water. The water pushed her into another tunnel. She saw a dim blue light and swam towards it, hoping it was an air pocket. She came up from underwater and gasped for air. She looked around and realized that she was in a lake at the bottom of a pit. She was extremely exhausted from going through the underwater path and her health was in the red zone. She swam to a floating platform and when she reached it, she saw someone running to her, and everything went black. Drakath pulled her up to the platform and began making potions and treating her with them.
Old December 3rd, 2014 (09:57 PM). Edited December 17th, 2014 by ShinyDiamond.
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Robin - Lvl 12
Floor 4: Lobria Shops

Spoiler:

"Ha ha!" Mamoru was busy laughing it out from his recent...who knows what it was. Robin's words were literally taken away for him. He just always seems surprised with Mamoru & his actions. That aside, he's in the game with Robin, whether he likes it or not. Frankly, Robin wasn't too worried about his friend. He always seemed to get himself out of trouble, even if he's the cause of it.

Lucina, who watched the duel & congratulates Robin, walks up to the duo & invites them both to a New Year's Eve feast. Robin wasn't all too excited about the idea. On the other hand, Mamoru was smiling & drooling. "Food~" He just really likes everything. Maybe. Robin sometimes couldn't figure him out. Mamoru wipes his drool & clears his throat, "As much as I want to, I can't."

"HUH?!" Robin was appalled. Mamoru, turning down food? It's unimaginable!

"Yep, I have a busy schedule. Lots of stuff to do before the end of the day." He says nothing more & turns to where the direction of the wall was, & off he goes.

"......" Robin thought he was stupid. Cue comedic sweat. "He's...just wants to explore more," he reluctantly explained. At least he was gone...& he's with Lucina. As soon as he realized this, he quickly turns to her & tries to find his words. "W-well, see, I'm here to get some new equipment, & then go train. I'm t-training overnight," Robin quickly turns with a blush & looks at the shops. He did need new equipment, but he couldn't tell Lucina he wasn't into the holidays.

Mamoru - Lvl 15

Spoiler:

Wall! Wall! Wall! I want to see the wall! But I also want food. But I wanna explore too! Gah, so many choices! Waaaalll!!! I crash straight into something without even realizing it. Oh, it's the wall! When i regain my composure, I take a step back & look waaaay up. "Wow...! Amazing." This wall sure is massive, I wonder if I could climb? Hrg!!! Nope. Meh, I'll keep trying just for fun. I don't even care if some eyes are looking strangely at me. I can enjoy myself.

As much as I wanna eat, I take exploring as more fun than food. You can see unexpected things when you adventure, like finding your friend, meeting his girl, who's pretty cute... I should mess with Robin more next time. I wonder why he seems a bit different anyway. Probably now that he's meeting some new people under serious conditions. Ha! What life brings you.

~Dia+PS~
Old December 14th, 2014 (01:44 PM).
DeathofShadows
The Brightest Darkness

Nature: Lax
<<Dragon>>
A New Acquaintance
Level: 15 | EXP:000650 | Guild: N/A | Col:1503 | HP: 100%
Floor 4 - Markets

Dragon chuckled, rubbig the back of his neck. "That one was crazy. Thankfully, once the rest of the front line and I knew what we were up against, it was rather easy to form a strategy." He looked at Aria inquisitively, adding, "I'm guessing you've heard the rumors about a murder guild floating around? That was probably the scariest part for me."

The rumor had started about a week after the second floor had been cleared. Something called the Black Hand. The rumor told of a guild of red players, with the express purpose to kill other players. He holed that it had nothig to do with that Enigma fellow that had vanished just before they had entered the second floor boss room. It wasn't that he thought the strange man was a friend, he merely did not wish to clash with someone of that skill if he had a choice. The so-called "assassin" was a beast when it came to close quarters.

As if to back up this rumor, they had lost a few players to unexplained circumstances... But those were bad thoughts. They had made it through that floor, and now it was time to celebrate!

Before Aria had a chance to answer his previous question, Dragon interjected by asking, "Would you mind i I got you a drink or something?"
CSS by DeathofShadows
Old December 15th, 2014 (10:23 AM).
Data_Error

Aria
Lvl. 12 | Exp. 35% | HP. 100% | Col. 976
Floor 4 - Lobria, Market

The man had a bit of a laugh to himself, admitting that “That one was crazy,” and that “once the rest of the front line and I knew what we were up against, it was rather easy to form a strategy."

At this, Aria had to consciously keep her lips closed and expression even, but all the same allowed her eyes to dart up and down for but a second and give Dragon another once-over. The rest of the front line? She had immediately written this man down as a player quite invested in the combat aspects of the game, but not as part of the floor-clearing group. If this man was not just full of hot air, he was indeed someone quite deserving of her consideration.

And, of course, her overall chance of surviving this game of death would skyrocket in his presence.

As if reading her thoughts (and, given his returning her studying stare, he may well have been to some small degree), Dragon now asked, "I'm guessing you've heard the rumors about a murder guild floating around? That was probably the scariest part for me."

Yes, that would certainly be the most terrifying bit. A maze-like wood coated thickly in fog sounded like an ambush just waiting to happen. Rumors were rumors and all that, and hard to put stock in when reports varied from a smattering of street-bandits to a highly organized ring of assassins, yet either way they created a risk great enough that Aria was now fairly positive she would never visit the floor below without an overwhelmingly convincing motive.

Not even letting the conversation rest long enough for Aria to say as much, Dragon spoke a third time, proposing “would you mind if I got you a drink or something?" Aria rolled her eyes upward and pretended to ponder this, albeit there was little doubt for her to ponder over. Dragon would be too valuable of an ally for Aria to stiff him on his offer, and besides, she hardly had many better uses for her time - she was finished with field work for the day, and it was getting a bit late to plausibly do anything but go to market, anyway. She could afford a bit more drawing out of the conversation.

