• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Yep. Continuing on with the somewhat logical realism, does anyone else want a boost on the flamethrower variant status effect depending on their weather?

I think a line needs to be drawn for what would be affected like this. Things that have side-effects already given to them by certain weather types seem fair game, but just adjusting things that have no basis with the weather doesn't really make sense. I guess if you're going for it'd burn less if it was raining/whatever, then realistically I guess that makes sense, but burn ratios have never depended on weather, so why change it?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Well, if you think about it, flamethrower burns you, but if you have sunny day activated, the chance that it will burn you will increase cause the Pokemon's skin would be more sensitive thanks to the intense sunlight.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, if you think about it, flamethrower burns you, but if you have sunny day activated, the chance that it will burn you will increase cause the Pokemon's skin would be more sensitive thanks to the intense sunlight.

Well, the Dry Skin ability pretty much makes the user weak to Sunlight, and Fire moves are doubled... I think. But yeah, burns should definately be increased more.

I mean, assuming if X&Y would revamp abilities and such.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I understand the reasoning behind it, but is it really necessary? It's just adding more complexity to something that doesn't need it I guess =/

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Its just a way to give us a better chance at burning our foe, without eating up another move slot, and the same for freeze/paralyze.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
As for moves that need buffs, I'm honestly pretty happy with what we have. Maybe bump up Hypnosis' accuracy back up to 70% again like Diamond and Pearl, otherwise I'm happy =P

I believe the reason why it went back to having a 60% accuracy in Platinum was because the 70% actually made it too OP for everyone to use.

Anyways, there are supposed Corocoro leaks at 4chan regarding the protagonists' official artwork being posted.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Bulldoze with 15PP, but raise it to 80 in terms of power. I need to reign terror the right way, not with a mere 60. Would also love to see Solarbeam getting nerfed with rainy weather.

Oh let's make rain even more overpowered by nerfing one of the staple sun moves! Seriously? Solarbeam already does half damage in weathers that are not sun, and if they switch in a weather inducer when you choose Solarbeam you're forced to waste a turn charging a 60 BP move and you can't switch out either.

And Bulldoze has a very powerful effect, it doesn't need more power.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I've always thought that Bulldoze was kind of gimmicky, and quite situational. (eg. you have a ferrothorn, the opponent switches to magnezone, sooo bulldoze away?)

I dunno, I'm beginning to think that the only way X&Y will revamp moves is if they plan to add more situational moves, or more powerful staple moves in general. That'd be interesting to see.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I feel it'll be nice if Bulldoze was upped to 70.

Also I think Solar Beam should be changed up a bit, it seems to be the least used of the 120 BP moves. Perhaps increase it's power to 130 or 140 BP so even when nerfed it'll be 65 or 70 BP.

Years
I've always thought that Bulldoze was kind of gimmicky, and quite situational. (eg. you have a ferrothorn, the opponent switches to magnezone, sooo bulldoze away?)

I always liked the Speed-lowering effect of Bulldoze, it sometimes helped me in tricky fights, but if I used it in Double/Triple Battles I always put Flying-types or Pokemon with Levitate next to it so I wouldn't lower my own team's Speed either.

Also, I know SolarBeam's only good effect is being used in sun (since it hits in a single turn under those conditions) and even better when combined with Chlorophyll users since getting a Speed boost and firing one-shot SolarBeams can be deadly.

And I do agree with Vap's post, we should get some moves similar to Overheat, but with different types.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If Bulldoze gets a boost, Snarl, Struggle Bug, and Low Sweep should too. Low Sweep is a Fighting version of Bulldoze in one vs one. Struggle Bug and Snarl do the same thing but Struggle Bug is 30 while Snarl is 55, both lower than Bulldoze and both can be more effective upsetting Special attackers.

Years
We also need stronger ghost type moves, iicr, Shadow ball is the strongest excluding Shadow Force.

Yeah, and that's only good for Special-based Ghosts.

I also think most Physical-based Ghosts need better STAB moves, Banette is useless cos its best STAB is Shadow Claw, and that doesn't even that hard unless if it was a critical hit.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I don't think Pokemon needs a new Type. I don't think a new Type will be added. Light-Type just seems redundant. However, one video I saw suggested a "Fairy-Type". This would include all the "Pink Balloon" Pokemon like Blissey, Jigglypuff, and other pokemon with "fairy" as their species.

Normal-Type today is already divided into 2 main groups. Animal pokemon, and misfit pokemon. How is Porygon a "Normal Type? Exactly what is NORMAL about a pokemon made of Data that shoots electric and psychic attacks?

So, I think there is genuine design space for Normal Type to be split into 2 distinct types. Normal-Type would become the home on ACTUAL Normal animals like Lilipup and Ratatta. (there is nothing normal about Joey's Ratatta. He's in like, the top percentile of ratattas.) The New Type would be the official Hodge-podge-Type that Normal is currently. Filled with bizarre things like Porygon, Likitunge, Jigglypuff and others.

(people say Likitunge is a chameleon. I disagree. The thing is pink and made of rubber and look like no Earthly creature. It is not Normal to be pink and inflatable.)

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
I'm not really in favor of a fairy type, or any new type really, but of course its a possibility and I do agree that Porygon shouldn't be a normal type, but its done now and I don't really see them changing the typing completely of Porygon. But I can see them adding a fairy typing to Jigglypuff, Blissey, Audino, all those pokemon that are in that group with those, so that they would be Normal/Fairy. What I can't see them doing is ridding them of their normal typing and making them purely fairy, although they might make new pokemon that are purely fairy, that is IF they introduce a fairy type. I personally don't believe they will introduce any new type because all the typings seem pretty balanced as they are right now, but I guess if they added a new type fairy would be an interesting one.... I just don't really see how it would fit in.. like what types it would be weak against it/what types it would be strong against.

Years
Fairy-type would just be awkward, since it'd be hard classifying them. Maybe they'd all have to be cutesy Pokemon or something pink? Yeah, it'd be silly.

Plus, most Normal-types have cute looks to them anyway, like Clefairy and Jigglypuff. We may have a Fairy egg group, but I don't think it would cut it as a type. It's just as bad as all those people speculating Light-type.

I'm actually fine with the current type chart anyway. Changing it up would make things more complicated.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Yeah some stronger Ghost and Dark moves would be nice, oh and ice as well, none of the other ice moves except for ice beam seem to be close to Blizzard in BP, not counting Kyurem's signature moves. And there's no 100 BP or higher physical ice move either, again not counting Black Kyurem's signature move. If we had some stronger ice moves Dragon can be kept in better check and thus the arguement that Dragon is broken and we need a new type would fall (more) apart.

Years
Yeah some stronger Ghost and Dark moves would be nice, oh and ice as well, none of the other ice moves except for ice beam seem to be close to Blizzard in BP, not counting Kyurem's signature moves. And there's no 100 BP or higher physical ice move either, again not counting Black Kyurem's signature move. If we had some stronger ice moves Dragon can be kept in better check and thus the arguement that Dragon is broken and we need a new type would fall (more) apart.

I always sorta knew that the only strong reliable Ice move was Ice Beam, but it only benefits Special-based Ice-types, leaving Physical Ice attackers like Weavile, Mamoswine and Beartic without good STAB moves.

Freeze Shock and Ice Burn are strong, but they don't count as reliable since they take 2 turns to hit and are exclusive to Kyurem's B2/W2 formes.

Also, there's no Ice move that's always guaranteed to freeze, which is a bit disturbing but it is a pretty broken status condition since it renders you unable to attack until you thaw out, and some moves can even free yourself from frozen status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back