• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sike_Saner

*aromatisse noise*
Years
Well, how else is he supposed to pass the first nine years of his life?

I'm not entirely sure, but I do suspect that food, water, air, sleep, and a place in which to "go potty" are involved... Not necessarily all at the same time, mind you.

And may this be the last time that I ever use the phrase "go potty" in a post. XD;

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
One more thing I noticed...

It's/its is right in the grammar advice sticky 0_O
I wrote that post at three in the morning when I was dead tired. x-x Working full-time at a dead-end job is not a good way to remember proper grammar. Just be glad the post didn't dissolve into ramblings of how I would have enjoyed high school had my high school principal had been as hot as Andy. *-*

Also, you kept reading my fic for so long despite the blatant and frequent RL product placement. Again, I think this calls for a 0_O.
Applebee's. You keep mentioning Applebee's. Since I love the food there, your fic is an exemption.

I find this psychological disturbing and emotionally depressing;

No one has made fun of me for missing gas for 36 cents a gallon, and no one has raised any objections to the fact that my character in the next fic is going to attempt suicide.

Either two things, every one ignores me, or no one gives a crap, which kind of falls under the first category.

Just wondering: does anyone read my posts?
We read them. I just don't respond quickly. I was sitting there wondering about the last time gas was thirty-six cents. Since it's like five dollars here.

Nice...err...topic. But a pretty simple answer. Obviously, play Pokemon. =P
This wasn't a topic. XD I just placed the sentence in bold because the cliché title was bold. XD

Actually, he's playing that cheetah game for the Nintendo that was absolute crap. o-o

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years

Play Pokemon while waiting to get your own? That's redundant (I think)! He's obviously playing Digimon.
The Digimon games are all astoundingly dull. He must be watching the anime, instead. The real question is which season he was watching, I'm thinking Tamers.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This wasn't a topic. XD I just placed the sentence in bold because the cliché title was bold. XD

But I'm answering it anyway. :<

I'm not sure, but I know how the rest of it goes! And it doesn't involve Pokemon. -wink wink nudge nudge-

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
The Digimon games are all astoundingly dull. He must be watching the anime, instead. The real question is which season he was watching, I'm thinking Tamers.
Digimon World 3 and DS were surprisingly good. I need to get back to playing those.

Perhaps he's online wanking about the epilogue of Adventure 02. Because he's a Takeru x Hikari supporter, and was upset that they weren't together. Same with Taichi x Sora.

Duncan McNeil

[release].your.grip
Years
Digimon World 3 and DS were surprisingly good. I need to get back to playing those.

Perhaps he's online wanking about the epilogue of Adventure 02. Because he's a Takeru x Hikari supporter, and was upset that they weren't together. Same with Taichi x Sora.

I've never played a Digimon game, TBH. Looked dull, and I've never got a shortage of games to buy. XD

And of course. 'He' is obviously not a Pokemon fan at all, by the looks of it. o_o

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
Years
Perhaps he's online wanking about the epilogue of Adventure 02. Because he's a Takeru x Hikari supporter.
Takariiiiiiiiii <333
Hikari just got there earlier with her and Takeru's daughter...
Or at least that's what I've been telling myself for the last [Insert years since the finale aired] years.
And apparently someone said(Though they were probably BSing me) that Tai's kid refers to Takeru as "Uncle Takeru" in the Japanese version of the ending.

Him and I are in denial, aren't we?
Well, as long as she isn't with Davis...Yuck, Daikari >.<

He also feeds Pidgey's rice and watches them explode.
And pokes upside down Krabby's with a stick.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
And of course. 'He' is obviously not a Pokemon fan at all, by the looks of it. o_o
What's that supposed to mean? *evil glare*

At any rate, I feel like answering a topic that I missed while blinking.

What's the touchiest subject you can touch on in Pokemon fiction? How should you handle it? In other words, how controversial should you get on which issues?

Unlike some daring people, I don't touch on suicide, rape, or much of that nature. It's just never occurred to me to write about that kind of stuff, it's too unpleasant.

I did write one thing that could be described as touchy: in my main fic, the protagonist almost single-handedly kills every Mew in existence. Quite a pity, really, but I've got to hook the readers in somehow.

Shrike Flamestar

The Invisible!
Years
Hey, all. Should have taken the time to stop by in here sooner, but...yeah. I procrastinate. A lot. Sike should be able to vouch for that, seeing as how she's had to suffer my excruciatingly long breaks in between chapters before (what was my longest? About four months, I think?). Astinus to an extent too, but the breaks when she was betaing for me were shorter. <_<

Guess I'll answer some questions now, seeing as I'm in a question-answering mood.

Okay, so it's not a real topic. Shoot me. It is a question, though! :D

Well, he could write crap fanfictions about how he dreams his journey will be and post them on the internet for all to flame and crap on seeing as they're so crappy even a retarded, dyslexic monkey could write better. (no offense to any retarded, dyslexic monkeys that happen to be posting here. I love you all. No joke.) Hmm, guess they wouldn't exactly be fanfictions though, just...fictions. If anything that would probably mean there'd be even more crap awful fics than there is in the real world, good god. On the plus side, there'd be an actual chance of getting published... Now that would rock.

Where was I? Oh yeah, questions.

What's the touchiest subject you can touch on in Pokémon fiction? How should you handle it? In other words, how controversial should you get on which issues?
To me, nothing can be too touchy. Now, I personally won't ever write about suicide, but if someone can do it well (which is the biggest problem with everything when it comes to fanfics), then go ahead and try it. Contemplated suicide without actually doing it shouldn't be a problem to do well at all, it's if the person actually goes through or even attempts it where things get tricky (and where you need to be sure you avoid portraying it as good). Whatever happens the author should expect to get some whiplash, but hey.