“Certainly,” she allowed, giving Dragon a curt nod. “Have you a place in mind?” And she did, very deeply, hope that Dragon had a place in mind, so as that it might not be her fault when she would inevitably pick some place disappointing to one or both of them.
Old December 18th, 2014 (09:00 PM).
(Drakath)
The Legendary Yakuzas

Sakurza - Level 14 - Exp 75% - 12,864 Col - Floor 3

The sound of her beating heart was all that she could hear. The darkness was all she could see. Her breathing slowed to a steady pace. She slowly opened her eyes. She saw a dim light. As she propped herself up to look around, "Well you've been out for a while." She looked around and saw Drakath sitting down near her. "How do you feel?" he asked. "I'm a bit dizzy but I feel okay." she replied. "What happened? You looked terrible when I pulled you to this platform." "I saw a tunnel, went in and fell down a waterfall, hit a few rocks, and tried swimming here." she answered. "How did you get here?" "I was exploring and jumped down here." "From up there? That's a big drop, how did you survive?" "Well, this platform is way softer than you think." "When did you find me?" she asked. "Shortly after I landed. I heard a scream and soon after, I saw you barely make it to this platform. It took a while but I managed to fix you up with some potions. You were out for around one to two hours." Drakath said. "Well I'm fine now but, where are we?" "At the bottom of a pit, on a platform floating in water that leads to a cave." "You think we should go in?" "Sure, why not?" Drakath said. Sakurza and Drakath stood up and walked into the cave. They knew that all of the treasures were traps, so they continued on into the cave.

Drakath and Sakurza were confronted by 3 Salamander Warriors. It's about time something showed up. After a few counter attacks they each exploded into polygons. They continued walking and found a pit with stone pillars sticking out of it. Drakath was the first to start moving across. Jumping from pillar to pillar he crossed the pit, but midway through the pillar collapsed. He managed to jump off and stick his sword into the side of a pillar. That was close. He began climbing the pillar with his sword. When Sakurza saw him climbing, she started crossing the pit. Drakath pulled himself up to the top of the pillar. "Hey, are you okay?" "Yeah, I'm fine" He saw her pillar start cracking rapidly, "Jump!" hearing his yell she jumped to the next pillar and saw the one she was on collapse. "Thanks." They finished crossing the pit and there was a stone wall in front of them. "Huh, a dead end." Drakath said. He saw an unusual piece of stone in the wall, "Or maybe not." He unsheathed his sword and stabbed into a split in the rock. The stone wall slid apart, with gravel and dust falling off as it moved. "Nice, I didn't even notice that." Sakurza said. They walked through and saw a large area with steps leading to what looked like a throne. They saw a player, with an orange color cursor above his head, with the darkness was hiding his appearance, the player was sitting on the throne. This can't be good, I hope it isn't what I think it is.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (07:05 AM).
Rose Quartz
Let's change our fate

Lucina
Player level 17

Lucina was kind of surprised that Mamoru turned down her offer and maybe it was a little inconvenient too because she needed something or someone to get Robin to come too. Now that Mamoru wasn't going, Robin probably wouldn't either... and that meant spending her New Year's Eve alone again... which she usually didn't mind but Robin would be spending it alone too. She had a thoughtful look on her face as she tried to think of other ways to get him to come. It felt just like getting her little sister not to work at holidays but different. Why she wanted him to come so badly was even a riddle to her. Maybe she just didn't want her allies or friends to spend these precious days all alone. Although she thought of Robin as someone who wouldn't mind spending holidays alone, she just couldn't forgive herself if she didn't at least try. It wasn't a secret Robin liked her food but that just wouldn't do... she needed to be smart. She needed a tactic, a clever move but as soon as Mamoru left and Robin turned down her offer as well Lucina just couldn't keep her mouth shut and said something before thinking... again.

"Oh no, you're not gonna spend an holiday alone again! You're coming whether you want to or not! If you want to fight for it then go on, I'll win anyway because I'm far more skilled and higher leveled!" Lucina shooted with a strong determination showing in her eyes. As soon as Lucina noticed what she actually said a faint red blush showed up across her cheeks and she scratched her chin while looking away from Robin. This was an awkward situation for her as she doesn't often lose control of her emotions... thoughts however, that was a whole different story. "Damn... did it again..." She said quietly. "W-What I mean is... You can always go train but you can't always celebrate New Year's Eve at a friend's house... So... please?"

------
«Falchion» [equipped]
Brothers
Sisters
Theme
Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:00 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Robin - Lvl 12
Floor 4: Lobria Shops

Spoiler:

Suddenly, Robin's being lectured. It's not often he gets lectured since he entered this game. With Lucina, it was weird. It the first time she's ever lectured him. One thing that caught Robin off-guard was how she was higher leveled than him. I clearly have more experience than you when it comes to real fight. He thought it, but he wasn't going to say it straight to her face, that'd be cold, like the weather. Robin looks to his side in exasperation, at a loss of words. "Well, uhm..."

It's not like he hates training, but he often got curious what it'd be like spending the holidays with people. He can't exactly say no to Lucina. It's a shame he couldn't try with his parents. It would've been better with Mamoru since he's known him the longest. Too bad he's not coming. Letting his curiosity get the best of him, Robin replied with a sigh, "OK. I'll only be there for appearance, though!" he quickly added, not knowing what that even meant. He crosses his arms as he looks at the shops. "What time is it exactly?" She needed to issue the time of the party, right?

~Dia+PS~
Old 2 Weeks Ago (05:41 PM).
なぎ
call me n a g i

.W I S P / HP:85% ; EXP:37% ; Col:15,500 _______ FLOOR 3

Wisp materialized at the teleport gate plaza of Lobria town, Floor 4. Ever since this floor was opened, a large portion of explorers had basically been on hiatus; a well-deserved break until the time limit on the teleport gate would run out and it could provide passage to the next floor. That would be tonight. A new year's celebration involving the exploration of a whole new floor. Though she was curious, Wisp wasn't planning on joining that first exploration party. She'd already pulled an all-nighter, and if she would sleep through the day only to go exploring again at night, her circadian rhythm was going to be seriously messed up. Today she'd take it easy and enjoy the festivities.
Though she was curious.

