Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
When most people think of France, or the French language, they think of love and romance and the whole nine-yards. Of course, considering that this is a Pokemon game, there might not be an evidence (or if any, probably slight) if anything like that. But in any case, do you think that Love and Romance might make some sort of appearance in these games? Or maybe it might be a bit too much? What do you think, guys?
Old March 19th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
If it pops up it's going to be between NPC characters. It'd be cool to maybe have a couple acting as Gym Leaders or something. However, it's never going to be us, the player, that falls in love or has anything to do with it. With the player's silence it's pretty much impossible to work in love to his/her storyline. Having a relationship develop through the game kind of seems out of character for the games to, since it's still a kid's game.
Old March 19th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
With the player's silence it's pretty much impossible to work in love to his/her storyline. Having a relationship develop through the game kind of seems out of character for the games to, since it's still a kid's game.
I totally agree. Pokemon would need to have much deeper storylines than they do now to really have some romance involving the Player. I'm not sure though if an actual romance aspect would be good for the game, since we are trying to be the very best trainer out there, and pretty much travel alone...Having a love interest seems to hinder the actual goal of the game imo

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 22nd, 2013, 03:40 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I couldn't see romantic relationships going very far, much less for the main player itself, but it's something I wouldn't mind seeing a little bit more of. I will say, however, there's a lot of endless side plots they could incorporate that involve a theme of love. Not just for people either, but perhaps it could have something to do with the much speculated bonding system that's supposed to be introduced this generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake♫ View Post
If it pops up it's going to be between NPC characters. It'd be cool to maybe have a couple acting as Gym Leaders or something. However, it's never going to be us, the player, that falls in love or has anything to do with it. With the player's silence it's pretty much impossible to work in love to his/her storyline. Having a relationship develop through the game kind of seems out of character for the games to, since it's still a kid's game.
A couple of gym leaders in love and the possibility of a double battle gym again? Yes, please.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 08:31 PM
Forever
let it go

I think the love gym theme would've been better fit back in uhh gen 2, than now. They've used up all their cute love-y Pokemon imo :x
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old March 23rd, 2013, 04:55 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I think the love gym theme would've been better fit back in uhh gen 2, than now. They've used up all their cute love-y Pokemon imo :x
B-b-b-but this is a new generation. New love-y Pokémon could be made introduced for that.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 06:23 AM
iRyahn

Nature: Adamant
I could see two Pokemon based on a love theme. Kind of like how Nidorina and Nidorino are, except more.. lovey dovey.

I don't think we will see much of this kind of stuff though.
Friend Code: 0146-9608-9241
(Message me if you've added me!)
X and Y is finally here!

My Friend Safari contains: Dunsparce, Audino, and Imposter Ditto.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 06:29 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Maybe two Pokemon that in order to evolve will need to be in the same party for some time?
♥Plusle bro of Autumn Reverie♥ | ♥Pink Mommy, Autumn Reverie, Kanzler, Macarous & Apollo♥
|3DS FC|
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here