Now, seeing as these are Pokémon fanfics, how about trying something a little different when it comes to suicide, such as a Pokémon committing suicide because their trainer is so bad? Would make a great twist for a journeyfic parody.

icomeanon6 said:
I did write one thing that could be described as touchy: in my main fic, the protagonist almost single-handedly kills every Mew in existence. Quite a pity, really, but I've got to hook the readers in somehow.
I actually did something that was pretty much the exact same in one of my crap n00bfics that I never posted online (in part due to a lack of an internet connection and knowledge about where I would post it at the time. Internet, be grateful). In the backstory for the antagonist he pretty much went crazy when he first saw a Mew (not knowing what Pokémon were) and stabbed it through the head with a sword before launching into a Mew killing crusade. Twisted, but oddly pleasing and therapeutic.

Despite the lack of Mews my main fanfic (the one not on here <_<) still has this evil group who are on a crusade to exterminate not just a single species, but all Pokémon period. There have been a few scenes involving them that have been quite nasty, such as this slaughter where an assassin killed four Pokémon and then their trainers... But again, it's all oddly pleasing. Some people may consider genocide to be a touchy subject, but I certainly don't. :D

Pretty much, I see no boundaries in writing and believe that anything can be done so long as it's done well.

What do you think of using real places/pop culture/soft drinks/other real stuff in fics?
Well, here's the thing, I picture the Pokémon world as basically being an extension of our world with many of the same companies and brands and all. There's evidence for this in the video games, such as the Nintendo consoles in the main character's bedroom as was mentioned but also references to real animals and even some real world locations. Above all, though, it's simply my personal interpretation and is what I've worked into the "fanon" I've created for my fics.

Now, despite that, I try to avoid referencing real items and instead substitute generic terms when possible, such as pop instead of Coke and generic cell phones and MP3 players rather than iPhones and iPods and such. The reason for this is simply because, yes, having real world items in a Pokémon fanfic can seem a bit jarring and out of place despite my personal interpretation of the world (an iPhone on the same belt as Pokéballs? Yeah, just a little jarring. I can so see an Apple-branded Pokéball, though. The iBall; Pokéball, cell phone, and MP3 player all in one. Yes, that means trainers would end up having six cell phones and MP3 players on them at all times, but that just makes it seem even more Apple-like. <_<). I don't necessarily mind if it's done, I just think that that in most cases it can flow better without specific references.

Real locations, though? Those I don't mind at all, and in fact I have referenced the Pokémon Islands as being located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean between North America and Japan. No real world cities have been referenced yet—and none probably will in my first fanfic since there's really no reason to—but in my second fanfic (TRINITY, the one I have on here) I may. It takes place in a city which is completely fictional but located on the east coast of the United States so I can imagine references to cities like Chicago and New York popping up sometime.

There's a ton more questions I could answer but I'll spare you to keep this from getting any longer. So...yeah. I like answering questions, but I don't like looking over what I wrote and seeing it ended up so long. -_-

txteclipse

The Last
Years
The iBall; Pokéball, cell phone, and MP3 player all in one. Yes, that means trainers would end up having six cell phones and MP3 players on them at all times, but that just makes it seem even more Apple-like. <_<).

Well of course. All of your pokemon would have to have their own music, right?

...That would probably be Apple's selling point. And it would work. Because it's Apple.

Duncan McNeil

[release].your.grip
Years
The iBall; Pokéball, cell phone, and MP3 player all in one. Yes, that means trainers would end up having six cell phones and MP3 players on them at all times, but that just makes it seem even more Apple-like. <_<).

Seriously, this wins. The iBall...wow. XD

What's that supposed to mean? *evil glare*

I was talking about the random Pokemon Trainer we were all talking about who obviously doesn't like Digimon.

Bay

Years
I just want to answer this question. XD

Hm, he/she would probably do all these things:
-Play games
-Watch TV, mostly anime
-Read manga
-Write fanfiction
-Chores
-School? (that is, if the lab has one XD)

Those things would sell like pancakes. O.o Also, wouldn't be surprised if Platinum or the 5th generation games has those. XD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

As if the real world isn't corrupted enough by Apple.

Edit:

Why some authors piss me off.

Last edited:

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
Years

If I was a trainer, I would surely buy it so my pomeon could rock out with me ^_^

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Takariiiiiiiiii <333
Hikari just got there earlier with her and Takeru's daughter...
Or at least that's what I've been telling myself for the last [Insert years since the finale aired] years.
You mean the kid with the lime green shirt and blue pants? The one who gives Hikari the thumbs-up?

That's a boy. o-O

Unless you mean the blond kid who bugs Takeru when he's writing. XD; Which would make me laugh very muchly. Poor Andy would be straight then. XDXD *dies*

And apparently someone said(Though they were probably BSing me) that Tai's kid refers to Takeru as "Uncle Takeru" in the Japanese version of the ending.
BS. And someone told me that the kid with Daisuke was actually his nephew. o-o That epilogue just confused the frell out of people.

But I love it. I love it love it love it.

Exploding Charizard? Sounds fun!
Ask Jax.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Why some authors piss me off.

Word. I would've gone the "but it's fanfiction" route, personally. I love it when fanfic writers emphasize the "fiction" part while either blowing off the "fan" part or misunderstanding what the word "fiction" actually means. *stabbity*

Exploding Charizard? Sounds fun!

Unfortunately, you guys just can't handle the amazing power of this fanfiction. Oh, other forums I frequent. You are so filled with awesome.

Please also note that Gastly and Haunter were involved. A lot of them.

And for a bonus, you can also check out the author's other fics, which guest star Mr. T and may leave you unthirsty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back