Having said - or rather, thought - that, she wasn't exactly sure what 'festivities' she was going to 'enjoy' yet at all. Because her life in this game mostly consisted of avoiding other players, she didn't have any friends to celebrate with or anything. For now, she decided to head to the inn she had been staying at for the past few days.
There was some sort of commotion going on in the plaza. A duel, it seemed, because a crowd was gathering in a large circle. This piqued even Wisp's interest, and she quickly tried to look around for a place where she could view the brawl. By the time she managed, it had already begun: First Strike mode, but surprisingly enough it took a number of back-and-forth jabs before the duel was decided. The brawlers were like polar opposites, too. One seemed serious and concentrated, but the other was just... fooling around, almost. Wisp didn't understand what he was doing, and so it was no surprise to her that he lost soon after. When it was over, the duelists joined in conversation, and the crowd dissolved quickly. Wisp, too, quickly put her hood on and fled back to the side of the square to resume on her way.

She was walking alongside a wall, so she would only need to be on her guard for people from one side. It was going fine too, until suddenly she noticed a player practically marching toward the wall at a high speed. Wisp slowed her steps, to watch what was going to happen. Within city bounds, there was little chance she would get in any real trouble, but she preferred to keep a low profile nonetheless. Imagine her surprise when the young man she had perceived as dangerous promptly crashed into the wall. Like he forgot it was coming. Wisp couldn't help but laugh - and immediately covered her mouth afterwards. She didn't want to piss him off by laughing at him... but again, he seemed completely oblivious. The boy regained his composure, and looked up at the height of the wall.
''Wow...! Amazing.'' he uttered, and immediately proceeded to start climbing it. That didn't work. Wisp was doing her utmost to suppress another burst of laughter. But he had piqued her interest, and so she did something quite unnatural for her: strike up conversation.

''You okay? You crashed into that wall pretty hard...'' she said, trying to hide the laugh from her voice still. ''Why are you so interested in a wall, of all things?''

Old 2 Weeks Ago (05:17 PM).
Khawill
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Kai
Floor 4

I hate waiting. There are a hundred better things to do than sit in a town. I took out some leftovers from the Christmas dinner our guild had. The food tasted great, but the taste had no meaning to me if I was bored. From the corner of my eye, two people stood out in the entire crowd. One was energetically attempting to force his food on people passing by, while the other was doing the same with less energy. His spirit was contagious and I began to feel excited. I jumped to my feet and approached the man. "Hey you! What is your name?" I loudly exclaimed with a wide smile.

He matched my energy with a smile of his own, and moved his face close to mine, "Fester." He said, "What is it to you?! Do you want to buy my food?!" He began to get louder.

"NO I DON'T!" I replied with an even louder tone than him, "I'm BORED and I wanna FIGHT!" We got real close, and I could tell by the look in his eyes that he wanted to fight me.

"WELL STRANGER, I AM NICE, LETS FIX THAT BOREDOM!" He yelled back. Everybody in earshot within Lobria was watching us.

The girl pushed us apart and turned toward Fester, "Is that a good idea? We are waiting for the next dungeon to be found. There's no reason to randomly fight someone."

He turned toward her, and still yelling he said, "DON'T YOU SEE THAT THIS MAN IS QUESTIONING MY MANLINESS!?"

"Why are you yelling?!" She said angrily. "Anyways, he never said anything about you being a man."

"Silly Rose, I can see it in his attitude. This man wants to test my mettle." He began to rant , but I stopped him with a duel request.

"WHY TALK WHEN YOU CAN FIGHT!?" I yelled.

"WHO SAID I DIDN'T WANT TO FIGHT?!" He yelled, putting one hand on his sword. We both got into our stances.

The countdown ended and our swords clashed. Our levels and weapons were even, and his skill rivaled my own. Though the way he fought was savage, animalistic. Wild. He had spirit, but it was the kind that a rabid dog would have. I could tell he had no sense of self preservation. We fought, and in the end, I was the victor, though my health was low and it was a hairline victory. I tossed him a health potion, "Hey Fester, I like your spunk. Join my guild."

"Your guild huh? Will you let her join?" He said, pointing at Rose.

"Is that girl your wife or something?"

"Hell no!" She snapped, "He is my bodyguard."

"Huh, bodyguard? What kind of coward has a bodyguard?" I replied, leaning into her while gazing into her eyes. "Lets see your spirit little girl."

"Wait what?" She replied confused.

Fester laughed, "He wants to see what you're made of Rose. Do something manly!"

"Yeah! He knows!" I laughed, "Lets hear you ROAR." Both Fester and I roared together and then high-fived. "Like a mighty tiger!"

Rose sighed and took a breath. She let out a meager kitten sound.

"Weak!" I stomped, "ROAR like a tiger, not a house cat."

Fester laughed, "Little kitten Rose."

She put an angry face on and let out another roar. This one wasn't grand, but I could see she had heart.

"Don't you worry one bit about it." I laughed, patting her on the back, "Even the grandest lions started out as little kittens, right Fester!"

"The biggest lion once had to learn his roar!" He laughed.

"Well you two are now a part of The Stars of Aincrad! It is your job to be as bright as possible for all of the players in this game to gaze upon! Can I trust you to do that?"

"Hell yeah I can!" Fester said excitedly, "I've always wanted to be a star!"

"What about you Rose? Can I trust
you to shine bright?"

Rose laughed, "I'm not really much of a star..."

"Not yet you aren't! Some of the brightest stars didn't start out as stars you know."

"What does that even mean..."

"It means smile large, and never let fear stop you from moving forward! A star keeps burning, even in the vacuum of space!" I thrust my sword into the sky. "We are the lights that guide the hopeless and cowardly. We shine bright for those that do not! Do you understand now?" Fester cheered, throwing his fist in the air. I held my hand out for her to shake, "I believe you can shine bright, can I trust you to prove me right?"

Rose laughed, "With that kind of energy, even I feel like I could do anything." She shook my hand, "What the hell, I can shine like the best of them."

"That is the spirit! Find our tailor, Libra, he hangs around the first floor and can make you two a uniform." The two of them thanked me and took off. I sheathed my sword and messaged Libra telling him of the new members. Although I was beginning to calm down, I still had one more burst of energy and yelled to everybody, "If you're in this town, then do not sleep tonight, look at the stars of this new year and feel empowered! With this new start, there is no reason to hold onto your past! Move forward and crush your enemies!"

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old 1 Week Ago (10:21 PM).
(Drakath)
The Legendary Yakuzas

Light shined on the player as they slowly stood up. The player was a girl who looked a little bit older than Drakath. She was wearing what looked like specially forged armor, made by a skilled blacksmith. Her sword and shield looked custom made as well, possibly to match a guild outfit. Her sword had a small silvery jewel where the hilt met the sword. Her shield was circular and had a blue symbol on the front of it. The woman stuck her sword into the stone floor and turned her head to Drakath and Sakurza.

"Welcome, to my lair, or hideout if you will." her voice quietly echoed throughout the large stone room. "I am surprised that someone actually found me, two people in fact. Do you know who I am?" "No we don't, but your color cursor is orange so I assume you've done something. " Drakath replied. "I am Zaxemira," Drakath found that name unsettling, as it was somewhat familiar. "And correct you are, I have done something... terrible. I have secretly been here for a while." "What did you do that made you stay here?" Sakurza asked. "I am a Player Killer, I have removed many people and small guilds from this world. I was never discovered until a job went wrong." "What happened?" "I was hired to perform an assassination with 2 other people. We we hired to take out a little bit bigger than small guild going to level. Everything was going to plan until one of the members fell down and was seen. Every remaining member was alerted. The one that fell was quickly killed off. The other died in an ambush on our way out. I escaped and fled to floor 3, I was followed by the 4 remaining guild members. After I killed them I ran off and found this place." "Weren't some people startled when the saw all those dead people showed up on the Monument of Life?" Drakath asked. "Yes, and that is why I stayed here, because I knew people would be after me." "Why are you telling us this?" Drakath looked at Sakurza and thought, Why would you ask that? She hasn't attacked us yet, so why give her a reason to! "I was just about to get to that. Now that I've been found, I'm going to kill you and find another hideout, there are no safe zones on floor 3 after all..." A smirk formed on her face. Drakath and Sakurza knew what was coming and they planned on trying their best to avoid having to kill her. He could tell Sakurza was a tiny bit afraid, considering that Zaxemira has successfully taken on and killed at least five people in one fight.

Zaxemira lifted her sword and raised her shield preparing to attack. Drakath unsheathed his sword with his right hand and held it behind him, towards the ground a little to his side. His right leg slid back and his left leg bent down. He raised his left arm and bent it toward him, in front of his chest. His stance was complete. Sakurza did the same but her stance was flipped, as she used her left hand to hold her sword. Zaxemira ran forward and swung her sword diagonally at Drakath, he dashed forward parried her attack and slid around her to slash her back with incredible speed. Sakurza dashed in and horizontally sliced at Zaxemira, but she quickly turned around and blocked the attack with her shield. She pushed Sakurza's sword away, turned around and swung at Drakath but he dodged and cut her arm. Swinging again his attack was parried, she swung her sword at his chest, he ducked, slid his left leg out, and spun around. Zaxemira fell over onto her back. Sakurza recovered and ran towards Zaxemira, she blocked Sakurza's attack and stood up. She slashed her sword across Sakurza's chest, rolled over to evade Drakath's stab and landed a small cut on his left cheekbone. She kicked Sakurza away and bashed Drakath with her shield. Drakath and Sakurza hit the ground hard, breaking chunks of the stone floor off. They stood up and attacked at the same time, parrying both attacks Zaxemira held her sword up high to activate a sword skill. Her sword and shield glowed blue and she swung her sword down, hitting Drakath, then right and left, hitting Sakurza, after that she bashed them far away with her shield, sending Drakath off a ledge onto a lower part of the room about 3 yards down and Sakurza into a pillar that was connected to the ceiling. Sakurza stood up and put her sword diagonally in front of her. She sprinted forward and delayed Zaxemira's attack, twirled around and knocked her sword away. Zaxemira used the sharp edge of her shield and jabbed Sakurza in throat. Drakath climbed up to the ledge and saw her fall down choking and Zaxemira retrieve her sword. He pulled himself up as Sakurza slowly got up. He ran to her and faced Zaxemira, who was in a defensive position. Drakath and Sakurza's health were in the red zone while Zaxemira's was full due to a high battle healing skill. The all entered their stances, Drakath's sword began to glow dark blue and Sakurza's sword glowed dark pink, while Zaxemira's sword and shield glowed black. This was it, all or nothing.
Old 1 Week Ago (10:39 PM).
Geras32
Slightly less of a noob

Nature: Serious
[/INDENT][/div][/INDENT]

Enrique Castillo // Enrique Lv. 11
Lobria: Markets
HP: 100% // Col: 1035 → 835 // Exp: 72%

Enrique gave a sigh of relief upon stepping through the teleporter to Lobria, glad to finally be back somewhere safe after some training on floor 3. To his sides stood Mjoll and Flamio, two players he’d met before the fight against Asterios, the Taurus King. In the week since, Enrique would like to believe that the three had grown closer. He and Mjoll certainly had, since lately she’d been telling him more and more stories about herself and her life outside the game, but he wasn’t quite sure about Flamio.

Before the boss fight, Flamio was not too different Enrique himself; a fun-loving, seemingly carefree guy who did his best to enjoy the game despite the circumstances. However, another similarity was that neither had ever been on death’s door before. During the boss fight, the three of them focused on battling Asterios’ minions to keep them away from the stronger parties taking on the King himself. Unfortunately, when its health grew low, the King switched to quicker, more mobile style like Illfang did. The three had been too focused on the adds to pay much attention to the boss, believing that the higher-leveled players had him in check, and they failed to notice that he’d grown far too close until Flamio took a heavy hit from its sabre. It was a miracle that Flamio even survived the hit, but it soon became apparent that Asterios intended to finish the job, its blade sweeping in for a blow that would hit Mjoll and Enrique as well.

Just then, the attack was repelled by a powerful combo strike from a small, cloaked person wielding an utterly gigantic axe and an asian guy with a katana who wore a leather duster. The latter promptly looked back at the trio and said, “Don’t worry, I’m not letting anyone die on my watch!” Enrique couldn’t believe how cool the guy was, with his long coat and his hair spiked back to a point, but Flamio could only look forward in fear as if his mind were trapped in that moment where he almost died. “We need to get moving, but I’ll have one of my guildmates get you healed.” With that, the man and the axe wielder rushed at the boss, while a woman approached them from the side telling them to give the higher-leveled players some space before handing them all some potent health potions.

Mjoll found herself inspired to become strong, kind, and heroic like their saviors as well as the hooded woman who gave her life against the PK, and Enrique left the situation mostly unchanged, but Flamio became unhealthily obsessed with levelling himself. He spent nearly all his money on health and stamina potions, and now he grinds day and night with a dead look in his eyes. He joined a levelling guild to train more efficiently, and while he’s still willing to spend time with the two of them he does so only if the activity is, again, training. Enrique was concerned for his friend, but wasn’t sure he wanted to be the one to bring up the topic just yet, and Flamio getting stronger would benefit everyone stuck in the game, right?

They had recently come back from one such training bout to rest, as Enrique and Mjoll had grown tired, but as soon as they stepped into Lobria Flamio said, “I’m going to go meet up with my guild. See you guys later,” and didn’t even wait for a response before heading back out the teleporter. Enrique saw him off with a wave and a smile, but Mjoll only crossed her arms and frowned.

After a few moments, Mjoll turned to Enrique and said, “He really needs to calm down with that or he’s gonna get himself killed. I don’t think he’s slept for days.”

Enrique shrugged. “Unfortunately, I’m not too sure there’s anything we can say to him that would get him to slow down.”

“Yeah, I guess, but…” Mjoll thought about it, but she couldn’t really think of anything she could do either and ended up sighing in defeat. “Whatever, let’s just get to the market to restock.” The pair went on their way to restock their supply of potions and get their equipment repaired. Despite having supposedly closed the case just a minute ago, Mjoll continued to talk about Flamio as they walked. “You know, he might not think of us as close friends or anything, but maybe if we somehow found that guy who saved us, or even his guildmates, we could try getting them to talk some sense into him. He’d listen to them, right?”

Enrique looked up pensively. “Hmm… Actually, you might be right!” They soon happened upon an armored man with glasses at a stand who they learned was a blacksmith and handed him their armor and weapons to be repaired. Mjoll browsed the man’s wares while Enrique searched for something in his inventory. “Aha!” He chimed as he found it, pulling out a pencil and paper. He took it to a wall and started scrawling something until Mjoll finished with her business.

Tapping on Enrique’s shoulder, Mjoll said, “Hey, our stuff’s gonna be ready soon.” She noticed the paper and peeked over at the boy’s drawings. “Wait, what are you doing? Is that…?”

“I’m trying to remember what the katana guy’s guild mark looked like. His name looked Japanese so I can’t really remember it that well, Shi-something, but I remember that his guild mark looked something like this.” On the page were a number of squares, each with different, yet similar drawings in the middle of them of what looked like a strange, minimalistic bird-dog sort of thing. Mjoll gave it a skeptic look.

“Are you sure that’s what it looked like? I don’t think anyone would use that sort of thing as a guild mark. But what are we going to do anyway, put flyers with this up all over town? And now that I think about it, the axe person and the potion girl both had all their information hidden. Only katana guy didn’t. One guy out of almost 10,000.”

“Well I think flyers are a great idea, actually. And why not? It’s not like it’s that much effort. We just wait around until someone recognizes the drawing.”

“Actually, I think the problem is the drawing,” Mjoll said as she gave the paper another look. “I really think you’re just remembering it wrong, because there’s no way someone that strong would use a mark that looks like it was drawn by a five-year old. But…” Mjoll thought about it for a moment before looking up with a grin. “I can’t really remember how it looked either, so that’s really the best we’ve got. What the hell, let’s just use that and see where it gets us.” Enrique nodded and was ready to get to work making more when the armorer called out to them to come get their equipment. They’d both forgotten about it with the whole guild mark thing.

Fully geared again, the two began heading back to the second floor where they planned to relax under the Lone Tree for a bit before going their separate ways when they noticed a commotion in the distance. They were both curious and quickly agreed to go check it out. Pushing their way through the crowd that had formed, they saw that the cause was two people dueling. Both were pretty good, clashing repeatedly despite the fact that it was first-strike mode, and it gave Mjoll an idea.

“I bet 100 on the white-hair guy!” Mjoll’s sudden outburst caused Enrique to look at her blankly for a moment. She grinned and looked straight at him. “The silly guy reminds me of you, so I’m pretty sure he’s going to lose.”

Enrique couldn’t help but laugh. “Haha, fine then, I bet 200 on the other guy! Us silly people have to support each other, you know!” He joked back, and the two of them focused intently on the battle as it proceeded. Enrique shoved Mjoll teasingly when the silly guy dodged a sword art from white-hair and counterattacked, but he received his own shove when white-hair took advantage of the situation and stabbed silly’s shoulder, ending the match.

The duelists chatted for a bit after the battle, joined by a hooded person who was too tall to be the hooded axe-wielder from before, and eventually the silly guy held his fist in the air and shouted, “ALL WILL KNEEL BEFORE THE MIGHTY GUY!” before leaving. It wasn’t long until the rest of the crowd left as well. Enrique suddenly found a trade request screen pop up in front of him, and turned to see Mjoll with a huge grin and her hand held out in ‘hand it over’ gesture. Enrique happily accepted his defeat.

“Well that was fun,” said Mjoll. “Oh! Maybe we should try dueling too! I don’t think we ever have, have we?”

“Nope.” With that, Enrique sent a duel request. “Let’s do first-strike mode too.” For some reason, he put on a sly grin after saying that.

“Sure. I bought a cool new battleaxe at that shop and I’m itching to try it out!” Not thinking anything of it, Mjoll selected ‘first-strike’ and accepted the request, but immediately after accepting she realized her mistake. “Wait no!” But unfortunately, it was too late and the timer for the duel had commenced counting down. She gave a disheartened sigh and asked, “Can I just forfeit right now?”

Enrique egged her on. “Come on, you’re way stronger than me. Just give it a try, maybe you can do it after all.” Mjoll sighed and held up her weapon.

The counter soon hit 0 and Mjoll shot forward, her plate armor not holding her back one bit, and she swung her axe with great force. Just before the axe could plow into its target, though, there was a bright yellow blur of movement, and in that instant it was over. The axe finally hit Enrique right in his side, launching him several feet and knocking him to the ground, but he didn’t take any damage because the duel had already concluded. Mjoll looked down and saw the red mark of a wound fading away from her gut. Of course, there was no way she could beat Enrique in a first-strike duel when he had the fastest Sword Art she’d ever seen, his ‘Sting’ art. Although the art did barely did any damage, so it probably wouldn’t help him that much against her in any other type of duel.

Enrique got to his feet and dusted himself off before pointing at the display that announced his victory with a wide smile. Mjoll walked up to him and punched him playfully in the shoulder, saying, “‘Give it a try’, you said. ‘Maybe you can do it’. Jerk, haha.”

“I mean, maybe you could have, but you didn’t.”

There was an awkward silence afterward that was eventually broken by another punch in the shoulder from Mjoll. “Come on, let’s go chill a bit. I think we both deserve it after all that training.” Enrique nodded and the two headed to the teleporter to get to the Lone Tree.
Old 1 Week Ago (10:18 PM).
ShinyDiamond
«Dual Wield» User
Community Supporter

Mamoru - Lvl 15

I focus on the wall, but I guess I can't climb this huge thing. Can I cut through this? Before I could consider, some girl decides to speak to me why I'm climbing this wall. Ah-ha! Someone is interested in my works! Very well, I shall give them my wisdom of adventure. I give a bright smile & walk up to the girl, "I wanted to see whether I could climb this wall & see if there is anything is on the other side." Right after, I take out my weapon & hack n' slash at the wall. Immortal Object. Yup. I put my weapon away & laugh as I turn back to the girl, "Guess my curiosity is confirmed!"

I guess I should put introductions in order, "My name is Mamoru, but you can call me 'crazy guy who thinks a wall is nothing'!" I laugh excitedly. Then a thought occurs to me, "You think I'm crazy, & I don't need to finish that in a question!" I know I'm acting crazy, & yet I can still kick a turtle with a car! ...OK, dark humor there, sorry.

~Dia+PS~
Old 6 Days Ago (11:49 PM). Edited 21 Hours Ago by machomuu.
machomuu
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Retrospect - The Day of the Battle Against of Baran

Natalia Silverlock||Kagome
Lv. 16||Floor 2 - Boss Room

A quiet and determined Kagome walked gallantly towards the Boss Room, ready as the others were to fight. She'd completely recovered from a spell that she'd fallen to, and she cast her indecisiveness away along with it. Despite Tara's worry of her being unfit to fight, she felt better than ever. She even managed to get a good bit of training in prior to the date of the attack, and she grew a level in the process.

She listened to the briefing, her breath unabated. She was truly focused, almost zen. This was unsurprising, Kagome was quite the tactician when it came to fighting and, thus, she could very easily give things her undivided attention, but because of how chaotic her life (and her mind) had been after her sister re-entered the picture, one would certainly be surprised to find her as calm as she was. That was, until a familiar face appeared before her, one that she hadn't expected. It was her sister- or rather, the girl that she rejected as her sister, Rise "Apathy" Amagawa-Evans.

"Oh," Kagome said with exaggerated surprise, "I definitely didn't expect you to be here. You definitely had guts to accept my invitati-"

"Fight me." Apathy said with a shocking amount of emotion behind it. "You're going to fight me. Right now."

Kagome's face straightened. "Last time I saw you, you were level ten. There aren't many people who can take me, I'd say. I don't see why you think this is any sort of a good idea." Kagome equipped her Golem's Fist Buster Sword and held it behind her back. "Not that I care. After all, if I don't kill you, the boss will. Consider this a mercy killing." She'd said those exact words before, though at the time it was under a much harsher context. She simply batted an eye at the thought, looking to Apathy to see if she had any reaction. There was none; rather, she seemed to have a constant demeanor of pure rage. It certainly didn't fit the name Apathy and she was completely betraying the mask of stoicism that Kagome had sometimes seen her with after their friendship came to an end. Regardless, she wasn't interested in asking questions. She brought her sword out in front of her and held it out with one hand. "Come on, then."

Apathy dashed at Kagome at an unremarkably average speed. Kagome swung at her, but Apathy leapt just over it and made to stab Kagome in the chest, but was met with Kagome's Sword of Aero, which parried Apathy's blade and sent her back. All the while, Kagome's face was one of pure and utter disinterest.

Despite her disinterest, Kagome did notice a red piece of cloth on the wrist of Apathy's sword hand. "It would be smarter to wear a gauntlet or gloves on your hands for combat rather than plain accessories when you aren't too confident in your abilities. So why are you wearing that ugly red band on your hand?" This seemed to make Apathy's teeth grind and the grip on her sword tighter. She lunged at Kagome for a second strike, and again Kagome parried, this time with Kagome raising her foot and harshly planting it in the center of Apathy's face and pushing her a good ways away.

"My god, you're sloppy." Kagome said dismissively, looking down on Apathy with a sneer. "Anger really doesn't..." Her speech crawled to a stop. She squinted at the downed Apathy who was rising to her feet. Kagome clenched her teeth and stabbed at Apathy who was less than sluggish to react.

"MEGIDDO!", Apathy yelled out, drawing a larger amount of attention than the two already had. Her blade, now black, met Kagome's and Apathy pushed Kagome back effortlessly, quickly following up by switching to throwing daggers and throwing a few before jumping back, cutting at a surprised Kagome's face and neck. Kagome was paralyzed with shock, and stood with a hollow look in her eyes. She wiped her face wound with her fingers as if it it were a real wound. Apathy rose to her feet and pointed her sword at her sister. "En garde," she said in her normal monotone voice, the rage seemingly having subsided. But what truly struck Kagome was that Apathy's movements just then far exceeded her own in that moment. Apathy wasn't an avid fighter, and Kagome knew this more than anyone else. The two had been on many a quest together before they were torn apart. But even more, she was far more reactive and accurate than she was in her blind rage. Kagome, herself, was made more angry by this realization, as the rage itself lessened considerably out of nowhere, as if it were fake. As if Apathy was mocking her. But there was something else, something that made Kagome angrier but at the same time pushed her to restrain her rage. In Apathy, she saw herself. Though she wasn't completely aware of this until only recently, when she'd almost attacked Robin after being bossed around. It was only because what he'd done was so trivial that she was able to restrain herself, but it did help her realize that there was a beast dwelling inside her that she couldn't control.

And yet, Kagome was unable to contain herself. Her blood was boiling, and the mere sight of Apathy made her want to spit. She leapt towards Apathy and, as she did, equipped her buster sword. Apathy stood ready, and just prior to the strike, she raised her sword and quickly shouted "MEGI-" Her sword art was interrupted as Kagome's large sword dematerialized and in her hand appeared a much more slender One-Handed Sword, which Apathy was only given time to gasp at. Kagome spun from her leap by jumping into a sudden, skillful spin and, with a grunt, stabbing Apathy in the gut. Wasting no time, Kagome put her foot on Apathy's chest and pushed her off of the blade of her sword, Apathy's body hitting the ground with a quiet thud and pitifully rolling on the ground before coming to a slow, silent stop. Kagome raised an eyebrow as her adversary lay motionless. It was as if she were dead, even though she wasn't, considering she hadn't faded into a glorious display of particles. It was no matter, though. Kagome understood her pain, she knew Apathy well. Apathy was likely unable to move from a broken heart or shock that Kagome was willing to kill her- that was what Kagome assumed. With this in mind, Kagome did seem like something of a villain, even to herself, but her rage burned hot enough that she didn't mind if she had to be the bad guy for a day. She'd justified her actions as morally right prior to arriving at the boss' lair.

She starting walking toward her fallen foe to send the final blow. She walked slowly with a cold, dark expression on her face. Kagome had no remorse for Apathy. She switched back to her Buster Sword. She raised her sword above her and pointed it skyward. The sword was heavy, but it was nothing compared to her previous sword and certainly nothing compared to Meteor Blade. She stood ready to strike, when Apathy spoke. "Do you really want to see your sister dead so badly?" she said in a somber voice.

"I don't have a sister," Kagome replied, "and I have no interest in these bonds that you've built in your head. You're delusional, and not one ounce of me regrets the pain I've dealt you. As far as I'm concerned, I'm doing you a favor."

"I see," Apathy started to push herself from the ground with a grunt. "And here I thought you were starting to understand." Kagome simply looked down at Apathy. It wasn't so much that she didn't see Apathy as enough of a threat that letting her up would do her little hard; rather, it was that she knew the girl was fully capable of repelling her as she did before. Ironically, she had the advantage lying down. Apathy finally raised to her feet and stood face to face with her sister. The two stared daggers into each other's eyes. "Seems like you understand less about yourself than I thought. If only Godot could see you now." At this, Kagome's eyes shot opened and her muscles tensed. She slashed downward, her sword hitting the ground with a crash, and Apathy being even closer to Kagome, in the gap between her grip and her chest. At this point, the two girls were at such a close distance to each other that it was a wonder they weren't touching.

Kagome, gritting her teeth, spitefully growled, "How the hell do you know my brother?"

"We're close." Apathy looked down, and then back up. "He gave me back what you stole from me. I completely understand why it is that you call him your brother, because he treated me as if I was his little sister, and cared about me in the same way, too." She looked away. "Or at least he gave me the five seconds of his time that I needed to realize that I should give a damn about things. He's the reason I'm here." Kagome's grip tightened. She released one hand from her buster sword and switched to her tanto, Fool's Blade, quickly crossing her arms across her chest and yelling "Dual Cross!"

A second blade materialized in her left hand and she dashed forward. However, she felt no resistance. As she stopped, her blade dematerialized, and she looked behind her to see her sister nonchalantly drinking a potion. "That girl...Tara, was it? She and I had a long talk while you were asleep," Apathy said, throwing the bottle, it bursting into a brilliant array of pixels before hitting the ground. "She had a lot to say. She was really worried about you. She told me how you lost consciousness she told you she didn't love you, she told me about your relationship with Godot, she told me about how nice you were...and she told me about us-" she stopped. "You and me, that is. That girl really likes to talk." Kagome turned around. "But listening to her go on and on about you made me truly realize just how unfortunate your existence is. Honestly, I don't blame you for any of this. I don't blame you for wanting to kill me, and I don't blame you for tearing your ties with me back then. You didn't mean for any of this to happen."

Kagome leapt forward once again and stabbed at Apathy. The younger sister sidestepped quickly, her blade meeting and skidding alongside Kagome's. Freeing one hand, Apathy quickly crouched and unleashed and uppercut, her fist crashing into Kagome's jaw, lifting the already ungrounded warrior slightly further into the air before punching her into the stomach and, with her fist still in place, smashing Kagome into the ground. "I wasn't done speaking," Apathy said nonchalantly. She jumped backwards to create some distance between the two should Kagome strike again. "As I was saying, your anger comes from your dependence on love. Or companionship. Regardless, you care too much, and when your brother-" Apathy stopped herself. She was close to saying "When your brother died", but she quickly remembered that there were extenuating circumstances behind his disappearance. "...When your brother was lost, you broke. He was your other half, and you could barely take care of yourself on your own. That's why you always clung to others. That's why you clung to me after Alistair disappeared, and that's why you cling to Godot now." She looked away. "I'm sure Godot knows this, but he disregards it because he's trying to protect you. He indulges in being your brother because you won't put yourself and others in danger because an angry you puts most infamous PKs to shame." Apathy raised her sword. "But that type of coddling isn't healthy. Tara knows that, and that's why she's frank with you. I know this, and that's why I'm fighting you right now."

Kagome stood up and raised her head condescendingly. "You done?" she said dismissively. "That's cute and all, but-"

"SHUT UP!" Apathy interrupted. Kagome's eyes widened as she was hit by a wave of emotion. Apathy's voice far from monotone, and Kagome felt...something in with those mere two words. "You hear the truth in my words, and you know they're true!" Tears welled up in Apathy's eyes and quickly made their way down her face in streams. "Since we started this fight, you've been projecting your own insecurities onto me! You called me delusional for creating bonds, and yet you consider Godot to be your brother to the point that you actually believe that he is! You weren't even able to identify my false anger as a reflection of yourself, but you did see yourself in me and it sparked something in you! I don't know how, but you've really bruteforced this idea that I'm some type of monster and that you're justified into killing your own sister because of this sick devotion to your brother and your insecure fear of being alone! Despite all this, you don't even care that I..." Her words shook. "I LOVE YO-".

Before she could finish, Kagome was upon Apathy. She'd messed up, she'd lost herself in her speech and torrent of unusual emotions and forgot to pay attention to a rather dangerous foe. And yet, her health bar hadn't gone down. In fact, Kagome's weapon wasn't even drawn. No, rather, it seemed Apathy's face was buried in Kagome's chest, and she was enclosed in Kagome's warm embrace. "Hitomiko."

"H-huh?" Apathy stuttered, still unsure as to what was going on.

"The name Hitomiko, it's obviously not Italian," Kagome started. "Honestly, I think that's what started this whole thing. Mom and dad didn't have any expressed interest in Japan and people would always tell us how we didn't look alike. But my family was very close knit. Mom was the type to always get us to do things as a family. She would coddle us and treat us like babies well after it became embarrassing. You had dad, who would watch TV with us no matter how boring it was for him, and you had Alis- Van. Van was really important to me because he treasured me above all else. He really was a hero in my eyes." Apathy could here pauses and sniffles in Kagome's speech. She was crying, no doubt, just as Apathy was. "That's why I could never come to terms with his death, and that's why I get angry so easily- it's a coping mechanism. I never really noticed it until...well, maybe I've known about it all along. When I get that angry, I don't have to deal with anything else. When you told me you were my sister...that was all me. Family was my everything, and being told that my life up to now was a lie was blasphemous to me. I couldn't control myself..." She stopped, and she released Apathy from her grasp, stepping back.

"No...no that's a lie. I could control myself, and that's what makes this all truly unforgivable. Even though you were by my side all this time...even though you said you loved me when you cast out all emotion...even though you provided for me what I needed most and I rejected you...even though I crushed you and even tried to kill you...you continued to pursue me, as if you wanted your feelings to reach this girl who just might be your sister." Kagome found it difficult to look Apathy in the eyes. She kept here eyes trained on the ground and tightly balled her fists. "And all the while I called you a monster and insulted you mercilessly, even though you are far more worthy of being called 'sister' than I am. I...I can't..." She found herself almost unable to speak. Grief had overcome her, and the tears she shed seemed as if they could fill a river. She equipped her tanto and started stabbing at her arms.

Apathy and the onlookers gasped, shocked at her sudden self-inflictions. Kagome stabbed wildly, as if to punish herself for her deeds. She continued to keep stabbing until finally she went for her neck. Of course, Apathy wouldn't allow this. "Empty Sky! Apathy, who'd run towards Kagome after overcoming the shock of her stabbing herself, flipped her sword around in her hand and then slashed into the air, aiming only for the tanto. Upon hitting it, the tanto flew from Kagome's hands. Apathy then grabbed Kagome by the neck and forced her to the ground. "What the hell are you doing! I need to die! Even as just an acquaintance I shouldn't be able to live for what I did to you! Just let me-" Kagome equipped her One-Handed Sword and waved it, as if to scare Apathy off, but she was unfazed.

"If you want to pay for what you did, then don't die during the boss fight," Apathy said calmly. "I told you that I love you, and if anything were to happen to you," her voice returned to being monotone, "I'll kill myself." Kagome dropped her sword and wiped the tears from her eyes. "After all, how would I ever be able to face Godot again if you died. Tara, even moreso. The only thing I want from you right now, is a single phrase. Do that, and you'll be forgiven." Apathy released her hand from Kagome's neck and stood up, putting her hand out. "But that can wait. For now, we have to defeat this boss." After a few moments of hesitation, Kagome wiped her eyes again and, with a smile, took Apathy's hand and rose to her feet. At this, the onlookers clapped, as if they were watching some sort of TV drama that had reached a satisfying conclusion. The two sisters blushed and, hands held, walked towards the boss' inner lair.
Old 2 Days Ago (04:35 AM).
なぎ
call me n a g i

.W I S P _______ HP:85% | EXP:37% | Col:15,500 | FLOOR 3

When she spoke, the strange player turned toward her and greeted her with a bright smile. Wisp was somewhat surprised by this; why was he in such a good mood? He was definitely odd, to say the least. The boy explained that he simply wanted to see what's on the other side of the wall, hence he decided to climb it. Wisp flinched when he suddenly took out his weapon and slashed at the wall, but he stopped when the «Immortal Object» signed came up. ''Guess my curiosity is confirmed!'' he said with another smile.
The player introduced himself as Mamoru, aka 'crazy guy who thinks a wall is nothing'. He laughed and added: ''You think I'm crazy, and I don't need to end that in a question!'' Wisp laughed nervously. She did think he was strange, but was it that obvious? ''Well, you did just run into a wall out of your free will... And if you want to see what's beyond it, couldn't you just look at the map?'' she replied.
''So, anyway... Mamoru.'' She stuck out her hand to shake his, but stopped when it occurred to her that she knew him from somewhere. ''Wait... Weren't you in a duel just now?''

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links